Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,606 members, 7,816,506 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Do Women Change After Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Women Change After Marriage? (9199 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? / Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Women Change After Marriage? by harakiri(m): 3:09am On Jan 18, 2010
Hey all,

I've heard a lot of talk about the real character of a woman never comes out until after marriage and no matter how loving/caring a woman is during the courtship period, all that gets thrown out of the window after the dotted lines are signed.

Is this true for most/all marriages? I'm asking both sexes (male and female).I need answers (especially from the married ones).I'm currently in a serious 3-year relationship with a gorgeous lady and from the look of things, it's headed towards the altar sometime in the near future.I need to know so i can know how to put my guard up when the "metamorphosis" starts setting in.

Thanks in advance.Your replies (both positive and negative are welcome).
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Sissy3(f): 5:25am On Jan 18, 2010
yes many WOMEN AND MEN do change after marriage. some for better and others for worse.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by sexyLeamon(f): 5:36am On Jan 18, 2010
People don't change. Habits do. Attitudes change but characters don't. after marriage, both partners become more themselves. and there is no pretending, all the true colours are out, and that is when true love is put the test.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by samsoft(m): 5:43am On Jan 18, 2010
Yes, that's true that women change but what do you think its appropriate things to do when this happen!!!
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 18, 2010
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by chika98: 9:04am On Jan 18, 2010
Both parties change and become more relaxed. I don't think it is only a woman thing. Changes that happen aren't and shouldn't only have to be bad. Nothing is guaranteed in life you just take that leap of faith and pray that whatever life throws at you. . You both will come out of it strong!

If anything you should be preparing yourself to be the best husband you can be for her.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by beknown(m): 11:55am On Jan 18, 2010
Men and women change after marriage. Whether the change is for the better or for worse is a different matter.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by omar22(m): 11:58am On Jan 18, 2010
Does Kenturkey Fried Chicken taste nice?

YES!!!!!!!!!
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by distincty: 12:02pm On Jan 18, 2010
sexyleamon has said it all, when someone is married he or she relax and the true U is reviled, there is no need to pretend, and also some do change for bad which can happen in both sexes, but my advice is we should be very careful, the truth of the matter is we will change but don't let us change to the extend that people around us will no that ha, this person has change, did u grab me? I LOVE THIS TOPIC
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by wolexojo(m): 12:11pm On Jan 18, 2010
I dey fear oooooooo! cos am about to get hooked and be hooked myself!. I pray we both don't change.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by jcross22: 12:12pm On Jan 18, 2010
LOVE IS NOT BLIND BUT IT BLIND'S PEOPLE IN IT. WHEN TWO OPPOSITE SEX ARE IN LOVE THEY TEND NOT TO NOTICE THE ACTUAL WEAKNESS OF EACH OTHER DUE TO THEY HAVE BEING CARRIED AWAY BY PASSION EITHER BY MAN OR WOMAN. THE TRUE IS THAT YOU CAN,T HIDE YOUR ALTITUDE AND CHARACTER YOU CAN'T, IS IN YOU AND WHAT MAKES WHO AND WHAT YOU ARE BUT IT MIGHT NOT BE NOTICED DUE TO THE POOL OF LOVE WHICH YOU ARE INTO. THE CLUE IS THAT WHENEVER YOU ARE INTO A RELATIONSHIP AND THE AFFECTION IS ON YOU NEVER BE CARRIED WAY , DO NOT LOOSE YOUR SENSES , JUST BE COMPOSE YOU WILL SURELY GET THE FACT OF WHO YOU ARE DEALING WITH.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by kemisuga(f): 12:13pm On Jan 18, 2010
@ - Poster Maybe or Maybe not
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Zimex: 12:18pm On Jan 18, 2010
I have been married for a little over two years and i can tell u that during courtship, expectations are usually very high. Within the first few years of marriage, it would dawn on both parties that your partner is not perfect. I believe that if you can survive the first few years and readjust expectations you can live happily ever after.

Goodluck.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Ojumiii(m): 12:25pm On Jan 18, 2010
The most constant thing in life is change, we all change as our priorities changes day in day out,

equal number change to good and equal number change to bad, it a natural thing.
But in all patient, transparency and friendship are the answer and as you both grow older, you begin to lean many things about your self's and the more you both see your self as one the better, wish you all the best, when the time comes.

I LOVE THIS TOPIC
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 18, 2010
sexyLeamon:

People don't change. Habits do. Attitudes change but characters don't. after marriage, both partners become more themselves. and there is no pretending, all the true colours are out, and that is when true love is put the test.
Gbam!!
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 18, 2010
i don't think people change per se - but circumstances can bring out sides o their personalities that have been suppressed in the past

a lot of loving women can become unbearable if confronted with unending poverty  

a guy who hits that big doe can suddenly morph into a womanizer

a lot of us are not that religious when we are young, but become so as we get older and are hit with life's travails - enter the prayer warrior who is out all night

and so and so forth
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by adeniyi334: 1:18pm On Jan 18, 2010
Yes!!! Depreciation sets in at a geometric progression.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by tglaz(m): 1:44pm On Jan 18, 2010
depends on the individual in question.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by olisa07: 1:55pm On Jan 18, 2010
Worst they are, with power and authority of being married.

Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by otukpo(f): 1:57pm On Jan 18, 2010
All these men/women topics.

Both change cos a lot of things change after marriage.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 18, 2010
oyb:

i don't think people change per se - but circumstances can bring out sides o their personalities that have been suppressed in the past

a lot of loving women can become unbearable if confronted with unending poverty  

a guy who hits that big doe can suddenly morph into a womanizer

a lot of us are not that religious when we are young, but become so as we get older and are hit with life's travails - enter the prayer warrior who is out all night

and so and so forth

Hey look at that . . .  'It' has a brain!   cheesy  cheesy  cheesy tongue

@ Poster:

Oyb has said it all, but I also want to add something.

It's very important to try and encourage honesty in every relationship! Let people express themselves and show who they really are. It means people should try and be a little less judgemental. The more you judge or 'select', the more the lady beside you is trying to be who you want her to be and not who she really is. In the long run, it gets hard to keep up with the 'pretense' . .
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 18, 2010
Ujujoan:

Hey look at that . . .  'It' has a brain!   cheesy  cheesy  cheesy tongue

@ Poster:

Oyb has said it all, but I also want to add something.

It's very important to try and encourage honesty in every relationship! Let people express themselves and show who they really are. It means people should try and be a little less judgemental. The more you judge or 'select', the more the lady beside you is trying to be who you want her to be and not who she really is. In the long run, it gets hard to keep up with the 'pretense' . .

now if only 'it' had landed property to go with the tokubo suv. . . cheesy
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by olisa07: 2:04pm On Jan 18, 2010
Never changes, harch they becomes !
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by faithnnaj: 2:05pm On Jan 18, 2010
Well, maybe we do, especially after birth.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by olisa07: 2:06pm On Jan 18, 2010
no

Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 18, 2010
oyb:

now if only 'it' had landed property to go with the tokubo suv. . . cheesy

LOL  grin   grin  grin

@ Least all my 'intenders' on NL knows that about me. Nobody's gonna accuse me of 'changing' . . .  tongue  cheesy  cheesy
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 18, 2010
^^^^

some fellas may think u have when u start asking for helicopter cheesy
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 18, 2010
^^^^ Hey, people do change with time ya know! So I can wait till five years from the date of 'signing of the contract' to ask for the helicopter! wink cheesy
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by felifeli: 2:26pm On Jan 18, 2010
They don't change AT ALL  grin grin grin
Welcome to the married men's club . Take a cigarette  or a whole pack if you like . You want some whisky too. Hey take a whole bottle. How about an exorcist ?  grin grin grin
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by kanayo74(m): 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2010
women actually change, but every thing depends on the kind o change.
before you people were married u are the centre of attraction, but ones she delivers a baby
he time and everything she thinks of if concentrated on the baby.
not that this is done intentionally but un-intentionally.
POSTER if u want to get married dont be thinking if a woman would change because it will surely happen.
all u have to pray for is that the change is a positive one and that its very constructive  i.e develop her and make her
a better person.

So get married the sooner u can
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by ddiamond(f): 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2010
it all depends.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'it's About Money And Muscles': Men Discuss What It Means To Be A Modern Man / Questions For The Ladies / Lecturer Wants To Sleep With My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.