Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,540 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

How Do I Get My 2yr Old To Sit Still To Get Her Hair Done? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Get My 2yr Old To Sit Still To Get Her Hair Done? (800 Views)

Illness Causes 20-year-old To Look-like A Toddler / 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth / Is It Necessary To Teach Babies To Sit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get My 2yr Old To Sit Still To Get Her Hair Done? by Ilelobola: 3:59pm On Jan 18, 2010
I wonder if I can get tips on how to get my 2 yr old daughter to sit down and get her hair done. I've tried offering sweets, biscuits, her favourite programme etc but she won't sit still; too much screaming. She'd rather no one touched her hair than have those things. I've also taken her to the salon and hidden so she won't see me but the wailing was unbearable I asked them to stop.

I used to do it whilst she was asleep so she's not been used to it all along but these days she even wakes in the middle of it and tries to stay up to prevent me touching it. It's not that it's hurting her as her hair is soft and I apply loads of detangler, she just doesn't want it touched. Yesterday I spent about 3 hours doing 8 lines. The only time I've been able to do her hair in about 30mins she was on medication which made her drowsy. I can't be sedating her unnecessarily and I don't want to cut it.

Anyone got any ideas please?
Re: How Do I Get My 2yr Old To Sit Still To Get Her Hair Done? by AYOANU: 5:14pm On Jan 18, 2010
I GUESS ITS MORE EASIER WHEN SHE IS ASLEEP, BUT U SAID U'VE TRIED THAT.

IF U KNOW HOW TO WEAVE HAIR URSELF, U CAN WEAVE IT ANYTIME.

CHILDREN COULD BE SO FUNNY, JUST CONTINUE TO PET HER.
Re: How Do I Get My 2yr Old To Sit Still To Get Her Hair Done? by Fhemmmy: 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2010
Be breastfeeding her while someone else is doing the hair . . . as for me oh, 4 weeks max of breastfeeding is the best i can allow . . .
Re: How Do I Get My 2yr Old To Sit Still To Get Her Hair Done? by dgb4(m): 6:56pm On Jan 18, 2010
not all children likes their hair plaited.

Leave the poor girl alone, she dont need disturbance.

Just give her a low cut.
Chikena!
Re: How Do I Get My 2yr Old To Sit Still To Get Her Hair Done? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 18, 2010
Re: How Do I Get My 2yr Old To Sit Still To Get Her Hair Done? by oln: 11:26am On Jan 19, 2010
lol.this thread is funny o.ur child has really shown dat she knows wht she wants.my frend had once complained abt her daughters dislike for plaitin of hair.d remedy she took to was to make just 6-8balls and decorate wit ribbons.i hope it helps
Re: How Do I Get My 2yr Old To Sit Still To Get Her Hair Done? by Ilelobola: 5:01pm On Jan 22, 2010
Thx guys.

Buns are nice but don't last long, couple of days max. I prefer cornrow which she can have for about 2weeks. I shall keep staying up once every 2 weeks to get it done until she's a bit older and more co-operative or till when I can keep her in a straitjacket cheesy!

(1) (Reply)

Work Is Anti-family / Court Dissolves Marriage Following Husband's Abuse By Wife / Good Ivf Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.