Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,821 members, 7,831,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan (24259 Views)

Does Undertaking Covid-19 Test Whilst Fasting Affect The Validity Of The Fast? / Ramadan: What Spoils The Fast And What Does Not / Things That Invalidate The Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan by Organs(m): 6:54pm On Jun 02, 2017
Mofpearl:

You are entitled to your opinion but those are the opinions of the scholars of Islam. It is not permissible to sell to someone I know would eat it because it comes under the helping people sin. We do not help people transgress against Allah's boundaries. Same way I won't rent my room to the one who I know would fornicate or sell weapons to people who would use it to cause mischief because by doing so I have helped them commit the act and this is something Allah has forbidden in the Qur'an. If you would like more explanation or you still aren't satisfied with the answers, I think you should be able to send a question.
Salam aylakum.

Brother, you obviously has not stepped outside Nigeria so you are myopic in your world view and thinking and that is not Islam. I live in the US and even recently during the TRUMP muslim ban, gays, lesbians all where at the forefront protesting with muslims against the ban and stood all night at the airport to ensure all muslims coming in where all allowed to come in and their rights protected. Now we made it clear we will not join them if they are protesting for their rights, but back to the discussion, Yes if someone wants to buy weapons to kill, others or cause harm to himself and others you don't enable that person, but you cannot deny someone accommodation because they are going to commit fornication!! that is wrong and that is not islam, you might as well say you will deny a christian accommodation because he is not muslim, or a single lady because she is not married, or an akwa-ibom man because he eats dogs and pork, or an ogboni worshiper because he worships ogboni on and on and on. That is the reason for religious intolerance. Stop judging people stop pointing fingers, that is not islam, The prophet said in an authentic hadith, even if someone is committing sin and hides it, you do not expose him, Yes, you should advice him and do things that might positively help him stop but you don't expose him else Allah will expose you too on the day of judgement. So if someone has a BUSINESS OF SELLING FOOD, i repeat a business of selling food, you sell food to whoever buys your food. There is a lot on misunderstanding of the faith and people make Islam unnecessarily difficult for themselves and others and offers unnecessary interpretations.
Re: Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan by Mofpearl: 7:14pm On Jun 02, 2017
Organs:

Brother, you obviously has not stepped outside Nigeria so you are myopic in your world view and thinking and that is not Islam. I live in the US and even recently during the TRUMP muslim ban, gays, lesbians all where at the forefront protesting with muslims against the ban and stood all night at the airport to ensure all muslims coming in where all allowed to come in and their rights protected. Now we made it clear we will not join them if they are protesting for their rights, but back to the discussion, Yes if someone wants to buy weapons to kill, others or cause harm to himself and others you don't enable that person, but you cannot deny someone accommodation because they are going to commit fornication!! that is wrong and that is not islam, you might as well say you will deny a christian accommodation because he is not muslim, or a single lady because she is not married, or an akwa-ibom man because he eats dogs and pork, or an ogboni worshiper because he worships ogboni on and on and on. That is the reason for religious intolerance. Stop judging people stop pointing fingers, that is not islam, The prophet said in an authentic hadith, even if someone is committing sin and hides it, you do not expose him, Yes, you should advice him and do things that might positively help him stop but you don't expose him else Allah will expose you too on the day of judgement. So if someone has a BUSINESS OF SELLING FOOD, i repeat a business of selling food, you sell food to whoever buys your food. There is a lot on misunderstanding of the faith and people make Islam unnecessarily difficult for themselves and others and offers unnecessary interpretations.

I thought I was quoting someone reasonable. So living in Nigeria makes one myopic? Lol.
You accused the other brother of quoting out of context but you are doing the same. Anyways I don't have time to waste.
Like I mentioned earlier, you are entitled to your opinion even though it doesn't count in the deen of Allah.
Whatever Allah has made permissible, no one can prohibit and whatever Allah has forbidden, no one can make permissible. And Allah has forbidden helping in transgression.

Salam
Re: Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan by hideraoluwa(f): 7:47pm On Jun 02, 2017
Omotaday:
Ideraoluwa
yesss......U Called Me!
Re: Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan by adedapoibraheem(m): 8:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
Rider23:

The Muslim Umma are experiencing the period of Ramadan (Holy Month) now where they fast daily! KFB brings to you things that do not break the fast...

To eat or drink something unintentionally.

A mosquito, fly or any other object going down the throat unintentionally.

Water entering the ears.

Dust or dirt going down the throat.

Swallowing one’s own saliva.

Taking an injection.

Applying of Surma (kohl) into the eyes.

Taking a bath to keep cool.

Rubbing oil onto the body or hair.

To vomit unintentionally.

Applying Itr or perfume. It is not permitted to inhale the smoke of Lobaan or incense whilst fasting. It is also not permitted to smoke cigarettes or inhale its smoke.

Brushing the teeth without tooth paste or powder e.g. using a Miswaak, etc.A dream which makes Ghusl wajib (necessary) does NOT break the fast.

Source>> http://www.kemifilani.com/2017/05/ramadan-things-that-do-not-break-fast.html

Salam Alaekum brothers and sisters. concerning the injection. there are circumstances whereby one need to take injection during fasting so far the injection is not food supplement injection...... so be clear if the injection is not food supplement your fast is valid.....
Re: Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan by Organs(m): 9:30pm On Jun 02, 2017
Protein0:

Do I need to publicize my GPS b4 driving home my point? No!
You're the one talking outta context (not contest) here sir. For records, no one is asking the woman to close down during ramadhan. Instead what we're saying is that she MUSTN'T sell food to a known Muslim!
U may disagree, for all I care.
The manifest has no versions
Hope u now realize the parochial one here?

May Allah make us end well.

Modified: thanks for briefing us about ursef. We now have a clearer picture of the situation

Like i said again, you are myopic. You are giving an answer that speaks volume about where you're from and how you live etc and that is not Islam. If, for example, you are a student at Columbia University in NYC, and you work at the cafeteria selling food, now a muslim student that prays at the mosque with you comes in to buy food, in Ramadan will you refuse him service? Also, if you own a Restaurant, and known muslims comes in to your restaurant in the afternoon in ramadan to eat will you refuse them service? Also, you have not quoted a quranic verse that clearly answers this question, so where is "the manifest has no versions" coming from?
Re: Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan by Organs(m): 9:45pm On Jun 02, 2017
Mofpearl:

I thought I was quoting someone reasonable. So living in Nigeria makes one myopic? Lol.
You accused the other brother of quoting out of context but you are doing the same. Anyways I don't have time to waste.
Like I mentioned earlier, you are entitled to your opinion even though it doesn't count in the deen of Allah.
Whatever Allah has made permissible, no one can prohibit and whatever Allah has forbidden, no one can make permissible. And Allah has forbidden helping in transgression.

Salam

Well you can say i am not reasonable because i and you disagree. But again, your answer speaks clearly about your horizon. You don't know because you just don't know. the answer you gave is reflective of your worldview which is limited. Walahi, again i repeat walahi, brother if you have lived in Egypt, UK, the US etc you will not give that answer. You have not in any way made it clear that Allah has made it haram to sell food to a muslim in ramadan. Or that it is not permissible. For the sake of Allah, i beg you, arguments apart, leave people alone. Stop judging people, these are the reasons why people in Kano will lynch a lady because she is wearing "jeans" or kill Bridget Agbahime because she said "don't do that una thing (wudu) for here.

May allah guide us all aright ameen.
Re: Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
Organs:

Well you can say i am not reasonable because i and you disagree. But again, your answer speaks clearly about your horizon. You don't know because you just don't know. the answer you gave is reflective of your worldview which is limited. Walahi, again i repeat walahi, brother if you have lived in Egypt, UK, the US etc you will not give that answer. You have not in any way made it clear that Allah has made it haram to sell food to a muslim in ramadan. Or that it is not permissible. For the sake of Allah, i beg you, arguments apart, leave people alone. Stop judging people, these are the reasons why people in Kano will lynch a lady because she is wearing "jeans" or kill Bridget Agbahime because she said "don't do that una thing (wudu) for here.

Shhhhh...... You don't know how to say things......and this is why you've been embarrassing yourself since, and also, you don't understand simple things despite your stay in USA, what a shame
Re: Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan by Mofpearl: 9:55pm On Jun 02, 2017
Organs:

You can call me myopic simply because we disagree. You can judge and make false inferences simply because we disagree as well. You read without comprehending the content of my post or the website. Without hesitation, you made false assumptions about how I live and made suggestions blaming it on living in Nigeria. Like I mentioned earlier, you are entitled to your opinion.
Please don't swear to God because you don't know where I live and where I have lived.
Ameen. May Allah guide us right.
Salam alaykum brother.
Re: Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 02, 2017
Mofpearl:

You can call me myopic simply because we disagree. You can judge and make false inferences simply because we disagree as well. Don't swear to God because you don't know where I live and where I have lived.
Ameen. May Allah guide us right.
Salam alaykum

I don't think you should dignify him with any more response......if he can't decipher simple things rather making false inferences despite his "civilisation" he should be ignored...
Re: Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan by Organs(m): 10:01pm On Jun 02, 2017
Protein0:

You are missing a whole lotta thing man.
If u care to know, just accept that what the traveller did was still not his/her opinion. Ur write up speaks volume and accurate inferences can be drawn

What inferences are you drawing? explain... Now understand that i started with Allahu Alam, (Allah knows best) Can you just answer the question? If you've forgotten what the initial question was, pls follow the thread and answer the question first. Again, one can give ones "Opinion" but that is what it is not a general ruling and that is why Imam Al-Shafii, said and i quote my opinion is right with possibility of it being wrong and my opponent's opinion is wrong with possibility of it being right. Also Imam Ahmed Hanbal said, if a daif (weak hadith) contradicts my opinion, take the weak hadith. Some others did not want their opinion written down so it does not become a general ruling. Conclusively, yes you can have your opinion, as long as it does not contradict the quran, the hadith, the consensus or a well known islamic jurisdiction, also be clear that that is your opinion and it should not be imposed on anyone.
Re: Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan by Mofpearl: 10:03pm On Jun 02, 2017
AbdelKabir:

I don't think you should dignify him with any more response......if he can't decipher simple things rather making false inferences despite his "civilisation" he should be ignored...

I won't respond to him any longer. I have said salam to him.
Re: Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan by Omotaday(m): 11:32pm On Jun 02, 2017
hideraoluwa:
yesss......U Called Me!
I just want to say "Salam Alaykum"
Re: Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan by Coccoh(f): 12:07am On Jun 03, 2017
personal59:

it does equate to food. but if otherwise please bring forth the hadith

The nutritious intravenous injection is a matter of dispute among scholars:

The first view is it invalidates the fast: This is the view of Sheikh As-Sa`dy, Ibn Baz, Ibn `Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on their souls), and the Islamic Fiqh Academy. The evidence to that is: it is similar to food and drink, so the one who takes these injections will be in no need for food and drink.

The second opinion: it does not break the fast because they do not reach the stomach through the usual outlets. Assuming they reach the stomach, they reach through the pores, and that is not the stomach and is not similar to the stomach.
The soundest view/more correct opinion is: they invalidate the fast because the reason is not reaching the stomach but achieving nutrition which is done by these injections.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan by Coccoh(f): 12:19am On Jun 03, 2017
Organs:

Yes you can brush your teeth with paste and water. Remember what can spoil your fast is anything going down the throat "INTENTIONALLY", if you brush to keep your teeth clean and to have fresh breadth, understand that is your intention and if anything should go down the throat unintentionally, you are fine, Allah knows best.

Fine, It does not break the fast because it does not reach the stomach, but it is better for a person not to use it except after breaking the fast. One can even use the Miswak or the brush without the toothpaste. Allah knows the best.
Re: Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan by hideraoluwa(f): 4:44am On Jun 03, 2017
Omotaday:
I just want to say "Salam Alaykum"
Walaykum Salam!
Re: Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan by madridguy(m): 5:32am On Jun 03, 2017
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan by Organs(m): 12:48pm On Jun 05, 2017
Mofpearl:

I won't respond to him any longer. I have said salam to him.

MOFPEARL: I have been away and i am just seeing all these now two things you should be aware of: 1. I have attended ISNA conventions where this particular topic was discussed with so many examples especially as it pertains to some muslim majority countries where they request for marriage certificate prior to allowing a male and female to book or reserve hotel rooms. This is not prevalent to Nigeria alone and it does not mean all those in Nigeria are myopic, no, that is not what i meant, i am specifically talking about the answer you gave and i know if you're in business, you cannot deny a paying customer service else your business will be closed due to legitimate litigation charges for discrimination. Also, our communal living which is a beautiful thing with so many positive values to it also comes with challenges where your answer for example is possible because it might be based on the fact that you know the individual as a muslim and that he/she should be observing saum. Also, i see a lot of pretence because things are "forced". There are so many masajids that are looking for imams, all over the USA and they dont want a muslim Imam that grew up all their life from Karachi, Hyderabad, Jordan, sudan (applies to Nigeria as well) etc because of so many things i dont have the time to discuss at length here but it all boils down to "context" and audience. Just last week i asked my good friend in NIGERIA about what a muslim can do if he doesnt fast in Ramadaan. This is because i see and encounter lots of muslims that are not fasting with bizarre excuses like, you know i am a Director here and i cant afford not to brush my teeth, or i am amongst Christians so its somehow if i am not eating at the graduation dinner, or a lunch meeting, or oops i forgot, or its too long 3a.m till 8.30 p.m etc, as well as so many others that has left the faith just because of rulings applied wrongly not looking at the circumstances or situations. 2. I see the other brother saying you should not "dignify me with a reply" Subhana Allah, in Ramadaan Well, i remind you of patience and of even trying to understand the other persons viewpoint or where the other person is coming from or more clarity that might lead to better understanding. Conclusively, this is ramadaan and Insha allah i need all the hassanat therein so i sincerely apologise for whatever i said that might be offensive to you. May Allah guide us all aright, ameen.
Re: Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan by Organs(m): 12:55pm On Jun 05, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Shhhhh...... You don't know how to say things......and this is why you've been embarrassing yourself since, and also, you don't understand simple things despite your stay in USA, what a shame

Ramadaan Kareem. This is Ramadaan, i remind you of "SABR" patience in Ramadaan.
Re: Things That Do NOT Break The Fast - Ramadan by Organs(m): 3:52pm On Jun 05, 2017
Coccoh:

Fine, It does not break the fast because it does not reach the stomach, but it is better for a person not to use it except after breaking the fast. One can even use the Miswak or the brush without the toothpaste. Allah knows the best.

Coccoh, good point you said "its better..... how about someone with dry mouth fasting amongst Christians on a fast paced project having high profile collaboration meetings daily?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? / Please, What Does Ramadan Kareem Mean? / These Verses Affirm Tolerance and forbid unjust killings Towards Non-muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.