Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,040 members, 7,810,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Adeboye Akingbola And The ‘private Jet’ Revisited - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Akingbola And The ‘private Jet’ Revisited (3489 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Adeboye Inscribes Redeem Logo On New $65m Private Jet!!! / Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye Akingbola And The ‘private Jet’ Revisited by Nosa77(m): 8:18pm On Jan 16, 2010
Adeboye Akingbola and the ‘Private Jet’ Revisited

Is Christianity a lifestyle of a life? All the vibrancy that has come to be associated with modern Pentecostal Christianity, particularly in the third world as led by Nigeria has not come without its own philosophies. One of the most original of those must be the one which has the religion as being a lifestyle rather than a mere declaration. At some point, it all made sense. If a person would be referred to as a Christian, it figures he must behave like one. In those days, it was easy enough to identify what the lifestyle of a Christian is. These days, it’s not that easy. The profile of a Christian then was of a quiet easy going chap who went about with a Bible in his pocket or handbag, looking morose and dressing appropriately. He went to church six days a week and bore with admirable longsuffering as more worldly characters made jest of him. He dressed decently and minded his language, at the expense of self.

Not now. The Christian’s lifestyle now is more colourful, more expressive. Some of the funniest and most popular jokes on the Nigerian comedy scene are Christian jokes. There is the “Why did the chicken cross the road?” joke, there is the one about a Christian that went to Heaven and got bored with all the slow music, preferring hell and its naked girls. And then there is that classic AY one about single ladies taking the dance floor in the club on Saturday night and the church aisle on Sunday morning with the same clothes and the same dance steps!
The Pentecostals have moved out of the world, but created an identical one for themselves within their church, acquiring thousands of acres of land, building incredible edifices for the Lord and themselves costing millions of dollars. A prominent Pentecostal pastor ended up on the Elite list, while winning the Vanguard/Silverbird television poll for Greatest Living Legend. Everything was MGM, until the Private Jet saga, which threatened his empire, with bad-belle people wondering too loud what a man of God might need a jet for.
Now, that threat is back. Now that Erastus Akingbola, a corporate man of God who is now being slammed left right and centre begs the question are these pastors doing with all these things material? His association with the head of the Redeemed Kingdom vis a vis the Private Jet is being questioned again. Those complaining should desist from doing so. You know what they all say: “Touch not my anointed…”

published in today's vanguard
Christianity has indeed changed. i beg, we should remember where we are coming from

materialism and Christianity does not go together
if we focus more on building ourselves than building God's kingdom, we are on seriously dangerous territory as explained about the redeemed overseer above
Re: Adeboye Akingbola And The ‘private Jet’ Revisited by Mufuadamu: 8:56pm On Jan 16, 2010
Hmmmmm - i think that what it means to be a Christian today needs to be examined in the light of God's Word. Christian means 'Christ-like'. I think very few of us actually fit that description. But one thing is clear - those who 'pastors' such as these are persecuting and accusing of occultism and the likes are actually closer to the mark. TB Joshua for one - say what you want about him but look at how he lives his life and I think you will agree with me that he is a servant of Christ.
Re: Adeboye Akingbola And The ‘private Jet’ Revisited by Ubiman(m): 3:34pm On Mar 22, 2010
You sound like a TB JOSHUA freak. Tell me: How many miracle performers like TB JOSHUA etc., have ever been able to perform the ultimate miracle which even first - century christians had been empowered by God's holy spirit to performed: raising the dead. Any clergy who can do that can then boast that his powers are from God. Why do I say so? I say so because it is known that demonic powers can heal the sick, enrich people and do all sorts of miracles performed by clergies in this our time, BUT THESE POWERS CANNOT RAISE THE DEAD COS THAT ABILITY IS ONLY GOD'S and He enable men whom He chooses to do such with His holy spirit.
Re: Adeboye Akingbola And The ‘private Jet’ Revisited by Devonian(m): 11:30pm On Mar 22, 2010
WHERE ARE PAPA'S CHILDREN WHO HAVE BEEN PREACHING FIRE AND BRIMSTONE, HEAVEN AND HELL FIRE ON NL? WHAT AN INCONGRUITY!

(1) (Reply)

International Atheist Day / Todays Devotion (turning Obstacles To Miracles / Finally It's The Rapture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.