Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) (15023 Views)

Enyinnaya Abaribe Asked Buhari To Resign As President (Video) / N-power Build Launch By Osinbajo (see Photos) / IGP: Bukola Saraki Steps Down From His Chair As Senate President (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by wristbangle: 2:10pm On May 29, 2017
Impressive speech but the country needs urgent short measures that will check mate the high rate of inflation.

Nice one acting president cool
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by ishua(m): 2:13pm On May 29, 2017
Orator
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by Tonymegabush1(m): 2:15pm On May 29, 2017
Listened to VP speech during social initiative program he made a lot of sense while on channelTV but turning to Oda station to listen 2 other state democracy day speech they ave all turn it to party campaign tin instead of wot the government is doing as regards it's policy and the way forward even some came with their brooms just imagine we celebrate a lot of mediocre in this country..... I wish to download the Vp speech he is spot on.... Ride on Mr Vp

1 Like

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by Newbiee: 2:20pm On May 29, 2017
A heart warming speech by my able acting president. Buhari has indeed has a loyal, committed and befitting vice president. May God keep this amiable team beyond 2019 and grant our dear President full recovery to continue with the good work they have started.
God bless PMB
God bless PYO
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by lloyds(m): 2:21pm On May 29, 2017
Very intelligent, sound and also Godly man. I don't think I have ever any Nigerian President speaking facts from his head like this, without reading.
Nigeria needs a leader like this man.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by Fungbadia: 2:24pm On May 29, 2017
[quote author=Realdeals post=56988544]Democracy Day Speech by His Excellency, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, San, the Acting President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria, Commemorating The Second Anniversary Of The Muhammadu Buhari Administration, May 29, 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRaJ8A1S0sk

All noted...
God will help us.
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by Generalyemi(m): 2:30pm On May 29, 2017
sukkot:
cheesy ipad will not like this thread oooooo. afonja reppin

he is making mockery of himself
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by Sirheny007(m): 2:32pm On May 29, 2017
Aburi001:
I just love this man called Osibaba for one thing...HUMILITY.

He refused to sit down on Buhari''s seat throughout the broadcast. Put Fayose or Wike on the post for few hours and expect endless dramas grin

Only Buharis picture was hanged and he never praised himself in anyway or form in anyway.

People like Wike, Fayose, FFK etc need to learn from our former "Ordinary Commissioner" according to Saraki.

God bless Nigeria!

Sharap!!
His 'humility' is only to please the North..
which is all he ever does..
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by LexngtonSteele: 2:37pm On May 29, 2017
Ipob would cry seeing this.
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by tuniski: 2:41pm On May 29, 2017
Aburi001:
I just love this man called Osibaba for one thing...HUMILITY.

He refused to sit down on Buhari''s seat throughout the broadcast. Put Fayose or Wike on the post for few hours and expect endless dramas grin

Only Buharis picture was hanged and he never praised himself in anyway or form in anyway.

People like Wike, Fayose, FFK etc need to learn from our former "Ordinary Commissioner" according to Saraki.

God bless Nigeria!

Buhari this buhari that abeg allow osinbajo his time on air to shine. Buhari is a distraction.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 29, 2017
Nigeria government/politicians should go and sit down.

They are all stealing from public treasury/accounts. No single functional hospital to write home about, no power/electricity to do businesses in Nigeria, nothing is working in Nigeria. The only thing Nigeria government good at, is stealing and money laundering to other countries.

Nigeria leaders have been using public funds for medical treatments in London and other countries, abandoning their country sectors to rots.

@57 independences, Nigeria government cannot point at any completed project/reasonable laws and policies or economy.

The whole world knows that, only in Nigeria, do politicians with no fields experience would be appointed into ministries they know nothing about ended up stealing funds meant for projects or to building infrastructures.

I challenge Nigeria government/politicians to show the world what they have manufactured since they gotten independence in 1960.

Policy zero 0%.

Nigeria government only good at lying to electorates. Nothing to show with what they used budgets for since they gotten independences. President of Nigeria Muhammadu Buhari cannot even fix his country medical facilities, yet, he's shamelessly in Britain/London hospital for treatment.

Shame on Nigeria lawmakers/senate and House of Representatives.

We Are Tired Of Being Lied To By Nigeria government and Politicians.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by michoim(m): 2:53pm On May 29, 2017
adioolayi:
I love the way he delivered the speech with confidence and excellent eloquence......Nigeria will be great.
God bless Nigeria

Yeah!
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by ooshinibos: 2:58pm On May 29, 2017
ChinonsoDike2:
Blacks do not understand the true meaning of democracy. This is why it has failed in all black countries. The west had very real reasons for creating the concept of a republic; blacks just copied a concept they didn't understand .

Blacks have lower IQs than other groups. The black race is a toilet race. Hated every where, despised everywhere.
I disagree but I cannot prove you wrong since the democracy results in Nigeria is an embarrassment to the black race

1 Like

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by ikorodureporta: 3:09pm On May 29, 2017
If na me be this man, i no go even bother to contest for presidency...
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 29, 2017
English. Go to the streets and ask people how good this government is

1 Like

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by Josh121(m): 4:08pm On May 29, 2017
Sirheny007:

Sharap!!
His 'humility' is only to please the North..
which is all he ever does..
This is what is killing the Nigerian dream regionalism. Grow up

1 Like

Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by LordIsaac(m): 5:06pm On May 29, 2017
Well articulated...if only diction can change our plight!
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by cole265(m): 9:22pm On May 29, 2017
smooth talker. May be Bola Ige can rival him in eloquence
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by Henesi2010(m): 9:47pm On May 29, 2017
Failed APC Gvt
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by RosaConsidine: 9:49pm On May 29, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
tongue First time to be the first to comment on Nairaland.
Osibanjo nothing to celebrate for the common man on d street. If u do ur part at d federal level and it is not complemented by state governors with monthly allocation, bailout funds, internally genrated funds, security votes then it is nonsense.
U promised to fight corruption yet not a single prosecution, all the monies recovered where owned by ghosts. There has been no reduction in the cost of governance at all levels. The national assembly have been chopping constituency allowances with no projects to show except to buy fleet of exotic cars to flaunt like Dino.
Osibaba no hope ooo. All this una talk for Democracy or Independence day na usual yarn wey we do tire to hear.
What we want is together with d APC led national assembly are as follow:
1. Let the national assembly make corruption a death sentence. China is doing it and we can see where China is now.
2. Cut down d size and cost of governance.
To this effect we want a unicamaral legislature with far less pay. So many rich countries have far lower paid legislature.
http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2013/07/daily-chart-12
The US with a landmass of 9,147,590 sq km and 6 time zones has a mere 50 states each with 2 senators per state a total of 100 senators while Nigeria with just 923,768 sq km and 1 time zone has 36 states and 3 senators per state making it a total of 108 senators.
3. Abolish constituency allowance cos it is never the constitutional duty of national assembly to finance projects. It is an anomaly
4. Remove security votes for governors it is a sheer waste of resources.
5. Reduce the number of states to 6 states cos 36 states each with their state houses of assembly is aa colossal waste.
6. Revamp Ajaokuta steel complex and other steel mills like Aladja in Delta, Osun state.
7. Build new refineries from d scratch.
8. Revamp agriculture and mechanize it
9. Develop robust social security system to cater for d unemployed, aged, disabled as it is in advanced countries. It is possible afterall all the billions and trillions hidden in peoples home can finance it rather than for it to be in the hands of a few widening gaps between rich and poor. It is very possible and workable.
10. Education should be well funded and aimed at being self reliant technologically. Hence there should be close synergy between universities, polytechnics and research institutes. The Iranians under years of Western sanction did it so d Indians are success stories.
11. Revamp the power sector
12.Or we divide peacefully. USSR did it peacefully, Norway and Sweden did so peacefully, Czechoslovakia into the Czech Rep and Slovakia did same. So no point deceiving ourselves in a marriage of strange bed fellows.
Best wishes to all.

Plenty to agree with here
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by chngebeginwthme: 11:39pm On May 30, 2017
oluphilip2008:
Even though I despise APC and all that they stand for, I cannot but love this man, with him in the saddle, there is a ray of hope. BTW, happy democracy day to ex-president Muhammadu Buhari.

Your mate started business with #30k naira in 2015 and have record success and boost and you have been wailing and hating on PMB since that 2015 haha.. You better plan to wail till 2019 as we will vote PMB again ..
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by chngebeginwthme: 11:39pm On May 30, 2017
mikeycharles:
Osinbajo for president, immediately after Buhari finishes his regime in 2023.

Yes oooo
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by chngebeginwthme: 11:41pm On May 30, 2017
magoo10:
Watch what rubbish
with my mb?
APC has failed they are lucky Nigerians have not started stoning them.

Your mate started his business with 30k naira in 2015 and have become millionaire in 2017 2 yrs later.. You have been hating since 2015 and still hating.. Better plan to wail and hate till 2023..

Sai baba till 2023 enemies can go and die..
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by chngebeginwthme: 11:45pm On May 30, 2017
FlamesD:
APC stop killing private businesses via political vendetta. They should fellow the rule of law in the court trial of Ifeanye Uba and stop disobeying court orders.

Tell Ubah to return the #11billion abi na by force to be a billionaire?
Re: 2017 Democracy Day Speech By Osinbajo, Acting President (Video) by magoo10(m): 4:16am On May 31, 2017
which business did you start with 30k and now have millions?please I have boys I want to settle do they can start it
keep on copying and pasting in every ones mention
keep dreaming 2023 ko 2320 ni

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Splashes 5.5m To Igboist Facebook Group, Still Owes Salaries / Olawepo-hashim: I Was A Lonely Child Who Cheated Death 4 Times While Growing Up / Tiv And Fulani Clash In Taraba. 18 People Killed, Others Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.