Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Have I Lost Out Of This UN Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have I Lost Out Of This UN Job? (1911 Views)

This Was How I Lost A Bank Job Opportunity Yesterday . I Hope It Helps Someone. / Nairalander's Application For UN Job / Latest UN Job Recruitment (4 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have I Lost Out Of This UN Job? by pimper24: 3:36am On May 31, 2017
I just want to ask some questions concerning a test I wrote with a UN agency sometime last year.

After writing the test, I was contacted a week later, though via phone call to prepare for interview and to fill and submit the P11 form. I submitted the p11 form and just as I was preparing for the interview, I was contacted again and told that the interview was postponed, new date to be communicated later.

I waited for what looked like eternity, yet no information. I visited the office and managed to get a sketchy information that the to-be interview crew all traveled to Vienna due to some pressing security situation in our country then. I continued waiting with high hopes and communicating some candidates that wrote the test with me (2 that I managed to get their numbers) and none said they were contacted.

In April, this year, I wrote an email to same people that contacted me for test as they no longer pick my calls. Till date, I have got no replies and neither have UN written me a regret letter to close this chapter.

I am just wondering what happened.
Re: Have I Lost Out Of This UN Job? by aieromon(m): 6:26am On May 31, 2017
pimper24:

I just want to ask you some questions concerning a test I wrote with a UN agency sometime last year.

After writing the test, I was contacted a week later, though via phone call to prepare for interview and to fill and submit the P11 form. I submitted the p11 form and just as I was preparing for the interview, I was contacted again and told that the interview was postponed, new date to be communicated later.

I waited for what looked like eternity, yet no information. I visited the office and managed to get a sketchy information that the to-be interview crew all traveled to Vienna due to some pressing security situation in our country then. I continued waiting with high hopes and communicating some candidates that wrote the test with me (2 that I managed to get their numbers) and none said they were contacted.

In April, this year, I wrote an email to same people that contacted me for test as they no longer pick my calls. Till date, I have got no replies and neither have UN written me a regret letter to close this chapter.

I suggest you remain calm and wait until you get a response from them. Most of the positions advertised by these agencies are usually subject to availability of funding.

1 Like

Re: Have I Lost Out Of This UN Job? by Nobody: 7:18am On May 31, 2017
First and foremost, abeg how una take dey apply for all these UN jobs?

3 Likes

Re: Have I Lost Out Of This UN Job? by faith123456(f): 7:53am On May 31, 2017
Where did you write it? At ubeji right, I work there too, we did not forget you OK, the problem was that Okowa allowed the UN to go, there by turning the program into fully government oriented program, no more UN. That is what we are dealing with now, (it is well Okowa) God would see is through, Thanks
Re: Have I Lost Out Of This UN Job? by hillsway(m): 8:12am On May 31, 2017
pimper24:
I just want to ask some questions concerning a test I wrote with a UN agency sometime last year.

bring such news to NL, wouldn't only cost you the job but also .............. filling the gap...still typing.
Re: Have I Lost Out Of This UN Job? by dedons: 8:15am On May 31, 2017
So you applied in secret and came to wail in the open.
Hit like if you think he should be ignored.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have I Lost Out Of This UN Job? by Raincolour(f): 8:23am On May 31, 2017
dedons:

grin lolz.
Forgive the Op o.
But I will like to know how you applied, Op.
Re: Have I Lost Out Of This UN Job? by dedons: 9:02am On May 31, 2017
Raincolour:

grin lolz.
Forgive the Op o.
But I will like to know how you applied, Op.
I'll forgive him for your sake my Queen.

Would like to know you better.

1 Like

Re: Have I Lost Out Of This UN Job? by lalasticlala(m): 10:58am On May 31, 2017
dedons:

Hahahaha. Choi!!!

6 Likes

Re: Have I Lost Out Of This UN Job? by jd1986(m): 11:12am On May 31, 2017
lalasticlala:

Hahahaha. Choi!!!
lalasticlala grin grin
Re: Have I Lost Out Of This UN Job? by number5(m): 11:46am On May 31, 2017
lalasticlala:

Hahahaha. Choi!!!

So lalasticlala too dey comment for ppl post shocked

He even laughs too shocked shocked shocked

I thought he is a robot na.

Re: Have I Lost Out Of This UN Job? by AlwaysUltraPad: 11:50am On May 31, 2017
Don't show desperation. If they need you, they'd call you.
Re: Have I Lost Out Of This UN Job? by AlwaysUltraPad: 11:53am On May 31, 2017
number5:

lala was an ordinary member who dished out celebrity related stories here before his elevation to supermod. He can comment too.
Re: Have I Lost Out Of This UN Job? by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 31, 2017
Before I will help you, post the link/format you used to apply.
Re: Have I Lost Out Of This UN Job? by YOUNGKAHUNA: 2:25pm On May 31, 2017
dedons:

LOL
Re: Have I Lost Out Of This UN Job? by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 01, 2017
LastMumu:
First and foremost, abeg how una take dey apply for all these UN jobs?
How you go know. No be attempted uni, you get again?
Re: Have I Lost Out Of This UN Job? by Freeman59: 9:54am On Jun 01, 2017
dedons:

Some of you are just daft and unbelievably jealous.
Re: Have I Lost Out Of This UN Job? by dedons: 10:06am On Jun 01, 2017
Freeman59:

Some of you are just daft and unbelievably jealous.
while some of you are just stupid and senseless.
Re: Have I Lost Out Of This UN Job? by dedons: 10:07am On Jun 01, 2017
number5:

guy, na wa for you o.

(1) (Reply)

Centres For Neco Coordination In Lagos / Management Trainee From Media Fuse Dentsu Aegis / SILVERLINE CONSULT Any Info About Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.