Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) (15009 Views)

Enyinnaya Abaribe Asked Buhari To Resign As President (Video) / N-power Build Launch By Osinbajo (see Photos) / IGP: Bukola Saraki Steps Down From His Chair As Senate President (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by Realdeals(m): 1:32pm On May 29, 2017
Democracy Day Speech by His Excellency, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, San, the Acting President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria, Commemorating The Second Anniversary Of The Muhammadu Buhari Administration, May 29, 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRaJ8A1S0sk

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by Nigeriadondie: 1:56pm On May 29, 2017
tongue First time to be the first to comment on Nairaland.
Osibanjo nothing to celebrate for the common man on d street. If u do ur part at d federal level and it is not complemented by state governors with monthly allocation, bailout funds, internally genrated funds, security votes then it is nonsense.
U promised to fight corruption yet not a single prosecution, all the monies recovered where owned by ghosts. There has been no reduction in the cost of governance at all levels. The national assembly have been chopping constituency allowances with no projects to show except to buy fleet of exotic cars to flaunt like Dino.
Osibaba no hope ooo. All this una talk for Democracy or Independence day na usual yarn wey we do tire to hear.
What we want is together with d APC led national assembly are as follow:
1. Let the national assembly make corruption a death sentence. China is doing it and we can see where China is now.
2. Cut down d size and cost of governance.
To this effect we want a unicamaral legislature with far less pay. So many rich countries have far lower paid legislature.
http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2013/07/daily-chart-12
The US with a landmass of 9,147,590 sq km and 6 time zones has a mere 50 states each with 2 senators per state a total of 100 senators while Nigeria with just 923,768 sq km and 1 time zone has 36 states and 3 senators per state making it a total of 108 senators.
3. Abolish constituency allowance cos it is never the constitutional duty of national assembly to finance projects. It is an anomaly
4. Remove security votes for governors it is a sheer waste of resources.
5. Reduce the number of states to 6 states cos 36 states each with their state houses of assembly is aa colossal waste.
6. Revamp Ajaokuta steel complex and other steel mills like Aladja in Delta, Osun state.
7. Build new refineries from d scratch.
8. Revamp agriculture and mechanize it
9. Develop robust social security system to cater for d unemployed, aged, disabled as it is in advanced countries. It is possible afterall all the billions and trillions hidden in peoples home can finance it rather than for it to be in the hands of a few widening gaps between rich and poor. It is very possible and workable.
10. Education should be well funded and aimed at being self reliant technologically. Hence there should be close synergy between universities, polytechnics and research institutes. The Iranians under years of Western sanction did it so d Indians are success stories.
11. Revamp the power sector
12.Or we divide peacefully. USSR did it peacefully, Norway and Sweden did so peacefully, Czechoslovakia into the Czech Rep and Slovakia did same. So no point deceiving ourselves in a marriage of strange bed fellows.
Best wishes to all.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by sukkot: 1:57pm On May 29, 2017
cheesy ipad will not like this thread oooooo. afonja reppin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by Edopesin: 1:57pm On May 29, 2017
After Watching it I gained #10000

in my dreams

1 Like

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by Aburi001: 1:57pm On May 29, 2017
I just love this man called Osibaba for one thing...HUMILITY.

He refused to sit down on Buhari''s seat throughout the broadcast. Put Fayose or Wike on the post for few hours and expect endless dramas grin

Only Buharis picture was hanged and he never praised himself in anyway or form in anyway.

People like Wike, Fayose, FFK etc need to learn from our former "Ordinary Commissioner" according to Saraki.

God bless Nigeria!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by kaycyor: 1:57pm On May 29, 2017
Osinbajo for president 2019

13 Likes

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by oluphilip2008(f): 1:57pm On May 29, 2017
Even though I despise APC and all that they stand for, I cannot but love this man, with him in the saddle, there is a ray of hope. BTW, happy democracy day to ex-president Muhammadu Buhari.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by dexterinc2003: 1:58pm On May 29, 2017
Spreading my mat and patiently waiting for the invasion of the Freedom beggars vs unity beggars. grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by badthinds: 1:58pm On May 29, 2017
Do you think everybody have data like you for democeaZy day ...youtube for that matter...

11 Likes

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by mikeycharles(m): 1:58pm On May 29, 2017
Osinbajo for president, immediately after Buhari finishes his regime in 2023.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by kingvectorv(m): 1:58pm On May 29, 2017
Hmm.. Our one and only afonja presido
SURE FOOTBALL PREDICTIONS
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by Franzinni: 1:58pm On May 29, 2017
grin angry
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by Toosure70: 1:58pm On May 29, 2017
powerful
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by mooregan(m): 1:58pm On May 29, 2017
I don't like this government, but I love this man.

10 Likes

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 29, 2017
Impressive
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by magoo10(m): 1:58pm On May 29, 2017
Watch what rubbish
with my mb?
APC has failed they are lucky Nigerians have not started stoning them.

19 Likes

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by Realdeals(m): 1:59pm On May 29, 2017
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by FlamesD: 1:59pm On May 29, 2017
APC stop killing private businesses via political vendetta. They should fellow the rule of law in the court trial of Ifeanye Uba and stop disobeying court orders.

3 Likes

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by mikeycharles(m): 1:59pm On May 29, 2017
Edopesin:
Why is he standing like a poor man
undecided
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by c4tnoelz: 2:00pm On May 29, 2017
the chosen one, may God Almighty be with you and bless you with the wisdom of Joseph and king Solomon. Amen

7 Likes

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by mikeycharles(m): 2:00pm On May 29, 2017
sukkot:
cheesy ipad will not like this thread oooooo. afonja reppin
even the Androids too grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by fratermathy(m): 2:00pm On May 29, 2017
Please give us Federal Republic of Urhoboland or at the very least, an Urhobo State with resource control. That is all we ask for this democracy day.

The movement has begun slowly and will soon materialise. Urhobo nationalism is rising!! Oghene willing, awanren kan tetinyin (we will get there).
Give us resource control, give us true federalism. If you can't, grant us our own nation: Federal Republic of Urhoboland!

3 Likes

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by ivolt: 2:01pm On May 29, 2017
okay.
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by Horlawoomey(m): 2:03pm On May 29, 2017
The man is a good Orator

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by Iamwrath: 2:05pm On May 29, 2017
Carry On Osibanjo

Buhari is not here and the world has not ended , i can even see several anti-Buhari cretins peeping and disappearing , while i would rather prefer to have Buhari at least on seat , but i guess God has plans for everything and everyone

Osinbanjo is a product of Jagaban's brilliant selection process and he has come to stay , Haters can die

Ko kan Aiye

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by adioolayi(m): 2:05pm On May 29, 2017
I love the way he delivered the speech with confidence and excellent eloquence......Nigeria will be great.
God bless Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by chiefolododo(m): 2:07pm On May 29, 2017
Control R
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by hucienda: 2:08pm On May 29, 2017
Scarcely anything to trumpet as achievement in the past two years.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayemi's Aide, Victor Kolade Using IGP Special Unit For Land Grabbing In Lagos / Buhari Wasn’t Prepared For Governance – Hakeem Baba-ahmed / Obanikoro To Court: We Airlifted N1.2b For Fayose's Election In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.