Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? (2231 Views)

How To Buy A Used Car Through Online Auto Auctions / What is the pros and cons of Shipping Car Through Cotonu / I Got My Car Through Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by MotorConnectz(m): 10:23am On May 31, 2017
steve13:

Because you often post cars you know nothing about , I have called you two times and you wasted my time , you keep posting and Posting ,
One day I swapped a car with a dealer and after two days , another dealer was still posting " available " on the car already in my house , what do you call that? Most of don't have money to buy car rims , but you post big big cars
Sorry?? Which cars?? Pardon me if I didn't give you a good service. I strickly work on cars in my possession now or cars I'm 100% certain about. I do hope you would kindly contact me again some other time.

Most of don't have money to buy car rims , but you post big big cars
I will want to belive this statement is not for me. We can always arrange a meeting anytime just in case to clear some thoughts
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by valarinz: 1:38pm On May 31, 2017
steve13:

Because you often post cars you know nothing about , I have called you two times and you wasted my time , you keep posting and Posting ,
One day I swapped a car with a dealer and after two days , another dealer was still posting " available " on the car already in my house , what do you call that? Most of don't have money to buy car rims , but you post big big cars

God bless you Sir.

Its cos of peeps like this that i would use my money to buy a car and fix it, and when i put it up for sale, someone will call me and start telling me to ask the "owner" why he's selling, or that i should talk to the "owner" to reduce price, or better still ask the "owner" when he can meet up with him.

Countless number of times ive already bought a car and i still see a greedy 'agent' aggressively marketing same car online at about 200-500k above the price ive already bought it for. Painful thing is : when you eventually try to buy through them they put you through the most frustrating experience cos they don't even know anything about the car or even its whereabouts
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by alaskido(m): 3:12pm On May 31, 2017
I have bought some cars through Nairaland and I can recommend some good and genuine people I have dealt with. People like THEO, JAZZY, EAA1 AUTOS etc...
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by Jkvivi2020: 7:15am On Jun 01, 2017
@connect what is ur business if I gave at two as gift you think everybody is selfish like you or dubious like you.let me tell you I like buying cars both used an tokunbo I have so many of them and I use an give out and also buy more.there are still some genuine dealers on nairaland not everybody are scammer like you.you post cars you nothing about them you convince someone to buy car without saying the true condition of the car.
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by jaybim: 11:02am On Jun 02, 2017
Naturally some people online are legit and some are not. I had a bad experience with a seller i found here on nairaland when I was looking for a Corolla. I called him out on his thread after they jerked me around and wasted my time. I eventually got the Corolla from a guy on jiji.
Like others have said, don't part with a dime upfront or until due diligence has been done and you are totally satisfied.
Go with your mechanic, I went with 2, one to do a physical manual inspection and one to scan and run diagnostics.
Make sure papers are complete and if you can verify them, Gazuz of nairaland verified my customs papers for a small fee.
Drive to a bank at an area you are comfortable in and make payment.
Re: Has Anyone Bought A Car Through Nairaland?? by nams77: 12:33pm On Jun 02, 2017
nurey:

Never order cars that are in Nigeria from another state. Travel to car location, book an hotel have a good night rest, make arrangements with the seller and go early, test drive the car and do necessary inspections on body.

Ask for complete original car documents, satisfied drive to bank with keys in your hand and a formal receipt from the seller and change of ownership document duly signed by seller and witness, do a bank transfer send a text to your family you bought a Toyota Avalon from sellers first name and surname of number so so so which you pulled off from a valid identity card (drivers license, voters card, passport) etc.

With all documents intact drive back to hotel sleep eat and rest getting ready for the journey in the morning, make a photocopy of all original documents hiding the receipt and change of ownership documents if you are stopped by men in black smile and tell them the car belongs to an acquaintance.

If you are buckedsup do a complete service and test the car again before you embark on a long journey.

Incase the seller tries to pull a fast one on you, you have evidence already.

2. If you talking about pre-order (cars advertised in other country, do your due diligence pay only if they have a physical office and a personnel you can hold liable if they start super story episode 5,also a plus if you paying into a registered business account instead of an individuals account
Gbam! You Sir, just hit the nail on its head

(1) (2) (Reply)

Very Clean 07 Honda Accord Reg Leather 4plugs For Jst 1.170m See Pix.... / Toyota Mercedes Lexus Ford Edge And Other Cars For Sale / Camry 04 XLE Used For Sale@1.280m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.