Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? (28339 Views)

Olamide New Song "C. Ronaldo" Hit Or Miss? / Olamide’s Wo & Wavy Level, Davido’s IF & Fall And 9ice’s Living Things Banned / Olamide - "Wavy Level" (audio) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by jamislaw(m): 10:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
ipafricaStaff:
Before we move on with the Review, In case you don’t have the Song, Listen & Download it below:-

https://www.nairaland.com/3819223/olamide-wavy-level-audio

Obviously, the title of this song, “Wavy Level” is a total reflection of the height Baba Milli has attained in the music industry.

As far as local audience is concerned, Olamide doesn’t really need to worry about acceptance when releasing any song. Whether good or bad, anything baddo spits will make wave East, West, North and South. That’s exactly what it means to be on a wavy level!!

Now, without being blown away by that Olamide Wave, here is my own verdict on the song:-

Fast rising beat maker, Adey deserves a big applause for doing a good job on the beat. Even Young John wouldn’t have done any better. The beat comes a strong engaging rhythm that grabs my attention from the very first minute of song to the last. Truth be told, Adey played his role well on the song.

Meanwhile, Baddo himself jumped on that solid beat with what I will describe as matured lyrics but not good enough for his standard. As a big fan of Olamide, I don’t always expect anything less than a street banger, but lyrically, this song is way too far from being my room banger talkless of being a street anthem.

With all due respect for the wavy Olamide Baddo, I will rate this song

Overall, I rate the song 4/10 ★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆

Over to you guys,

Would you say “Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” is Another Street Anthem or An Unexpected Thrash From Baddo?”

Drop your comments!!!

----------------------> Anusiobi Itfranklyn

SOURCE: http://ipubliciseafrica.com/2017/06/02/olamides-new-song-wavy-level-hit-trash/

Cc; Lalasticlala
chairman pls remove North from your mention Olamide sings rubish.
We only listen to CLASSIQ (Arewa Mafia) and our Kaduna born artist Skale here. Enough of shouting Nigerian need good music pls.

1 Like

Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by lenghtinny(m): 10:28pm On Jun 02, 2017
Oluwaremythe:

since lilkesh left?seriously who gave birth to dis tribalistic ibotic retarded mistake?
they'll just kip on hating someone God exonerates kos d person is nt from d same tribe as dem...
olamide is d best rapper Nigeria music industry has ever created...yu can argue bt dats d fact...his flaws are once in a while...no one is perfect
Oga are you high undecided
Olamide sef no dey gree make dem call am best rapper...
Olamide don’t even qualify as a rapper because he has gone commercial since 2012 and he has been successful no doubt but that one no mean say make you con dey yarn opata for here

1 Like

Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by lenghtinny(m): 10:30pm On Jun 02, 2017
jamislaw:
We only listen to CLASSIQ (Arewa Mafia) and our Kaduna born artist Skale here. Enough of shouting Nigerian need good music pls.
So skales no dey sing rubbish...
Skales even worse pass olamide..
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by jamislaw(m): 10:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
PMWSpirit:
Copy and paste from naijaloaded. Ofe nmanu
lol pls what is the meaning of Ofe nmanu?
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by AworiLagosian: 10:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
samkay3g:

olori pelebe.... Igbo

grin

6 Likes

Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by jamislaw(m): 10:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
Oluwaremythe:

since lilkesh left?seriously who gave birth to dis tribalistic ibotic retarded mistake?
they'll just kip on hating someone God exonerates kos d person is nt from d same tribe as dem...
olamide is d best rapper Nigeria music industry has ever created...yu can argue bt dats d fact...his flaws are once in a while...no one is perfect
best rapper are you kidding me? Where's MI, mode9, Reminence, Arewa Mafia ( CLASSIQ), Phyno and Jassey jags.
Olanlmide and that boy called lil kesh only making noise here and there.

1 Like

Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by Oluwaremythe(m): 10:45pm On Jun 02, 2017
lenghtinny:

Oga are you high undecided
Olamide sef no dey gree make dem call am best rapper...
Olamide don’t even qualify as a rapper because he has gone commercial since 2012 and he has been successful no doubt but that one no mean say make you con dey yarn opata for here
mr F...show me another rapper who raps better since d inception of naija music scene
bck to dat ur baseless point bou olamide nt accepting the fact that he's better than any rapper in naija
av yu listened to eyan mayweather?he claimed dat he's d best rapper in his lyrics there...bt his claims is nt even d point here
Success complements his talent...he's d best talented rapper here in naija from eniduro till date,kip hating mr Fool
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by phreakabit(m): 10:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
Lawma property as usual.
He should stick to Fuji, Rap and english no be him way.
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by Oluwaremythe(m): 10:56pm On Jun 02, 2017
jamislaw:
best rapper are you kidding me? Where's MI, mode9, Reminence, Arewa Mafia ( CLASSIQ), Phyno and Jassey jags.
Olanlmide and that boy called lil kesh only making noise here and there.
laffn...see dis one?reminisce,mode9,phyno&jessy jags...hahaha,dis one pass 11months for em mama belle ooo
ur list is jst too funny dat I can't help laffn here...none of dos half baked rappers here yu mentioned here is a match for Olamide in any type of rap...be it dropping funny lyrical rhymes in English,or yoruba language
olamide may drop musics dat're nt up to his standards sometimes truly,bt you're only seeing dat kos he releases musics too often...he's way better than odas
no rapper in naija has ever dared says he's better than olamide sef,mode 9 may av arrived earlier b4 him o,bt dat doesn't make him better...note,av listened to loads of his music,he could not stand d heat of d present rappers,dats y he's resting 4eva
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by dabrake(m): 11:02pm On Jun 02, 2017
Oluwaremythe:

Mode IX
Vector
Dagrin
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by Davidsegunk: 11:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
mebad:
i stopped listening to olamide many years ago

Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by dabrake(m): 11:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
jamislaw:
Classiq is very good. I love how he nailed his part in King Kong remix.
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by lenghtinny(m): 11:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
Oluwaremythe:

mr F...show me another rapper who raps better since d inception of naija music scene
bck to dat ur baseless point bou olamide nt accepting the fact that he's better than any rapper in naija
av yu listened to eyan mayweather?he claimed dat he's d best rapper in his lyrics there...bt his claims is nt even d point here
Success complements his talent...he's d best talented rapper here in naija from eniduro till date,kip hating mr Fool
Okay are you fine now...
Olamide has been fantastic in the last 6 years, I'm not disproving that fact... But best rapper out of Nigeria, stop taking this ish personal bro, I be yoruba boy like you and I didn't start listening to olamide today ( I don't know where you got that idea that I'm hating from)... But I repeat calling olamide best rapper is very disputable because it's an insult to the real rappers in naija...
Permit me to say this, majority of Olamide's biggest hits are more of club bangers than rap songs. That says a lot about the subject.
Sorry if you dey vex say I ask whether you high but you can have an intelligent conversation devoid of unnecessary name calling.
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by Oluwaremythe(m): 11:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
dabrake:

Mode IX
Vector
Dagrin
Dagrin fine
mode9 outdated&couldn't stand d current wave in industry,he's been conquered since
vector...no where near olamide...bt he's gud too,olamide is better
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by jamislaw(m): 11:12pm On Jun 02, 2017
dabrake:

Classiq is very good. I love how he nailed his part in King Kong remix.
try and listen to their new collaboration with Reminence, Jassey jags, Oladip and CLASSIQ title Polybag.
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by Oluwaremythe(m): 11:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
lenghtinny:

Okay are you fine now...
Olamide has been fantastic in the last 6 years, I'm not disproving that fact... But best rapper out of Nigeria, stop taking this ish personal bro, I be yoruba boy like you and I didn't start listening to olamide today ( I don't know where you got that idea that I'm hating from)... But I repeat calling olamide best rapper is very disputable because it's an insult to the real rappers in naija...
Permit me to say this, majority of Olamide's biggest hits are more of club bangers than rap songs. That says a lot about the subject.
Sorry if you dey vex say I ask whether you high but you can have an intelligent conversation devoid of unnecessary name calling.
Argument doesn't change facts...let dem feel inferior for all they care...
there are many talented footballers out there,bt when someone is outstanding,we jst can't help bt give dem their deserved respect...dats d case of singling out messi&ronaldo among em all.
where are they all when olamide kips banging headies award like his birthright year in,year out...wavy level may be below standard,fine bt I'm sure yu heard love no go die,only wicked fellow will nt applaud him for dat song
so y d generalizing...I repeat,no one raps better than him currently in d industry
d fact dat he deviates to singing at times doesn't change d fact dat he's a professional rapper..
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by lenghtinny(m): 11:34pm On Jun 02, 2017
Oluwaremythe:

Argument doesn't change facts...let dem feel inferior for all they care...
there are many talented footballers out there,bt when someone is outstanding,we jst can't help bt give dem their deserved respect...dats d case of singling out messi&ronaldo among em all.
where are they all when olamide kips banging headies award like his birthright year in,year out...wavy level may be below standard,fine bt I'm sure yu heard love no go die,only wicked fellow will nt applaud him for dat song
so y d generalizing...I repeat,no one raps better than him currently in d industry
d fact dat he deviates to singing at times doesn't change d fact dat he's a professional rapper..
You are missing the point...
You claimed he is the best rapper out of naija, now you are saying he is current....
Now that's two different things.. Even Olamide sef talk am for him song " Pele on shegbe Messi"...
Bottomline: that he is Trending doesn't make him the greatest rapper ever in naija...
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by heddiebanks(m): 11:36pm On Jun 02, 2017
mebad:

Go and listen to davido and small doctor ...werey
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by heddiebanks(m): 11:38pm On Jun 02, 2017
BeastOfAfrica:
I did not listen to the song...but since it's Olamide. It is definitely

Certified mumu u are ....go and die away

TRAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH.....

Members of the "streets" won't agree

1 Like

Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by heddiebanks(m): 11:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
Shortyy:
Trashy look, trashy song. Tsk

Ode....oponu
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by PMWSpirit(m): 11:56pm On Jun 02, 2017
jamislaw:
lol pls what is the meaning of Ofe nmanu?
oil soup . They like oily soup ehn
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by AvsGot007(m): 11:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
Lotta folks said trash to "who u epp" track before it became national anthem!
I don't believe anything Nigerians say anymore!
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by Benekruku(m): 12:03am On Jun 03, 2017
Cool noise
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by kokubillions(m): 12:10am On Jun 03, 2017
emmarouky:
the song is not bad is cool,love the vipes tho

Mr viper
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by adewotired: 12:14am On Jun 03, 2017
lenghtinny:

Bro no be maleek produce that song, he was just featured. The song was produced by Adey (the same person that produced this wavy level by Olamide).
Honestly, juice instrumental is good but Ycee is just a lazy rapper but the style works for him that's why he always get away with it.

That was one of Maleek's worst works as a singer tbh. Almost every song on Last Daze of Summer is better than Juice
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by djprinzy(m): 12:17am On Jun 03, 2017
All of u shouting its not a street banger should go sit down, dat song is nowhere below Olamide's standard, i think in recent times this is his best...wavy level is for d matured n dope minds...5star rating d jam!! Afonjas shud kill dem sefz!! grin grin angry

1 Like

Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by livingstoneony(m): 5:19am On Jun 03, 2017
This song is only paving way for a bigger talent coming in #watchout #thankmelater
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by riyanxeally(f): 5:44am On Jun 03, 2017
lets face it the more trashy the better in naija so who cares
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by holluphemydavid(m): 5:49am On Jun 03, 2017
adepeter26:
That sing wan thrash small ojare
Apostle must hear of dis ur sentence
Re: Olamide’s New Song “Wavy Level” - Hit Or Trash? by omoluabiguy: 6:09am On Jun 03, 2017
mebad:

Me too. I know that feeling angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vector Blasts President Buhari In 'GunShots' His New Song / Wizkid, Davido Top Billboard Sales Charts / Yemi Alade Features Trey Songz In New Song(Photos,Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.