Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Is Asaba, The Capital Of Onitsha Or Delta? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Asaba, The Capital Of Onitsha Or Delta? (1712 Views)

Reno Omokri Locates Victim Of Onitsha Fire Outbreak, Makes Donation (Photos) / Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South / What Is Happening In The Capital City Of Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Asaba, The Capital Of Onitsha Or Delta? by uglyafonja: 7:36am On May 30, 2017
Please, I am forced to ask this question for proper clarification....
Because, as a capital city, more infrastructural development are been done in that city against the other parts of the state.And the people are made to enjoy this facilities...
But in the case of asaba...I noticed that the Onitsha business men tend to have more influence in that city.
Approximately 40% of the business men and women in Onitsha resides in Asaba.
In asaba , the govt of the state tend to Cather for the need of this Onitsha business men than the need of indegines.
To cut the story short, the way the two city relates...one will be force to think that Asaba is the capital of Onitsha state.

I don't know if any one have observed such?

1 Like

Re: Is Asaba, The Capital Of Onitsha Or Delta? by thesolutions(m): 7:40am On May 30, 2017
uglyafonja:
Because, as a capital city, more infrastructural development are been done in that city against the other parts of the state.And the people are made to enjoy this facilities...
But in the case of asaba...I noticed that the Onitsha business men tend to have more influence in that city.
In asaba , the govt of the state tend to Cather for the need of this Onitsha business men than the need of indegines.
To cut the story short, the way the two city relates...one will be force to think that Asaba is the capital of Onitsha state.

I know it. Onitsha state. For whish country?

3 Likes

Re: Is Asaba, The Capital Of Onitsha Or Delta? by squash47(m): 7:47am On May 30, 2017
Na them..

2 Likes

Re: Is Asaba, The Capital Of Onitsha Or Delta? by subtlemee(f): 7:48am On May 30, 2017
Go back to your states and capital

7 Likes

Re: Is Asaba, The Capital Of Onitsha Or Delta? by vayne(m): 7:55am On May 30, 2017
That is because the original and still the inhabitants of asaba are the Igbos!

11 Likes

Re: Is Asaba, The Capital Of Onitsha Or Delta? by soliddust2020: 8:07am On May 30, 2017
uglyafonja:

Op please kindly explain the special treatment given to this business men from Onitsha, i haven't noticed it at all.
Re: Is Asaba, The Capital Of Onitsha Or Delta? by Davash222(m): 8:09am On May 30, 2017
Asaba is truly the capital of Onitsha , the Asaba airport is for Onitsha Business men.

7 Likes

Re: Is Asaba, The Capital Of Onitsha Or Delta? by Nobody: 8:12am On May 30, 2017
Op call any of your sibling that are still in primary school. I think their have better answer to dis question. olodo

2 Likes

Re: Is Asaba, The Capital Of Onitsha Or Delta? by galaxy4rep(m): 8:23am On May 30, 2017
Dominated by Onitsha business men..
Re: Is Asaba, The Capital Of Onitsha Or Delta? by Nobody: 8:25am On May 30, 2017
Because Ontisha and Asaba are both Igbo cities. Asaba should have be ceded to Anambra state but the evil Nigerian government because of oil refused.

7 Likes

Re: Is Asaba, The Capital Of Onitsha Or Delta? by AustineE1: 8:36am On May 30, 2017
Asaba is strictly an Igbo enclave,IBB made it the capital of Delta state,just to favour Mariam his wife who happens to come from Asaba....in all fairness the capital of Delta state should be Warri.

3 Likes

Re: Is Asaba, The Capital Of Onitsha Or Delta? by overall90: 8:49am On May 30, 2017
AustineE1:
Asaba is strictly an Igbo enclave,IBB made it the capital of Delta state,just to favour Mariam his wife who happens to come from Asaba....in all fairness the capital of Delta state should be Warri.

The Mariam angle though it sounds true is not totally correct.
The major reason is that the major tribes that make up Warri could not work together to ensure that Warri is made the capital.

1 Like

Re: Is Asaba, The Capital Of Onitsha Or Delta? by Nobody: 9:09am On May 30, 2017
THATS BECAUSE DELTA AND ONICHA IS THE SAME....ONICHA ADO, ONICHA UGBO AND ANOTHER ONE CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAME ARE THREE BROTHERS ONE IS GOOD IN BUSINESS WHICH IS ONICHA ADO THE OTHER GOOD IN FARMING ONICHA UGBO AND ANOTHER WHICH CAN'T REMEBER THE NAME BUT WILL SEARCH MORE ABOUT IT

(1) (Reply)

Quit Notice:What We Will Do To Hausa/Fulanis If Any Igbo Is Killed In North–IPOB / Operation Python Dance: Army Withdraws From Abia / Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ikoyigate $44m, Whistle Blower Gets Millions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.