Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria (24838 Views)

Coronavirus: FG To Ban Inter-State Travel, Close Motor Parks / Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists / How Tobacco Firms Violate Regulations On Underage Smoking In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by SexyNairalander: 3:57pm On Jun 01, 2017
booked
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by tyav7: 3:59pm On Jun 01, 2017
Covfefe to the government
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 4:02pm On Jun 01, 2017
Good move, however FG shouldn't stop there. They should increase the taxes on these local tobacco manufactures. When the price of a cigarette pack jumps from say 200naira to 500naira, consumption will definitely reduce.
We may not be active smokers, but when within our confines or space and someone is puffing a stick, that smoke that will cloud the atmosphere will be inhaled by you, a non smoker turning you into a passive smoker thus endangering your health unknowingly. In the end, we all are affected.
#####INCREASE TOBACCO TAXES IN NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 01, 2017
British American Tobacco at its best...make una ask Togo howfar...
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by Teflon5(m): 4:03pm On Jun 01, 2017
Mtchewww... Make una legalize d natural weed.
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by Choise(f): 4:03pm On Jun 01, 2017
This one weak me

Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 01, 2017
shey na npf when dey sell egbo wan enforce this one?
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by TheRealestGuy(m): 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2017
Davash222:
Glad it doesn't affect 4:20. They can as well ban cigarette.

My nigga, you know wassup

1 Like

Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by Candybob(m): 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2017
I agree! Ban Cigar and Legalize weed smileywink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by kpaofame: 4:07pm On Jun 01, 2017
saasala:
They should Ban Shisha (Hookah)...

Current evidence indicates shisha may cause numerous health problems. Hookah smoking appears to increase the risk of several cancers (lung, esophageal, and gastric), pulmonary diseases (impaired pulmonary function, chronic bronchitis, and emphysema), coronary artery disease, periodontal disease, obstetrical and perinatal problems (low birth weight and pulmonary problems at birth), larynx and voice changes, and osteoporosis. Many of the studies to date have methodological limitations, such as not measuring hookah use in a standardized way. Larger, high quality studies are needed to learn more about the long-term health effects of hookah use and of exposure to hookah smoke.

Whoever have access to Shisha is capable and responsible for his/her own health...It is not common among the masses...na yeyebrities dey use am for now
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by hardbody: 4:07pm On Jun 01, 2017
20 people will contribute money and buy a pack. That simple
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by kpaofame: 4:09pm On Jun 01, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
Good move, however FG shouldn't stop there. They should increase the taxes on these local tobacco manufacturing. when the price of cigarette pack jumps from say 200naira to 500naira, consumption will reduce.
We may not be active smokers, but when within our confines or space and someone is puffing a stick, the smoke that will cloud that atmosphere will be inhaled by you turning you into a passive smoker. Thus, endangering your health. In the end, we all are affected.
#####INCREASE TOBACCO TAXES IN NIGERIA

Weed intake would increase...them go even start smoking bitter leaf than stop consuming...Smoking is an addiction
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by FreeSpirited: 4:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
I can't see much sense in all of these.
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 4:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
kpaofame:

Weed intake would increase...them go even start smoking bitter leaf than stop consuming...Smoking is an addiction
no problem the agency responsible for tracking weed dealers will only buckle up. Weed is already illegal, so if the need increases and the need is met then it points to one thing. The enforcement agency which is Ndlea in this case is putting up a lackadaisical attitude
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by bcbones: 4:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
Ak don see food chop......
u dere u muff dey smell cigar....u r under arrest
park inner light... i dey smell cigar...under arrest.

buh it a nice development if it can be sustained and well implemented.
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nobody should ban any natural and organic plants created by the Gods for the inspiration and connection of Man to Holy Spirit.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by ychris: 4:36pm On Jun 01, 2017
Badboiz:

Weed. Not every one knows 420 but you my friend are a bad guy
is it pronounced "four twenty" Just curious?
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by WowSweetGuy(m): 4:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
Oya smokers buy bundles keep for the raining days...Na smoking be problem...Abeg govt do better in power, employment
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by inosend: 4:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
At long last.
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 01, 2017
6. Prohibition of smoking in anywhere on the premises of a child care facility, educational facility, and healthcare facility. Other prohibited for smoking include playgrounds, amusement parks, plazas, public parks, stadia, public transport, restaurants’ bar, and other public gathering spaces.

The minister is a bad man grin grin

Where else do you want them to puff their smoke?
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by ephi321(f): 4:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
Mynd44:

Its there but not fully. The only one that has been implemented is the one about adverts.

Even outside Nigeria, Minors try to beat the system to try to buy cigarette and some get away with it

To be honest, I don't think it's there even partially.
Who would prosecute a person who sells to a minor for example? Def not this our Nigerian police.
Do stores check for ID at all before selling cigarette?
Not to even mention the black market side of things.

Well, still a start, which is better than nothing.
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by Akalia(m): 4:53pm On Jun 01, 2017
I thought they will drive the price of cig pack up to discourage us. Well my benson & hedges pack is still 250#. Make I go light up something.

1 Like

Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by 7ran53nd: 5:01pm On Jun 01, 2017
na smoke be Nigeria problem now?
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by Chartey(m): 5:05pm On Jun 01, 2017
Pebcak:

Number 2 though

2. Ban of sale of cigarettes in single sticks; cigarettes must be sold in packs of 20 sticks only.

whats the reasoning behind this, what I can think of is if you wan to die from smoking we can help you achieve that by forcing you to smoke more

so it will be illegal for 18yrs old to buy cigarette but a full grown man can marry 8 yrs old girl BS BS BS all over the place

mumihaja:
2. Ban of sale of cigarettes in single sticks; cigarettes must be sold in packs of 20 sticks only.

is FG trying to encourage chain smoking?

Mynd44:

If you cant afford 20 sticks, you should not smoke at all as you are most likely not going to be able to afford the health side-effects

Number 8 is already in effect though. Except any of you has seen a cigarette advert in recent years

Most people who buy cigarettes in sticks don't get to see the "The Federal Ministry of Health warns..." and the gory pictures companies must put on the packs. The govts wants to make sure all smokers see these things.
Enforcing this will be difficult anyway.
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by Chartey(m): 5:08pm On Jun 01, 2017
kpaofame:

Whoever have access to Shisha is capable and responsible for his/her own health...It is not common among the masses...na yeyebrities dey use am for now

You have no idea how even secondary school children smoke shisha at parties these days.
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by bonna4u(m): 5:18pm On Jun 01, 2017
Pebcak:

Number 2 though

whats the reasoning behind this, what I can think of is if you wan to die from smoking we can help you achieve that by forcing you to smoke more

so it will be illegal for 18yrs old to buy cigarette but a full grown man can marry 8 yrs old girl BS BS BS all over the place
It gives credence to number '6' i.e smoking in public places, restaurants, parks etc; so you can buy your cigarettes in packs and go to a private place or your house and smoke. No more madame give me one stick there.
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by adecz: 5:18pm On Jun 01, 2017
Still on Point number 2;

To bring down food prices,
no more selling or retailing of
rice or garri in cups or mudu,

It must now be sold in 25, 50
or 100kg bags....
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by ogenwaokoye(m): 5:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
[quote author=Pebcak post=57092296]
Number 2 though

Guy you dey see wetin i see?
They wan encourage us be that
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 01, 2017
I like that make them go ar head.
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 01, 2017
Akalia:
I thought they will drive the price of cig pack up to discourage us. Well my benson & hedges pack is still 250#. Make I go light up something.
smokers are liable to die young.
Re: FG To Implement 9 Laws On Smoking In Nigeria by alphred: 6:08pm On Jun 01, 2017
cry undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Home Remedies To Cure Severe Headache. / Lassa Fever Patient Escapes From A Hospital In Ebonyi / How 'Nurse Eliza' Nearly Killed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.