Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,941 members, 7,952,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:54 AM

International Atheist Day - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / International Atheist Day (3549 Views)

Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Atheist Quotes. / The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Atheist Day by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:48pm On Apr 01, 2012
A fool in Scripture is not an id-iot, but an atheist.

Re: International Atheist Day by brainchild78(m): 6:57pm On Apr 01, 2012
I concure with your findings!
wink
Re: International Atheist Day by logicboy: 7:24pm On Apr 01, 2012
Wow, as an atheist, I am just laughing at your hypocrisy and ignorance of the bible;

Mathew 5; 22
But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire

Secondly, if you believe that you have the right to call atheists fools, then;

-Why shouldnt muslims call all christians fools?
-Why shouldnt juju/traditionalists call all christians fools?
-Why shouldnt atheists calll all christians fools?
Re: International Atheist Day by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:38pm On Apr 01, 2012
logicboy: Wow, as an atheist, I am just laughing at your hypocrisy and ignorance of the bible;

Mathew 5; 22
But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire

First, it is the Bible we are quoting and not our words and second, you quoted the Matthew 5:22 out of context. Jesus qualified it with a phrase saying: "without a cause". You could have done a better job by quoting Psalm 14:1 out of context by saying "There is no God" leaving out the rest.

1 Like

Re: International Atheist Day by brainchild78(m): 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2012
@ logic boy, I see that you just want a little attention right. Besides if you are indeed an athiest then why do you need to quote the biblical scriptures and in fact other religious belief systems which believe in the existance of a Supernatural Being called God to establish your point. To believe in the non existence of God is sheer foolishlness. Science asserts that for every action there is an equal and oppisite reaction. Hence, even if you believe in evolution and the big bang theory, wouldn't it be logical to investigate what insitigated the bang? Once agian in your bid to disprove the existence of God you would further unveil that he does in fact exist. Can a can of coke come into existence coinsidently? Only a fool would believe so.
Re: International Atheist Day by mkmyers45(m): 8:24pm On Apr 01, 2012
brainchild78: @ logic boy, I see that you just want a little attention right. Besides if you are indeed an athiest then why do you need to quote the biblical scriptures and in fact other religious belief systems which believe in the existance of a Supernatural Being called God to establish your point. To believe in the non existence of God is sheer foolishlness. Science asserts that for every action there is an equal and oppisite reaction. Hence, even if you believe in evolution and the big bang theory, wouldn't it be logical to investigate what insitigated the bang? Once agian in your bid to disprove the existence of God you would further unveil that he does in fact exist. Can a can of coke come into existence coinsidently? Only a fool would believe so.
im confused but why do you have the mentality that all atheists believe in big bang or evolution? can a God just come into existence coincidentally?
Re: International Atheist Day by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:49pm On Apr 01, 2012
Re: International Atheist Day by logicboy: 9:05pm On Apr 01, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

First, it is the Bible we are quoting and not our words and second, you quoted the Matthew 5:22 out of context. Jesus qualified it with a phrase saying: "without a cause". You could have done a better job by quoting Psalm 14:1 out of context by saying "There is no God" leaving out the rest.

Wow, show me where in Mathew 5 that it says "without a cause" in reference to verse 22.

Another lying christian caught!!!
Re: International Atheist Day by brainchild78(m): 9:18pm On Apr 01, 2012
@ logic boy - did you come in2 existence coinsidently? Did it not entail the coppuklation of both your parents? What gives you the impression that God proped up coninsidentially? If you sincerely seek the truth about the existance of God then go and challenge Him to prove His existance. You will be surprised by your findings. I come from an athiest background but even my father who was once an athiest professed the existance if the Almighty God.
Re: International Atheist Day by logicboy: 9:20pm On Apr 01, 2012
brainchild78: @ logic boy, I see that you just want a little attention right. Besides if you are indeed an athiest then why do you need to quote the biblical scriptures and in fact other religious belief systems which believe in the existance of a Supernatural Being called God to establish your point. To believe in the non existence of God is sheer foolishlness. Science asserts that for every action there is an equal and oppisite reaction. Hence, even if you believe in evolution and the big bang theory, wouldn't it be logical to investigate what insitigated the bang? Once agian in your bid to disprove the existence of God you would further unveil that he does in fact exist. Can a can of coke come into existence coinsidently? Only a fool would believe so.

You ignored the attention grabbing (by insulting atheists) by the topic poster who made a topic saying that all atheists are fools and then, you have the guts to tell me that I am seeking attention. You are a paragon of christian hypocrisy.

I could care less about evolution. I am not a scientist but I know one fact; both scientists and the bible/koran/religion can not tell us how we got here on earth. However, scientists observe and make judgement on things they can measure. You and other religious people just say that is God that made everything with the only proof being a book that is not even scientific or 100% factual.

Forgive me if I choose to side with scientists who brought us medicine, mobile phones and technology. Most respected scientists do not believe in God.
Re: International Atheist Day by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:27pm On Apr 01, 2012
logicboy:

Wow, show me where in Mathew 5 that it says "without a cause" in reference to verse 22.

Another lying christian caught!!!

"But I say to you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, You fool, shall be in danger of hell fire" (Matthew 5:22).

If this is not in your Bible then get your money back. If you don't have a just cause to be angry then you will be in danger of the judgment. As Christians we must be able to keep our temper under control and not let the sun set on our anger.
Re: International Atheist Day by logicboy: 9:29pm On Apr 01, 2012
brainchild78: @ logic boy - did you come in2 existence coinsidently? Did it not entail the coppuklation of both your parents? What gives you the impression that God proped up coninsidentially? If you sincerely seek the truth about the existance of God then go and challenge Him to prove His existance. You will be surprised by your findings. I come from an athiest background but even my father who was once an athiest professed the existance if the Almighty God.

What puts you under the impression that Santa Clause propped up coincidentally? God does not exist. No one said that God created mars until we found out mars existed.

If we cant explain something, must we conclude that it is God who did it?
Re: International Atheist Day by logicboy: 9:39pm On Apr 01, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

"But I say to you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, You fool, shall be in danger of hell fire" (Matthew 5:22).

If this is not in your Bible then get your money back. If you don't have a just cause to be angry then you will be in danger of the judgment. As Christians we must be able to keep our temper under control and not let the sun set on our anger.

Well, well, well. Apparently, we were both wrong! I was wrong to call you a liar and to forget that there are many versions/editions of the bible. You too made that mistake as well because yu sad that I misquoted the bible but in reality, I just put the full quote from another version.

See, this is the problem of the bible, it is so unreliable and has too many versions. How can truth have different parts with different/missing words in the different versions?

You will probably claim King James version is the bible but even the King James version was the 3rd English remix (version) of the bible
Re: International Atheist Day by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:41pm On Apr 01, 2012
Wise men still seek God. This is what a former U.S. President said about atheism:

"It takes no brains to be an atheist. Any stupid person can deny the existence of a supernatural power because man's physical senses cannot detect it. But there cannot be ignored the influence of conscience, the respect we feel for the Moral Law, the mystery of first life . . . or the marvelous order in which the universe moves about us on this earth. All these evidence the handiwork of the beneficient Deity . . . That Deity is the God of the Bible and Jesus Christ, His Son." - Dwight Eisenhower
Re: International Atheist Day by ea7(m): 9:42pm On Apr 01, 2012
What a coincidence. April fool's day is also palm sunday. Loling.
Re: International Atheist Day by ea7(m): 9:46pm On Apr 01, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Wise men still seek God. This is what a former U.S. President said about atheism:

"It takes no brains to be an atheist. Any stupid person can deny the existence of a supernatural power because man's physical senses cannot detect it. But there cannot be ignored the influence of conscience, the respect we feel for the Moral Law, the mystery of first life . . . or the marvelous order in which the universe moves about us on this earth. All these evidence the handiwork of the beneficient Deity . . . That Deity is the Odin of the Norwegians and Thor, His Son." - Dwight Eisenhower
fixed.
Re: International Atheist Day by mkmyers45(m): 10:05pm On Apr 01, 2012
logicboy:

What puts you under the impression that Santa Clause propped up coincidentally? God does not exist. No one said that God created mars until we found out mars existed.

If we cant explain something, must we conclude that it is God who did it?

The thing they perplex me too sha
Re: International Atheist Day by mkmyers45(m): 10:06pm On Apr 01, 2012
ea7: What a coincidence. April fool's day is also palm sunday. Loling.
Lol somebody forgot to check his calendar grin grin grin
Re: International Atheist Day by Callotti: 7:23am On Apr 02, 2012
Game ova!
April fool's day = Palm Sunday!!!
God=Satan!!!!

Mu he he he he he

I too know make AGBEDE NL pastor short! grin
Re: International Atheist Day by mkmyers45(m): 10:11am On Apr 02, 2012
Callotti: Game ova!
April fool's day = Palm Sunday!!!
God=Satan!!!!

Mu he he he he he

I too know make AGBEDE NL pastor short! grin

Friend.... you are so funny grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: International Atheist Day by rastamouse: 10:35am On Apr 02, 2012
It is appointed for a man to die once and after that judgment. Where will you find yourself during eternity? Read real Heaven and Hell stories http://heavenandhellstories..com/
Re: International Atheist Day by LogicMind: 8:48am On Apr 03, 2012
Re: International Atheist Day by jmoore(m): 9:49am On Apr 03, 2012
logicboy: Wow, as an atheist, I am just laughing at your hypocrisy and ignorance of the bible;

Mathew 5; 22

you are not a christian therefore you can't understand the bible and why are you quoting what you do not believe in.

The passage was referring to brothers in christ.
Re: International Atheist Day by jmoore(m): 9:54am On Apr 03, 2012
logicboy:
Forgive me if I choose to side with scientists who brought us medicine, mobile phones and technology. Most respected scientists do not believe in God.

not believing in something does not mean it doesn't exist. Moreover God cannot be explained in scientific terms which is the only term that limits atheist.

Most respected scientists also believe in God too!!!!!
Re: International Atheist Day by mkmyers45(m): 10:01am On Apr 03, 2012
jmoore:

not believing in something does not mean it doesn't exist. Moreover God cannot be explained in scientific terms which is the only term that limits atheist.

Can you name the so-called respected SCIENTISTS? N.b: scientists and practioners are two diff things
Re: International Atheist Day by ea7(m): 10:21am On Apr 03, 2012
jmoore:

I kinda remember an article on the Nsa by a christian site, saying it is godless and atheistic.
Also they were brought up that way and don't want to question the sacred cow(the chrissies i mean). And Einstein was a deist, so was newton. Darwin and Hawkings are irreligious. Besides, there were scientists who did not beleive in God, how that is an argument inany way baffles me.
Re: International Atheist Day by jmoore(m): 10:40am On Apr 03, 2012
mkmyers45: Can you name the so-called respected SCIENTISTS? N.b: scientists and practioners are two diff things

There are many but let me just call out Michael Faraday, Isaac Newton and James Clerk Maxwell

Michael Faraday was the son of a blacksmith who became one of the greatest scientists of the 19th century.His main discoveries include that of the Magnetic Field, Induction, Diamagnetism and Electrolysis. His work on electricity and magnetism not only revolutionized physics, but led to much of our lifestyles today, which depends on them (including computers and telephone lines and, so, web sites). Faraday was a devoutly Christian member of the Sandemanians, which significantly influenced him and strongly affected the way in which he approached and interpreted nature

Sir Isaac Newton worked in optics, mechanics, and mathematics, Newton was a figure of undisputed genius and innovation. In all his science (including chemistry) he saw mathematics and numbers as central. What is less well known is that he was devoutly religious and saw numbers as involved in understanding God's plan for history from the Bible. In Principia he stated, "The most beautiful system of the sun, planets, and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being."

Maxwell was a mathematician, philosopher and physicist who lived from 1831-1879. He developed a set of mathmatical formulas that every electrical engineer knows as “Maxwell’s Equations”. His work with electromagnetism is considered one of the greatest works of physics in the 19th century. His deductions about light were groundbreaking as well

All of them were an inspiration to Albert Einstein who also kept a picture of Faraday on his study wall, alongside the picture of Isaac Newton and the photograph of James Clerk Maxwell.

There are things they saw that the atheist can't see, which means that an atheist does not know that does not know that he does not know while christians know that they know that they know.
Re: International Atheist Day by ea7(m): 11:08am On Apr 03, 2012
jmoore:

There are many but let me just call out Michael Faraday, Isaac Newton and James Clerk Maxwell

Michael Faraday was the son of a blacksmith who became one of the greatest scientists of the 19th century.His main discoveries include that of the Magnetic Field, Induction, Diamagnetism and Electrolysis. His work on electricity and magnetism not only revolutionized physics, but led to much of our lifestyles today, which depends on them (including computers and telephone lines and, so, web sites). Faraday was a devoutly Christian member of the Sandemanians, which significantly influenced him and strongly affected the way in which he approached and interpreted nature

Sir Isaac Newton worked in optics, mechanics, and mathematics, Newton was a figure of undisputed genius and innovation. In all his science (including chemistry) he saw mathematics and numbers as central. What is less well known is that he was devoutly religious and saw numbers as involved in understanding God's plan for history from the Bible. In Principia he stated, "The most beautiful system of the sun, planets, and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being."

Maxwell was a mathematician, philosopher and physicist who lived from 1831-1879. He developed a set of mathmatical formulas that every electrical engineer knows as “Maxwell’s Equations”. His work with electromagnetism is considered one of the greatest works of physics in the 19th century. His deductions about light were groundbreaking as well

All of them were an inspiration to Albert Einstein who also kept a picture of Faraday on his study wall, alongside the picture of Isaac Newton and the photograph of James Clerk Maxwell.

There are things they saw that the atheist can't see, which means that an atheist does not know that he does not know while christians know that they know that they know.

Isaac newton was a deist. He did not beleive in a personal God. Albert einstein was a deist. I beleive they (the others) were products of their time. Appeal to authority fallacy is wrong. You cannot read their minds you do not know their thoughts. Nice word game at the end. My reaction is something like ':/:/:/:x:x:| wait what?' steven hawkings does not beleive, so? Charles Darwin was an atheist. Maxwell and Faraday were not theologians. How do you know his maxwll's church influenced him? If it was naija they would probably say it is a mystery or God did it. I doubt they are as advertised. Btw what is your IQ, mine is 142.
Re: International Atheist Day by jmoore(m): 1:01pm On Apr 03, 2012
ea7: Isaac newton was a deist. He did not beleive in a personal God. Albert einstein was a deist.

I only mentioned three, Faraday, Newton and Maxwell who are Christians. I never said Einstein was a christian, Einstein was the one that do not believe in a personal God and not Newton.

ea7: Btw what is your IQ, mine is 142.

My IQ keeps going higher, I've lost count

ea7: Maxwell and Faraday were not theologians
You seem confused, I am not a theologian too but I am a christian so is Faraday, Newton and Maxwell

ea7: steven hawkings does not beleive, so? Charles Darwin was an atheist.

Charles Darwin said you came from apes meaning your great ..... grand fathers are apes. are you the son of an ape?

Just to roundup because these debates only end when we face death, We as christians do not need man to endorse God.
Re: International Atheist Day by ea7(m): 1:08pm On Apr 03, 2012
jmoore:

I only mentioned three, Faraday, Newton and Maxwell who are Christians. I never said Einstein was a christian, Einstein was the one that do not believe in a personal God and not Newton.

My IQ keeps going higher, I've lost count

You seem confused, I am not a theologian too but I am a christian so is Faraday, Newton and Maxwell

Charles Darwin said you came from apes meaning your great ..... grand fathers are apes. are you the son of an ape?

Just to roundup because these debates only end when we face death, We as christians do not need man to endorse God.
IQ is constant.
Faraday and co are not theologians, they are not qualified that department. Just like Hawkings is not qualified to speak on Biology.
I am an ape. Humans are apes. What does that change?
Re: International Atheist Day by jmoore(m): 1:17pm On Apr 03, 2012
ea7:
IQ is constant.
Faraday and co are not theologians, they are not qualified that department. Just like Hawkings is not qualified to speak on Biology.
I am an ape. Humans are apes. What does that change?

You know nothing about Christianity, that's why I am telling you that Christians are the ones qualified and not theologians.

what's that your IQ again? It was Charles Darwin and not Hawkings, more reason for you to reduce that your IQ. I am a man and you believe you are an ape.
Re: International Atheist Day by harakiri(m): 3:12pm On Apr 03, 2012
OLAADEGBU: A fool in Scripture is not an id-iot, but an atheist.

This is coming from someone who believes the world is flat and four cornered all because a book that was used to brainwash his mentally dull forefathers says so. This is coming from someone who believes virgins can get pregnant without having $ex. This is coming from someone who believes a human being can survive in the belly of a fish/whale for three days without dying. This is coming from someone who believes a man can walk on water. This is coming from someone who believes a man parted the red sea with his bare hands. This is coming from someone who believes 5,000 people can be fed with 2 loaves of bread and 5 fish. This is coming from someone who believes donkeys talk. This is coming from someone who believes he was created from sand. This is coming from someone who believes a man can speak to the sun and it would "listen". And i'm a fool?

My goodness! ! !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Int'l Passport Of JW Past Presidents J.f.rutherford & Nathan Knor / Top 10 Most Common Atheist Arguments, And Why They Fail So Woefully / A Thread Strictly For Those Who Lose Their Religion In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.