Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo (78425 Views)

Application To Own Houses In Akwa Ibom FG Housing Scheme Opens / CBN Reveals How Nigerians Can Own A New Home, Pay Within 25 Years / Natanelflorens Plans 250,000-unit Rent-to-own Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Daboomb: 7:33am On May 30, 2017
TheFreeOne:
Some lies are too glaring to be believed.

Maybe he's been quoted out of context cos 30k for a house? even if dangote donates free cement, free roofing sheets from Nigerite and frogeye relinquish some of those fraudulently acquired lands I cant see it happening except the government builds and sell for 30k which is still totally impossible.

You people reason like 'kids' (I dont want to use a foul word like Retarded Kids undecided ) most times.
There is a website for the scheme, go there and read about it before making silly comments.

the #30,000 is the initial deposit you have to make, to qualify for the mortgage, which itself runs to between #2.5M and #18M.

Dont let anger and hatred becloud your reasoning faculties.
I can see all of you giving yourselves "foolish Likes" all over the place.

Nor be today.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Paentera(m): 7:34am On May 30, 2017
Jackossky:

If you earn 30k,that means you can afford 30k

No, it just exposes your comprehension shortcomings.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by KENFERDYOORI(m): 7:37am On May 30, 2017
SmartMugu:

He's just ill-informed. If any program of that sort exists, it's only for the kins of his fellow politicians, not for the common man with 30k.

Exactly!
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by akpur1(m): 7:37am On May 30, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:

If you guys don't have information on something keep
In my state the project is going on
About 1000 houses are been built in a certain
Just that it's for civil servants
your facts rights before talking
Most of you here are just plain stupid
The person on ftc says something everybody follows in that thinking
I'd bet if they ask you guys the meaning of mortgage you won't be able to provide an answer
Dullardinhos

Will you keep quiet
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Paentera(m): 7:38am On May 30, 2017
chisco82:

Maybe you analyse that for us to understand, because from i read we have to pay 20% of the total sum while the housing scheme team pays the remaing 80%.
I got confuse there he mention that if you have #30,000 then you can own a house. So my question to hou is if 30k is the 20%, then how much is the remaining 80% and Total amount is how much, can that amount build a house?

You're not a builder are you? The builders are the ones who provide counterpart 20% funding while the FG provides 80% to build the house. That was in no way referring to those interested in owning a house.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Revolva(m): 7:39am On May 30, 2017
hahaha this man ehnn is our new president i swear
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by SmartMugu: 7:44am On May 30, 2017
obailala:
On the contrary, it is millions of Nigerians that are ill-informed and who have no clue how mortgage schemes work. Unfortunately the reporter of this news didnt put the lack of knowlegde of Nigerians on mortgage schemes into consideration when reporting the story.
You may be right. The headline made it seem like every Nigerian can own a home with just 30k. If 30k is just the down payment, the payment terms should have been spelt out. Some folks can effort to buy 500 or more houses if they come as cheap as the article made it seem.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:46am On May 30, 2017
ednut1:
pastor wey dey lie, is dat a pastor
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by sekem: 7:46am On May 30, 2017
Wasted youths

Just see how they reason angry

Föols

Any idea comes up, they don't even care to ask how it will come to fruition, next thing you know, they are all screaming lies!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by marquay: 7:54am On May 30, 2017
i'm just seeing stupid comments every where oh shocked shocked
you are going to be paying that sum monthly or bi-monthly haven't any of yhu heard of a mortgage scheme? tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:55am On May 30, 2017
Another Afonja Scam by the Commissioner, Buhari had better recover soon before this commissioner causes more deaths for Nigerians.

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:55am On May 30, 2017
grin even sarrki and uncle Gbawe know say this one na big lie cheesy
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by obailala(m): 7:59am On May 30, 2017
SmartMugu:

You may be right. The headline made it seem like every Nigerian can own a home with just 30k. If 30k is just the down payment, the payment terms should have been spelt out. Some folks can effort to buy 500 or more houses if they come as cheap as the article made it seem.
Truth is that, Nigerians aren't really exposed to the concept of mortgages or finance schemes (since it isn't common in Nigeria); hence the report sounded very bizarre to many. For me, as soon as I sighted the title, I instantly knew it must mean some kind of mortgage scheme where the 30k may either be the initial deposit or more likely the required monthly payments.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Paentera(m): 8:03am On May 30, 2017
omogidi234:

Many thanks. So far till the point I am quoting you, apart from yours, Ayindejimmy and Maximus85, the other comments are not encouraging. I don't mean to be disrespectful​.

I do agree that these guys have made so many promises and they didn't fulfill; why? I don't know, it is left for them to tell us why, I am not their mouthpiece. Do we have reasons to doubt them? YES. However, I feel we are not criticising constructively.

We have not seen the roadmap, we have not seen the scheme schedule, the man has only made a pre-emptive speech preparatory to the launch of the scheme.

Now it is likely that they want to improve on the NHS or run a parallel but cheaper and easy- to- access scheme.

I and some folks have discussed the NHS here on Nairaland a couple of times, however, let me just drop some hints.

The NHS is domiciled with the FMBN.
It is a Federal Government Housing Scheme Mortgage.

The maximum amount you can draw is N15M and you must pay 30% equity, which is N4.5m.
If you want to access N10M, you will pay 20% equity. Likewise, N5M with 10% equity payment.

Now the scheme came into​ being when those figures were big money in Nigeria ( the figures are still big though, but can not possibly meet its desired purpose now).

The way it operates is that you open a NHF account with some financial institutions registered with FMBN, (Aso Savings,, Resort Savings are good example), you save till your equity is met and the FIs will apply on your behalf and you can use the funds to buy let say a 3 bedroom bungalow at Adron Homes Simawa or Hastom's Green Farm Estate Ogbomosho for 15m.

You are expected to pay back the 70% disbursed to you on a monthly basis for 30 years ( if you are age 60, it is not likely they will give you cause they want you to be able to pay back when you are working or doing business, not when you have retired) on a 6% interest rate.

Even though people are accessing this scheme, it is pretty hard and takes a lot of time.

So if this new Scheme allows you to pay N30,000 (both principal & interest) monthly for 30 years, then it is a Live On Arrival.

Please beware of Resort Savings as they are currently undergoing liquidity problems and haven't paid their own contribution for their customers who sourced mortgages through them and deposited funds with them.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by omogidi234(m): 8:11am On May 30, 2017
Paentera:

Please beware of Resort Savings as they are currently undergoing liquidity problems and haven't paid their own contribution for their customers who sourced mortgages through them and deposited funds with them.

Whaoh! Thanks. I haven't​ done anything with them in 3 years. Was there mismanagement?
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by bejeria101(m): 8:11am On May 30, 2017
Lego house?
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Aadeyinka(m): 8:14am On May 30, 2017
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Prince4mic: 8:16am On May 30, 2017
when you realised lying is contagious...
ask lie Mohammad what happened
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by dbossbuggy(m): 8:26am On May 30, 2017
This man has phd in telling lies.

I have smtp, webmail, RDP, mailers, skype 3.8.solution.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by nellyelitz(m): 8:41am On May 30, 2017
You don start to dey open mouth small time una go come deny
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by ThisTrend(f): 8:44am On May 30, 2017
You say what?
Lemme bring in all my facebook friends to see this..
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by samuelgambo(m): 9:21am On May 30, 2017
It's only people with the eye of faith that can see afar, nothing impossible with GOD. ELISHA has spoken, Samaria people did you believe? By this time tomorrow two measures of flour will be sold at a shekel gbam , and it came to pass but the faithless servant see it but could not eat of it, may God gives every one of us faith.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Aniku: 9:26am On May 30, 2017
U borrowed money from world Bank and build this for umunna gi shame to the zoo country

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Billygee2u: 9:28am On May 30, 2017
jerryunit48:
Believe this at your own peril
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by juliuscapps(m): 9:55am On May 30, 2017
piagetskinner:
he didn't say anyone who earns 30k....bit anyone who can afford 30k....

read them no go gree

ɛxaċtlʏ, ɦɛ said աɦօ ċaռ aʄʄօʀɖ 30ҡ ʍօռtɦlʏ ċaռ ɮɛ aɮle tօ օառ a ɦօʊsɛ iռ tɦɛ ɦօʊsiռɢ sċɦɛʍɛ. I ҡռօա ʄօʀ sʊʀɛ the payment is a ʍօռtɦlʏ tɦiռɢ till օռɛ քaʏs օʄʄ.
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Prince16: 10:00am On May 30, 2017
SmartyPants:

Problem is most of you lack basic comprehension really.

"The same fund will enable us to provide inexpensive mortgages for hundreds of thousands across the country who want to own homes."

Or you don't know how mortgages work?

SMH!
That's what's called unconscious resistance.
Even if mortgage wasn't directly mentioned its not far fetched for d unbiased mind to fathom, is it?!
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Abfinest007(m): 10:01am On May 30, 2017
lie na part of ur calling. keep lying like our lying minister lia Mohammed
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by chubi1980: 10:03am On May 30, 2017
For more details, enquiries and inspection,
Call / WhatsApp: +234 812 451 0837 | +234 812 643 7680

CHRISTAL HOMES......committed to real estate investment
3/9 Koleosho Street, off Medical Road, Mokland Plaza, Ikeja, Lagos
c.ume@live.com, luke@christalhomes.com.ng, www.christalhomes.com.ng

Don’t wait to buy, Buy and wait…as Investment Property will always appreciate in value!

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by permit(m): 10:03am On May 30, 2017

Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by sebeydiah(m): 10:03am On May 30, 2017
God go punish u people another,promise again and u have not fulfill the one on ground
Re: Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo by Nobody: 10:13am On May 30, 2017
Another propaganda

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? / Behold, The Controversial Most Expensive Building In Abuja / Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.