Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones (13971 Views)

Price List Of Latest TECNO Smartphones / 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices / Has Tecno Smartphones Really Gone That Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by DMerciful(m): 8:03am On May 29, 2017
I said the performance and battery life has not diminished much. Underlying word is much. I never said it hasn't diminished at all. Comprehension is not that difficult grin
rookidmart:

Haba!

If you have to shill at least do it reasonably.

If you believe that your battery life is still the same after 4 years then take the next plane to Silicon Valley and become a billionaire with your phone and battery that defy the laws of physics.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by peacettw: 8:03am On May 29, 2017
DMerciful:
I have been using a techno phantom pad for almost 4yrs now and it has not diminished much in performance and battery life.

Count urself lucky then. We had bought a tecno for my mom. It is kicking the bucket as we speak
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by peacettw: 8:05am On May 29, 2017
careytommy7:

I understand. Imagine being told you'll need to pay 32k to fix a phone you bought 20k

My brother, like I said earlier, the memory is best forgotten. Terrible service all through

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by Nobody: 8:08am On May 29, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:
Simple, Cheap, cheaper, cheapest.
Simple.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by Nobody: 8:18am On May 29, 2017
rookidmart:

Haba!

If you have to shill at least do it reasonably.

If you believe that your battery life is still the same after 4 years then take the next plane to Silicon Valley and become a billionaire with your phone and battery that defy the laws of physics.
No mind am na funny people full Nairaland imagine using a phone for 4 years without battery diminishing liar..there is No phone on earth that it's battery will not diminish after 4 years.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by rozayx5(m): 8:34am On May 29, 2017
peacettw:
I will never use a tecno phone ever again. I have used 3 and they all died prematurely and miserably. Most not lasting up to 6 months. If you have the cash, please avoid tecno

well you were unlucky

bought a G9 tab in 2014 , still kicking till date
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by Nobody: 8:39am On May 29, 2017
peacettw:
I will never use a tecno phone ever again. I have used 3 and they all died prematurely and miserably. Most not lasting up to 6 months. If you have the cash, please avoid tecno
Which one are you using now?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by nkemma54(m): 8:42am On May 29, 2017
Nigga just gave me 10 reasons to laugh at him.
I use an LG g3 2014 phone o, and believe me, I'd still get the 8th version of android, android o, before any tecno phone will ever get it. I laugh at you in Swahili. Your ignorance will not kill you, say amen.
Can't even believe he's praising mediatek processor. Does he know why MTK is called mediatek processor and Qualcomm is called Snapdragon system-on-chip (SoC). This op mumu die. MTK that has a natural lifespan of 1 year at before it starts dying.

How many of your tecno phones dey use android 7.1.2? Oya talk.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by nkemma54(m): 8:45am On May 29, 2017
drunkcow:
Wait let my fellow non tecno crew wake up.make dem com scatter bottle for here
We don wake o. In fact I rep non tecno and non MTK processor
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by Nobody: 8:49am On May 29, 2017
dimexy247:

5. OTA Updates:
The new Tecno HiOS supports OTA (Over The Air) Updates, which means; users of Tecno smartphones with Android Lollipop (5.0) can now upgrade to any newer version of their choice (Android 6.0 Marshmallow or 7.0 Nougat) via OTA.

Please OP which TECNO phones received Android 7 recently?

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by Wizkhalifa2(m): 8:51am On May 29, 2017
I love my Samsung bruv.. Wu tecno dan epp? Oh, d op.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by sogodihno: 8:53am On May 29, 2017
careytommy7:
If you cannot afford a BRAND NEW Samsung, iPhone or HTC, just settle for a xiaomi.

Tecno, infinix, innjioo and the rest are CRAP!

what is this about Samsung, HTC and all that u guys do carry for head? I personally can not use HTC phone with that their pure battery life and actually not really sophisticated like that.

Before u talk thrash, av use HTC phone and nothing spectacular about it, poor battery life, it can overheat like hell fire, it literarily burn my thigh when I use it to play game and put it in my pocket, and Samsung too, it really doesn't worth the price and nothing special about the camera, I will choose camon C9 camera 20 times over most Samsung av seen.

And before u shout Tecno fans, am not one,

And Xiaomi too, anyway no comment until av use one.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by Nobody: 8:59am On May 29, 2017
nkemma54:
Nigga just gave me 10 reasons to laugh at him.
I use an LG g3 2014 phone o, and believe me, I'd still get the 8th version of android, android o, before any tecno phone will ever get it. I laugh at you in Swahili. Your ignorance will not kill you, say amen.
Can't even believe he's praising mediatek processor. Does he know why MTK is called mediatek processor and Qualcomm is called Snapdragon system-on-chip (SoC). This op mumu die. MTK that has a natural lifespan of 1 year at before it starts dying.

How many of your tecno phones dey use android 7.1.2? Oya talk.

Please i wish to know @ the highlighted

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by SNUFFLES: 9:05am On May 29, 2017
Tecno marketers created the thread for business, early Monday morning business. grin
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by nkemma54(m): 9:06am On May 29, 2017
gadgetsngs:

1.) Mediatek:

It is a Taiwanese company. It uses more cores in it's processors(like octa core,hexa core,deca core).

Battery Life:

The mediatek chipsets are known to be more power draining and results in less battery life.Now they are optimizing their processors to be more power efficient but still lags behind their competetion in terms of battery life.

Performance:

Performance wise their processors are very good.Due the availability of extra cores,mediatek processors can handle intensive and heavy tasks and they are very good at multi-tasking.But we can see all this practically if we have sufficient Ram.Yes more cores demand more Ram to give best performance.

Heating Problem

Now coming to the heating problem. All the processors deliver heat while performing tasks. Mediatek processors deliver more heat(more cores=more heat) than the others.

Graphics:

Coming to graphics,Mediatek employs Mali graphics which is a third party graphics vendor(So graphics architectue is different from cpu and its performance may not match with cpu). It is really important to match the performances of cpu and gpu(graphics) so that the whole chipset performs efficiently and effectively.

Simply put. Everything bout MTK phones are 3rd party. 3rd party gpu, 3rd party gps. The only thing they got built in is...well...the processor.

2.)Snapdragon:

Snapdragon chipsets are manufactured by Qualcomm (American) company.

Snapdragon chipsets are not only just CPU's they incorporate other many processors in their chipsets.This is the main difference between Snapdragon and other chipsets.

Snapdragon chipsets are named as SoC's(System on chip) which means their chipsets(SoC's) have a CPU,GPU(Adreno Graphics),Image processor,Media processor,DSP(Digital Signal Processor),Cellular Modem unit,Wifi Modue,Radio Module,GPS Module,...etc. All these modules and Processors are inside of a snapdragon chip.Yes they incorporated all these things inside their chips.Hence their chips are costly.

But don't fear, they are learning well.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by SNUFFLES: 9:06am On May 29, 2017
gadgetsngs:

aren't you a blog owner?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by Hassan080196(m): 9:06am On May 29, 2017
Chinco will always be chinco
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by SNUFFLES: 9:13am On May 29, 2017
nkemma54:

[b] 1.) Mediatek:

It is a Taiwanese company. It uses more cores in it's processors(like octa core,hexa core,deca core).

Battery Life:

The mediatek chipsets are known to be more power draining and results in less battery life.Now they are optimizing their processors to be more power efficient but still lags behind their competetion in terms of battery life.

Performance:

Performance wise their processors are very good.Due the availability of extra cores,mediatek processors can handle intensive and heavy tasks and they are very good at multi-tasking.But we can see all this practically if we have sufficient Ram.Yes more cores demand more Ram to give best performance.

Heating Problem

Now coming to the heating problem. All the processors deliver heat while performing tasks. Mediatek processors deliver more heat(more cores=more heat) than the others.

Graphics:

Coming to graphics,Mediatek employs Mali graphics which is a third party graphics vendor(So graphics architectue is different from cpu and its performance may not match with cpu). It is really important to match the performances of cpu and gpu(graphics) so that the whole chipset performs efficiently and effectively. [/b]

Simply put. Everything bout MTK phones are 3rd party. 3rd party gpu, 3rd party gps. The only thing they got built in is...well...the processor.

2.)Snapdragon:

Snapdragon chipsets are manufactured by Qualcomm (American) company.

Snapdragon chipsets are not only just CPU's they incorporate other many processors in their chipsets.This is the main difference between Snapdragon and other chipsets.

Snapdragon chipsets are named as SoC's(System on chip) which means their chipsets(SoC's) have a CPU,GPU(Adreno Graphics),Image processor,Media processor,DSP(Digital Signal Processor),Cellular Modem unit,Wifi Modue,Radio Module,GPS Module,...etc. All these modules and Processors are inside of a snapdragon chip.Yes they incorporated all these things inside their chips.Hence their chips are costly.
Well permit me to point that in terms of performances, the latest MTK isn't on par with the latest Snapdragon chips, MTK only began catching up with competitive processors in 2015.
In terms of battery, MTK is more power conserving than Snapdragon chips, it's a known and experimented fact.
And yeah Qualcomm owns adreno, the GPU they use so it's all integrated unlike MTK chips with mali GPUs

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by Nobody: 9:15am On May 29, 2017
I need to get a common CX ,niaralanders I need your contributions, edakun EPP a sister, nothing is too small embarassed

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by nkemma54(m): 9:16am On May 29, 2017
SNUFFLES:
Well permit me to point that in terms of performances, the latest MTK isn't on par with the latest Snapdragon chips, MTK only began catching up with competitive processors in 2015.
In terms of battery, MTK is more power conserving than Snapdragon chips, it's a known and experimented fact.
And yeah Qualcomm owns adreno, the GPU they use so it's all integrated unlike MTK chips with mali GPUs

I won't even follow you and start talking
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by Hassan080196(m): 9:18am On May 29, 2017
sogodihno:

what is this about Samsung, HTC and all that u guys do carry for head? I personally can not use HTC phone with that their pure battery life and actually not really sophisticated like that.

Before u talk thrash, av use HTC phone and nothing spectacular about it, poor battery life, it can overheat like hell fire, it literarily burn my thigh when I use it to play game and put it in my pocket, and Samsung too, it really doesn't worth the price and nothing special about the camera, I will choose camon C9 camera 20 times over most Samsung av seen.

And before u shout Tecno fans, am not one,

And Xiaomi too, anyway no comment until av use one.

Oshe! Dey there dey fool yourself o. Lemme give you s7edge and lemme see you reject it for camon c9 or whatever. S7 edge is even much, Samsung s5 will do.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by moorevic(m): 9:26am On May 29, 2017
Gionee lasts longer than any other phone

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by Nobody: 9:31am On May 29, 2017
i quoted that guy cos He sounded as if SDs are refered to as SoC while MTK are known as processors , He even buttressed that again in his latest reply
SNUFFLES:
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by SNUFFLES: 9:33am On May 29, 2017
gadgetsngs:
i quoted that guy cos He sounded as if SDs are refered to as SoC while MTK are known as processors , He even buttressed that again in his latest reply
Processors are SOCs lol, he probably mistook SOC to be superior to processors when they're infact same thing grin
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by Sike(m): 9:34am On May 29, 2017
careytommy7:
If you cannot afford a BRAND NEW Samsung, iPhone or HTC, just settle for a xiaomi.

Tecno, infinix, innjioo and the rest are CRAP!
Oya suggest a cool Xiaomi phone between the range of 30 - 40k for me.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by peacettw: 9:46am On May 29, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Which one are you using now?

Samsung with zero issues till now.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by peacettw: 9:48am On May 29, 2017
rozayx5:

well you were unlucky

bought a G9 tab in 2014 , still kicking till date

Yes, yes I was unlucky. Can one still use the term unlucky if it happen 3 times at a stretch? Nah, I go with the product being substandard.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by OHIsIManuEL(m): 9:49am On May 29, 2017
on OTA updates I'll give tecno zero, which phone has received nougat?, they only release updates to fix their own bugs

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by Nobody: 9:50am On May 29, 2017
Exactly what he tot, u can read his comments above,unless he has modified them
SNUFFLES:
Processors are SOCs lol, he probably mistook SOC to be superior to processors when they're infact same thing grin
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by geronimoedeh1(m): 9:55am On May 29, 2017
DMerciful:
I have been using a techno phantom pad for almost 4yrs now and it has not diminished much in performance and battery life.

We talking about Majority not minority.... bought and used 2 tecno fones last year....just developed one funny fault and once repaired it becomes crap...still bought htc by dec,and stil rocking it now...so in all,i used 3 fones last yr instead of one because of craps not becox i wanted to...
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by DMerciful(m): 9:58am On May 29, 2017
People are more careful with expensive phones. Could be handling cos my bro is still using his techno after 3yrs
geronimoedeh1:

We talking about Majority not minority.... bought and used 2 tecno fones last year....just developed one funny fault and once repaired it becomes crap...still bought htc by dec,and stil rocking it now...so in all,i used 3 fones last yr instead of one because of craps not becox i wanted to...
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones by Henri8: 10:00am On May 29, 2017
generaluthman:
Up Infinix
Tecno group still own infinix and itel. So?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid / Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy / How Much Does These Nokia Phones Cost In The Computer Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.