Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,143 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

The Biafranized Nigeria And An Imminent Referendum - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Biafranized Nigeria And An Imminent Referendum (1919 Views)

No Evidence Qasem Soleimani Was Planning An Imminent Attack, Sen. Mike Lee - CNN / Nnamdi Kanu Mobbed In California, Pushes For Biafra Referendum And Recognition / Jonathan Accepted Defeat In 2015 Due To Imminent Recession — Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biafranized Nigeria And An Imminent Referendum by warripekin(m): 10:09am On Jun 01, 2017
Exactly and it's high time we started. Time for us to buckle up.

mekuzi09:

Beautifully put. More like a loose confederation. But the most important part of the game is that all party will be involve in the formation and design of the system.......

1 Like

Re: The Biafranized Nigeria And An Imminent Referendum by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:45am On Jun 01, 2017
Inasmuch as I don't see any sense in two room mates who hate each to stay together, I also don't see any sense in people saying anybody will amount to nothing if Nigeria is broken. It has no basis.

In times past, before the foreigners who raped Africa came, we were just tribes. Surviving with no modern tools. With less commercial activity. We were just tribes. On what basis then does anyone assert that a split will render any section useless?

1 Like

Re: The Biafranized Nigeria And An Imminent Referendum by omoharry(f): 11:08am On Jun 01, 2017
mekuzi09:

I'll love to see a framework that will eliminate forever, that annoying term 'minority'. Nobody is a minority. I'll love to see a framework that will establish equality, justice and meritocracy.....
If Biafra can stand on this ideology of "no minority but everyone is important" and coupled with a fantastic frame work of how to manage the new nation.. then i believe the south south regions would not be too skeptical to buy into the BIAFRA vision..but i believe for everyone to come one board as equal then the name BIFRA should be changed to a more nationalistic name that will give even the minorities a sense of belonging..that is if you want the south south to be part of BIAFRA.If that is achieve then i will be a potential citizen of the new nation.my two cent.

1 Like

Re: The Biafranized Nigeria And An Imminent Referendum by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 01, 2017
omoharry:
If Biafra can stand on this ideology of "no minority but everyone is important" and coupled with a fantastic frame work of how to manage the new nation.. then i believe the south south regions would not be too skeptical to buy into the BIAFRA vision..but i believe for everyone to come one board as equal then the name BIFRA should be changed to a more nationalistic name that will give even the minorities a sense of belonging..that is if you want the south south to be part of[b] BIAFRA.[/b]If that is achieve then i will be a potential citizen of the new nation.my two cent.
Agreed, the minority tag has done more harm than good. It should be eliminated both in theory and practice. I don't think change of name should be a problem. After all, the name Biafra was coined by an Ijaw man, Frank Opigo, after hours of deliberation. When the time comes, issues will be ironed out. This is the reason I'm rooting for intellectuals from both side to key in to the movement; thereby giving room for logical and practical resolution that will suit both parties that is completely void of emotion.

1 Like

Re: The Biafranized Nigeria And An Imminent Referendum by iKnowevents(m): 1:01pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nice respectable thread.

If most humans here can communicate like this, with maturity, understanding and respect, this forum wouldn't have lost her respect.

When an Igbo man thinks about Nigeria objectively and subjectively as it pertains to the politics and politicians in Nigeria, you will come to agreement that Nigeria is heading nowhere.

For long I have voiced and propagated reasons for a better Nigeria, but I started asking myself questions that has to do with patriotism. I came to realise that we have the most unpatriotic breed of leaders. How can a country go forward when all the leaders think of is their personal common goal?

Biafra resurrection is the next option for people that have seen far. A call for people that have realised that the status quo is no more attainable. In life choice matters, and many Igbos have made a new choice.

Coming to assimilation, I believe the question of a group being a minority should be eschewed from the table. Where you come from should not matter, rather your input.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Biafrans Now Appears To Be Worshiping Nnamdi Kanu / Igbo Presidency 2023: Arewa Commends Ohaneze For Endorsing Buhari 2019 / ''Igbo Better Off With Buhari Presidency'' - Yoruba Ronu Leadership Forum.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.