Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,056 members, 7,814,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? (3801 Views)

I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. / Just Bought A Used Car? What Next? / Now, You've Gotten A Hybrid Car. What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by tutuwater(m): 12:36pm On May 29, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7UTdHPCj3s
1. My Car smokes when starting cold what should I check?
2. When Idling my car's tachometer fluctuates up and down. When starting cold it can suddenly be high or low. When driving once the car is in neutral the tachometer fluctuates what should I check.
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by honmusa(m): 1:36pm On May 29, 2017
where is your location
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by tutuwater(m): 3:39pm On May 29, 2017
Sango Ota, please kindly tell me, what should I check.
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by honmusa(m): 4:45pm On May 29, 2017
autologic @gbagada call 08061166316 to book appointment
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by tutuwater(m): 6:26pm On May 29, 2017
Huh OK. Can someone please tell me possible things that I can have checked.
I don't think driving the car to ogba or gbagada is the way to learn about my car.

1 Like

Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by tutuwater(m): 7:59pm On May 31, 2017
Please, help a brother. what are the possible causes of that kind of white cold morning smoke.
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by mayor2013: 9:10pm On May 31, 2017
What colour of smoke and what car is this?
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by Emekayoung(m): 3:45am On Jun 01, 2017
tutuwater:
Sango Ota, please kindly tell me what I can have checked.
Tell me wat i can have checked. Wat sort of English is dat?

1 Like

Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by chukel(m): 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2017
honmusa:
autologic @gbagada call 08061166316 to book appointment
that's the difference between you guys and gazzuzz and that's also why he is well patronised. You guys will never help or guide someone. You will always want to drag him to you shop.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by chukel(m): 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2017
tutuwater:
Huh OK. Can someone please tell me possible things that I can have checked.
I don't think driving the car to ogba or gbagada is the way to learn about my car.
you have to tell us the make of your car, model and year. The color of the smoke. If it is worse on cold mornings or not. If it clears after sometime. you will need a scanner. Depending on the car Make and year, u may have a bad idle control valve, may need to clean your throttle body, may be your Maf. So give us necessary info.
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by tutuwater(m): 3:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
Car: Toyota Avensis 2005. Manual drive.
Smoke only when engine is cold.
Smoke is probably white. I uploaded the video to show the color.
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by mayor2013: 11:00pm On Jun 01, 2017
Any overheating issue previously. Does the smoke stop after cold start? Does it continue after cold start? Is the smoke just pure white or have a bit of blue color with it
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by tutuwater(m): 8:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
No overheating issue at all. It used to leak coolant before. But that has reduced now.
After cold start the smoke stops.
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by erico2k2(m): 11:58am On Jun 03, 2017
tutuwater:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7UTdHPCj3s
1. My Car smokes when starting cold what should I check?
2. When Idling my car's tachometer fluctuates up and down. When starting cold it can suddenly be high or low. When driving once the car is in neutral the tachometer fluctuates what should I check.
have you ever serviced or cleaned your throttle body?
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by tutuwater(m): 4:29pm On Jun 03, 2017
I have not serviced or cleaned throttle body before ooh.
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by erico2k2(m): 5:30pm On Jun 03, 2017
tutuwater:
I have not serviced or cleaned throttle body before ooh.
MayB you should start from there as its almost free and easy, to know how check youtube for your make and model and see how its done, go and buy a spirit to do this.
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by mayor2013: 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2017
tutuwater:
No overheating issue at all. It used to leak coolant before. But that has reduced now.
After cold start the smoke stops.

Explain further where the leak comes out from
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by tutuwater(m): 4:58am On Jun 04, 2017
The leak comes out from an opening on top of the radiator. Then kazeem glued the opening shot.
mayor2013:

Explain further where the leak comes out from
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by mayor2013: 7:33am On Jun 04, 2017
What colour is the smoke? You need to be specific. If blue and comes out only in the morning and stops after some few seconds then we looking at a bad valve stem seal .if white then we looking at perhaps an overheating issue which led to a cracked cylinder head. So be much more specific so as to guide you accordingly

1 Like

Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by tutuwater(m): 9:33am On Jun 04, 2017
mayor2013:
What colour is the smoke? You need to be specific. If blue and comes out only in the morning and stops after some few seconds then we looking at a bad valve stem seal .if white then we looking at perhaps an overheating issue which led to a cracked cylinder head. So be much more specific so as to guide you accordingly

Thanks a lot Bro you have been of tremendous help. I can't place the color of th smoke may be I can make another video of the smoke and upload.
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by mayor2013: 10:32am On Jun 04, 2017
tutuwater:

Thanks a lot Bro you have been of tremendous help. I can't place the color of th smoke may be I can make another video of the smoke and upload.

Smoke can be only in 3 colours. White, black and whitish blue
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by tutuwater(m): 11:18am On Jun 04, 2017
mayor2013:

On second check I think it is a whitish blue smoke. But it stops when the car is fully warm.
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by mayor2013: 11:23am On Jun 04, 2017
tutuwater:

On second check I think it is a whitish blue smoke. But it stops when the car is fully warm.

Valve stem seal is worn out. If smoke is continous get ready for another engine
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by tutuwater(m): 12:26pm On Jun 04, 2017
mayor2013:

Valve stem seal is worn out. If smoke is continous get ready for another engine
I noticed once that the plugs were soaked in engine oil. Can the worn out valve stem seal be the cause for this too.
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by mayor2013: 1:00pm On Jun 04, 2017
Have a professional inspect your car
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by tutuwater(m): 1:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
No, I am not going to give a professional. I am going to give the car to a Kazeem.
Thanks very much for your help. It was much appreciated.
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by mayor2013: 1:35pm On Jun 04, 2017
tutuwater:
No, I am not going to give a professional. I am going to give the car to a Kazeem.
Thanks very much for your help. It was much appreciated.

All fine wink
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by chukel(m): 2:22pm On Jun 04, 2017
mayor2013:

u failed to mention steam which is normal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by chukel(m): 2:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
tutuwater:

I noticed once that the plugs were soaked in engine oil. Can the worn out valve stem seal be the cause for this too.
is ur engine leaking oil visibly? If yes, check ur valve cover gasket or seal.
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by erico2k2(m): 3:08pm On Jun 04, 2017
tutuwater:

If you got soaked plugs you might need to check your rocker cover gasket
Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by honmusa(m): 3:49pm On Jun 04, 2017
mayor2013:
Have a professional inspect your car
It no use beating a horse .Anybody that feels education(professional) is expensive ,let him try ignorance(kazeeem) that will send him back to village.

1 Like

Re: Smoke Exhaust From My Car? What Should I Check? by empron(m): 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2017
chukel:
that's the difference between you guys and gazzuzz and that's also why he is well patronised. You guys will never help or guide someone. You will always want to drag him to you shop.
Bravo bro,

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Beautiful, Fully Loaded And Affordable Cars For 2013 / Where in Lagos Can I Remove This Dent On My Car / Car Manufactured And Made In Nigeria Nnewi, Anambra State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.