Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers (2679 Views)

Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website / Fact : South East Is Landlocked But Igbo Land Is Not Landlock- Photo / It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by PMBNG(m): 10:18pm On May 31, 2017
Now that the ashes of the Biafra talk is still smoldering, with few sparks here and there, I think it is important to address this once again.

If Biafra becomes a sovereign state today, it will be a landlocked country. Yes.

If Biafra becomes a sovereign state today, it will have one of the highest population densities in the world because of its smaller landmass. Yes.

Are these obstacles to economic growth and development? Yes.

Are they insurmountable? No.

The need to address this arose out of the myriads of assumptions on what may likely be the fate of a sovereign Biafran state should Nigeria continue to refuse our call to restructure and save itself from imminent implosion.

Many have said that a sovereign Biafra will face the huddles of geography due mainly to its small land mass and landlocked state.

Being landlocked is an impediment to economic growth no doubt,The World Bank said its negative impact equals about 1.5% of GDP. But access to the sea is not in itself a guarantee to economic growth either.

With developments in technology, logistics and huge improvements in air transportation, committed countries have cut down on this impediment to a negligible level.I think you know about the Antonov An 225 Mriya cargo aircraft which has the capacity to carry over 450,000 kg of weight?

Moreso, the world is moving into a full knowledge economy where the internet of things has erased physical borders.

Still on the issue of landlocked?

Of Africa's top 10 fastest growing economies, four are landlocked among them are Rwanda, Botswana, and Ethiopia. Zambia which has remained Africa's shinning example of democracy and stability is equally landlocked.

And of Africa's poorest and economic laggards, many have access to the sea, among them are Sierra Leone, Liberia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Mauritania, Mozambique,Congo DRC, Togo, Sao Tome and Somalia of all countries.

Having access to the sea with irresponsible leadership equals mental and psychological lock, and that is the worst kind. Nigeria is a clear example.

In an age of jumbo cargo planes, and international trade corridors, being landlocked is an archaic excuse against development.

Ethiopia has taken the lead in linking up east African countries by fast electric train with connection to the Port of Djibouti. This has cut to a day, the time it takes for a container to get to Addis Ababa from Djibouti Port. Yet it takes three to four days from a container to get to Aba from Lagos.

Djibouti is building one of the worlds largest integrated sea port with a cargo airport to service over 25 African countries and 400 million people. It has become so competitive they are cutting costs.

During the last economic crisis that hit Europe, it is interesting to note that all the PIIGS ( Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece, Spain) countries all have access to the sea. Yet Switzerland, Luxembourg and Austria that are landlocked were economically more buoyant.

Every student of development is aware that geography does not hold the influence it used to have as a determinant of development. In its place, culture has taken precedent. That is why some of the most magnificent cities today are rising up from places that were ordinary deserts four decades ago. Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar among others.

Have we wondered how Haiti and Dominican Republic share same weather and climatic conditions with unimpeded access to drown in the sea .......yet they are complete opposites?

Biafra has land poverty.....

Yes. The South East is one of the most densely populated regions in Africa. In places like enclave (Mbaise) driving through the communities, you might think there is a festivity going on.

But how is that a disadvantage?

Greater Tokyo Metropolitan Area houses over 30 million people comfortably.

To what extent has landmass stopped Hong Kong from growing?

Monaco has 25,718 people per square km.

Bangladesh, North Korea, Rwanda, Netherlands and India all have high densities, yet people are not marching on the heads of others.

And who said if Biafra becomes a sovereign state, every Biafran must live in Biafra?

What makes you think that if Biafra becomes a sovereign state that Niger Delta Republic will refuse to enter an agreement with it granting it access to either the ports at Onne, or Calabar, especially as there will be money to be made from it?

Dont be surprised that Oduduwa Republic and Niger Delta Republic will be competing to woo Biafra importers to use their ports. And mark my word, Arewa Republic will become Biafra's major food exporter. Nation states are guided by political and economic interests not mundane sentiments.

I do not believe in territorial Biafra or secession.And I have made that known severally. I know that a restructured Nigeria will offer Igbo a great deal and that much needed space to be who they were created to be. This belief has nothing to do with the thinking, or fear that a sovereign Biafran nation will be unworkable. It will work. It takes only commitments and sacrifices to make nations work.

There is a thing called human resources.......human resources recognises no such barriers as landlocked.

Development and underdevelopment are states of mind.

If Biafra becomes independent and allow the quality of unthinking leadership that has been the lot Nigeria to captain its ship. It will be worse than South Sudan and before long Biafrans will start looking back to Egypt.

Nigeria is not working, and as long as it continues in this trajectory, it will never work.

If you so love Nigeria, instead of wasting your mental energy fighting over Biafra this and Biafra that, join hands in calling for Nigeria's urgent restructuring so that it will release its children from the Frankenstein state of ignorance, poverty, lack, and oppression.

Nigeria has failed Africa.

Incase you don't know, I'm from Anambra State.

9 Likes

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by mexxmoney: 10:27pm On May 31, 2017
Let Biafra be land locked, sea locked even air locked sef, we prefer it to this Faustian, Machiavellian, maniacal, animalistic and devilish contraption called Nigeria

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by PMBNG(m): 10:28pm On May 31, 2017
mexxmoney:
E no conern u. Let Biafra be land locked, sea locked even air locked sef, we prefer it to this Faustian, Machiavellian, maniacal, animalistic and devilish contraption called Nigeria

Did you even read my submission?

4 Likes

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by TheKingdom: 10:30pm On May 31, 2017
For some idiots saying Nigeria needs restructuring, what better restructuring than to divide the British plan into natura African nations? Everything else is just story story. Why should the three biggest tribes in Africa, larger than most African and european countries all be enslaved in a boundary?

FACTS

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by mexxmoney: 10:31pm On May 31, 2017
PMBNG:

Did you even read my submission?

Sorry man, I misunderstood you at first. Just re-read it got your drift. Thumbs up man, great article. Once again sorry for the unwarranted attack

2 Likes

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by madridguy(m): 10:37pm On May 31, 2017
Good write-up.
Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 31, 2017
I am from the SS and I can promise you, we are Biafrans and our Ocean fronts belong to Biafra, I will personally sign off the beaches and shores to Biafra.

I do not know why you Nigerians are so worried about the fate of Biafrans. Worry about yourselves.

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by KingsJohnson(m): 10:40pm On May 31, 2017
Trash as usual, so all this long epistle of Turas is to convince Biafra to stay in your Nigeria... Lol! some people can be funny atimes, however, Biafrans says they can tired of living with you in your country, pls do leave dem alone, cus everybody has a right choose whom to associate with or not.

The name Biafra is really a nightmare for some persons grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by HiddenShadow: 10:43pm On May 31, 2017
How does unity begging stop Biafra being established

9 Likes

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by KingsJohnson(m): 10:43pm On May 31, 2017
madridguy:
Good write-up.

There is nothing good about that write up my G, call a spade a spade for once

Restructuring Nigeria my blue ass grin grin grin, why is the blueprint if I may ask??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:44pm On May 31, 2017
Sometimes u see someone taking panadol for another person's headache.
Biafra is not landlocked in anyway. The core North is the truest definition of Landlock. Like Chad, Niger, CAR and many others.
Biafra covers the whole of South South and South East.

So worry more for your Arewastan Republic coming soon.

14 Likes

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by seunny4lif(m): 10:47pm On May 31, 2017
Hey look
Another useless post by our brother.
Are you from SE or SS?
Wetin concern you ?

8 Likes

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by MoodysMood: 10:47pm On May 31, 2017
Some guys are very intelligent though

1 Like

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by seunny4lif(m): 10:47pm On May 31, 2017
madridguy:
Good write-up.

3 Likes

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by PMBNG(m): 10:48pm On May 31, 2017
Lalasticlala, I need more reaction to this article.

I need serious engagement on facts from Nigerians before I release my next article.
Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by Earthrealmlord: 10:52pm On May 31, 2017
True Talk
Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by Oksman(m): 11:22pm On May 31, 2017
[quote author=KingsJohnson post=57071794]Trash as usual, so all this long epistle of Turas is to convince Biafra to stay in your Nigeria... Lol! some people can be funny atimes, however, Biafrans says they can tired of living with you in your country, pls do leave dem alone, cus everybody has a right choose whom to associate with or not.

The name Biafra is really a nightmare for some persons grin grin grin grin grin grin [/quote

Did you read the article at all?

1 Like

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by Agumbankembu: 3:07am On Jun 01, 2017
This article is so on point.

Today some ignorant heads said they will shut off Biafrans from using their land or sea port, i kept wondering the kind of people those are.

Should Biafra be a sovereign country of only Igbos, dynamics will change and alot of things will change, you are telling me that Akwa Ibom will have a seaport and decided to shut it down so Igbos will not use it, or should Onne or Calabar work at full capacity and they because of sentiments, tell you so so and so people will not use it.
Business and serious governance is not run by sentiments, trust me, even whoever is managing Lagos will be wooing people from here to come and use their port. Bcus more port activities, more money for any government, and more funds for developments.

Where there is a will, there is a way, who says Cameroun will not go into partnership with Biafrans, for us to use their port, and use the cargo airport and shuttle it down home, we only need to upgrade Sam Mbakwe intl airport or the proposed Omanbala airport, only a journey of 2 hours maximum. Now they will gain money, while others will want to spite Biafrans by blocking means of earning more IGR.

8 Likes

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by Ikenna0b: 3:22am On Jun 01, 2017
Did any of the people attacking the OP actually read the article.

What did he say that warrant the attack?

Reading shouldn't be such a hard task people. Jeez

2 Likes

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by Ikenna0b: 3:25am On Jun 01, 2017
mexxmoney:
Let Biafra be land locked, sea locked even air locked sef, we prefer it to this Faustian, Machiavellian, maniacal, animalistic and devilish contraption called Nigeria

Right??

Nigeria is literally a poster child that sea access does not automatically means development.

Fact, even if Biafra is sunlight blocked, I would still prefer Identify with Biafran than be Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by Amberon: 3:33am On Jun 01, 2017
PMBNG

That was a beautiful write up. One written without an iota of bias. But what's alarming is the reaction of your fellow igbos to it. Pay no attention to them. Nice one!

2 Likes

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by Xsem(m): 6:20am On Jun 01, 2017
It's a very big shame that most did not care to read thoroughly what the op posted lipsrsealed.I guess they deduced their inference from the first five lines. Nice write-up op more ink to your pen. Biafra must come.

1 Like

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by hucienda: 6:31am On Jun 01, 2017
Articulate write-up there PMBNG.

Last I checked even Switzerland where the super-rich and mega criminals the world over including Africa bury their loot is still landlocked.

The most important resource of any nation is her people - not natural resource or water resource or the craze about landlock.

7 Likes

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by DocHMD: 7:16am On Jun 01, 2017
There they go again....Trying to scare Biafrans to remain in their failed contraption.

They've tried scaring Biafrans of losing their properties in the zoo, that one no work. They compared Biafra to south sudan that one no change anything. Then they started singing the overbeaten 'Biafra is ladlocked, airlocked' lullaby still Biafran remain resolute in their conviction that the zoogerian space has to give way for real humanity to survive in trigger of Africa.

grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by reptile1: 7:23am On Jun 01, 2017
Some dude didn't care to read the write up before attacking the op. Maybe they reacted due to the headline grin
Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 01, 2017
Personally the op has done a fairly good job, but reality is a billion complicated matrix compare to what a poorly researched article is presenting. For instance the calabarians will make a kill by import duties levied on Biafran bound goods, after Lagos ports will have earned it's own levies before transhipping to calabar, the imported goods, will be darn expensive, the autonov cargo plane will be purchased by a poor state like Biafra, I mean human resources of the so called Biafra's are just traders and educated illiterates, how does a state think it will keep buying with nothing to sell to the world. I bet all those Mansions in the east will generate forex. These guys still don't know Nigeria is doing them a huge favour.You will get your Biafra soon. Trust me.
Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by OBAGADAFFI: 7:36am On Jun 01, 2017
Nice one grin

1 Like

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 01, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:
Nice one grin

Your signature is apt for the biafrans, testing the depth of the water with both feet.
Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by KingsJohnson(m): 7:57am On Jun 01, 2017
[quote author=Oksman post=57072695][/quote]

I dnt need to brodaly
Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by onyekabe(m): 8:02am On Jun 01, 2017
Biafra in green

Re: Your Biafra Will Be Landlocked? Find Out My Answers by Ngokafor(f): 8:04am On Jun 01, 2017
..Some reactions to this article just made me lol cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

HAPPENING NOW: Over 100,000 Supporters’ Storm Orji Kalu’s Residence (photos) / Man Rob’s Pharmacy, And Leaves Note Telling Clerk, I’m Sorry I Have A Sick Child / War May Be Looming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.