Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,076 members, 7,825,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers (40353 Views)

Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria / Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations / TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by SalamRushdie: 7:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
9jakohai:

Channels is doing well....I guess because they expanded slowly.

Channels is not doing too well , most media outlets including channels have been borrowing to pay

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by ojun50(m): 7:47pm On Jun 02, 2017
Salt3:

Na why you dey call me
person no fit call u again
Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by Xbee007(m): 7:48pm On Jun 02, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
Tinubu u don bash ma car.....oyibo repete...!!

I talk am say Tinubu market go soon hear am for 'Chanji'... see
naa??

During GEJ period u expand ya bizness like water but u go Daura go bow down to the BadNews Dullard Jihadist come drag am to become president .... now see ya life??
It is only people like you that are easily fooled by this kind of fake news. Have u ever watched TVC b4? They get more advert than Channels and AIT.
Come to think of it, they can't boast of 145 workers in Nigeria alone cos they have other bases across Africa as well.
Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by luckingto50: 7:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
DocHMD:
Most of the workers na ewedu people fighting Biafrans on the internet.

More gnashing of teeth for them. grin grin

U be human being at all?
Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 02, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Channels is not doing too well, most media outlets including channels have been borrowing to pay

I won't be surprised.

Even in good times....running tv station in Nigeria is not profitable.

You are now competing with cable, I doubt they earn much from advertising, and they do not behave like BBC and create and sell content.(BBC earns billions from making and selling programs.).

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by SalamRushdie: 7:52pm On Jun 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:
It's high time the broadcast industry realised that the beat is changing..........
Online platforms have simply put all the advertisement revenues in their basket and run away with it/them.....

Advertising spend has dropped by over 60 percent in the last two years

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by sanpipita(m): 7:52pm On Jun 02, 2017
This thing will go round till Nigerians receive sense, especially afonjas who waste their intellectual abilities defending the AWOL Daura President..

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by ephi321(f): 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kathmandu:
But Channels is doing fine

That dude you replied, all he does all day is defend the govt. Don't waste your time.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by SalamRushdie: 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
9jakohai:

I won't be surprised.

Even in good times....running tv station in Nigeria is not profitable.

You are now competing with cable, I doubt they earn much from advertising, and they do not behave like BBC and create and sell content.(BBC earns billions from making and selling programs.).

Channels is lucky because they still earn from political coverages which is currently their major source of revenue

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 02, 2017
ephi321:

That dude you replied, all he does all day is defend the govt. Don't waste your time.
Thanks for the Heads up grin

Did you see that Museveni thread

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by Geesaintagape: 7:55pm On Jun 02, 2017
How many workers where their b4 i doubt this report
Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by ephi321(f): 7:56pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kathmandu:
Thanks for the Heads up grin

Did you see that Museveni thread

Nah, which thread was that?
Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by fatiaforreal: 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
CHILDREN OF HATE!
The hatred that has driven you from one disaster to another from inception is still very much alive in you. It can only lead you to another series of disasters.
When the that INEFFECTUAL BUFFOON was killing the economy, you thought the effects could only be immediate because you were blinded by hate. Most of the things we're witnessing now were set in motion years back. Be honest.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by tete7000(m): 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
The station is just one political tool in the hand of Tinubu, I doubt they ever had intention of running a viable business. So it is not surprising they are laying off. Buhari has refused to pay back.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 02, 2017
ephi321:

Nah, which thread was that?
Check my following its about Twitter and Museveni
Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by Lexusgs430: 7:59pm On Jun 02, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Advertising spend has dropped by over 60 percent in the last two years

It's increased online, simply because it's better. The advent of smartphones was the total game changer...

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by Chukazu: 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kathmandu:

Channels is run by a core media personality, John MOMOH, that guy eats and breathes media, give him halve of what Tinubu has and Channels would be competing with CNN.. Tinubu is a media propagandist

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by Montaque(m): 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kathmandu:
People r missing the point. Tvc is focusing on national scene to compete well with channels. All for 2019. It is nothing about recession
Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by ebby9z(m): 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2017
My PPA during service. The workforce is over bloated tho. Most got appointments there because of politics not because of competence

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 02, 2017
People still watch TV channels ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by ephi321(f): 8:03pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kathmandu:
Check my following its about Twitter and Museveni

Seen it. Absolutely ​disgraceful, it's like these people do not even have any common sense again. Chai!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by sanpipita(m): 8:03pm On Jun 02, 2017
fatiaforreal:
CHILDREN OF HATE!
The hatred that has driven you from one disaster to another from inception is still very much alive in you. It can only lead you to another series of disasters.
When the that INEFFECTUAL BUFFOON was killing the economy, you thought the effects could only be immediate because you were blinded by hate. Most of the things we're witnessing now were set in motion years back. Be honest with your Igbos for once.

Go and tell this to 145 who just got sacked, they had a job under the ineffectual buffoon, by the way have you eaten tonight? cos these days what people like you feed on is lies since the AWOL president has inflated price of everything.

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by akanbiaa(m): 8:03pm On Jun 02, 2017
What is TVC total staff strength ?
Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by ephi321(f): 8:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
Chukazu:

Channels is run by a core media personality, John MOMOH, that guy eats and breathes media, give him halve of what Tinubu has and Channels would be competing with CNN.. Tinubu is a media propagandist

Channels stands out to say the truth. John Momoh is a professional and knows his stuff.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 02, 2017
Whaaaaaaat? You mean this demonic CHAINge has started affecting even tinubu the multi-billionaire/CHAINge pioneer?...how much more the common man??
Nig needs an urgent rescue!

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2017
ephi321:

Seen it. Absolutely ​disgraceful, it's like these people do not even have any common sense again. Chai!
grin grin grin.

Africa my Africa will remain backward because of our ancestors are ruling us

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by ephi321(f): 8:09pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kathmandu:
grin grin grin.

Africa my Africa will remain backward because of our ancestors are ruling us

Ancestors and great great grandpas grin

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by teemy(m): 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
Jahred52:
See the news I saw...

Seems TVC is restructuring...

For those staff members affected by today's announcement the Board of CBS Ltd. has approved a generous severance package in addition to a programme of assistance to enable them seek new employment.
At the very least I appreciate the cushioning consideration provided for them.
Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by dedunji: 8:12pm On Jun 02, 2017
Nigeria is the present African IDP camp ,expect nothing here , when did we hear Good news last ?

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by magmack: 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
Fabulosdave01:
Some people are already saying they deserve it. Not everyone in tvc voted buhari remember
Which people come vote am, now that everyone is denying buhari?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by mexxmoney: 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
Xbee007:

It is only people like you that are easily fooled by this kind of fake news. Have u ever watched TVC b4? They get more advert than Channels and AIT.
Come to think of it, they can't boast of 145 workers in Nigeria alone cos they have other bases across Africa as well.

Are u saying that TVC themselves are lying? because their management released a statement to that effect They are closing down TVC Africa and some other stations because they are not financially viable and 145 members of staff will be affected. Just Google it and get the facts Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers by opius: 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
adem30:
Just look at urself OP, even your link carries 145, why you are posting 300 on your topic

Where did u see 300 biko ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Dohmel Samson, 12-year-old Jos Pencil Artist (photos) / Benue, Kogi, Plateau Pay Civil Servants High Despite Poor Revenue / Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.