Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Atm Fraud - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Atm Fraud (868 Views)

How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? / EFCC Arrests Syndicate Behind ATM Fraud - Reveals How ATM Cards Are Cloned / Interswitch ATM Fraud Alert! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atm Fraud by neyyo: 10:37pm On Jan 17, 2010
My Dad had his december pension salary withdrawn from his UBA account, thanks to ATM fraudsters. Please what do you advice on;

1. How to recover the money, which has being fruitless so far and
2. How to prevent future occurence.

Thanks, Best regards
Re: Atm Fraud by smoothine: 5:33pm On Jan 19, 2010
get in touch with a lawyer .let him write them and sue them both for the money and also damages.
Re: Atm Fraud by innomaria: 1:07am On Jan 21, 2010
Your father must have unknowinly divulged his pin number to a second party. Contrally to the advice that says you should sue the bank, your Dad should rather change his Pin from the previous one he was using (i.e. if the fraudstar had not done it already);i am assuming that the card is in his possession. Secondly, your Dad should report to his Bank and request for the video footage taken by the atm machine's camera where the fraud was perpatrated. This advise is on the premise that the bank issued your Dad an atm card ab initio, otherwise he can hold the Bank liable for his loses.Meanwhile, if your Dad is still with d atm card while the fraud was going on,then his account shoul be 'debit-frozen' by his bank if he could not change the pin any longer but if the atm card is still missing, then he should advice his bank to 'hotlist' the card.
Re: Atm Fraud by innomaria: 1:16am On Jan 21, 2010
Your father must have unknowinly divulged his pin number to a second party. Contrally to the advice that says you should sue the bank, your Dad should rather change his Pin from the previous one he was using (i.e. if the fraudstar had not done it already);i am assuming that the card is in his possession. Secondly, your Dad should report to his Bank and request for the video footage taken by the atm machine's camera where the fraud was perpatrated. This advise is on the premise that the bank issued your Dad an atm card ab initio, otherwise he can hold the Bank liable for his loses.Meanwhile, if your Dad is still with d atm card while the fraud was going on,then his account shoul be 'debit-frozen' by his bank if he could not change the pin any longer but if the atm card is still missing, then he should advice his bank to 'hotlist' the card.

(1) (Reply)

New Fraud Technique / Will They Close Bank My Account? / Pms, Ago, Forcardos, Blco, Akwalite, Lpfo Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.