Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,380 members, 7,826,490 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check (29157 Views)

Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. / US-Iran Face-Off: Tougher Screening Awaits Nigerian Travellers / Why Some Nigerians Faced Extreme Vetting At U.S. Airports – Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by preselect(m): 6:36pm On Jun 01, 2017
story
my dear friends, if you live in america, or planning to go to america, just know this; every phone call is monitored, every email, online comment indeed every every is monitored by someone in FBI, CIA, NSA or some other unknown agency out there. even during Obama and Bush and till tomorrow.

watch what u do

meanwhile, where is Buhari?

#BuhariOnTheRun

Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by abbey621(m): 6:42pm On Jun 01, 2017
234ng44uk:

So terrorism is calling Trump by his name: A dumb ass and a pussy grabber? Please go back to school.

No not by itself but people like you develop a trail, a trail of derogatory social media comments that might and can be used against you, it might not be for terrorism, it might be as simple as a visa denial to the USA, so keep it up!
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by 234ng44uk(m): 6:50pm On Jun 01, 2017
abbey621:

No not by itself but people like you develop a trail, a trail of derogatory social media comments that might and can be used against you, it might not be for terrorism, it might be as simple as a visa denial to the USA, so keep it up!
Thanks VO. You're nothing but another typical Nigerian with cowardice in his blood and blind obedience to authority always afraid to challenge status quo. What made you think I'm a wanabee American desperado? And what made you think America wants people like you who will trade anything, including their personal freedom for a visa?
On another note, are you by any chance related to ex president "America will know"?
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by abbey621(m): 7:01pm On Jun 01, 2017
234ng44uk:

Thanks VO. You're nothing but another typical Nigerian with cowardice in his blood and blind obedience to authority always afraid to challenge status quo. What made you think I'm a wanabee American desperado? And what made you think America wants people like you who will trade anything, including their personal freedom for a visa?
On another note, are you by any chance related to ex president "America will know"?

My friend shut up, you are a desperado and you know it, if not you wouldn't be so bothered that America elected a dumbass according to you grin grin grin Why not focus on your own damn nation and leave the USA alone since you cherish your supposed freedom in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
abbey621:

I don't know whether to laugh at you or cry at your sheer ignorance! Most of what you wrote can be considered as rubbish but the bold part makes me cringe! So you mean to tell me a clueless GEJ or a nonexistent Buhari is an indication that majority of Nigerians are clueless? When Arnold Schwarzenegger became Governor of California was it an indication that the citizens of California were senseless? To cut the long story short, even Merkel herself won't dare to name herself leader of the free world, be careful what you say for freedom of speech is guaranteed but freedom after speech is not when it comes to terrorism and the USA, your words on Nairaland might and can be used against you!

While I agree with you that Trump's action or inaction does not reflect on the larger American society because he didn't win the popular vote, but to make a subtle threat on the guy as highlighted in the bolded is unconscionable, and you had to quote Idi Amin? What has terrorism got to do with this? Are you for real?

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by 234ng44uk(m): 7:09pm On Jun 01, 2017
abbey621:

I don't know whether to laugh at you or cry at your sheer ignorance! Most of what you wrote can be considered as rubbish but the bold part makes me cringe! So you mean to tell me a clueless GEJ or a nonexistent Buhari is an indication that majority of Nigerians are clueless? When Arnold Schwarzenegger became Governor of California was it an indication that the citizens of California were senseless? To cut the long story short, even Merkel herself won't dare to name herself leader of the free world, be careful what you say for freedom of speech is guaranteed but freedom after speech is not when it comes to terrorism and the USA, your words on Nairaland might and can be used against you!

abbey621:

My friend shut up, you are a desperado and you know it, if not you wouldn't be so bothered that America elected a dumbass according to you grin grin grin Why not focus on your own damn nation and leave the USA alone since you cherish your supposed freedom in Nigeria?

Mr "America will know", stop showing off how retarded you are. We both know who the desperado is here. You think this forum is monitored and you'll get the "good boy" treatment in your upteenth visa interview with your forged documents and a pot of lies? Well, goodluck with that.
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by PDPGuy: 7:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
Mrchippychappy:
so what happens to those of us that don't have social media accounts?
It won't obviously apply to folks that don't have social media accounts
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by abbeyty(m): 7:33pm On Jun 01, 2017
All this just to enter America ? i dont think to enter paradise can be this hard
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by emtex16: 8:23pm On Jun 01, 2017
Trump represent the interest of the American and his doing what he thinks is best to protect the American s from global terrors. Let us also project a positive mind and a positive interest of our country NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by AZeD1(m): 8:42pm On Jun 01, 2017
sircrabo:
Don't blame the bros, he is trying to protect his people. More than 70% of crimes committed in America are been carried out by foreigners. I.e mexicans, africans, arabs.
Stop saying what you don't know.

Lawn mowers kill more Americans than foreigners.
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by abbey621(m): 8:54pm On Jun 01, 2017
234ng44uk:

Mr "America will know", stop showing off how retarded you are. We both know who the desperado is here. You think this forum is monitored and you'll get the "good boy" treatment in your upteenth visa interview with your forged documents and a pot of lies? Well, goodluck with that.

Odewinge...my passport is blue stop embarrassing yourself grin grin
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by Henry213: 9:01pm On Jun 01, 2017
Because you are swimming in pool of ignorance!!
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by Iqwhat(m): 9:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
simplemach:
Edo boys and girls pls take note. Or rather no need, since Italy is your favourite destination.
pls would u keep shut, how does this post relate to what u are sayin. Just look 4 another way to gain attention.
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by abbey621(m): 9:11pm On Jun 01, 2017
ayenitre:

While I agree with you that Trump's action or inaction does not reflect on the larger American society because he didn't win the majority vote, but to make a subtle threat on the guy as highlighted in the bolded is unconscionable, and you had to quote Idi Amin? What has terrorism got to do with this? Are you for real?

Sorry but are you trained in psychology or have you witnessed the stories of those detained at the port of entry into the USA? I don't think so! Everything is fair game now as the U.S government is very paranoid, harmless comments such as dissing the U.S president or saying the U.S.A is a wasteland can and will be used against you if they can't find anything else. The way the U.S is heading nothing is secret anymore, I was just giving the guy a piece of advice, you know here in Nigeria we are used to speaking recklessly online with no repercussion grin

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by oyienootieno: 9:41pm On Jun 01, 2017
[quote author=timmycris post=57093221]invasion of privacy!!!![/quote

Many who rushed to comment don't know the Agama Lizard Look-a-Like is trying to invade their sense of ownership.
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by oyienootieno: 9:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
timmycris:
invasion of privacy!!!!

Many who rushed to comment don't know the Agama Lizard Look-a-Like is trying to invade their sense of ownership.
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by aleeyus(m): 9:53pm On Jun 01, 2017
Ok angry
Larrykaysail:
me.
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by 234ng44uk(m): 10:01pm On Jun 01, 2017
abbey621:

Odewinge...my passport is blue stop embarrassing yourself grin grin

Who cares what the colour of your passport is?

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by 234ng44uk(m): 10:09pm On Jun 01, 2017
Cesc Fabrigas also joined the gang of those who will never be granted US visas for using one of President Dumb's new addition to English dictionary "covfefe". At least a dumb ass "blue passport holder" here thinks he wouldn't.
[url]http://m.goal.com/s/en/news/13712/extra-time/2017/06/01/36010272/chelsea-star-fabregas-trolls-trump-over-covfefe-gaffe?ICID=HP_BN_3&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2F[/url]
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by abbey621(m): 10:14pm On Jun 01, 2017
234ng44uk:
Cest Fabrigas also joined the gang of those who will never be granted US visas for using one of President Dumb's new addition to English dictionary "covfefe". At least a dumb ass "blue passport holder" here thinks he wouldn't.
[url]http://m.goal.com/s/en/news/13712/extra-time/2017/06/01/36010272/chelsea-star-fabregas-trolls-trump-over-covfefe-gaffe?ICID=HP_BN_3&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2F[/url]

Fabregas never called the president dumb and even if he did, he is a freakin celeb, you dey compare your dirty sef to Fabregas? Ori e ti gba le grin grin
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by 234ng44uk(m): 10:17pm On Jun 01, 2017
abbey621:

Fabregas never called the president dumb and even if he did, he is a freakin celeb, you dey compare your dirty sef to Fabregas? Ori e ti gba le grin grin

Blue passport holder, so there's exemption for celebrity? Your so so dumb.
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by abbey621(m): 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2017
234ng44uk:

Blue passport holder, so there's exemption for celebrity? Your so so dumb.

You meant you're grin grin Anyway it is clear who is the dumb one here, nigga comparing his lowlife self to Fabregas grin grin grin.....drops mic!
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by 234ng44uk(m): 10:25pm On Jun 01, 2017
abbey621:

You meant you're grin grin Anyway it is clear who is the dumb one here, nigga comparing his lowlife self to Fabregas grin grin grin.....drops mic!

Mr blue, it's​ almost 5pm. Get on the queue for your food stamp lest you starve.
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by timmycris(m): 10:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
oyienootieno:

i tell u

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by abbey621(m): 10:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
234ng44uk:

Mr blue, it's​ almost 5pm. Get on the queue for your food stamp before you starve.

Most you continue this ignorance? In case you don't know the USA operates a time zone system, we have Eastern, Central, Mountain and Pacific time zones. It's currently 5:29pm in Atlanta but in Alabama it is 4:29pm while in California it's just 2:29 pm. Educate yourself man!
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by 234ng44uk(m): 10:34pm On Jun 01, 2017
abbey621:

Most you continue this ignorance? In case you don't know the USA operates a time zone system, we have Eastern, Central, Mountain and Pacific time zones. It's currently 5:29pm in Atlanta but in Alabama it is 4:29pm while in California it's just 2:29 pm. Educate yourself man!

If you're in California you still have time to join that queue for the food stamps then. I'm just worried for a brother, excuse my "ignorance"
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by abbey621(m): 10:36pm On Jun 01, 2017
234ng44uk:

If you're in California you still have time for the food stamps then. I'm just worried for a brother, excuse my "ignorance"

Hahahahaha, even when I was working to pay for college I still couldn't qualify for food stamps not to talk of now when I'm balling grin grin

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by 234ng44uk(m): 10:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
abbey621:

Hahahahaha, even when I was working to pay for college I still couldn't qualify for food stamps not to talk of now when I'm balling grin grin
grin grin All those dreams grin grin May your wish come true.
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by sircrabo: 10:48pm On Jun 01, 2017
AZeD1:

Stop saying what you don't know.

Lawn mowers kill more Americans than foreigners.

Lawn mowers kill more Americans ? So lawn mowers are to blame for crime rate ? Have you seen a lawn mower doing jail time in any penitentiary ? Which nationals are more in US prisons ? Say what you know
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by IdeyFindWife: 11:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
Vorpal:
Okay then.... Is WhatsApp privacy now just a hoax?

What of someone supplies a government friendly email address/social media handle and has other alternates that are not so government friendly?

[b]That's the way to go! Disconnect all your accounts and use a password reminder app instead so they don't get to trace your alternate emails from your main one. I doubt if they'd have access to the encrypted security systems of all the mail services etc though Facebook is most certainly theirs! Yet, they may only be able to reference current pages and not Cached Copies off the main Facebook servers.

If they can do that, niggas are furkked be dat because 5yrs back-history is a lot! And a lot of Naija peeps are actually "mouthed-cowards" who are rarely consistent. Some can't even, straight-face, support anyone or hold consistent opinion on anything for 5days talkless 5years without mis-yarning about it. All they know is to say a lot of shyt, talking blah-blah-blah with this "come&beat-me" mor0nic attitude hiding behind cheap itel chinko phones!

So, give 'em them only the official mails&profiles you gave your bank and employers here. Now, that you know, better start posting family-friendly photos, achievements, natural landscape screen-savers and none of all those macho-man randy-savage bullshyt Naija guys love using to chyke small-small girls around the area here. These Americanos don't fall for Indian Film stunts so it's best to start the clean-up easy and gradual! Make sure it's Yahoomail and not some other Mail-provider that features integrated suite of apps like Google.

You should even have disabled your "Search History Monitoring" function so they don't track your browsing and search history easy. And you also take care to watch the permissions that certain Apps demand for when you wanna install them. Some of them end up linking all your google services to build up a comprehensive profile of you that can be easily accessed by entry-level hackers or govt agents!

With your G-mail, for instance, even a baby should be able to stroll into your G+ profiles, then your Youtube, and maybe your entire browsing history comes under scrutiny if you're type deploying unsafe passwords; next thing you know, they're disqualifying your arss for all that late-night weird fetish-p0rn browsing shyt of 4yrs ago when you were still jobless and misusing a friends free wifi! It's always best to separate accounts and have different mails for different purposes. It even makes it harder for hackers to gain complete access to your life, up to a point!

As for the brainless good-for-nothing mofo children and loose-cannons who like mouthing-off all sorts of bigoted shyt on their only social-media account without a care for their PR; leave them, payback time has come!

Though in perspective, this thing really has no other name than invasion of privacy on the rip-off scale! It's like you get to surrender your soul and let them rifle through one of the very expressions of your individuality just to gain entry into the US. It ought not be applied to everybody and other countries ought to put US citizens through the wringer for this too but what can you say; it's the US. Good-luck to those who wanna go there![/b]
Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 01, 2017
IdeyFindWife:

That's the way to go!

Give 'em the one you gave your bank and employee here. Now, that you know, start posting family friendly photos, achievements, naturall landscape screensavers and none of all those macho-man randy-savage bullshyt Naija guys love using to chyke small-small girls around the area.[/b]These Americanos don't fall for Indian Film stunts so it's best to start the clean-up easy and gradual!

[b]As for the brainless good-for-nothing mofo children and loose-cannons who mouth-off all sorts of bigoted shyt on their one and only social-media accounts without a care for their PR; leave them, payback time has come!

Lol.... grin see as brotherly dey para big time! I think this should be dubbed "social media meets reality"

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Approves Tougher Visa Vetting, Including Social Media Check by IdeyFindWife: 12:16am On Jun 02, 2017
Vorpal:

Lol.... grin see as brotherly dey para big time! I think this should be dubbed "social media meets reality"

Lol, na so, bros!

Almost everybody wan ja comot from Naija but when you tell a lot of folks say their irresponsible use of social media is actually a careless handling of their personal brand which may be their undoing one day; they say "No! Leave me!", "Come&Beat-me-sef-I-dey-my-house" from just one account, one phone; it's crazy!

They forget about greater opportunities that may come their way later in life through the careful stewardship of their present lifestyles. Why a youth should start digging his own career's grave from the broken screen of a china phone is what I don't get. Everybody feels like a keyboardRambo na this kain policies dey put pepper for f00lish pikin's eye at the end of the day!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2-Day Hailstorm Hits Katsina State (Photos) / Lady Who Survived Tragic Trailer Accident Narrates Her Ordeal. Photos / British Airways Flight To Germany Mistakenly Lands In Scotland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.