Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Love Hiccups - Literature (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Hiccups (865462 Views)

Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week / Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week / Introducing Top 10 Stories Of The Week ( Nomination Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (143) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Hiccups by Folasima(f): 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2017
Breakfast was 6:15, lunch was12:01, awaiting dinner update. Welldone KWest, thanks for keeping me company.
Re: Love Hiccups by 1marking(m): 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2017
Waiting 4more updates madam kim
Re: Love Hiccups by Nickibeauty(f): 10:19pm On Jul 09, 2017
Folasima:
Breakfast was 6:15, lunch was12:01, awaiting dinner update. Welldone KWest, thanks for keeping me company.
Wow am sure you do keep to time
Re: Love Hiccups by Folasima(f): 10:32pm On Jul 09, 2017
Nickibeauty:
Wow am sure you do keep to time

Am volunteering to be her bodyguard, anybody wey want read unposted update.... Make I no waste grammar, just lemme cash u.
cool cool cool
Re: Love Hiccups by Ayomicome(m): 10:41pm On Jul 09, 2017
KimberlyWest:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thanks sis.

But as for Ken, Vicky is not ready to forgive yet, neither am I.
I know we gonna have to forgive him sooner or later but let him pay a little longer......Am not ready to forgive too jare
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 09, 2017
Cont'd.

Ken parked his car outside Queen's apartment with mixed emotions; happy and sad, happy because he finally found his wife and also sad because he didn't know the kind of reaction to expect from her.

In any case, he still wished to get a positive reaction from her.

He knocked gently on the door of the two bedroom apartment.

''Yes'' He heard his wife answer from within and he lept inwardly with Joy.

Finally, he got to hear that lovely voice again!

''Who's there'' she asked.

He didn't know if he should answer or not, he was just at lost on what to do.

He had been careful not to honk when he arrived the apartment.

''Who's there?'' she asked again.

He opened his mouth to talk but he couldn't get any word out, the words seems to be stuck in his throat.

''Queenie, come and check your door, I don't know who's knocking'' Her voice rang from within and he was relieved to an extent that Queen was at home.

Atleast she would be of help, if things got out of hand.

He heard footseps approaching the door and he shut his eyes, expecting the worse

''You?'' he heard Queen say and immediately his eyelids fluttered open.

''Who's there?'' He heard Vicky say and the next moment she was standing before him.

''Ken'' she called out in disbelief, she couldn't believe her eyes, he has lost so much weight and his eyes were like that of someone who hasn't slept for almost a year.

''Vicky'' he called out akwardly.

While in the car, he had rehearsed and re-rehearsed everything that he would say to her but seeing her before him in flesh and body, made his brain go blank.

''What are you doing here?'' Vicky asked frowning.

''I-uh...

''And how did you find me?'' she asked harshly.

''Vick...

''Don't Vicky me, Just get the hell out of here'' she commanded and turned to leave.

''Vicky'' Queen called softly.

''And you too Queen don't call my name, I know you're behind this'' she said and hissed.

Queen opened the door fully and stepped aside to allow Ken in.

''Sweetheart'' He called after his wife who was already walking away.

She spun around and faced him with anger ''Ken, don't let me curse you this morning, don't let me curse you Ken'' she said and eyed him.

He immediately went on his knees ''Sweetheart, I am so sorry, let's just forget all this and move on'' he said with tears already forming in his eyes.

''Ken, don't make me laugh, get out'' she nodded towards the door ''Kath, your sweetheart is somewhere waiting for you'' she replied and left for the Kitchen.

He knelt down confused and disappointed, he didn't know what else to do again.

Luckily, she soon re-appeared holding a plate containing groundnut and sat opposite where he was and began eating it without even looking at him.

Ken looked at Queen and she urged him on with a nod.

He stood up and moved closer to her.

''Sweethe...

''Ken, if those your adulterous hands touch me, I will commit murder'' she warned and shifted away from him.

''I'm so sorry Vicky, I still love you more than anything'' he pleaded with tears streaking down his cheeks.

''I hate you Ken'' She yelled and shot him a muderous look.

''This groundnut just turned sour, all because of one person'' she muttered angrily and hissed.

''Swee...

She used her leg to push him aside and passed without saying a word to him.

When she got away from him she laughed and all eyes turned to her.

''Please, sign those divorce papers, I need to move on with my life'' she said with a smile.

''Move on?'' Ken asked sniffing.

''Yes! move on'' she said with widened eyes and a mock-grin ''Or do you think that someone out there won't admire me because I'm pregnant'' she said and laughed loudly.

At those words, Ken ran up to her and tried to hold her, but she pushed him away and he almost came crashing on the dinning table.

''Enemy of progress sign the divorce papers and let me move forward'' she yelled as she hurried into the kitchen.

''Vicky, Please forgive him'' Queen said to Vicky who was already walking towards the room.

''Queen, If you want to share him with Kath then you can have him'' Vicky replied laughing in mockery.

''Sweetheart, I am sorry'' Ken apologized again even though he knew it was a lost cause as she was already walking away.

''Sorry for yourself, Just know that I will never, ever forgive you, I forgave you once and I won't do it the second time, I'm not God'' she shouted and he heard a loud bang---signalling that she has entered the room and shut the door.

More sweats popped out on his wrinkled brows and he held his breath as he began contemplating suicide--to end it all.

There's no possible way he would stay alive and watch her move on with another man while carrying his baby.

''Noooooooo!'' he screamed and his knees buckled as he crashed to the floor with a loud thud.

Tbc.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 09, 2017
Folasima:

Dinner is ready Princess.

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by LilySopi(f): 11:08pm On Jul 09, 2017
I'v bib waiting for this. oh! I can now HV a sound sleep. thanks n HV a wonderful night rest
Re: Love Hiccups by mamindy(f): 11:08pm On Jul 09, 2017
KimberlyWest:

sorry princess, I started eating without you. I had it while its fresh and hot
Re: Love Hiccups by Toyin223(f): 11:09pm On Jul 09, 2017
Ken Dont Kill Yourself She Will Come Back To U
Re: Love Hiccups by LilySopi(f): 11:10pm On Jul 09, 2017
I'v bin waiting for this. I can now have a sound sleep. Thanks and have a wonderful night rest.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 09, 2017
LilySopi:
I'v bib waiting for this. oh! I can now HV a sound sleep. thanks n HV a wonderful night rest

Thanks sis and you too.

But you can check for an early update tomorrow morning. I still have about 2 updates left to type between now and 6AM.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 09, 2017
Toyin223:
Ken Dont Kill Yourself She Will Come Back To U

Are you begging him?

He should Kill himself if he wants.

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 09, 2017
mamindy:

sorry princess, I started eating without you. I had it while its fresh and hot
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Love Hiccups by LilySopi(f): 11:14pm On Jul 09, 2017
[quote author=KimberlyWest post=58297133]

Thanks sis and you too.

But you can check for an early update tomorrow morning. I still have about 2 updates left to type between now and 6AM.[/quot

Sure thing, I will
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 09, 2017
Ayomicome:

I know we gonna have to forgive him sooner or later but let him pay a little longer......Am not ready to forgive too jare

''Thumbs up''

That makes the two of us.

I'm not also ready to forgive atleast not yet.
Re: Love Hiccups by Toyin223(f): 11:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
KimberlyWest:

Are you begging him?

He should Kill himself if he wants.
Wen He Was Fucking Dat Mad Girl He Dont Knw It Will Turn To Dis
Re: Love Hiccups by LilySopi(f): 11:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
KimberlyWest:

''Thumbs up''

That makes the two of us.

I'm not also ready to forgive atleast not yet.

Have mercy on Ken pls. where are those two guys in love. hope to hear from them soon
Re: Love Hiccups by Nickibeauty(f): 11:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
KimberlyWest:

Thanks sis and you too.

But you can check for an early update tomorrow morning. I still have about 2 updates left to type between now and 6AM.
Thanks for the update dear am sure folasima will watch over you when tying

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by Toyin223(f): 11:19pm On Jul 09, 2017
KIMBERLYWEST Pls Am Looking For PamelB Let Her Nd See Me I Want To Sleep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Hiccups by cygemeks(m): 11:41pm On Jul 09, 2017
KimberlyWest, you really are a great writer...had to drop a comment at least. Keep up the good work. Your fans dey your back!!

Sliding back to ghostmode...
Re: Love Hiccups by Ochyglowsglows(f): 11:53pm On Jul 09, 2017
Well done Kim. I'm following u like ants follow sugar.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 1:16am On Jul 10, 2017
Cont'd.

K.C couldn't stop smiling when he ended the call.

Dami had called to thank him for the gifts and the way she screamed about the two million naira made his head swell.

''Witch'' he murmured as soon as his phone began ringing again.

''Hello Maryann'' he answered.

''Have you proposed yet?'' she asked and the question threw him off balance.

''Proposed?? To...to who?' he stuttered.

''When you asked me about a suitable gift for a woman, I thought you were about to propose to your imaginary girlfriend'' she replied laughing.

''Maryann, what do you want?''

''Mary and I will return in two weeks''

''And so?''

''So, I need food to be able to survive in that two weeks and obviously I can't get food without money''

He thought as much! Money as usual.

He wondered what she does with all the money.

''Maryann, how much do you need'' he asked sighing.

''Atleast thirty thousand dollars''

''wow, hold it there, that's equivalent to...

''I didn't asked you to convert it for me, I can do the maths myself, Just send the money for me'' she replied rudely and added ''For Mary too''

''No, thanks, ask dad''

''Your mates are already having kids and catering for them and c'mon 30 thousand you are making it sound like a big deal''

''Go and get a husband that will give you such amount'' he taunted.

''I know you will send it to me'' she replied laughing ''And please get a wife as soon as possible, I'm tired of being the only one pestering you'' she replied and ended the call before he got the chance to tell her about Rachel, the smaller version of her.

He tossed the phone aside and laid down, pondering on what she said about his mates having Kids and catering for them.

And the thought of having those little ones around, jumping and turning every thing upside down made him smile.

Not that he hates kids, he only hates marriage.

Nate was in the room with Jane when her mum woke up.

Luckily, he had gone out earlier to freshen up and get food for both of them knowing he won't be able to go home untill he is sure that Jane is alright.

When she saw her mum she smiled for the first time since he walked into the hospital

In a split second, she was already by her mum's side.

''Mum'' she called out.

''My daughter, how are you?'' the woman asked weakly.

''I'm fine mum, I'm glad you're okay'' Jane said, smiling like a baby who just got her favourite candy.

''I'm okay Ada' the woman replied and brushed Jane's hair away from her face with her frail hands.

Nate coughed and she turned to him.

''Good evening ma'' he greeted politely.

The woman gave her daughter a questioning look but Jane smiled and hugged her mum.

''Evening my son, how are you?'' she asked still very weak,

''I'm fine''

''Mum, this is Nate my former boss''

''Current'' he said through gritted teeth.

They had earlier on, talked about the resignation and she told him that her reason for taking up the job in the first place was to help with her mother's hospital bill but now that her mum is sick and dying, the money is no longer needed rather her mum needs her presence more than any other thing.

''My son thanks for coming'' the woman said with a barely audible voice.

''Jane is actually a good friend and what affects her, affects me'' he said and winked at Jane.

He wasn't sure anymore if those were mere lines or if he actually meant them.

''Mum, get up so you can eat'' Jane said, reaching for the flask of food that Princess had earlier brought to the hospital before returning home.

''My daughter, Ada'm, all those things are not necessary, I'm already a dead woman'' The woman replied painfully and Jane held unto her hand like her life deepened on it.

''Mum'' Jane called out, sobbing.

''Adaeze, don't worry about me'' the woman replied and gave her a weak smile and she began crying again while holding unto her mum who was also shedding tears.

Nate leaned on the wall, watching everything and when he couldn't take it anymore, he went over to Jane and pulled her up into a soothing embrace

He held unto her tightly without minding if her mum was watching or not, all he wanted, was for her to feel better.

Ken finally entered the house at 8PM, after a long afternoon of roaming the whole street of Abuja, trying to come up with a way out of his present predicament but came up with no idea.

If he had known it would end like this, he wouldn't have cheated.

He looked aroud the house and remembered all the times he would come back home late and meet his lovely wife waiting for him to return.

He checked the time and It was already late for the evening news, not like he was interested in the news but it was already a habit.

He brought out his phone and started scrolling carefully.

Even though it was already too late for the evening news, It's never too late to browse it.

A headline caught his attention and he clicked on it curiously.

''Jes...Kath?'' he screamed looking at the phone screen just to be sure he saw the right thing.

Tbc.

7 Likes

Re: Love Hiccups by Ayomicome(m): 1:38am On Jul 10, 2017
Thanks for the update + the suspense.......you're just so good at it.....Bravo.
Re: Love Hiccups by yewande1234(f): 2:01am On Jul 10, 2017
''Jes...Kath?'' he screamed looking at the phone screen just to be sure he saw the right thing.

Tbc.[/quote]i hope kath is dead,cps she deserve it
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 2:05am On Jul 10, 2017
Wow, so long I've been here, Kimberly, I noticed a word in one episode, but I think the word "staff" Cannot be "staffs" rather it should be "staves" .. I hope i'm correct

.. Anyway, you're doing great..*take kiss* grin
Re: Love Hiccups by igit270: 2:18am On Jul 10, 2017
kim kim happy new week, weldone nice update, i was about asking abt kath bfor but anyway boda ken ku ku kill yourself, i dont know y ppl dont know the value of what dey have, aunty vicky i salute dat courage of urs despite in dat condition, anyway wat God has join together let no nairalander put asunder,am not sayng u shld forgve hm yet o but imediately u notice his abt to jump into jabi lake u can forgve him. K.c k.c weldone sir *falz voice#
Re: Love Hiccups by ladySuperb(f): 5:30am On Jul 10, 2017
Thanks Kim for the updates!!!
Re: Love Hiccups by Folasima(f): 6:03am On Jul 10, 2017
KimberlyWest:

I slept hungry, but my breakfast na double double. Thanks sis
Re: Love Hiccups by Lleigh(f): 8:13am On Jul 10, 2017
KimberlyWest please check your email thanks
Re: Love Hiccups by bummybummy(f): 8:16am On Jul 10, 2017
I feel ur pains Ken, don't worry I pray for u ova night dat God should touch vicky's heart nd for the health of jane's mum
Re: Love Hiccups by Dessydemmy: 8:29am On Jul 10, 2017
Hnnmmm!!! medicine after death, my dear brother the deed has been done. I don't support divorce but I believe in true repentance, let him pay for his deeds and as for Kath I just hope she has not started updating things about her and Micheal sha? Queen is a wonderful friend and I believe in her too. To my wonderful writer; God bless you my love(I no be lesbian o) the sisterly love sha grin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (143) (Reply)

Black Maria / United In Betrayal / IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.