Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" (42727 Views)

Download Frank Edwards New Song - "I'm Supernatural" / Pia Mia vs Phyno; The True Story About The Controversial ‘i’m A Fan’ Song / The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by EmekaBlue(m): 9:58am On May 29, 2017
Music from this side ti take over...Alobam phyno carry go
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by EazyMoh(m): 9:59am On May 29, 2017
Where were you when O SQUARE was copying Timaya up and down?
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by toprealman: 9:59am On May 29, 2017
bigsmoke2:
u should be happy foreign artists are now plagiarising our stuff it used to be the other way round
Must you post a comment and confirm how empty you are?

1 Like

Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by AlphaStyles(m): 10:00am On May 29, 2017
we no dy copy Hollywood 2?

Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by IhateAfonjas(m): 10:00am On May 29, 2017
neutrotoba:

If Ludacris were to come to Nigeria to sue, you know how many barbers him go sue?

Barbers ?? You don't sue people you can't​ get any money from
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by JeffreyJames(m): 10:00am On May 29, 2017
nevilbot:

I thought I was the only one who realised that the overhyped wedding party was a complete stolen story from TD Jakes jumping the broom ooo.

I even mentioned it to some friends and I was told I hate Nigeria

Wedding Party and Jumping the broom has nothing whatsoever to do with each other. Different storylines entirely. undecided

1 Like

Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by Nobody: 10:02am On May 29, 2017
E go shock una say na Phyno sef tiff the song tongue

5 Likes

Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by JeffreyJames(m): 10:03am On May 29, 2017
subtlemee:
Meanwhile Nollwood is busy copying and duplicating Hollywood movies story line like *jumping broom* which is our *wedding party* here, who them sue?

How is jumping the broom and wedding party duplicating and copying?.. undecided

1 Like

Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by sekem: 10:04am On May 29, 2017
seoxpert:
Yes oh, we the best music, Naija has got the best flavour right now. When last did you expressly go out of your way to get a foreign music CD plate in last 5 years?

For me, I cant remember, we have evolved

Best in what? angry

Best music wetin?

So you call the nonsense and rubbish noise produced by olamide, davido and the rest of them music? sad angry

Songs wey be say three to four months after dem release am, you no go dey hear am again, dat one na song?

Anyway sha, the truth be say even dem American songs now na serious whack too. Maybe naim make you no dey buy dem again

Old school music of 80s and 90s still remain the best.

2 Likes

Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by chubaba22(m): 10:04am On May 29, 2017
Actually it was an American artist that composed the song for Phyno. Maybe the guy sell am again
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by mr2kay(m): 10:05am On May 29, 2017
Wow word for word sef shocked
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by Ayocom123(m): 10:07am On May 29, 2017
Phyno should sue their ass,they gat no shame,they completely stole his song,their version was dope though shocked

1 Like

Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by myked(m): 10:10am On May 29, 2017
xxxtedyxxx:
Op go find work.

Phyno is not complaining.

Y you carry the matter for head?

I dey tell you, It's now the duty of every Nigerian to protect Phyno's songs..... Jobless op

1 Like

Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by baddosky1: 10:10am On May 29, 2017
Big Ups to Ndigbo! I am yet to see a Kenyan artiste steal a song from the likes of Olamide or Davido how much more an American. tongue tongue
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by baddosky1: 10:11am On May 29, 2017
chubaba22:
Actually it was an American artist that composed the song for Phyno. Maybe the guy sell am again

Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by Nobody: 10:13am On May 29, 2017
wetin cum concern us na...mke we no sleep again? wen phyno dey go show him dey find me sumtin?
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by Nobody: 10:19am On May 29, 2017
nwaanambra1:
PHYNO NWA MAMA OYA COME AND MAKE SOME DOLLAR!

SUE! SUE! SUE!

GO AMERICA TAKE A LAWYER AND SUE!

DRY THE GUY ACCOUNT! DRY THE PRODUCE ACCOUNT AND DRY THE RECORD LABEL ACCOUNT!

START WITH SMALL MONEY OOO! - JUST SUE FOR ONLY 50 MILLION DOLLARS FIRST! AFTER THEY PAY - GO BACK AND SUE THEM FOR ANOTHER 50 MILLION DOLLARS!

THEN COME BACK FOR NIGERIA AND SUE THEM AGAIN FOR OUR OWN COURT FOR ONLY 100 MILLION NAIRA - WE GO ASK THEIR EMBASSY EXTRADITE THEM TO NIGERIA TO FACE THE CASE! cheesy

lalasticlala - we need to make this public!

oh boy you na experienced suya oh .. see as you just dy sue for the world

2 Likes

Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by softwerk(f): 10:20am On May 29, 2017
Lucid1:
E go shock una say na Phyno sef tiff the song tongue

Exactly my point!

The lyrics and beats just too much to be concidental! sad

1 Like

Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by Seth2T: 10:20am On May 29, 2017
I fink it's an old song, dnt knw d original owner bt both phyno nd pia mia copied it do ur research
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by 5ircreepy(m): 10:21am On May 29, 2017
They just did a cover of the song is imo...
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by kingmekus(m): 10:27am On May 29, 2017
bigsmoke2:
u should be happy foreign artists are now plagiarising our stuff it used to be the other way round
just listen to yourself, see what inferiority complex has done to your brains.
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by nevilbot: 10:29am On May 29, 2017
JeffreyJames:

Wedding Party and Jumping the broom has nothing whatsoever to do with each other. Different storylines entirely. undecided

Go watch it again and I assure u that u will come back and modify this ur comment. Wedding party is a rip off of jumping the broom. They only just changed certain stuffs in it to make it look Nigerian but the background storyline of two people getting married and having to overcome family and personal challenges remained d same
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by Nature8(m): 10:32am On May 29, 2017
Urukpe:
While Nigerians Slept, 2 American Pop Stars Shamelessly Stole Phyno’s Song As Theirs

Is it a coincidence that the duo released the same song with the same title when a Nigerian star had done it six months before?

Phyno’s ‘The Playmaker’ album. ‘I’m A Fan’ is listed as track 13.
As Nigerian songs are popping all over the world, it was only a matter of time before foreigners started to imitate our sound. But we didn’t expect it to be so blatantly done.

On Phyno‘s last album The Playmaker, he featured Mr Eazi and Decarlo on a song called ‘I’m A Fan’. With hits like ‘Fada Fada’ and ‘Pino Pino’, it is not one of the most popular tracks on the album but it’s not a bad song at all. It has a very nice wave that makes it soothing.

That album came out six months ago.

Fast forward to May 2016, American pop singer Pia Mia released a song with struggle R&B star Jeremih. The title? ‘I’m A Fan’.

It sounded like a coincidence so we decided to take a listen. Brothers and sisters, we never esperredit: it’s a glaring ripoff of Phyno’s song!

It’s 2017 and nothing is a secret – especially with Nigerians who practically know everything. It took only a few weeks before the General Pype version of Davido‘s ‘Gbagbe Oshi’ came out and fans were made to understand that it was bought and recorded by Davido. That’s fair.

But these two American stars are not connected to Phyno by any means (at least not that we know of as at now) and the song is not a cover. It’s an official single released by her record label.

What’s more, she’s promoting it seriously.

We have reached out to Phyno’s management to find out if there is any type of collaboration between him and Pia Mia. They have not responded to our queries at press time.

Listen here and compare the two songs.

Here’s Phyno’s I’m A Fan that, released in Novemeber 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPHYlARUB50

Here’s Pia Mia’s I’m A Fan, released in May 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcrHRO0Pudk

http://thenet.ng/2017/05/nigerians-slept-two-american-pop-stars-shamelessly-stole-phynos-song/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

Ok
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by Nobody: 10:35am On May 29, 2017
Na copy
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by obailala(m): 10:38am On May 29, 2017
nevilbot:

Go watch it again and I assure u that u will come back and modify this ur comment. Wedding party is a rip off of jumping the broom. They only just changed certain stuffs in it to make it look Nigerian but the background storyline of two people getting married and having to overcome family and personal challenges remained d same
There are like 1000 movies out there with a similar story; two people getting married and having to overcome family and personal challenges. This is a very common occurence in many marriages and there are countless movies out there already depicting these issues. Your assertion about Wedding Party being a rip off is very weird cos both movies are clearly different.

4 Likes

Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by klarke(m): 10:39am On May 29, 2017
oyibo pipu have been stealing our ideas since the stone age
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by bigsmoke2(m): 10:43am On May 29, 2017
toprealman:
Must you post a comment and confirm how empty you are?
they will only plagiarise good stuff as far as am concerned it's a positive development if you disagree go an jump from third mainland bridge nobody will stop you grin
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by Nobody: 10:44am On May 29, 2017
nwaanambra1:

SUE! SUE! SUE!

START WITH SMALL MONEY OOO! - JUST SUE FOR ONLY 50 MILLION DOLLARS FIRST! AFTER THEY PAY - GO BACK AND SUE THEM FOR ANOTHER 50 MILLION DOLLARS!

THEN COME BACK FOR NIGERIA AND SUE THEM AGAIN FOR OUR OWN COURT FOR ONLY 100 MILLION NAIRA - WE GO ASK THEIR EMBASSY EXTRADITE THEM TO NIGERIA TO FACE THE CASE! cheesy

Crazy man grin
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by Nobody: 10:44am On May 29, 2017
subtlemee:
Meanwhile Nollwood is busy copying and duplicating Hollywood movies story line like *jumping broom* which is our *wedding party* here, who them sue?

lol, well looks like alot of peeps noticed, when i was watching dat wedding party it felt like deja vu, then i remembered paula Patton from Warcraft, then jumping broom came to mind
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by onatisi(m): 10:48am On May 29, 2017
Urukpe:
While Nigerians Slept, 2 American Pop Stars Shamelessly Stole Phyno’s Song As Theirs

Is it a coincidence that the duo released the same song with the same title when a Nigerian star had done it six months before?

Phyno’s ‘The Playmaker’ album. ‘I’m A Fan’ is listed as track 13.
As Nigerian songs are popping all over the world, it was only a matter of time before foreigners started to imitate our sound. But we didn’t expect it to be so blatantly done.

On Phyno‘s last album The Playmaker, he featured Mr Eazi and Decarlo on a song called ‘I’m A Fan’. With hits like ‘Fada Fada’ and ‘Pino Pino’, it is not one of the most popular tracks on the album but it’s not a bad song at all. It has a very nice wave that makes it soothing.

That album came out six months ago.

Fast forward to May 2016, American pop singer Pia Mia released a song with struggle R&B star Jeremih. The title? ‘I’m A Fan’.

It sounded like a coincidence so we decided to take a listen. Brothers and sisters, we never esperredit: it’s a glaring ripoff of Phyno’s song!

It’s 2017 and nothing is a secret – especially with Nigerians who practically know everything. It took only a few weeks before the General Pype version of Davido‘s ‘Gbagbe Oshi’ came out and fans were made to understand that it was bought and recorded by Davido. That’s fair.

But these two American stars are not connected to Phyno by any means (at least not that we know of as at now) and the song is not a cover. It’s an official single released by her record label.

What’s more, she’s promoting it seriously.

We have reached out to Phyno’s management to find out if there is any type of collaboration between him and Pia Mia. They have not responded to our queries at press time.

Listen here and compare the two songs.

Here’s Phyno’s I’m A Fan that, released in Novemeber 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPHYlARUB50

Here’s Pia Mia’s I’m A Fan, released in May 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcrHRO0Pudk

http://thenet.ng/2017/05/nigerians-slept-two-american-pop-stars-shamelessly-stole-phynos-song/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook
So we should be guarding phyno songs while he enjoys his life and makes mega bucks? Maybe the op thinks ppl dont have better things on their minds other than phyno music

1 Like

Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by abbeyty(m): 10:48am On May 29, 2017
How you take know say no be the Nigerian artist stole the song self...show me your proof until then
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by Yeligray(m): 10:49am On May 29, 2017
nwaanambra1:

SUE! SUE! SUE!

u no d pity person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Headies Awards 2018: Live Updates (12th Headies) / Tiwa Savage Performance At King Charles III Coronation Concert (Video, Photos) / Beyonce Ft Wizkid: 'Brown Skin Girl' Video Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.