Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,071 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos (21455 Views)

NYSC Issues Warning On Date Of Birth Correction / NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members / Corpers To Embark On Two Weeks Warning Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by EdificationBoss: 7:44am On May 29, 2017
The Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brig. Gen. Sulaimon Kazaure, has asked corps members in Lagos State to be security conscious.

The warning came barely 72 hours after the kidnap of six pupils at Lagos State Model College, Igbonla, near Epe, with the abductors demanding N1bn ransom.

Speaking during his visitation to the NYSC orientation camp at Iyana Ipaja, Lagos, on Sunday, the DG listed 5 precautionary measures to be taken by the corps members.

He said, “Avoid shortcut in anything you do and act gently as corps members(1). You should avoid sharp practices(2) and understand the dos and don’ts of your host community(3). Avoid unnecessary journey(4), night parties (5) and never walk alone to obscure places. Walk in groups and always be security conscious(6).

“Wherever you are posted, your welfare and security are my top priority. If you have any challenge, kindly put a call through for assistance.”

He asked the corps members to use their service year’s opportunity to contribute to the development of the country.

The Lagos Coordinator of the NYSC, Mr. Mohammed Momoh, said proper arrangements had been made to cater to fasting Muslim corps members.

According to him, their meals are prepared separately from others.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/05/nysc-issues-6-point-warning-to-corps.html

cc lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by Nobody: 7:56am On May 29, 2017
Okay, I hope they'd listen.

I use this FTC opportunity to say a Reflective Democracy Day to Nigerians of all works of life and tribal affiliations we are one; We should leave our differences where they belong...in the past and work together for a better Nigeria.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by oscarnoble(m): 7:56am On May 29, 2017
So nice
Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by FitnessDoctor: 7:56am On May 29, 2017
Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by sakalisis(m): 7:56am On May 29, 2017
Okay ooo shocked
Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by bukynkwuenu: 7:56am On May 29, 2017
and my one point warning to nysc is to keep them in camp for 3weeks......pay them #250,000...discharge them and stop wasting their time

16 Likes

Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by generaluthman: 7:57am On May 29, 2017
We don't hear
Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by MrJaydpro: 7:57am On May 29, 2017
Rubbish scheme
Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by chiefolododo(m): 7:58am On May 29, 2017
They should be security conscious in Lagos but not in the north

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by stepo707: 7:58am On May 29, 2017
sakalisis:
Okay ooo shocked
Hahahahaha
Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by TwentyOnePilots(m): 7:58am On May 29, 2017
Ok ooooOoooo!
Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by cinoedhunter: 7:58am On May 29, 2017
Their own cup of akamu. Otondos
Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by oshe11: 7:59am On May 29, 2017
EdificationBoss:
The Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brig. Gen. Sulaimon Kazaure, has asked corps members in Lagos State to be security conscious.

The warning came barely 72 hours after the kidnap of six pupils at Lagos State Model College, Igbonla, near Epe, with the abductors demanding N1bn ransom.

Speaking during his visitation to the NYSC orientation camp at Iyana Ipaja, Lagos, on Sunday, the DG listed 5 precautionary measures to be taken by the corps members.

He said, “Avoid shortcut in anything you do and act gently as corps members(1). You should avoid sharp practices(2) and understand the dos and don’ts of your host community(3). Avoid unnecessary journey(4), night parties (5) and never walk alone to obscure places. Walk in groups and always be security conscious(6).

“Wherever you are posted, your welfare and security are my top priority. If you have any challenge, kindly put a call through for assistance.”

He asked the corps members to use their service year’s opportunity to contribute to the development of the country.

The Lagos Coordinator of the NYSC, Mr. Mohammed Momoh, said proper arrangements had been made to cater to fasting Muslim corps members.

According to him, their meals are prepared separately from others.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/05/nysc-issues-6-point-warning-to-corps.html

cc lalasticlala

This is what they Normally say na..... Ntin New here

Even the DG's representative in the south or east wud say sametin......

I repeat..... NOTHING NEW!

OVER!!!

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by DNA9(m): 8:00am On May 29, 2017
Kidnapper wey 4 kidnap corper 4 too stupid..
Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by Benjom(m): 8:00am On May 29, 2017
Those who have ears, let them hear.
Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by MrMcJay(m): 8:01am On May 29, 2017
The confused NYSC DG issued a warning for corpers in Lagos but he forgot to issue warnings for the states where Boko haram is more active than the Nysc.

I think the DG is very idle and bored.
Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by oshe11: 8:02am On May 29, 2017
BroZuma:
Okay I hope they'd listen.

I use this opportunity to say a Reflective Democracy Day to Nigerians of all works of life and tribal affiliations we are one and should leave our differences where they belong...in the past and work together for a better Nigeria.

U r right bt nw in Nigeria, it has gone pass tribalism n affiliation to RELIGION.....

IMAGINE SEEING A PRESIDENT AS A god, hence U gt killed wen U criticise him.....

I weep for my Country

So the real Buhari(Nt the COW) no go Address Us Today and Person get mind open Thread of HAPPY DEMOCRACY DAY?

SURELY THIS IS A DEMONSTRATION OF CRAZE

TO ALL OF YOU WAITING FOR TODAY TO REACH BEFORE OCCUPYING NAIJA...... LIKE U DID THE OTHER TIME.

BEANS DON DONE

DEMOCRACY DAY MY FOOT....... MOST OF THE INFRASTRUCTURES WE ENJOY TODAY WERE BUILT DURING THE MILITARY ERA.......

I DNT KNOW IF A LAW BANNING IMPEACHMENT HAS BEEN SIGNED, COS ITS OBVIOUS SARAKI HAS BEEN PROMISED SOMETHING BUT I DNT KNOW WHAT IT IS........ IF WE KEEP WAITING FOR THESE GUYS... lipsrsealed

SEE AS THEIR CHILDREN DEY BANG FIRST CLASS ABROAD LIKE KILODE....

LAST LAST THEY WUD STILL COME BACK TO RULE US undecided

1 Like

Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by talk2hb1(m): 8:12am On May 29, 2017
Never shall I be called Otondo, even when I served my fatherland
Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by jbnm: 8:15am On May 29, 2017
[quote author=bukynkwuenu post=56977929]and my one point warning to nysc is to keep them in camp for 3weeks......pay them #250,000...discharge them and stop wasting their time [/quote

ryt on point
Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by jbnm: 8:17am On May 29, 2017
nysc waste of time.1 yr I can Neva get back
Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by DanseMacabre(m): 8:25am On May 29, 2017
1 billion naira ke? Those kidnappers no get brotherly love.
Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by jay2pee(m): 8:33am On May 29, 2017
every time, the northern Muslims are given special treatment... smh on anyone that still believes in ONE NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by Suko110(m): 8:45am On May 29, 2017
Mere talk show to let us knw he is still d DG , lubbish

Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by gabbysegzy: 9:05am On May 29, 2017
Are willing to start a computer business centre? and you need a well functional copier.This machine is reliable, fast, bold and clear as crystal.It is a fairly used one and it can serve your purpose.Interested buyer should call 08051381528 or whatapp on 08066202264.

Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by vantage001: 9:43am On May 29, 2017
BroZuma:
Okay, I hope they'd listen.

I use this FTC opportunity to say a Reflective Democracy Day to Nigerians of all works of life and tribal affiliations we are one and should leave our differences where they belong...in the past and work together for a better Nigeria.
I don't think Nigeria will ever have a president of Theodore Roosevelt's caliber.
Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by Theblackstalln: 10:17am On May 29, 2017
Same old shi....no new advice there
Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:46am On May 29, 2017
Nothing new in what he said. Is just normal security tips that NYSC do tell all corps members
Re: NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos by Dollabiz: 11:19am On May 29, 2017
O

(1) (2) (Reply)

2 Major Ways To Apply For NYSC Relocation & Redeployment / Picture Of MBGN Isabella Ayuk In Her NYSC Uniform / Obasanjo Opens Up On Why He Could Not Join NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.