Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Help...is Lagos The Right Move For Me - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help...is Lagos The Right Move For Me (1101 Views)

Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates / Please Find Attached My Resume: The Right Way To Say It / Please Help Is This Scam Or Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help...is Lagos The Right Move For Me by osasomoruyi(m): 10:19pm On May 29, 2017
Finished my nysc in October 2016 where I saved up a few bucks ....invested in ponzi scheme and lost it all ...my never give up spirit came up again and I picked myself up and I hustled hard ...have applied for almost a 100 jobs since after service .done CV reviews but I just don't know y I don't land a good job am 25 and based in warri delta state and am virtually good with the internet(thats how have been surviving) i can market goods,advertise, create gigs and do many stuffs but still yet i need something ill wake up to on the morning.

..i have loads of business ideas but as usual all the uncles and aunties who promised to help are coming up with excuses everyday....so am practically at zero
just last week i played sports betting and won 35k and am presently contemplating on moving to lagos(i have accomodation) to hustle there cos most of the job gigs and adverts i come across are all lagos based..pls fam is it advisable i really need a decision cos
1:I need something tangible doing
2: Am not getting younger
3: i have a lot of skills which i feel i need to put to use
4: Have a dream of owning a well equipped business centre/cafe cos i know ways of making cool daily profit
5:i need the money
Re: Help...is Lagos The Right Move For Me by eezeribe(m): 10:20pm On May 29, 2017
1)You do ponzi schemes...
2)You do Sports betting...
3) You have many business ideas...
4)You have many skills...
5)You lack funds...

Number 1&2 will cancel out Number 3&4 and leave you at number 5.
Final answer=Go to Lagos and try your luck(because that is the mindset of people who engage in Number 1&2)

4 Likes

Re: Help...is Lagos The Right Move For Me by JesusFlourishes: 10:30pm On May 29, 2017
Skills, are equal to momey. No idea is originally yours until it's created or put to use by you.
Thousands around the world have that same idea and are thinking bout it as you are doing, and only one person is working it.
I once had an idea of phones using flash drives and usb drives, and they are already here.
Skills are equal to money like i said: Look for where those skills are needed and put them to use.
The value of those skills will attract money, it might take time though, but doesnt.
Let your uncles, and aunties be. Engage ur mind and hands

GOD is waiting, and you are waiting, then, the waiting becomes endless.
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Help...is Lagos The Right Move For Me by osasomoruyi(m): 10:35pm On May 29, 2017
eezeribe:
1)You do ponzi schemes...
2)You do Sports betting...
3) You have many business ideas...
4)You have many skills...
5)You lack funds...

Number 1&2 will cancel out Number 3&4 and leave you at number 5.
Final answer=Go to Lagos and try your luck(because that is the mindset of people who engage in Number 1&2)

1:can kill anybody who tell me about ponzi right now

2:i do sports betting to try and raise funds and it comes in handy sometimes

a lot of Nigerians have business ideas but no funds to execute it..just like me all i nees is a well equipped computer/ict centre and ill drop my certificate forever
Re: Help...is Lagos The Right Move For Me by osasomoruyi(m): 10:41pm On May 29, 2017
JesusFlourishes:
Skills, are equal to momey. No idea is originally yours until it's created or put to use by you.
Thousands around the world have that same idea and are thinking bout it as you are doing, and only one person is working it.
I once had an idea of phones using flash drives and usb drives, and they are already here.
Skills are equal to money like i said: Look for where those skills are needed and put them to use.
The value of those skills will attract money, it might take time though, but doesnt.
Let your uncles, and aunties be. Engage ur mind and hands

GOD is waiting, and you are waiting, then, the waiting becomes endless.
Cheers
Thanks a lot ....I currently have a little place which I freelance my ICT skills but I can make up to 25k on a good day for the business owner but at d end of the day he gives me 1k or sometimes 1500....asked him to employ me full time but e just laughs and says he cant afford to pay a bsc graduate and i cant complain sometimes cos working for him keeps me busy and that meagre income do sustain my feeding....have engaged my hands but my mind is at torture

1 Like

Re: Help...is Lagos The Right Move For Me by JesusFlourishes: 11:59pm On May 29, 2017
osasomoruyi:

Thanks a lot ....I currently have a little place which I freelance my ICT skills but I can make up to 25k on a good day for the business owner but at d end of the day he gives me 1k or sometimes 1500....asked him to employ me full time but e just laughs and says he cant afford to pay a bsc graduate and i cant complain sometimes cos working for him keeps me busy and that meagre income do sustain my feeding....have engaged my hands but my mind is at torture

Kanye West, came back from that accident, and made a blast in the music industry by himself, he was a producer. While being bed ridden, he started to engage his mind, look up who he became.
I've you ever wondered why exconvintcs make it big? They were able to engage there mind, and ignored the torture of jail against them minds...
They focus their mind on a particular skill... And break through.
A couple o' them release albums while in jail most especially in the western world, and,several wins nobel lauretes, so easy for them? No.
Except an ear of corn falls to the ground and die, it abides alone.
Look at the corn, except it is planted, and it goes through the suffering of rottening and die due to the heat, it wont yield life: Same applies to u.
That torture is the requirement.
You just must be smart with it.
Your Degree notwithstanding: It's just a prove you went to school, it's no big deal as degree is no prove that we are educated.
Education is largely a function information.
Your skills are part of the education, your degree is a paper bro.
With your skill, you can determine how much you make without robbing or cheating others. It's all,bout smartness.
Mind u, you can be fired, but ur skills cant be fired.
Somebody else always appreciate them more and pays more.
Re: Help...is Lagos The Right Move For Me by deepwater(f): 12:30am On May 30, 2017
osasomoruyi:

Laughing and telling you he can't employ a bsc holder is a scam and ploy to exploit you my brother!
He enjoys the services of a bsc holder but has refused to pay. The problem here is that you are yet to evaluate your self properly as well as the quality of services you cam render.
Its almost like you are more concerned about your lil stipend to feed on that's why you take the 1500 from him.
Talk to the business owner again, negotiate something reasonable, if he declines, walk away.

Well it's easier said than done.
All the best
Re: Help...is Lagos The Right Move For Me by osasomoruyi(m): 1:16am On May 30, 2017
deepwater:

Laughing and telling you he can't employ a bsc holder is a scam and ploy to exploit you my brother!
He enjoys the services of a bsc holder but has refused to pay. The problem here is that you are yet to evaluate your self properly as well as the quality of services you cam render.
Its almost like you are more concerned about your lil stipend to feed on that's why you take the 1500 from him.
Talk to the business owner again, negotiate something reasonable, if he declines, walk away.

Well it's easier said than done.
All the best
thanks I'll try that
Re: Help...is Lagos The Right Move For Me by JesusFlourishes: 2:55am On May 30, 2017
Dont try, do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Help...is Lagos The Right Move For Me by Xfemt(m): 8:13am On May 30, 2017
bros i was once lyk u, every tin hard, but the only way for u is start a business of ur own nd later venture into oda biz. For me i start with dry cleaning saved up, i opened another two branches, nd later patner wit some of my friends nd ventured into bein bet9ja agent nd every week we share our weekly commision togeda, nd now we re planning on going into ict. My guy if i can make it in benin were the economy environment is poor, my broda u can make it in warri were u d population. U can start dry cleanin biz in warri nd u ll make it big. For more info reply me
Re: Help...is Lagos The Right Move For Me by Femmyfamous4u(m): 9:33am On May 30, 2017
osasomoruyi:

1:can kill anybody who tell me about ponzi right now

2:i do sports betting to try and raise funds and it comes in handy sometimes

a lot of Nigerians have business ideas but no funds to execute it..just like me all i nees is a well equipped computer/ict centre and ill drop my certificate forever

Don't tell me you are same Osas Omoruyi at OAU G105 who switched to UI.
Re: Help...is Lagos The Right Move For Me by normac: 11:57am On May 30, 2017
My people say "the fear of death in war should not prevent you from fighting a WA for a cause you believe in. In other words, the fear of failure should not deter you

(1) (Reply)

.. / Data Entry Support Needed At Vanaplus Group / Part Time $5/hr Full Time 15$/hr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.