Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

An Introverted Nigerian - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / An Introverted Nigerian (3380 Views)

Ways To Deal With An Introverted Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 10:05am On May 29, 2017
I have been thinking this morning about how uncomfortable I do feel in parties. Don’t get me wrong here, I am always happy people are celebrating one thing or the other like the birth of a new baby, birthday celebration, marriage ceremony or all but attending a party is always like a big problem to me.
Here is the thing, I can get an invitation card for an event two or three months to the event and then daily reminder in form of text, call or whatsapp message.

Once, the day start get closer, I start getting nervous and then looking for ways not to attend such. Unfortunately, my health or mind seems to agree with that I shouldn’t be at the gathering. On or before the D-day, I get sick and not attend the event. I really don’t like getting sick with something because not only will I be in pain but I will also not be able to do anything. This thing happens a lot of time and I really want to get over it.

As someone who has a lot friends and family celebrating their birthdays on the month of May, this means I get to fall sick times without number and I did. I just can bring myself to attend a gathering. I will be so uncomfortable that I get to be on my phone all day if I actually do attend and this makes people think otherwise and instead of hurting people’s feelings, I just stay home and nurse a day sickness.

I decided to share my thoughts and what’s really going on in my head online (Main reason behind this blog) since I can’t bring myself to tell people.
Today, a family friend’s daughter is celebrating her birthday and I do wish to attend but I can’t.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO:
GBEMI, AYO, TOSIN, BLESSING, ANNA, TOLU, DARA, NAOMI, J, IYANU AND GBEMI A.

Aside sending a birthday message, how can I (an introverted person) wish someone a happy birthday without being there physically?

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/05/29/birthdays-and-me/

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 11:48am On May 30, 2017
How easy is it to start a conversation with a stranger?
I got up at 5:15am (Nigerian time), said my morning prayer and went to boil rice for breakfast . After all this I got dressed and I prepared myself for the short journey ahead (Traveling to a nearby state).
I left home at 6:55am and met a little crowd at the bus stop. I was actually waiting to take tricycle as the fare is cheaper compared to the fare of a bike. After waiting for close to 30 minutes, a small smile formed on my lips when I sited a tricycle afar. After waving for the driver to slow down, he stopped by my side and said the fare to the bus stop was X2 of what I had in mind. I was shocked to say the least as I wasted 30 minutes of my time for nothing. I opted for a bike at the long run.
I was the second passenger to arrive at the garage. The car was a Sienna and I opt in to take a sit at the back. As I got in, I noticed a lady within my age range already seated and I took my seat next to her. She was busy jotting down something and my mind was asking me to start a conversation since I want to move out of my shell. My mouth just couldn’t open to say hi but my mind was doing the talking. While I was still trying to open my mouth, a woman probably in her thirties came in and was like Good morning to which I responded.

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/05/30/conversation-on-a-public-bus/

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 4:12pm On May 31, 2017
I am always looking forward to the end of a day not because I have huge amount of money to count but that I love being restricted to my quite zone. When a new day breaks, I am always looking forward to the end of the day. Here is how I love to spend my day as an introverted individual;
I don’t have a specific time I get up from bed but between 6am to 10am depending on my mood and what day it is. I share a flat with someone and I some much hate being seen by my flatmate (we share the kitchen and bathroom) not that I don’t want to say hi but I don’t even know. So what I do is either I get up before my flatmate does and the leave the house or I stay in my room until my flatmate leave for work. (I need to change this habit cos I know it is a bad habit).
I say my morning prayers. I do little house chores and prepare my breakfast that’s if I decide to take breakfast that day (I ate breakfast today). After preparation, I take my bath and dress up. I leave home to go to work.
I also don’t have a specific time I resume work although I must be at work before 10 am at most. I get seated at my desk and start the day’s job. At work, to avoid conversion, I plug in my ear buds and start nodding to Music (Listening to music is my biggest distraction next to reading). Break is at 12:30pm and I also look forward to this as there is always so much quietness once everyone leaves for break. The minute break is over, I start my count down to when I get off work which is usually 3:00pm.
I get home, take a shower maybe and sleep with or without lunch (I am not trying to lose weight, I just don’t like eating).

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/05/31/spend-day-introverted-individual/

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by emilyone(f): 6:36pm On May 31, 2017
Interesting cheesy

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 6:50pm On Jun 01, 2017
Happy New Month everyone! Surprisingly, June brought me a friend!
My name is Bukky and nice to meet you, Bukky said while looking at me. Same here, I whispered into the air and started walking away. As I walked few steps away from her, I heard her say to my back “Well, I will check on you and we are going to be good friends”.
So here is how I met Bukky, my new friend today.
I was already late for work and I need to get call card so I went to the closest store to my house. I got closer to the store and noticed the door was locked. I called out the store owner and she told me to come inside her compound. I asked if she had call card for the particular network I use and she said yes. I was about giving her the cash when a lady came out and said oh, you are the one that lives next door and always stay indoor (She had good rhymes). In response to her statement, I gave out a shy smile.
Then the real conversation started.
Bukky: I was told someone who we work in related field lives next door and I have been trying to meet the person. I have not seen you before although I know a few people in your compound. So, I am guessing you are the person?
Me: Oh! That would be me. I rarely come out once I am in my room.
Bukky: Wait! You stay indoor all day? How is that even possible? How long have you been living in this neighborhood?

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/06/01/june-brought-friend-can-keep/

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 10:26am On Jun 03, 2017
I didn’t get much sleep last night as I was trying to get a rodent out of my room (Don’t know how the rodent got in as my door is always locked). Since I wasn’t getting any sleep, I decided to log in my Facebook account to see some updates when I was notified of my Facebook friends who are celebrating their birthdays today. I was in the shower when I remembered when a friend told me he never knew I was really the unforgiving type. Truth be told, that statement got me.

Today, June 2nd 2017, I have two friends who are celebrating their birthdays and I am not in a close relationship with them anymore. I am happy they get to celebrate today with their friends and families.
Back to my question (blog topic), I am a kind of person that build a VERY high wall around myself especially my heart when it comes to people. It is not easy to let my guard down when I meet someone new and I do appreciate it when people around me really put up a fight to see beneath my “perfect”. In as much as I give people tough time in getting to know the real me, I trust completely when I finally break down the high wall.

So sometimes back, I was heartbroken as my friends did to me what I can never do in a million years to them. I felt betrayed for days and I kept thinking if I made a mistake in letting my guard down or if the friendship was actually a mistake. After much thought, I forgave both but moving on is the hardest thing to do. I am the type of person that forgives quickly and never remembers the betrayal nor the pain but I can’t seem to trust such persons again. I don’t give them the opportunity to get closer to me again. I cut all ties with them but deep down I have forgiven them. I explained this to a friend when I was asked why I don’t have some certain contacts and he was like, no, it’s not possible to forgive and not move ahead the hurt. If I had truly forgiven as I had told him, I should not have a problem going back to the way the friendship was before the hurt and all. Well, we did argued for some minutes and he gave up the argument with this statement, I always thought you were this nice person and I had never thought you would be the unforgiving type. I NEVER KNEW YOU COULD BE THIS UNFORGIVING. I was shocked to say the least as I just ended the chat (call).

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/06/03/really-scared-just-unforgiving/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 3:26pm On Jun 05, 2017
I would have waited until the end of today to write and publish a post but I just have to get this off my chest. How will you know if you did something right? My chest is heavy right now and I don’t know if it’s because I am scared( I get scared a lot LOL) or due to guilt. I am trying to calm myself down and believe I did the right thing. I don’t even know what I am feeling, did I just get myself more enemies? Yeah, I am trying to make more friends not more enemies. I mean, this is a new month right? And June already brought me a new friend and I love it so I need more friends.

I need to stop beating around the bush (Not that I am actually in a bush), that’s a … (English scholars can help with the term). I was peacefully listening to music on my phone and just when Flashlight by Jessie J was on, someone walked up to me with a piece of paper and told me she needed my attention. I removed my ear buds and scan through the paper. After some seconds, I noticed two questions in mathematics subject was written neatly on the piece of paper and it looked like questions for students in Junior Secondary School (Class 3), that should be Grade before going to high school in other countries.

Please, can you help solve these questions? She asked as I looked up from the piece of paper.

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/06/05/how-do-i-know-if-i-did-the-right-thing/

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 6:50am On Jun 08, 2017
For some years now, I found out that I love working behind a camera. If you really want me to smile, just put me behind a camera. It gives me so much joy. I decided to post this because today, I found myself discussing with someone what I really want to do. I told him I would love to be a photojournalist. I do hope this is a general thing and not because I am an introvert. Like it has to do with passion or talent or something like that. Is it not really an introvert thing right?
Yeah, I love the camera and these are the reasons why:

WOW moment captured
1. Captures moments: There are times I laughed so hard and I do forget whatever is bothering me for some minutes. Like when I read funny stories or watch comedies. These moments are when I am really free in my soul, my heart, my mind and for some minutes, the word introvert seems like something I have never heard or come across. So if I am with a camera, I will just capture the laughs.

I would probably want to remember this too
2. Saves memories: My wallpaper is a picture of me during my final year week in college. I was all smiles and happy. The environment was serene and I was with people that made me happy. Each time I unlock my phone, I smile at the memory and wished I could go back to it. Yeah, life after college is something else. I have not taken a picture like this. I tend to focus more on being an introvert. Thanks to my smartphone camera for capturing the moment and my memory card saving it.

3. Sees inside me: Believe it or not, I do feel a camera sees inside me. This reason makes me love a camera although I feel shy in front of one.

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/06/07/is-this-an-introvert-thing/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 12:07pm On Jun 09, 2017
I woke up today feeling positive and happy because we had light(Power) all through the night. I so much hate staying in the dark but what can I do? I live in a country where light(Power) is something you hope or pray for (Although, I love my country). 8th day of June 2017 started out cool, few hours to the end of the day and here is what I did today.

I have been avoiding to clean up a little space in my room. I kept on procrastinating but today I cleaned it up and it felt good to do something. Don’t get me wrong, I love house chores although there are times I just simply ignore to do some certain things. One thing I have noticed about myself is that, when I actually make up my mind to do something, I end up doing it so beautifully that I end scold myself for ignoring the chores.

“Periods are actually known by the number(s) electron shells” I said out loud while reading a chemistry textbook. I learnt that today! I was never a fan of chemistry and funny enough, I am science graduate. I was told to assist someone with her “chemistry problems”, for me not to look “dull” I had to prepare by reading and actually understanding chemistry. I also learned how to differentiate some words I use wrongly, Someone posted “10 English words you use wrongly”. I got to know that the internet can be abused. I had always thought we were being abused by the internet and not the other way round. June is really treating me good.

Few minutes ago, I was on my messenger app when I saw that I forgot to wish you people a happy birthday. Their birthdays skipped my mind and I feel sad about it because they were and still my good friends. During the time I wanted to really be alone (pushed people away from me), they were there for me as family. So I decided to start a conversation with one of them, I sent “hi” and no response. The other person, I sent just HBD and I should have done better as my message was read and no reply (Sad face).

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/06/08/159/

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 7:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
I am not an abusive person either with words or actions. Anger is an emotion in which everyone has a little or lot of it depending on how the emotion is managed. I almost never speak during an argument because I am not careful with words when I am angry. I say these words with harmless intentions.

Oh! Where are my manners? I am so sorry I haven’t made a post here for a few days. My intentions were to post at least once a day when I started off. I was trying to design my blog and so far, I haven’t done anything visible yet. Also, when I drop my link, the blog description doesn’t come up instead my hosting description comes up and this can put off any blog visitor as they won’t know what the blog is all about. I was trying to do this and I almost deleted my blog in the process (Shocked face and Sad face).  I still haven’t “tackled” these difficulties but working on them. I am sorry once again.

Back to my post, so let’s say in a simple sentence, I am an introvert that also get angry at some things and might be provoked to say things that are hurtful. I am working on me not getting angry at all but come on, it is not possible. Some people love getting at you just to test if you were really gentle. Some are just bullies and all.

I am not an abusive person either with words or actions. Anger is an emotion in which everyone has a little or lot of it depending on how the emotion is managed. I almost never speak during an argument because I am not careful with words when I am angry. I say these words with harmless intentions.

Oh! Where are my manners? I am so sorry I haven’t made a post here for a few days. My intentions were to post at least once a day when I started off. I was trying to design my blog and so far, I haven’t done anything visible yet. Also, when I drop my link, the blog description doesn’t come up instead my hosting description comes up and this can put off any blog visitor as they won’t know what the blog is all about. I was trying to do this and I almost deleted my blog in the process (Shocked face and Sad face).  I still haven’t “tackled” these difficulties but working on them. I am sorry once again.

Back to my post, so let’s say in a simple sentence, I am an introvert that also get angry at some things and might be provoked to say things that are hurtful. I am working on me not getting angry at all but come on, it is not possible. Some people love getting at you just to test if you were really gentle. Some are just bullies and all.

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/06/13/sliding-an-argument-doesnt-mean-i-am-weak/

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 11:53am On Jun 16, 2017
I had always known myself to be a quiet person. I have being called secretive in my high school days as I am always keeping to myself. I talk less but listen more. I just love the friendship I have with myself. I never knew anything about introvert or extrovert but I just know I love being alone. While growing up, I always slept through family gatherings and parties. I thought it was due to shyness and boy, my parents thought that too.  Never have I started a conversation with my age group, this should be easy for a kid growing up as I know how friendly kids can be. I never got into trouble both in school and at home. I could play without supervision as I might not move an inch while playing. My mom as a mother always wondered why I come home alone from school unlike other kids that walk together group. She shrugged it off and tag me as a “shy kid”. I was, still and will be a brilliant individual. My “shyness” was not a problem while growing up because I was a straight “A” pupil.

Who is an introvert?

My definitions of  an introvert and an extrovert are different from what you might have known. To me,  an introvert is someone who gains energy from being with alone while an extrovert gains energy from being with people. Now that we are all know the definitions of the two words, I can tell you that I am an introvert. I am from a family where extrovert and introvert are strange words. You just have to interact with people. My mom loves going out, she basically draws her energy from being with other people. She loves attention and I love her! My dad on the other hand is also “the light of a party”. My siblings can’t stay alone unless they are with people, talking, chatting or whatever they “do” with other people. But I am different like the “black sheep” of the family, and that’s okay by me.

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/06/15/life-as-an-introvert/

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 2:31pm On Jul 15, 2017
First, I would like to welcome babies born yesterday all over the globe into this beautiful world. This post is not about babies though neither is it about the song, "yesterday lyrics", it about my experience just one yesterday with a cab passenger like myself yesterday. I do not own a car, so public transports like buses, cabs etc. are my means of transportation for either long or short distance.
So yesterday, at 12:20 hrs my time zone, I left the office because I was to travel home for the weekend. I was almost delayed by a senior colleague and the weather was kinda like playing a trick. What was the weather like yesterday? It was like it wants to rain and it could at anytime. I did not want to get home wet by the rain, I submitted the files I was working on without going through them for a final check. I do hope I don't a call and so far, I think I am fine. I had to get home to pack my clothes, toiletries and few things needed for the journey. It was more like one journey, snacks wasn't a necessity.
I got to the car pack around 13:00 hrs and luckily, I was the last passenger needed. I was smiling as I got down from a bike because I did not plan to wait at the car park. Oh, I should let you know this, the bike I rode to the car park ran low on petrol (gas) and we (the bike rider and I) had to wait to get petrol (gas) at the gas station. I settled down in front seat beside the cab driver. Normally, the front seat should be for just a passenger but since it is a commercial car in Nigeria, two passengers sits in front. I was about handing my fare when a funny looking man though cute sat down beside me. I looked at him and he just smiled.
The journey started with yesterdays weather still "looking funny" and I was thinking why I didn't check the weather report for yesterday but I was thankful I was in a car already. I prayed we shouldn't have any car accident yesterday and I shouldn't witness any, yesterday, today and tomorrow. Few minutes into the journey, I was checking a site for yesterday news headlines. I needed to be updated with the news yesterday. The man sitting beside me was also on his phone and smiling. He was searching for this phone when we were about to leave the car park. If I knew his phone was going to be a source of noise pollution on our journey, I would have wished he wouldn't see it until he gets to his final destination (Hey! Don't judge me).
1 hour journey wasn't fun or peaceful because the man beside me was playing loud music on his phone without using ear buds. Not only was the sound loud, it was also unclear. It was more like a loud a screeching of a car tyre. It was very disturbing. I couldn't make out the words of the lyrics of each song that was played. As if that wasn't enough, he started singing along. My introverted world until yesterday was challenged. I was mad but ...

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/07/15/just-one-yesterday/

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 4:06pm On Jul 16, 2017
Rain, Rain, go away. Rain is falling down here in my part of the world. I love everything about the raining season except getting my clothing and materials soaked with rain water of course. So today started out fine and still going fine. I got up quite early. I prepared for church service and by 06:40 hours, I was out of the house and en route to my church premises. I got to church at 07:05 hours. There was just one car inside the church compound, guessed I was the early bird today.

My church is quite a big one, it is a massive duplex building made up of three floors. I made my way up to the last floor which is also the third floor because no one loves staying there and people rarely go there. I do love staying there. I am introverted even among my church congregation. I picked up a chair and sat down quietly although I knew I wasn't going to disturb anyone if I had sat down loudly.

After few minutes, I heard people exchanging pleasantries on the second floor which serves as the main church auditorium and I went closer to the rail so I could get a look at them. (Laughs and scream) "My dear sister, how are you?" said one of the ushers to a lady walking into the auditorium. 'Oh, we bless God", My dear sister replied. By now people have started coming in as the church service starts by 07:00 hours. "You look good! I did not see you last Sunday or the one before that", a man said to his friend as they walked to get seated. I was out of town, he replied. "I hope your journey was a good one?" He asked another question. It was fine, his friend replied back. This is kind of conversations is what you will hear before the service starts or after the church service. Church-goers (Christians, real christians) tends to look after each other. It is a good thing! And I am not a sadist if you are thinking that now. People still exchange pleasantries with me too! And I just smile and reply with "fine" to all questions. I don't ask questions. Not because I am not a Christian but because I am ...

The two and the half hours I spent in the presence of the Lord was good. Great, I meant to type. The preacher preached on "Generational leader". I learnt a few new things about who a leader is and how a leader should act. During the course of the sermon, I was joined in my private space by a group of vibrant teenagers. We have teenagers and we also have the vibrant ones. They were laughing and looking through the social media accounts like pointing to each other. There was a selfie and groupie session too! Teens!

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/07/16/today-is-sunday/

2 Likes

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by gidjah(m): 5:16pm On Jul 16, 2017
great efforts dear introvert, you doing well, coming from the some introverted community like you makes me to wanna agree more with you on all this posts.You kinda describe me in most of the narratives, good work.

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 7:01pm On Jul 17, 2017
gidjah:
great efforts dear introvert, you doing well, coming from the some introverted community like you makes me to wanna agree more with you on all this posts.You kinda describe me in most of the narratives, good work.
Thanks for reading through.
Sure we are not twin?

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 7:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
I looked through the window of my office and saw the rain had started to fall. I could remember I wanted to wash few clothes this morning before I left for work but I wasted my time thinking like a weather reporter. "Is it supposed to rain today?" I had asked myself. My precious self did not give an answer and I left home. I met my neighbor spreading her washed clothes on the line. "Is it going to rain today?" I said myself again and well, darling me did not provide an answer still. Can I blame me? I did not study geography or any weather forecasting course while college. Well, we have a new kid on the block and by that, I meant my company employed a new staff today.

I wasn't supposed to get this soaked with the rain. I meant judging by the drop of the rain through my window before I left the office, my clothes shouldn't be this dripping. I thought I got this but I did not. And not only did I get my clothes wet, I got my precious blue shoes wet also. I left the office premises alonr today as I do always but today, everyone was getting thinking if they should stay back for a while maybe the rain might stop soon. I know they were all trying to hang out with the new colleague (the new kid on the block).

My employer decided to give express employment. She employed a female staff today to join the team. It is good though, with the rate of unemployed youths in this country. The pay is not high. You can't save from it. I got to the office and my supervisor was explaining some things to the new staff. Everyone was smiling. I settled down on my seat immediately because I've got some things to do. I was meant to say hi but she was busy with other colleagues and crowd is not my thing.

I missed a call from a friend while I was away from my phone. I always miss calls. I decided to call home before calling my friend back. Left with little calling card on my phone, I called my friend and her number was switched off. I was free of tasks for some minutes and was on my phone. I am always on my phone. The new colleague came in and just over look me at my seat. I had wanted to open my mouth first but she just snubbed me. It felt like she was told something about me. I felt so bad but brushed it off. I don't get along with other colleagues because I am always on my own. I answer questions directly pointed at me. I don't cross my line. I don't go to other offices to gist. I have never felt so left out as I did feel today.

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/07/17/new-kid-on-the-block/

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by gidjah(m): 8:50pm On Jul 17, 2017
NaijaIntrovert:
Thanks for reading through.
Sure we are not twin?
hmmmm nope, don't think so, though we share most of those qualities , I don't do get together things,(weddings etc.) in fact never sure i have attended any till date! Abeg no judge me on this o! that's just me not wanting anything to do with crowds.But I am getting better now, (into clergy things .....) so lots of responsibilities come on me daily if u get my digs.once again , I am proud of your compilations , great efforts dear.

2 Likes

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 2:57pm On Jul 18, 2017
gidjah:
hmmmm nope, don't think so, though we share most of those qualities , I don't do get together things,(weddings etc.) in fact never sure i have attended any till date! Abeg no judge me on this o! that's just me not wanting anything to do with crowds.But I am getting better now, (into clergy things .....) so lots of responsibilities come on me daily if u get my digs.once again , I am proud of your compilations , great efforts dear.
Judge you? Never!
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 2:59pm On Jul 18, 2017
Sighing as I read through a tweet. The tweet was "How can I un-know people?". I wished I had a reply to that. Anyways, that's not what I want to share today. Today's blog post is not even related to the tweet. Today, I had a lazy day. It is the first of many lazy days to come. I am still on my bed typing this. Although I have had my bath, I have not stepped a foot outside of my room. I am still in my pajamas. I am with a blanket. If I knew lazy days were this refreshing and peaceful, I would have had one since. Thanks for today's rain.

How did I end up with being lazy for today? So, I woke up around 07:20 hours because I slept around 02:00 hours. That's like 5 hours of sleep. I had planned to go to sleep early but that plan did not work out. I have less than 40 minutes to be at work and I have not even had my bath! While I was still thinking of what to do first, the rain started pouring. Did mother earth wants me to not go to work today? (I smiled while thinking) because if she did, who am I to question her? By 07:35 hours, as a very obedient individual, I had to listen to mother earth. Today is going to be a lazy day! Whoa!

You have a start a lazy day being lazy. So, I was just on my bed, going through my social media accounts notifications. Should I make a list of what to do today? No, doing nothing with yourself is the best. I might end up sleeping again. I took my bath. The best thing about a lazy day is breakfast in bed. I can have my own bed and breakfast business in my room.

If you are thinking I had a healthy breakfast, well you are absolutely RIGHT! Though I can't tell you what I ate. After breakfast, I adjusted my bed sets for me to be more comfortable. I have to make the most of the lazy day. Good thing, I have an adjustable bed. Once I got settled, I decided to see some "before I go to sleep" movies. The notebook always make me sleepy. I can't tell the time I fell asleep but a call woke up at around 11:20 hours. The rain was still pouring. I answered the call and the caller could tell I was asleep. Good enough ...

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/07/18/how-i-spent-my-lazy-day/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 7:27am On Aug 13, 2017
NaijaIntrovert:
Rain, Rain, go away. Rain is falling down here in my part of the world. I love everything about the raining season except getting my clothing and materials soaked with rain water of course. So today started out fine and still going fine. I got up quite early. I prepared for church service and by 06:40 hours, I was out of the house and en route to my church premises. I got to church at 07:05 hours. There was just one car inside the church compound, guessed I was the early bird today.

My church is quite a big one, it is a massive duplex building made up of three floors. I made my way up to the last floor which is also the third floor because no one loves staying there and people rarely go there. I do love staying there. I am introverted even among my church congregation. I picked up a chair and sat down quietly although I knew I wasn't going to disturb anyone if I had sat down loudly.

After few minutes, I heard people exchanging pleasantries on the second floor which serves as the main church auditorium and I went closer to the rail so I could get a look at them. (Laughs and scream) "My dear sister, how are you?" said one of the ushers to a lady walking into the auditorium. 'Oh, we bless God", My dear sister replied. By now people have started coming in as the church service starts by 07:00 hours. "You look good! I did not see you last Sunday or the one before that", a man said to his friend as they walked to get seated. I was out of town, he replied. "I hope your journey was a good one?" He asked another question. It was fine, his friend replied back. This is kind of conversations is what you will hear before the service starts or after the church service. Church-goers (Christians, real christians) tends to look after each other. It is a good thing! And I am not a sadist if you are thinking that now. People still exchange pleasantries with me too! And I just smile and reply with "fine" to all questions. I don't ask questions. Not because I am not a Christian but because I am ...

The two and the half hours I spent in the presence of the Lord was good. Great, I meant to type. The preacher preached on "Generational leader". I learnt a few new things about who a leader is and how a leader should act. During the course of the sermon, I was joined in my private space by a group of vibrant teenagers. We have teenagers and we also have the vibrant ones. They were laughing and looking through the social media accounts like pointing to each other. There was a selfie and groupie session too! Teens!

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/07/16/today-is-sunday/
Re: An Introverted Nigerian by Mofpearl: 8:28am On Aug 13, 2017
Enjoyed reading. Can actually relate to some post. I love my lazy days... nothing beats that feeling!.

I was thinking about cutting people out my life after forgiving them. I don't think it unforgiving to cut people out of your life. To me, it's about placing peiple where they deserve to be placed. If you have earned my trust and respect and I care about you- I will treat you with restpect, love etc. But if you prove to me that you don't deserve it, even if I forgive, I wouldn't see you the same. That place that you had in my heart is no longer going to be the same.

I totally relate to building walls around your heart. To me its a defense mechanisms. However, I find that I don't really open up even if I trust people. I may open up sometimes but I don't fully open up. I think it may be my dislike for vulnerability and asking for help.

You seem to have a conscientious personality. This is the C personality from the DISC. Do you happen to be sub assertive as well?

4 Likes

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 8:59pm On Aug 15, 2017
Mofpearl:
Enjoyed reading. Can actually relate to some post. I love my lazy days... nothing beats that feeling!.

I was thinking about cutting people out my life after forgiving them. I don't think it unforgiving to cut people out of your life. To me, it's about placing peiple where they deserve to be placed. If you have earned my trust and respect and I care about you- I will treat you with restpect, love etc. But if you prove to me that you don't deserve it, even if I forgive, I wouldn't see you the same. That place that you had in my heart is no longer going to be the same.

I totally relate to building walls around your heart. To me its a defense mechanisms. However, I find that I don't really open up even if I trust people. I may open up sometimes but I don't fully open up. I think it may be my dislike for vulnerability and asking for help.

You seem to have a conscientious personality. This is the C personality from the DISC. Do you happen to be sub assertive as well?
you are my long lost brother.
I can see so many similarities in your write-up.

I have once heard that total forgiveness means ability to forget and move ahead of the hurt.

Defense mechanism? Yes, Once I let down my guard, one have found the best of friends. Also heard, if one keep talking about not trusting anyone, the person is not totally broken. The person is one with the problem. I keep saying my friends do this and that, I can't trust anyone again. Why can't I be understood? And all.

Assertive? Maybe. Well, I once read about my horoscope. a long time ago and I had to stop believing in it.

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 9:03pm On Aug 15, 2017
I have published Life as an introvert some weeks back but I never really mention my workplace. In a sentence, I am an introvert in an extrovert workplace. I work with beautiful people around me although I seem to be the only introvert in my workplace and as such I have encountered few problems with my colleagues both senior ones and junior ones

My workplace is a setting for an extrovert:

My workplace is located in another state not far from my state of residency. It takes me approximately 2 hours to get to my workplace if I go home for the weekend. It is a beautiful company. A two storey building painted white and blue. I is located at the end of a street. Time of resumption is usually 8am (Nigerian time) and I try as much as possible to resume on time. By the time I get to the entrance gate, I will see some my senior colleagues outside having a discussion about the previous day. They do this every morning and everyone always have something to say. As an introvert, I smile and greet them while I walk pass them to go my office. If I was an extrovert, I would have joined in the normal "morning ritual" but nah.

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/08/15/i-am-an-introvert-in-an-extrovert-workplace/

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 9:07pm On Aug 15, 2017
There is a tremendous difference between alone and lonely. You could be lonely in a group of people. I like being alone. I like eating by myself. I go home at night and just watch a movie or hang out with my dog. I have to exert myself and really say, oh God, I’ve got to see my friends because I’m too content by myself.” ~ Drew Barrymore. Quote for the day was gotten from Introvert spring

Quote of the day

The quotes focus on two keywords which are, alone and lonely. There is a big difference between the two words. Extroverts who love crowds can even be lonely in a crowd. There are days introverts feel lonely too but every other day, they are not lonely. The main thing it is I draw my energy from being alone (Note: Alone - By myself and not Lonely - have no one). I have friends and families, Colleagues and business partners but still by myself because I need to fuel up. The quote says it all for all introverts.

Today is a beautiful day and I am not lonely.

If everyday, introverts have this quote at the back of their minds when starting a day, introverts will rarely go into depression. You start a day feeling alone but never lonely. You need to be alone in your office to work more and focus more but you are not a lonely colleague or a lonely friend ...

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/08/15/quote-of-the-day-for-today/

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2017
Another beautiful weekend. Well, this weekend is not different from every other weekends I have experienced. Just that I feel kinda glad this weekend, I saved money this weekend.

How the weekend started

I had planned yesternight after the day's work to download two movies. I am an anime lover and so I surfed the net for anime download site. After successful download of two anime movies, I decided to download alarm sound.

I woke up exactly 7:00am and started the day how I do start every other day. Tablet and Phone were charged enough to last me through the day. The screen bright on my android home screen was set to very dim. I needed to conserve my phone batter life. Today, I was going to be me.
I saved money this weekend, I saved 10k!

"We have decided to reduce the transport fare", Mrs. E said

"I will try to attend", Mrs. M replied

With my tablet on my laptop, I was kinda eavesdropping on the conversation between Mrs. E and Mrs. M. They were talking about the wedding ceremony of Mrs. E's niece.

The wedding ceremony was today at Mrs. E's hometown with which the minimum amount one will likely spend to attend is 10K. 10k! In this Buharis' regime? I think I will pass. I was not informed about the wedding because Mrs. E knew I wouldn't attend. Why? I am an introvert who is not comfortable in a crowd. Introversion had saved me a few bucks today.

Mrs. M on the other hand works for no one. She is her own CEO. Despite this, she did not have 10k but she loves parties and all that comes with "going out". Let's call her, an extrovert! She had to borrow 10k just to attend a party! Now, don't get me wrong here, I am not saying I am better at saving because I did not attend nor am I insinuating that extroverts can do anything just to be out ...

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/08/19/how-i-saved-money-this-weekend/

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 1:37pm On Aug 22, 2017
I am both shy and introverted. Yeah, I know I am supposed to have just one of the two traits.

http://naijaintrovert.com

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 12:52pm On Aug 24, 2017
Criss Jami said and I quote, "Telling an introvert to go to a party is like telling a saint to go to hell".

How true is this?

I tried a like in telling a story about a saint, turns out I am not a good storyteller. Well, I just though I should try.

An introvert? A saint? I don't get: I am saying an introvert is a saint neither am I saying that a saint is introverted. Well, we can have introverted saints though.

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/08/24/an-introvert-at-a-party-introverts-and-parties/

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 1:11pm On Sep 08, 2017
As an introvert, I am doing things that are unhealthy for me. House arrest? Me? Why am I doing this? 

I am not a prisoner, why do I treat myself as one?

I am not even sick with diseases that keeps me from going out but I am indoor.

Today is Friday, 8th day of September, 2017. I have being indoor for the past few days.

Well, since when on Monday though. I went out on Wednesday for a meeting.

Last night while I was in the bathroom, I started thinking of this "bad" act I have.

I will do end up with this, "I am an introvert after all. This is okay."

It is not okay. It is not even 10% okay at all.

Being an introvert doesn't mean I should act like a prisoner in my house. It is a bad thing.

House arrest? Why am I doing this to me?

Just thinking about people who are in prison, they would want freedom if given an opportunity to choose.

So, why am I acting like I want to be them?

Irrespective of what crimes they might have committed, they would love to have freedom.

I have that freedom but I am not using it.

Why? I am an introvert.

No! No! And No!

I am not a prisoner. I shouldn't be on house arrest.

No one is stopping me from going out. The sky is blue and beautiful, why am I indoor?

Last I checked, you don't even have to pay to step out of your house.

But here I am, in my house with no sign of contact with things around me.

I keep asking myself, why I am doing this?

One can have quiet time in the park. Even on a bus!

I don't have to draw energy by being indoor all day.

This is unhealthy! Very unhealthy and it got to stop!

I am not one of the people who are on house arrest.

I am not one of these people:

People in prison: No, I have my freedom. I should use my freedom. There are movies showing in cinemas I see. I can even learn a new skill. My meals are dictated by me. Why as like a prisoner? Do I not know they want to be free too?

Some Sick people: No, I am very healthy ...

http://naijaintrovert.com/2017/09/08/house-arrest-why-am-i-doing-this/

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by Nancy2016: 3:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
Great thread @ OP. I read through all your posts and I can relate to every emotion and attitude. Growing up people didn't understand me and they still don't. As an adult I am happy that I do not see myself as strange but do understand my idiosyncrasies. I do not make apologies for the way I am and if people can't accept me for who I am, then they are not meant to be part of my life. I am definitely following this thread and I hope you will update on a regular basis. Also if you are interested, there are Facebook groups that are made up of introverts. It is lovely interacting with like-minded people. You don't have to be an active participant but you can always read up on other people's experiences.

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by maclatunji: 6:29pm On Sep 08, 2017
Are you sure you are not going to wear this 'I am an introvert' theme out?

I am an introvert too but it could be boring to read, listen to or be around someone whose sole topic of discussion almost every time is 'I am an introvert'.

Nice you are blogging though.

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 8:19am On Oct 01, 2017
maclatunji:
Are you sure you are not going to wear this 'I am an introvert' theme out?

I am an introvert too but it could be boring to read, listen to or be around someone whose sole topic of discussion almost every time is 'I am an introvert'.

Nice you are blogging though.
Oh, thanks. I don't want to wear the theme out. *sad face*

1 Like

Re: An Introverted Nigerian by NaijaIntrovert: 8:20am On Oct 01, 2017
Nancy2016:
Great thread @ OP. I read through all your posts and I can relate to every emotion and attitude. Growing up people didn't understand me and they still don't. As an adult I am happy that I do not see myself as strange but do understand my idiosyncrasies. I do not make apologies for the way I am and if people can't accept me for who I am, then they are not meant to be part of my life. I am definitely following this thread and I hope you will update on a regular basis. Also if you are interested, there are Facebook groups that are made up of introverts. It is lovely interacting with like-minded people. You don't have to be an active participant but you can always read up on other people's experiences.
Thank you for the suggestion. I will search out some groups. Although the ones I have come across looks depressing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Is Now Living And I Care Life, She Hardly Come Home. What Can I Do? / Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) / Must A Successful Woman Be Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.