Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,401 members, 7,954,586 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:46 PM

Office Politics: Must You Play? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Office Politics: Must You Play? (7016 Views)

How Do I Deal With Office Politics? / 7 Proven Ways To Play Office Politics! / 3 Ways To Deal With People Who Play Office Politics Against You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Office Politics: Must You Play? by Codyt(m): 8:24am On Jun 01, 2017
Lusola15:
Read my lips, if you want to grow in Nigerian setting you must play office politics
Which Yeye Lips be that?

1 Like

Re: Office Politics: Must You Play? by lonelydora: 8:56am On Jun 01, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
angry
Yes you must ooo...

Either through eye service , gifts or bottom-power

If not..
You'd be more marginalized than the SouthEast in that office.

Politics is life

The bolded and Backstabbing is just what I hate in my life. My holy book said "a brother that sows discord among brethren is an abomination to God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Office Politics: Must You Play? by Diplomaticbeing(m): 9:04am On Jun 01, 2017
Office politics just like conventional politics is mandatory - everyone gets involved in it either knowingly or unknowingly. Meanwhile, only those who plays politics based on principle rather than expediency always laugh last. . . Even though, this route is always slow at the beginning and majority, including your uninformed superiors, will be against you at such early stage, but don't worry because you must surely laugh last. As the saying goes manipulators lose credibility diplomats gain it.

Those who play on principle has smartness as their chief weapon while those why play on expediency has perfidiousness (lie and treachery) as their chief weapon.

One major hallmark of all smart people is that they never tell lies but they can be dishonest sometimes. Every liar is a dishonest person but not all dishonest people are liars. . . Don't mistake diplomacy for lie.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Office Politics: Must You Play? by patosky3310(m): 9:14am On Jun 01, 2017
Office politics is the reason why I have no friend in my workplace talk less of involvement in sexual relationship. It is so because I will not like to share the negativity of a workplace friend against another co-worker.
Re: Office Politics: Must You Play? by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 01, 2017
cyndyzuriks:
Negative politics can be destructive. Imagine if everyone actually screws over everyone just to get ahead, the workplace would be a mess, full of strife and hate. You must not play dirty in order to have a successful career.

The emboldened is actually what happens in most Nigerian companies! Dirty politics!

"they trample on another man, just to be elevated"-----2face idibia

My advice is: don't join them in office politics, but watch your back and be smart! Mind your own business and do your job diligently. This has helped me a lot in life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Office Politics: Must You Play? by nnacent(m): 10:37am On Jun 01, 2017
austinosita:

The emboldened is actually what happens in most Nigerian companies! Dirty politics!

"they trample on another man, just to be elevated"-----2face idibia

My advice is: don't join them in office politics, but watch your back and be smart! Mind your own business and do your job diligently. This has helped me a lot in life

The bolded is a reliable safe haven for me. Office politics in our context(treachery, eye service and backstabbing) thrives on silence and ignorance. for me, you can play all you want, but if you bring it to my side, i will open your game such that even all your friends will steer clear.

2 Likes

Re: Office Politics: Must You Play? by TRAY2(m): 10:43am On Jun 01, 2017
Civil service is the headquarters of Office politics, a lot of eye service.

1 Like

Re: Office Politics: Must You Play? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 01, 2017
nnacent:

The bolded is a reliable safe haven for me. Office politics in our context(treachery, eye service and backstabbing) thrives on silence and ignorance. for me, you can play all you want, but if you bring it to my side, i will open your game such that even all your friends will steer clear.

Fantastic smiley
Re: Office Politics: Must You Play? by Emanodimo(m): 8:10pm On Jun 01, 2017
Using the Causation theory, carrot and stick approach, Set-up Committee, Substitution by elimination theory, Bismarck diplomacy are all available.

The book titled "48 Laws of Power " will guide you in your journey..

You Will surely hurt someone on your way to the top.. Nature makes that happens.

All in all, with divine wisdom and discretion u can play that office politics safely...
Re: Office Politics: Must You Play? by dataideas: 11:15am On Nov 10, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uber Appoints New GM For West Africa / What Re The Requirements For Obtaining Citn Certification With Aca Certification / 5 Emails Every Marketer Should Send

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.