Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,336 members, 7,836,403 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 (34653 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare: "I Will Succeed Buhari As President Of Nigeria" / Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim: I Am Ready For Debate With Buhari Not Osinbajo / Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by SuperS1Panther: 4:14pm On Jun 02, 2017
DocHMD:

We've also had enough from the yorubas, they contributed in the destruction of the country they led for 11 years. That's more than 20% of our national life.

Yorubas tenure built your refineries

Yorubas tenure gave you telecoms

Yorubas tenure reformed your Pension

Yorubas tenure made your Financial Institution stronger.

Yorubas tenure ensured your debt were forgiven.

Yorubas tenure ensured our savinsg moved fronm USD3bn to 36bn

yorubas tenure built Afam VI, started IPPs, refurbished Kainji Dam,

Yorubas tenure gave you the National Stadium in Abuja

Yorubas tenure handed over to a democratically elected President during military and civilian eras.

Yoruba tenure started the revamping of your rail system.

Yorubas tenure created unprecedented number of employment.

Yorubas tenure earned Nigeria respect within the comity of nations.

51 Likes 10 Shares

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by OVI75(m): 4:14pm On Jun 02, 2017
[img]In my Juvenile yrs in Nairaland I use to take him (Mister Serious) Now I know better.[/img].
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by ifex370(m): 4:15pm On Jun 02, 2017
V
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:16pm On Jun 02, 2017
hucienda:
FP loading. grin

Points 1 and 2 are obvious to fair minded folks. For before Nigeria can have a President from the political South-South again there has to be a Yoruba President and before that one, there has to be an Igbo President. No shortcut can deviate the country from that path.

It's a no brainer though 'cos North will always vote themselves and it's obvious how the SE-SS-SW will given the realities that were exposed in 2015.

The question however will be whether that person will stay 4 years ... or get greedy.
wink
When we get to 2023 we shall decide our direction.
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by MayorofLagos(m): 4:17pm On Jun 02, 2017
Being a multi-ethnic region, it will be highly unfair for one region and ethnic group to seek to occupy the slot of the South in the Presidency in 2019 irrespective of whether it is the office of the President or the Vice President. It will amount to injustice to the ethnic nationalities in the South save the Yoruba for Yemi Osinbajo to succeed Buhari in 2019..

You looney....
We practice "democratic" system of ruling in Nigeria, not SLOTocratic.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by linuxuser(m): 4:17pm On Jun 02, 2017
The OP makes sense to some extent in that Osibanjo does not deserve to replace the Dullard. The truth is that it's the time of the north to hold the presidency and it simply makes sense to allow that to prevail. Anything otherwise we will simply be working in a circle.

4 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by SuperS1Panther: 4:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Bro, this is one blackmail that can never move me.

Yorubas only recently occupied the Presidency for 8 unbroken years and VP for 2 years (and counting) of the 18 years of this dispensation. The North were begged to allow Jonathan in 2011 (which naturally should be their turn in the interest of equity and justice), while the Southeast is yet to produce a VP not to talk of the Presidency.

If you are fair you should be championing a northern Presidency and Igbo Presidency if you are for the interest of the South.

This is justice, Nigeria belongs to all of us.

Igbo presidency in which country?

Please presidency is not won by blackmail, name calling threat of secession and threat of war, violence and genocide., It is won by bridge building and alliances.

You work for presidency, it is not dropped on your laps.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:24pm On Jun 02, 2017
emorse:
I'm sorry but this is plain dumb. How OP conveniently omitted Babangida, Abacha and Abdulsalam from the list of northern rulers beats me.
The years of northern military rule was one of the reasons why the whole country agreed for Southern presidency in 1999. Should we perpetually keep them out? Beside, if any zone from the South is to aspire for President it should be the Southeast

19 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 02, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

When he was first elevated to the status of Acting President on 19 January 2017, Professor Yemi Osinbajo embarked on a tour on Niger Delta region. His entourage include Minister of State for Petroleum, Ibe Ikachukwu; Minister of State for Agriculture, Senator Heineken Lokpobiri, as well as the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs. A move seen as a welcomed development by the good people of Niger Delta who saw it as a new chapter to finding lasting solution to the seemingly unending Niger Delta question. Not one of the rhetorical promises made to the people of Niger Delta by Acting President Osinbajo was ever fulfilled or rather, is yet to be fulfilled.

Some of us, however, suspected that the Osinbajo was neither interested in proffering solution to the Niger Delta question but to start a clandestine move to build his political capital ahead of 2019 Presidential election having read his body language.

As Vice President and sensing that President Buhari is/may be medically unfit to stand for re-election in 2019, Professor Yemi Osinbajo shifted his attention to build network in the north all for 2019.

On Thursday April 13, he went to Adamawa state to acquire the title of "Jagaban of Adamawa Emirate". Only yesterday, he went to Cross river state to collect another traditional title in Efik kingdom, Ada Idaha Ke Efik Eburutu. For what reason if not political?

While I recognize that the Nigeria Constitution gives Yemi Osinbajo the right to contest for any office, including the Presidency, I must also state that his clandestine moves to succeed Muhammadu Buhari in 2019 is counterproductive to the interest of Nigerians and threat to the unity of our country, this is aside his sheer incompetency in public service since he assumed office as Vice President, Chairman of National Planning Commission and Chairman of National Economic Council.

This article is not to talk about his preference for employing only people of his Yoruba ethnic group as Personal Aides, all these are stories for some other time. This article is strictly about the injustice that his Presidency will mean to the rest of the country if we allow it to materialise.

1. HIS PRESIDENCY IS UNJUST TO THE SOUTH
In the history of Nigeria, the Southwest and Yoruba nation have led the country for a combined period of 11 years and 11 months; Chief Olusegun Obasanjo held sway for 11 years and 8 months (8 years as President and 3 years and 8 months as Military ruler) while Ernest Shonekan held sway for 3 months.

Meanwhile, the South-south only led Nigeria for only 5 years and 25 days through Goodluck Jonathan, while the Southeast has NEVER led the country in Executive capacity save the 7 months under the military reign of General Aguiyi Ironsi.

Under this present democratic dispensation, SW and Yoruba nation has led the country for 8 years and has been occupying the Vice President office since 2015.

The Southsouth led the country for only 5 years and 25 days and occupied the office of for 3 years through Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

The Southeast has neither produced the President nor the Vice President.

Being a multi-ethnic region, it will be highly unfair for one region and ethnic group to seek to occupy the slot of the South in the Presidency in 2019 irrespective of whether it is the office of the President or the Vice President. It will amount to injustice to the ethnic nationalities in the South save the Yoruba for Yemi Osinbajo to succeed Buhari in 2019..

2. HIS PRESIDENCY IS UNJUST TO THE NORTH:
Since the return of this democratic dispensation in 1999, while the South enjoyed power for a total of 13 years (SW 8, SS 5), while the north only did for 5 years and counting through late Umaru Musa Yar’adua (3 years) and Muhammadu Buhari (2 years and counting). If the status quo remains till 2019, the north will haul a meager combined period of 7 years; a far cry when compared with the 13 years that the South held sway.

It is both morally and politically just that the North be allowed to produce the President of Nigeria come 2019 for another 4 years period. We must realize that injustice is injustice anywhere. Allowing Osinbajo, a Yorubaman/Southerner to succeed Buhari in 2019 will only cause disaffection among those in the northern part of the country. There will be feelings of marginalization will crept in. This is a situation the country cannot afford to entertain at this period.

MY SUPPORT FOR NORTH/SOUTHEAST TICKET IN 2019
Nigeria belongs to everybody, it does not belong to a section of the country. While it is fair for power to remain in the north, it is also fair for the Southeast to be part of the equation after years of absence. The only way to allow justice prevail is for a North/Southeast Presidency in 2019.

This arrangement, I strongly believe will calm the nerves of the people of the Southeast, give the Igbo people a sense of ownership in the Nigeria project and a sense of belonging in the affairs of Nigeria.

The Yoruba nation has always stood for justice, I am optimistic that they will stand for what is right come 2019. I have no doubt in my mind that they will not oppose the aspiration of a credible aspirant from the northern extraction and an Igbo man to assume the office of the President and Vice President respectively in 2019.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria
Is anything wrong in having igbo as president and Hausa/Fulani as vice since you stand on equity and fairness? Na swell dem swell for igbo not to taste power,

14 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by EzeUche(m): 4:25pm On Jun 02, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Please presidency is not won by blackmail, name calling threat of secession and threat of war, violence and genocide., It is won by bridge building and alliances.

Was that really how Obasanjo came to power?

Or was it to placate the Yoruba after the Abiola saga?

31 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 02, 2017
DocHMD:

I thought "others hate ibos and love yorubas' according to your usual narratives? grin grin

I don't want to insult the igbos again cos what is the need of stepping on one who is already down? We are talking Yorubas and you are talking igbo. Are Igbos even considered Nigerians anymore ?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by HiddenShadow: 4:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
Tonyebarcanista you spoke wisely

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by SuperS1Panther: 4:30pm On Jun 02, 2017
EzeUche:

Was that realty how Obasanjo came to power?

Or was it to placate the Yoruba after the Abiola saga?

He came to Power because a Yoruba man that has built bridges over the years won an election which was annulled.

The sustained agitation for correction of that VISIBLE injustice led to OBJ's presidency. The agitation for upholding of June 12 was the work.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 02, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Is anything wrong in having igbo as president and Hausa/Fulani as vice since you stand on equity and fairness? Na swell dem swell for igbo not to taste power,

Are igbos Nigerians?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by SuperS1Panther: 4:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
The years of northern military rule was one of the reasons why the whole country agreed for Southern presidency in 1999. Should we perpetually keep them out? Beside, if any zone from the South is to aspire for President it should be the Southeast

South East kolewerk.

They are not Nigerians. DO you want them to sell Nigeria to Indonesia?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 02, 2017
DocHMD:

We've also had enough from the yorubas, they contributed in the destruction of the country they led for 11 years. That's more than 20% of our national life.

Then maybe a TIV man should come and rule us.

4 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by HiddenShadow: 4:32pm On Jun 02, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Bro, this is one blackmail that can never move me.

Yorubas only recently occupied the Presidency for 8 unbroken years and VP for 2 years (and counting) of the 18 years of this dispensation. The North were begged to allow Jonathan in 2011 (which naturally should be their turn in the interest of equity and justice), while the Southeast is yet to produce a VP not to talk of the Presidency.

If you are fair you should be championing a northern Presidency and Igbo Presidency if you are for the interest of the South.

This is justice, Nigeria belongs to all of us.

You spoke wisely

The Yorubas can keep fooling themselves

Power must go round and this time around

2019-2027
North= President
East= Vice President

2027-2035
East= President
North= Vice President

This is how it should be in the interest of fairness, equity and justice

12 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by HiddenShadow: 4:34pm On Jun 02, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Yorubas tenure handed over to a democratically elected President during military and civilian eras.

So other southern tribes are mumu to you

Guy go and sit down

Power must go round

Osibanjo tenure ends 2019

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by BMZK: 4:34pm On Jun 02, 2017
Sensual:
This is just senseless.

Are you trying to say that Yemi does not have leadership qualities
He has every right to contest in 2019. Yes it would seem shady if he was contesting against Buhari(if the idiot decides to contest again), but who fvcking cares?
We've had enough from the north. Why can't someone else from the west, east or any other region apart from North lead this country
This is one of the reasons igbos want Biafra.

I personally prefer Osinbajo to Buhari or any Northern alhaji.
Let us see what Osinbajo is capable of. The man has shown promising leadership traits.

The leadership mantle needs to be stripped from the North!
Osinbajo contesting against Buhari ?? Even on his sick bed Buhari will defeat him hands down because they are not mates in politics.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by BAILMONEY: 4:34pm On Jun 02, 2017
SuperS1Panther:
A credible Northerner that will do only 4years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biafraudster cannot be our VP. The Northerner MUST pick Osinbajo.

In 2023, it will be a Yoruba Presidential Aspirant vs Anywhere that choose to contest from the SOuth.

I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS AFONJA CHRISTIAN. O MA SE OOOOOOO

18 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by paramakina202: 4:34pm On Jun 02, 2017
DEXTROVERT:
Who
is
the
vice president
or
president
material
they
produced....

rochas- the non performer except his belle
amaechi- the corrupt Almighty
obiano -the vegetarians
Wike : the blood spiller
ekweremadu- the fraudster
nmadi kanu- the Jewish, with dual passport
chime - the woman beater
uzor kalu- the Maradona
ifeanyi uba- the money dubler, used NNPC fuel without conscience

they kept creating enemies and making the whole country see them as a treat instead of mending bridges

SE has over a million Osinbanjos who was just a mere commissioner what we don't have is illiterate vindictive bigoted Buhari.

9 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by DocHMD: 4:34pm On Jun 02, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

In yoruba tenure, corruption increased geometrically, Telecoms scandals, halliburton scandal etc.

In yoruba tenure power generation declined. Importation of I pass my neighbour generator increased geometrically.

Under yoruba tenure sharia law was created which indirectly created Boko haram that have caused loss of thousands of lives till today.

Under yoruba tenure, Naira moved from N40 to N150 against the dollar.

Under yoruba tenure, people go to aso rock to bribe in cash or kind order to get oil well and telecom license. Merit was thrown out of the window. Corruption was enthroned

I can go on and on. yorubas destroyed the country.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Amarabae(f): 4:35pm On Jun 02, 2017
Good point raised.
I hate injustice, it irritates me,
South west have had an 8years presidency under OBJ and currently a 4yrs vice presidency under Osibanjo.
So whats the noise for an osibanjo 8yrs presidency?
Are there no other geopolitical zones in this country? Its funny that some people who shouted Sai buhari in 2015 are secretly praying for him to die.
This kind of self centered selfish politics should stop please.
I have nothing against a liberal northerner being President.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by HiddenShadow: 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2017
MayorofLagos:

You looney.... We practice "democratic" system of ruling in Nigeria, not SLOTocratic.

Yoruba people should know that power must go round
Osibanjo tenure ends 2019 after which, he returns back to the pulpit

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by jmoore(m): 4:37pm On Jun 02, 2017
Play your cards, but God will play his own cards as well.

Yar adua did not complete his term.

Buhari is sick, obviously can't complete his term. Maybe he may resign or.....

Elect another northerner with an Igbo vice president, if the above scenario repeats itself an Igbo man will automatically find his way to to the office of the President.

2019, we go see na.

1 Like

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by hucienda: 4:37pm On Jun 02, 2017
Going through this thread I've noticed the posts representing SW interest don't want to wait their turn.

Why is that?

cc LordAdam16

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by HiddenShadow: 4:38pm On Jun 02, 2017
asuustrike2009:

North first then East

We are assuming it from 1999

Besides, we Igbos aren't in a haste

2027 isn't far

19 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

My brother, we must understand that irrespective of the deeds of citizens, sanity can never be restored without justice.

Niger Deltans had this sense of belonging in Nigeria after Jonathan was elected Vice President and President despite act of carnage perpetrated by self acclaimed agitators.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Ngokafor(f): 4:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
...I do not know how 2019 will be..but one thing i am sure of is that Osibanjo will not succed buhari..period.

15 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by OkoNDOoBo: 4:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
sai baba till 2023!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by jmoore(m): 4:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
The Southeast has neither produced the President nor the Vice President.

You pointed out that Southeast has produced no president nor vice, why did you refuse to allocate 2019 presidency to the southeast?

What is so special about the north, that is must be a northerner president? What is wrong with an Igbo man as President and a northerner as vice?

Nigeria will never move forward till this ridiculous fraudulent quota system is erased from the mindset of youths like you.

Meritocracy over zoning formula. is the way out!!!!!!!!!!

undecided

15 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by HiddenShadow: 4:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
hucienda:
Going through this thread I've noticed the posts representing SW interest don't want to wait their turn.

Why is that?

They think other southerners are fools they can ride on

Power must rotate and the country restructured if Nigeria must continue to exist

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities / Children Draw To Recount Their Boko Haram Experiences (Photos) / Thugs Disrupt Osun Crossover Party, Governor Oyetola Ferried To Safety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.