Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,770 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Love Hiccups - Literature (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Hiccups (866137 Views)

Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week / Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week / Introducing Top 10 Stories Of The Week ( Nomination Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (143) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Hiccups by SlimBae(f): 12:56pm On Jul 09, 2017
U are welcome
KimberlyWest:

Thanks alot dear.
Re: Love Hiccups by gtin(m): 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2017
KimberlyWest please make sure u don't kill Jane's mother oh
Re: Love Hiccups by Kimkardashain(f): 1:25pm On Jul 09, 2017
KimberlyWest:

cheesy cheesy grin grin Ogini?
What did i do now? cheesy
cum and update oh, and make vicky punish ken and kath
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2017
Love you're something else..unimaginable
Re: Love Hiccups by Emperor380(m): 1:40pm On Jul 09, 2017
Mum is always the bomb...dropping it back to back.... mummy I no fit shout oo.

Oya Nate try ur best to rescue Jane's mother pls.

Ken goodluck with ur adventure... I hope u don't find it easy
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 09, 2017
Cont'd

''Nurse, please where is Doctor Williams office?'' Nate asked one of the nurse who was at the reception.

''Over there'' she pointed and busied herself with what she was writing before he interrupted.

He followed the direction she pointed and easily located the office.

Luckily, the doctor was just coming out of his office with a file and a stethoscope in his hands.

''Good day sir'' Nate greeted.

''Good day'' the doctor replied and gave him a look that says Do-I-Know you?

''Are you doctor williams?'' he politely asked the grey-haired man.

''Yes!'' he nodded ''How can I help you?''

''Sir I'm Nathaniel and I came in respect of the woman in room...room'' he racked his brain trying to remember the room number, he only got a glimpse of it and didn't take it seriously and in a hurry to meet with the doctor, he forgot to re-check the room's number ''one Mrs Omeje'' He finally said after few thoughtful seconds.

''Oh! The woman in room 75?'' the doctor asked.

''yes'' he nodded, even though he wasn't sure of the room number.

''Alright, come in'' the doctor gave way and ushered him in.

Nate muttered ''Thank you'' as he entered.

''So, who are you to her?'' Doctor Williams asked as soon as they got seated.

''I'm a family friend'' he replied, he didn't want to reveal his true identity for fear that the doctor might withhold some vital information from him.

''Are you aware she has cancer? breast cancer precisel?'' the doctor asked with his hand supporting his Jaw.

Nate nodded ''Yes, I'm aware of that''

''Alright'' The doctor opened his drawer and brought out some patients file and he searched and searched until he got to the one marked ''Mrs Theresa Omeje''

''She's been battling with breast cancer for the past 9 years'' The doctor informed Nate while looking at the file.

That information made Nate heart pound erratically in his chest.

''The cancer is already at the metastatic stage'' The doctor informed once more, still looking down at the file.

Metastatic stage?

Earlier on, Princess said something like that and he had been too distracted to ask her the meaning.

''Sir'' Nate called out and he raised his head up to look at him.

''Any problem?'' The doctor asked. concerned.

''No, It's just that I would like you to throw more light on that---That metastatic stuff''

The doctor nodded knowingly and closed the file.

''The advanced stage of metastatic breat cancer is the final stage of breast cancer and it's a stage where the cancer has spread to other parts of the body, possibly the lymph node, liver, Skin, bones or even the brain'' He explained carefully to Nate who was nodded all through.

Nate exhaled, finally, the question he came to ask ''Can she still recover?''

The doctor relaxed on his chair with his eyes still meeting Nate's.

''Young man, Cancer is not terminal when it's detected early, that's why there are campaigns and enlightment on how to check for it, In her case...'' he exhaled and kept quiet.

''In her case, what?'' Nate prompted.

''In her case, it's wasn't detected on time, it was already at the second stage before it was detected'' The doctor replied looking pained and Nate wondered when doctor's started showing any emotion.

''So, nothing can be done to save her life now?'' Nate asked and held his breath, praying and wishing he would not say 'nothing'

''Nothing'' the doctor replied and Nate let out a long breath.

''What If I take her to a private hospital or even take her abroad for treatment?'' he asked, his eyes already getting moisty again which wasn't a manly thing to do.

''Young man, who haven't been lazying around waiting for her to die, we've tried chemotherapy and radiation but none seem to work, The number of cancerous cells have already overpowered the normal and functioning cells''

As the reality dawned on him, he just couldn't help but wish that it was one of his enemies that was down with cancer and not Jane's mother.

''Like how many months does she have left to live?'' he prompted impatiently.

''Days!'' the doctor corrected and his eyes widened in shock and in surprise.

''Days?'' Nate asked again like he didn't hear the first time.

''Yes, days and It's less than a week, the cancer has already spread through out her whole body systems, organs and tissues''

''Thanks doctor'' he replied and stood up to leave, he didn't know for how long he would be able to stay again and listen to the doctor's painful words.

He has been in Jane's shoe before and he knows what it feels like and the pain that comes with it, when his lovely maternal grandmother died of cancer also, the trauma almost landed him in an asylum.

The sorrows and anguish of watching your loved one and knowing that they have little time to live is quite disheartening and traumatizing.

Sadness filled him entirely.

Then and there, outside the doctor's office, he vowed to stand by Jane no matter what happens as long as he still breathes..

Tbc.

''N

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Hiccups by yhungbrowhne(m): 2:15pm On Jul 09, 2017
This is a great story sis but u will do me some help
find me one wife for NL
Re: Love Hiccups by gtin(m): 2:16pm On Jul 09, 2017
KimberlyWest:

Then and there, outside the doctor's office, he vowed to stand by Jane no matter what happens as long as he still breathes..
And that's how there romance will start
Re: Love Hiccups by 1marking(m): 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hmm nice update madam kim
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 09, 2017
Emperor380:
Mum is always the bomb...dropping it back to back.... mummy I no fit shout oo.

Oya Nate try ur best to rescue Jane's mother pls.

Ken goodluck with ur adventure... I hope u don't find it easy

cheesy cheesy
Thanks cutie.
Re: Love Hiccups by Orlolahdey(f): 2:35pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hmmm...love in d air Nice story dear..wehdone ma
Re: Love Hiccups by Kimkardashain(f): 2:40pm On Jul 09, 2017
awwwn jane sorry baby........
Re: Love Hiccups by pweetymhi(f): 2:42pm On Jul 09, 2017
KimberlyWest:

Awwww...Sweetie, Thanks alot.
And a Happy Sunday to you.
I hope i am welcome o
Re: Love Hiccups by stephenGee12(m): 3:04pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hadampson:
M4 would be okay

I was thinking a remington wud do
Re: Love Hiccups by marianneada(f): 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2017
Kim, u just made me cry, i feel sorry for Jane, pls Vicky shouldn't forgive that stupid Ken yet, he needs to suffer more to learn his lessons. smiley
Re: Love Hiccups by rachealfst(f): 3:39pm On Jul 09, 2017
Adesina12:
This is love

The real love

I am worry If these stupid friends understand what love mean
*King of love* Hmm....so you recognize real love. Good for you.
@Dear KimberlyWest, every update impress me. I love the smooth ride. Well done, more strength.
Please o, Ken is sorry, pls Vicky should forgive him, he's a good man and he won't do it again, I'm sure of that.

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by nabla(f): 4:30pm On Jul 09, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]Kimberly y Na,I don't want Jane mum to die o embarassedKimberly y Na,I don't want Jane mum to die o
Re: Love Hiccups by testimony1089(m): 5:03pm On Jul 09, 2017
Kimberly Bauer sowi Kimberly West!!! Really pushed by ur beautiful work to have my first comment on nairaland stories.... Ur story almost mirror my experience...
Re: Love Hiccups by yungeez(m): 5:36pm On Jul 09, 2017
m jst laughing at dese boy (kc nd nate) dey are falling inluv bt dey are denying it, well let me c hw long dey would b able 2 resist, and as 4 ken, amadihoha fall on u
Re: Love Hiccups by yungeez(m): 5:42pm On Jul 09, 2017
rachealfst:
@Dear KimberlyWest, every update impress me. I love the smooth ride. Well done, more strength.
Please o, Ken is sorry, pls Vicky should forgive him, he's a good man and he won't do it again, I'm sure of that.
vicky shouldnt 4give him, at least nt yet, evans is still in prision, let her wait a little, after his release so dat we cn deal wit him....we no he is a gud man, bt he needs 2 pay

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 09, 2017
yungeez:

vicky shouldnt 4give him, at least nt yet, evans is still in prision, let her wait a little, after his release so dat we cn deal wit him....we no he is a gud man, bt he needs 2 pay

shocked
Re: Love Hiccups by darloseh(f): 6:32pm On Jul 09, 2017
wow,ur story always make my day,standin ovation just for u
Re: Love Hiccups by Akinwale14(m): 7:09pm On Jul 09, 2017
Nice story
Re: Love Hiccups by Nickibeauty(f): 9:33pm On Jul 09, 2017
yungeez:

You bad ooo
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 09, 2017
yhungbrowhne:
This is a great story sis but u will do me some help

find me one wife for NL

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

All my NL sisters don marry o.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 09, 2017
1marking:
Hmm nice update madam kim
cheesy cheesy
Thanks oga Mark.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 09, 2017
Orlolahdey:
Hmmm...love in d air Nice story dear..wehdone ma
Thanks sweetie.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 09, 2017
darloseh:
wow,ur story always make my day,standin ovation just for u

Thanks sis.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 09, 2017
pweetymhi:
I hope i am welcome o
You are welcome dear.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 09, 2017
marianneada:
Kim, u just made me cry, i feel sorry for Jane, pls Vicky shouldn't forgive that stupid Ken yet, he needs to suffer more to learn his lessons. smiley

Uh-oh! Please don't cry anymore.

''Hands Tissue paper over to her''

As for Ken, that one--e case dey God hand.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 09, 2017
rachealfst:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thanks sis.

But as for Ken, Vicky is not ready to forgive yet, neither am I.

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
testimony1089:
Kimberly Bauer sowi Kimberly West!!! Really pushed by ur beautiful work to have my first comment on nairaland stories.... Ur story almost mirror my experience...

Are you still watching 24 cuz i already finished season 9 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Awwww...Thanks for the comment.

grin grin

whenever you're ready to share or talk about the experience just know I'm a good listener cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (143) (Reply)

Black Maria / United In Betrayal / IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.