Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? (2230 Views)

How To Buy A Used Car Through Online Auto Auctions / What is the pros and cons of Shipping Car Through Cotonu / I Got My Car Through Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by alibaba1995(m): 8:30pm On May 29, 2017
please, am just confused has anyone bought a car through nairaland??
are the sellers genuine? please help cause am planning to order for one...
please mod help by moving it to front page please.
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by AnaCheks(m): 8:34pm On May 29, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by odiereke(m): 8:45pm On May 29, 2017
Yes, I bought a Lexus GS 300 on Nairaland. But it was a cash and carry affairs o.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by Theblackstalln: 9:04pm On May 29, 2017
Lalasticlala help op

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:08pm On May 29, 2017
alibaba1995:

are the sellers genuine?
please help cause am planning to order for one...

You wan do 40-45days Pre-order? cheesy
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by heykims(m): 9:10pm On May 29, 2017
Have u heard of O. Y. O. ?
Na Oyo u dey o
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by heykims(m): 9:11pm On May 29, 2017
Have heard about O. Y. O. ?
NA Oyo u dey o
Lalasticlala pls nooow..
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by keycash: 9:19pm On May 29, 2017
alibaba1995:

are the sellers genuine?

Yes I had bought more than 3 cars on here.. try to meet the seller in person and don't go alone. Don't send money upfront or send delivery fee if you do,that is one chance of the year good luck

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by nurey(m): 9:21pm On May 29, 2017
alibaba1995:

are the sellers genuine?

Never order cars that are in Nigeria from another state. Travel to car location, book an hotel have a good night rest, make arrangements with the seller and go early, test drive the car and do necessary inspections on body.

Ask for complete original car documents, satisfied drive to bank with keys in your hand and a formal receipt from the seller and change of ownership document duly signed by seller and witness, do a bank transfer send a text to your family you bought a Toyota Avalon from sellers first name and surname of number so so so which you pulled off from a valid identity card (drivers license, voters card, passport) etc.

With all documents intact drive back to hotel sleep eat and rest getting ready for the journey in the morning, make a photocopy of all original documents hiding the receipt and change of ownership documents if you are stopped by men in black smile and tell them the car belongs to an acquaintance.

If you are buckedsup do a complete service and test the car again before you embark on a long journey.

Incase the seller tries to pull a fast one on you, you have evidence already.

2. If you talking about pre-order (cars advertised in other country, do your due diligence pay only if they have a physical office and a personnel you can hold liable if they start super story episode 5,also a plus if you paying into a registered business account instead of an individuals account

20 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by auntysimbiat(f): 9:24pm On May 29, 2017
nice
keycash:

Yes I had bought more 3 cars on here.. try to meet the seller in person and don't go alone. Don't send money upfront or send delivery fee if you on you own ooo
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by Biodun37: 9:25pm On May 29, 2017
I got my latest car through nairaland&never regretted the decision, although na cash & carry o

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by surrogatesng: 9:31pm On May 29, 2017
I have bought 2 cars through nairaland
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by alibaba1995(m): 9:55pm On May 29, 2017
No I want to buy directly from the seller. I don't trust that there 40days own.
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by alibaba1995(m): 9:57pm On May 29, 2017
Hope the ride was working perfectly?
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by alibaba1995(m): 9:59pm On May 29, 2017
OK thanks bro.
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by mexxy1(m): 11:33pm On May 29, 2017
alibaba1995:

are the sellers genuine?

If you meant preorder, YES!

I did and, I don't regret it. The seller is still very much active here on Nairaland, and if you want a trusted dealer, I can refer you to same as I can vouch for him based on my transaction experience with him.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by legalwealth(m): 12:03am On May 30, 2017
alibaba1995:

are the sellers genuine?

Yes! I bought my first car via nairaland and it was a nice experience.
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by Mrdigitech(m): 2:27am On May 30, 2017
Yes, I bought a Toyota Camry this month via nairaland...Very pleasant experience...
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by Mrdigitech(m): 2:27am On May 30, 2017
Yes, I bought a Toyota Camry this month via nairaland...It was a pleasurable experience...

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by pinnocho: 4:53am On May 30, 2017
I also bought my first car from nairaland. I have never regretted it.
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by zamirikpo(m): 4:49pm On May 30, 2017
sure, two rides.......4years ago, still rocking them wella.

just dont do upfront deals, cash and carry ooh.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by PastorandMentor(m): 4:57pm On May 30, 2017
Nice testimony. I will buy my first car soon. Somebody shout amen

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by teekay213(m): 5:01pm On May 30, 2017
heykims:
Have heard about O. Y. O. ?
NA Oyo u dey o
Lalasticlala pls nooow..
dem dey beg for FP again! Use your senses.
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by ednut1(m): 5:32pm On May 30, 2017
car stand dey every where, enter one get a car. last last na like 100k difference
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by sugaslim(m): 5:38pm On May 30, 2017
alibaba1995:

are the sellers genuine?

not all sellers are genuine, am not a regular visitor,
But I have a Naija Neatly Used Toyota Corolla 2004 model for sale, call 08038487182 for more discussion.

Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by Jkvivi2020: 7:00pm On May 30, 2017
yes @poster I bought five cars from nairaland with cold chilled a.c still rocking three of them now and I gave out two as a gift.the transaction was cool.make sure you do proper checking before buying make you no enter one chance. engine, gearbox, brain box and some others very important.
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by nelson7777: 11:14pm On May 30, 2017
PastorandMentor:
Nice testimony. I will buy my first car soon. Somebody shout amen

Amen ooooo
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by MotorConnectz(m): 11:35pm On May 30, 2017
Jkvivi2020:
yes @poster I bought five cars from nairaland with cold chilled a.c still rocking three of them now and I gave out two as a gift.the transaction was cool.make sure you do proper checking before buying make you no enter one chance. engine, gearbox, brain box and some others very important.
You are rocking 3 of them and gave 2 out as a gift. Continue to pour us zobo. Smh... welldone sir *in falz voice*

P.s. I'm still waiting for you to explain why you called me a scam
https://www.nairaland.com/3680529/lag-cool-white-2003-land/1

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by Cmanforall: 12:21am On May 31, 2017
Some sellers can as well post they've bought from nairaland...

It'll be nice to state the person's moniker.

The rule is to meet the dealer in person for inspection and if satisfied, make payment.

I remember some years ago (around 6yrs or so), a guy posted Nissan Max for sale... I contacted someone, he found the car to be nice and at a good price. So he decided to meet up with the dealer. The dealer acknowledged there's minor fault to fix, but his Mechanic can fix it with some amount, maybe 10k or 20k(something like that).
You know when you're willing to pay over 1m for a ride, such amount would seem small, But that was it! Money is yet to come back.
(I made a post about him, yet nothing happened)
However, this doesn't take away honest dealers in this forum. There are good guys here, for sure.
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by crackhouse(m): 6:09am On May 31, 2017
sugaslim:
not all sellers are genuine, am not a regular visitor,
But I have a Naija Neatly Used Toyota Corolla 2004 model for sale, call 08038487182 for more discussion.
u will post a car and tell us to call u for price. If Konga does that I wonder how many people that will be buying things from them. U thought everybody have time for play play.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by steve13(m): 6:21am On May 31, 2017
MotorConnectz:
You are rocking 3 of them and gave 2 out as a gift. Continue to pour us zobo. Smh... welldone sir *in falz voice*

P.s. I'm still waiting for you to explain why you called me a scam
https://www.nairaland.com/3680529/lag-cool-white-2003-land/1

Because you often post cars you know nothing about , I have called you two times and you wasted my time , you keep posting and Posting ,
One day I swapped a car with a dealer and after two days , another dealer was still posting " available " on the car already in my house , what do you call that? Most of don't have money to buy car rims , but you post big big cars

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by nelson7777: 7:20am On May 31, 2017
yes i bought a nigerian used corrolla s, at a give away price for 900k here on nairaland, but i must confess at first i was scared as fxxk, was wondering y wud som1 wnt to sell 4 dat price, funny enough i wnt to d man's house in ajah,
and discovered dat d man was a bloody millionaire, i saw with my eyes in his garage brand new venza n a brand new honda product it looks 99% like venza bt is nt, its pure white in colour, also wen he discovered it was a young man dat was buying, he bought me full tank of fuel..
hv used it 4 a yr without 1 single fault..
lesson learnt...
1. there r some good humans on nairaland
2. there r some verrrrrry rich people on nairaland, dat people here talk to anyhw or insult, but in real life outside nairaland, they r established n successful....

by d way check my profile i hv very beautiful dogs 4 sale

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Very Clean 07 Honda Accord Reg Leather 4plugs For Jst 1.170m See Pix.... / Direct Tokunbo 2010 Honda CR-V For Sale / Mercedes-benz G63 G-wagon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.