Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,525 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" (42699 Views)

Download Frank Edwards New Song - "I'm Supernatural" / Pia Mia vs Phyno; The True Story About The Controversial ‘i’m A Fan’ Song / The Truth: Pia Mia's "I'm A Fan" Was Not Stolen. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by bigsmoke2(m): 10:50am On May 29, 2017
kingmekus:
just listen to yourself, see what inferiority complex has done to your brains.
angry

Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by nkemma54(m): 10:50am On May 29, 2017
This post should be reported. Violating rule 8.
Lalasticlala

There's valid proof here that this is false info

https://www.nairaland.com/3827479/truth-pia-mias-im-fan

1 Like

Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by nevilbot: 10:53am On May 29, 2017
obailala:
There are like 1000 movies out there with a similar story; two people getting married and having to overcome family and personal challenges. This is a very common occurence in many marriages and there are countless movies out there already depicting these issues. Your assertion about Wedding Party being a rip off is very weird cos both movies are clearly different.

If not that I don't av d time, I will start listing ways in which wedding party stole specifically from jumping the broom.

Is It d mother in law who didn't like d bride, the brides dad who was broke without telling his wife or d two mothers who didn't like each other . my guy d list of copied rip off is endless. They only nigerianized wedding party to make it look unique by adding situations unique to the Nigerian environment.

But as I said earlier go watch both movies over again

1 Like

Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by Nobody: 10:54am On May 29, 2017
Phyno sue the ho.e and the b.itch nig.ga featured on it....
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by Caveatemptor(m): 10:54am On May 29, 2017
People should cool down and investigate well before commenting. It's all over the internet.
That song belongs to an American songwriter who sold the song to Phyno but because of inabilities to reach agreement over royalty payments later sold the same song to Pia Mia.
Goggle it.

4 Likes

Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:54am On May 29, 2017
When Psquare sang bank alert, people never knew they stole the rhythm and beat of a Ghanaian artiste called C-Jay titled of the song called Rokoto.
I will never support intellectual theft but na Nigerians dey do am pass
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by Revolva(m): 10:58am On May 29, 2017
Well the song is the same thing but she could have put phynos cover and credit phyno
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by toprealman: 10:59am On May 29, 2017
bigsmoke2:

they will only plagiarise good stuff as far as am concerned it's a positive development if you disagree go an jump from third mainland bridge nobody will stop you grin
You might as well use google to confirm the meaning of plagiarism. It is a CRIME!
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by encrypt(m): 11:07am On May 29, 2017
Ctrl C
Edit
Ctrl V
grin
Like if you understand
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by thunderbabs: 11:11am On May 29, 2017
9ice singing Next track- Photocopy, ko easy.....you can never b like me
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by RapportNaija(m): 11:18am On May 29, 2017
Lol see how the writer write am like say na him dash Phyno the song! The real story here! OP Lied! The two songs are connected by De Carlo!!! He produces songs for Phyno! They recorded, and there was something about renimeration that made the guy, De Carlo, still the song copyright owner (beat and composition)!

Maybe Phyno did the writing - only he can reveal that. But, it appears the producer who own the rights sold the song to Pia Mia. Pia bought the song and is the legitimate owner! Ya all can sleep now! Have a nice day!

1 Like

Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by benji93: 11:19am On May 29, 2017
nevilbot:

Go watch it again and I assure u that u will come back and modify this ur comment. Wedding party is a rip off of jumping the broom. They only just changed certain stuffs in it to make it look Nigerian but the background storyline of two people getting married and having to overcome family and personal challenges remained d same
What are you saying, now that storyline is real, isn't it.So if i produce a movie that portrays reality and appears similar to another movie, it means i duplicated it.If you get married do you not have to overcome family and personal challenges? Dont make me believe you are just one of the guys that downplays the implications of plagiarism and copyright infringements.The two movies are a lot different than they are similar.They might have developed the wedding party around a wedding and family challenges, but their content regarding this topical issues are very much different.Its the content that matters bro.Family and personal challenges is a broad issue ,ok.Be objective bro.You could say it was adapted, but it was not copied, at least for most part of it.But the Phyno Mia issue, men it's too serious, from the title to the content.I can pass any judgement yet,i will see how the two artists respond to this.
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by Abagworo(m): 11:21am On May 29, 2017
Who is Decarlo? I guess he or she's the missing link.
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by Nobody: 11:38am On May 29, 2017
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by MrigweC(m): 11:43am On May 29, 2017
prof1990:
@op I like how you carry another man problem like hunchback. Phyno complain?

Make I disconnect you glo network like

What are u saying ? Sometimes I wonder how we reason atimes, just imagine someone copying ur research work word for word and getting more recongintion.
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by haibe(m): 11:48am On May 29, 2017
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by whizcartel(m): 11:49am On May 29, 2017
Let's call it "I'm a fan(female version). Phyno ft Pia Mia"
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by nigelcoop: 11:50am On May 29, 2017
dis one wey phyno never talk anythinh so...e fit be say dem no tiff am oo
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by donqx: 12:04pm On May 29, 2017
ha
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 29, 2017
Urukpe:
While Nigerians Slept, 2 American Pop Stars Shamelessly Stole Phyno’s Song As Theirs

Is it a coincidence that the duo released the same song with the same title when a Nigerian star had done it six months before?

Phyno’s ‘The Playmaker’ album. ‘I’m A Fan’ is listed as track 13.
As Nigerian songs are popping all over the world, it was only a matter of time before foreigners started to imitate our sound. But we didn’t expect it to be so blatantly done.

On Phyno‘s last album The Playmaker, he featured Mr Eazi and Decarlo on a song called ‘I’m A Fan’. With hits like ‘Fada Fada’ and ‘Pino Pino’, it is not one of the most popular tracks on the album but it’s not a bad song at all. It has a very nice wave that makes it soothing.

That album came out six months ago.

Fast forward to May 2016, American pop singer Pia Mia released a song with struggle R&B star Jeremih. The title? ‘I’m A Fan’.

It sounded like a coincidence so we decided to take a listen. Brothers and sisters, we never esperredit: it’s a glaring ripoff of Phyno’s song!

It’s 2017 and nothing is a secret – especially with Nigerians who practically know everything. It took only a few weeks before the General Pype version of Davido‘s ‘Gbagbe Oshi’ came out and fans were made to understand that it was bought and recorded by Davido. That’s fair.

But these two American stars are not connected to Phyno by any means (at least not that we know of as at now) and the song is not a cover. It’s an official single released by her record label.

What’s more, she’s promoting it seriously.

We have reached out to Phyno’s management to find out if there is any type of collaboration between him and Pia Mia. They have not responded to our queries at press time.

Listen here and compare the two songs.

Here’s Phyno’s I’m A Fan that, released in Novemeber 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPHYlARUB50

Here’s Pia Mia’s I’m A Fan, released in May 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcrHRO0Pudk

http://thenet.ng/2017/05/nigerians-slept-two-american-pop-stars-shamelessly-stole-phynos-song/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

Op said "struggling R&B Artist Jeremih" I'm dead!!! Lmao
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by lawflec(m): 12:13pm On May 29, 2017
phyno copied from PIA MIA. Phyno released his album in 2016, while PIA released her own in 2013 September.
research well bro
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by jonbellion(m): 12:31pm On May 29, 2017
OP get your facts right
I'm a fan was intended to be a collabo with jerimih and phyno but it didn't work out. It was decided to be modified with me eazi and the upcoming dude. The producer is American and probably gave the original work to pia Mia to release as her.single too
Get. Your facts right before you come to start blogging trash and Nigerians start commenting shit
angry
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by ChukaLupin(m): 12:32pm On May 29, 2017
Unimaginable123:
nice. Keep us updated

No suing will happen. Remo And My Bro were supposed to do the song together, but they didn't. So Pia saw the song and Remo allowed her jump on it along with jeremih. That's all there is to it.
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by Mandesz(m): 1:59pm On May 29, 2017
nwaanambra1:
PHYNO NWA MAMA OYA COME AND MAKE SOME DOLLAR!

SUE! SUE! SUE!

GO AMERICA TAKE A LAWYER AND SUE!

DRY THE GUY ACCOUNT! DRY THE PRODUCE ACCOUNT AND DRY THE RECORD LABEL ACCOUNT!

START WITH SMALL MONEY OOO! - JUST SUE FOR ONLY 50 MILLION DOLLARS FIRST! AFTER THEY PAY - GO BACK AND SUE THEM FOR ANOTHER 50 MILLION DOLLARS!

THEN COME BACK FOR NIGERIA AND SUE THEM AGAIN FOR OUR OWN COURT FOR ONLY 100 MILLION NAIRA - WE GO ASK THEIR EMBASSY EXTRADITE THEM TO NIGERIA TO FACE THE CASE! cheesy

lalasticlala - we need to make this public!
diz is funny wen u use STOLE. Nigerians av stolen songs more than any others all over. the famous SKELEWU dance style n tune were stolen by davido, u know that? I 1st saw the dance in a movie called MARA AND CLARA season 6 wic was done many yrs b4 davido's. this is just one many examples. OK!
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by Rainmaker69(m): 2:06pm On May 29, 2017
Urukpe:
While Nigerians Slept, 2 American Pop Stars Shamelessly Stole Phyno’s Song As Theirs

We have reached out to Phyno’s management to find out if there is any type of collaboration between him and Pia Mia. They have not responded to our queries at press time.

http://thenet.ng/2017/05/nigerians-slept-two-american-pop-stars-shamelessly-stole-phynos-song/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

This is the height of irresponsibility and brigandage. You have not even made the preliminary inquiries required to determine what happened and you release such a damning story. I don't believe this. There are depths and there are depths.
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by OtunbaBlack(m): 2:34pm On May 29, 2017
abbeyty:
How you take know say no be the Nigerian artist stole the song self...show me your proof until then

u no sabi read?
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by OtunbaBlack(m): 2:35pm On May 29, 2017
lawflec:
phyno copied from PIA MIA. Phyno released his album in 2016, while PIA released her own in 2013 September.
research well bro

who diz one... song that she released may 25 be using brain ones in a while na
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by Kbanka: 2:52pm On May 29, 2017
Nigerian artists have been doing far worse for as long as i can remember. Alot of our artists achieved their fame from ripping off other pples music note for note.
Re: American Pia Mia Stole Phyno’s Song "I'm A Fan" by seoxpert(m): 3:44pm On May 29, 2017
ChukaLupin:

No suing will happen. Remo And My Bro were supposed to do the song together, but they didn't. So Pia saw the song and Remo allowed her jump on it along with jeremih. That's all there is to it.
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beyonce Ft Wizkid: 'Brown Skin Girl' Video Out! / Affect My Life Breath On Me Lyrics / Review Of Wizkid's Soundman EP: The Wizkid We Know?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.