Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,505 members, 7,836,954 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 (34663 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare: "I Will Succeed Buhari As President Of Nigeria" / Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim: I Am Ready For Debate With Buhari Not Osinbajo / Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by MayorofLagos(m): 10:47am On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Oga, you are a Yoruba nationalist (is it supremacist?) and I don't expect anything less.

I am a man that believes in Equity and justice, this position my ethnic group stand on.

The North has had performers like Rabiu Kwankwaso, Sule Lamido, Ibrahim Shema, Hassan Dankwambo and several others who served and still serving as Governors. These are men that beat all aforementioned names you listed!!! Yet, no noise...

I'm not opposing Yoruba nation but I'm for rotational leadership across board to give everyone sense of belonging. Nigeria belongs to all of us

You know, it should be nice to score and rank public officers. That way we remove ambiguity. All Hausa governors carry the mantle of Northerner on head and disturb us with noise of Arewa but yet no commitment towards a regional growth and progress. How can such people be better than governors who have championed growth, security and progress for their region? 6yrs and counting, Arewa this, Arewa that but they lack cohesion and vision to intervene and collectively push bokoharam out. These guys are poor resource managers and visionless, their citizens have abandoned homes and resttled in states where you say Governors make noise.

If you would be fair, not driven by personal motive, you should advocate for rotation amongst ethnics, and not regions. Has Kanuri ever been President or Vice President?

1 Like

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Prinztong(m): 10:49am On Jun 03, 2017
2019 Election Will Sweet Die Joor....Hmmmm. Apc need to be Careful or They'll loose out

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Benekruku(m): 10:49am On Jun 03, 2017
North retains till 2019 and West takes over till 2026. A South-South candidacy after 2026 is quite feasible if the political status quo is maintained.
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by jmoore(m): 10:51am On Jun 03, 2017
undecided
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 03, 2017
Diademk07:
Lmao.

Tonye is surely having a laugh or just being deluded.

The truth is the South can never be united, never I would say. Eventually, it would be the North ruling us for eternity which I'm up for anyway. Tbh, I never voted for Buhari nor Jona because I realised both are eediots, especially Jonathan who went all tribalistic in his approach and was never subtle about it. How could you as a president of different ethnics sit in front of a group of individuals calling another tribe "amala"? Not only did the eediot do that but had the audacity to laugh at the joke...

I simply sat at home that day watching how things would unfold and I will likely do that once again in the next election but what I know is the fact that the North will keep ruling us for ever, they only need one of the south alliance to make up the numbers and that's all. Jonathan and his advisers ruined what could have been. Such a shame!
Good points. You nailed it.

1 Like

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Toks2008(m): 10:53am On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

Tonye I like you and I have carefully gone through your piece but come close let me tell you something about your article..

come closer and slowly.

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 03, 2017
OMG watch Davido Top10 unknown secret facts
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:54am On Jun 03, 2017
Lolol. JigSawKiller what did I tell you about the APDA this dude was promoting on Wednesday?

The character of the people promoting a party tells us so much about the core ideology (not the nonsense manifesto they claim) of the party.

What do you think now? I've studied this guy, his days with PDP, his days with Gbawe and APC, and his seasonal u-turns. He's not con enough.
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by MayorofLagos(m): 10:56am On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I have always maintained at every given opportunity that the Igbos must be allowed to produce at least the NUMBER 2 man and subsequently the Number 1 man in this country from 2019-2031/2035.

Since 1999,

The SS has occupied both positions for 8 years (5 years President and 3 years VP)

The Southwest occupied both positions for 10 years and counting (8 as President and 2+ as VP)

The SE should be allowed and supported by all to produce the Southern slot in both capacities in succession before we can talk of shifting to another zone in the South.

Otherwise, it is injustice!!!

You are well spoken but you are not well taught in politics. You don't allow or give Presidential office. Aspirants must invest themselves. If Ibo wants to be President what are they erecting currently in the political landscape to secure that interest?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Misterdhee1(m): 10:56am On Jun 03, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

He came to Power because a Yoruba man that has built bridges over the years won an election which was annulled.

The sustained agitation for correction of that VISIBLE injustice led to OBJ's presidency. The agitation for upholding of June 12 was the work.

Actually, OBJ's 1999 triumph was a consolation for the Abiola's saga.
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:56am On Jun 03, 2017
MayorofLagos:

You know, it should be nice to score and rank public officers. That way we remove ambiguity. All Hausa governors carry the mantle of Northerner on head and disturb us with noise of Arewa but yet no commitment towards a regional growth and progress. How can such people be better than governors who have championed growth, security and progress for their region? 6yrs and counting, Arewa this, Arewa that but they lack cohesion and vision to intervene and collectively push bokoharam out. These guys are poor resource managers and visionless, their citizens have abandoned homes and resttled in states where you say Governors make noise.

If you would be fair, not driven by personal motive, you should advocate for rotation amongst ethnics, and not regions. Has Kanuri ever been President or Vice President?
My brother, I have no personal motive here.

My position on the "North" mean the NE, NW and NC. Whoever is credible enough that shows interest is welcomed by me.

My position on Igbo/SE is of the conviction that it will amount to political and societal immortality to have another Yoruba Presidency in 2019 when only 18 years ago we had one, who left power 10 years ago, while the SE is yet to have anybody as President or Vice president; the only zone in the South.

If the office of the President is to shift to the South, then it should go to SE/Igbo. But considering that the North has only led for 5+ years out of 18 since this present dispensation, it is only fair we cede 2019 to them while support an Igbo man as Vice.

There are other positions in the Presidency that other groups can work and contribute to Nigeria's development.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by SuperS1Panther: 10:57am On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Oga, you are a Yoruba nationalist (is it supremacist?) and I don't expect anything less.

I am a man that believes in Equity and justice, this position my ethnic group stand on.

The North has had performers like Rabiu Kwankwaso, Sule Lamido, Ibrahim Shema, Hassan Dankwambo and several others who served and still serving as Governors. These are men that beat all aforementioned names you listed!!! Yet, no noise...

I'm not opposing Yoruba nation but I'm for rotational leadership across board to give everyone sense of belonging. Nigeria belongs to all of us

Bros you are very funny.

Where is it stated in our constitution that Power must be by rotation? Was it not a political arrangement by the devilish PDP party.

Power does not drop on the laps of anybody, you work for it, you build bridges, you go into strategic alliances etc. A sample of preaching of hate against others is what you saw with the killing South East Devt Comm Bill. Does SE needs the bIll, in my hearts of heart I know they do, bu with their connivance over the Bill on Lagos, I was up for tit-for-tat. That is politics. No sentiments and no emotions.

Any SE VP or Presidential candidate as at today will be a political liability rather than an asset from the perspective of other regions.

Mark my words, no political CR7 that knows his onions will make that mistake. The level of mistrust for them is high, their backstabbing is legendary and their garrulous nature is unfancied by anybody.

For now it is easier for a Berom man to become a President than for Nigeria to have a VP that is Igbo.

4 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by pmc01(m): 10:57am On Jun 03, 2017
Sensual:
This is just senseless.

Are you trying to say that Yemi does not have leadership qualities
He has every right to contest in 2019. Yes it would seem shady if he was contesting against Buhari(if the idiot decides to contest again), but who fvcking cares?
We've had enough from the north. Why can't someone else from the west, east or any other region apart from North lead this country
This is one of the reasons igbos want Biafra.

I personally prefer Osinbajo to Buhari or any Northern alhaji.
Let us see what Osinbajo is capable of. The man has shown promising leadership traits.

The leadership mantle needs to be stripped from the North!
Let me deviate from the topic and focus on your signature. So you think PMs are just for wooing ladies right? Rather than sell yourself through your signature, you advertise yourself as a snob. Even those at the top already make themselves available to be communicated with.
It might be none of my business though, but I feel it is important to at least enlighten you a bit. Regards.

1 Like

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Barrywilly(m): 10:57am On Jun 03, 2017
You said South East has never produced a vice president of Nigeria. So Alex Ekwueme and Comm Ebitu Ukiwe were from Ado Ekiti abi. The hemp you are smoking is directly from India.

1 Like

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by cardoctor(m): 10:58am On Jun 03, 2017
So what you mean is that the Constitution has to be changed overnight for that to happen. SMH Tribal and ethnic war is about to start.

1 Like

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by femi4: 10:58am On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

When he was first elevated to the status of Acting President on 19 January 2017, Professor Yemi Osinbajo embarked on a tour on Niger Delta region. His entourage included Minister of State for Petroleum, Ibe Ikachukwu; Minister of State for Agriculture, Senator Heineken Lokpobiri, as well as the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs. A move seen as a welcomed development by the good people of Niger Delta who saw it as a new chapter to finding lasting solution to the seemingly unending Niger Delta question. Not one of the rhetorical promises made to the people of Niger Delta by Acting President Osinbajo was ever fulfilled or rather, is yet to be fulfilled.

Some of us, however, suspected that the Osinbajo was neither interested in proffering solution to the Niger Delta question but to start a clandestine move to build his political capital ahead of 2019 Presidential election having read his body language.

As Vice President and sensing that President Buhari is/may be medically unfit to stand for re-election in 2019, Professor Yemi Osinbajo shifted his attention to build network in the north all for 2019.

On Thursday April 13, he went to Adamawa state to acquire the title of "Jagaban of Adamawa Emirate". Only yesterday, he went to Cross river state to collect another traditional title in Efik kingdom, Ada Idaha Ke Efik Eburutu. For what reason if not political?

While I recognize that the Nigeria Constitution gives Yemi Osinbajo the right to contest for any office, including the Presidency, I must also state that his clandestine moves to succeed Muhammadu Buhari in 2019 is counterproductive to the interest of Nigerians and threat to the unity of our country, this is aside his sheer incompetency in public service since he assumed office as Vice President, Chairman of National Planning Commission and Chairman of National Economic Council.

This article is not to talk about his preference for employing only people of his Yoruba ethnic group as Personal Aides, all these are stories for some other time. This article is strictly about the injustice that his Presidency will mean to the rest of the country if we allow it to materialise.

1. HIS PRESIDENCY IS UNJUST TO THE SOUTH
In the history of Nigeria, the Southwest and Yoruba nation have led the country for a combined period of 11 years and 11 months; Chief Olusegun Obasanjo held sway for 11 years and 8 months (8 years as President and 3 years and 8 months as Military ruler) while Ernest Shonekan held sway for 3 months.

Meanwhile, the South-south only led Nigeria for only 5 years and 25 days through Goodluck Jonathan, while the Southeast has NEVER led the country in Executive capacity save the 7 months under the military reign of General Aguiyi Ironsi.

Under this present democratic dispensation, SW and Yoruba nation has led the country for 8 years and has been occupying the Vice President office since 2015.

The Southsouth led the country for only 5 years and 25 days and occupied the office of Vice President for 3 years through Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

The Southeast has neither produced the President nor the Vice President.

Being a multi-ethnic region, it will be highly unfair for one region and ethnic group to seek to occupy the slot of the South in the Presidency in 2019 irrespective of whether it is the office of the President or the Vice President. It will amount to injustice to the ethnic nationalities in the South save the Yoruba for Yemi Osinbajo to succeed Buhari in 2019..

2. HIS PRESIDENCY IS UNJUST TO THE NORTH:
Since the return of this democratic dispensation in 1999, while the South enjoyed power for a total of 13 years (SW 8, SS 5), while the north only did for 5 years and counting through late Umaru Musa Yar’adua (3 years) and Muhammadu Buhari (2 years and counting). If the status quo remains till 2019, the north will haul a meager combined period of 7 years; a far cry when compared with the 13 years that the South held sway.

It is both morally and politically just that the North be allowed to produce the President of Nigeria come 2019 for another 4 years period. We must realize that injustice is injustice anywhere. Allowing Osinbajo, a Yorubaman/Southerner to succeed Buhari in 2019 will only cause disaffection among those in the northern part of the country. There will be feelings of marginalization will crept in. This is a situation the country cannot afford to entertain at this period.

MY SUPPORT FOR NORTH/SOUTHEAST TICKET IN 2019
Nigeria belongs to everybody, it does not belong to a section of the country. While it is fair for power to remain in the north, it is also fair for the Southeast to be part of the equation after years of absence. The only way to allow justice prevail is for a North/Southeast Presidency in 2019.

This arrangement, I strongly believe will calm the nerves of the people of the Southeast, give the Igbo people a sense of ownership in the Nigeria project and a sense of belonging in the affairs of Nigeria.

The Yoruba nation has always stood for justice, I am optimistic that they will stand for what is right come 2019. I have no doubt in my mind that they will not oppose the aspiration of a credible aspirant from the northern extraction and an Igbo man to assume the office of the President and Vice President respectively in 2019.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria
A typical Nigerian Politician, drawing conclusions without having facts.

Mind you, Osinbajo is not a politician and he's not eyeing any political office after his tenure.

Next time you ll be writing an article, don't let it sound like road side political analyst.

1 Like

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by MaziEDOZIE(m): 10:59am On Jun 03, 2017
Nice one....supported,Osibanjo is a good man but will never be a nice option come 2019
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by jjjjj2017: 11:00am On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

When he was first elevated to the status of Acting President on 19 January 2017, Professor Yemi Osinbajo embarked on a tour on Niger Delta region. His entourage included Minister of State for Petroleum, Ibe Ikachukwu; Minister of State for Agriculture, Senator Heineken Lokpobiri, as well as the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs. A move seen as a welcomed development by the good people of Niger Delta who saw it as a new chapter to finding lasting solution to the seemingly unending Niger Delta question. Not one of the rhetorical promises made to the people of Niger Delta by Acting President Osinbajo was ever fulfilled or rather, is yet to be fulfilled.

Some of us, however, suspected that the Osinbajo was neither interested in proffering solution to the Niger Delta question but to start a clandestine move to build his political capital ahead of 2019 Presidential election having read his body language.

As Vice President and sensing that President Buhari is/may be medically unfit to stand for re-election in 2019, Professor Yemi Osinbajo shifted his attention to build network in the north all for 2019.

On Thursday April 13, he went to Adamawa state to acquire the title of "Jagaban of Adamawa Emirate". Only yesterday, he went to Cross river state to collect another traditional title in Efik kingdom, Ada Idaha Ke Efik Eburutu. For what reason if not political?

While I recognize that the Nigeria Constitution gives Yemi Osinbajo the right to contest for any office, including the Presidency, I must also state that his clandestine moves to succeed Muhammadu Buhari in 2019 is counterproductive to the interest of Nigerians and threat to the unity of our country, this is aside his sheer incompetency in public service since he assumed office as Vice President, Chairman of National Planning Commission and Chairman of National Economic Council.

This article is not to talk about his preference for employing only people of his Yoruba ethnic group as Personal Aides, all these are stories for some other time. This article is strictly about the injustice that his Presidency will mean to the rest of the country if we allow it to materialise.

In the history of Nigeria, the Southwest and Yoruba nation have led the country for a combined period of 11 years and 11 months; Chief Olusegun Obasanjo held sway for 11 years and 8 months (8 years as President and 3 years and 8 months as Military ruler) while Ernest Shonekan held sway for 3 months.

Meanwhile, the South-south only led Nigeria for only 5 years and 25 days through Goodluck Jonathan, while the Southeast has NEVER led the country in Executive capacity save the 7 months under the military reign of General Aguiyi Ironsi.

Under this present democratic dispensation, SW and Yoruba nation has led the country for 8 years and has been occupying the Vice President office since 2015.

The Southsouth led the country for only 5 years and 25 days and occupied the office of Vice President for 3 years through Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

Being a multi-ethnic region, it will be highly unfair for one region and ethnic group to seek to occupy the slot of the South in the Presidency in 2019 irrespective of whether it is the office of the President or the Vice President. It will amount to injustice to the ethnic nationalities in the South save the Yoruba for Yemi Osinbajo to succeed Buhari in 2019..

Since the return of this democratic dispensation in 1999, while the South enjoyed power for a total of 13 years (SW 8, SS 5), while the north only did for 5 years and counting through late Umaru Musa Yar’adua (3 years) and Muhammadu Buhari (2 years and counting). If the status quo remains till 2019, the north will haul a meager combined period of 7 years; a far cry when compared with the 13 years that the South held sway.

It is both morally and politically just that the North be allowed to produce the President of Nigeria come 2019 for another 4 years period. We must realize that injustice is injustice anywhere. Allowing Osinbajo, a Yorubaman/Southerner to succeed Buhari in 2019 will only cause disaffection among those in the northern part of the country. There will be feelings of marginalization will crept in. This is a situation the country cannot afford to entertain at this period.

Nigeria belongs to everybody, it does not belong to a section of the country. While it is fair for power to remain in the north, it is also fair for the Southeast to be part of the equation after years of absence. The only way to allow justice prevail is for a North/Southeast Presidency in 2019.

This arrangement, I strongly believe will calm the nerves of the people of the Southeast, give the Igbo people a sense of ownership in the Nigeria project and a sense of belonging in the affairs of Nigeria.

The Yoruba nation has always stood for justice, I am optimistic that they will stand for what is right come 2019. I have no doubt in my mind that they will not oppose the aspiration of a credible aspirant from the northern extraction and an Igbo man to assume the office of the President and Vice President respectively in 2019.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by hollah123: 11:00am On Jun 03, 2017
Amberon11:
I'm very sorry but you don't have sense. They have been right all along. You are totally devoid of any logical reasoning.

I don't even know how to start addressing the baseless, meaningless, inconsequential nonsense you wrote up there. But do yourself a favor and pick up your sense wherever you must've dropped it.
brotherman God bless you and your generations yet unborn, look at how this yeye man is rubbing d born to rule mentality on our face. y don't u suggest a south east/middle belt ticket?all u keep shouting is north, north n north. this op is a very poor student of history. check the history of Nigeria, which tribe Av ruled most both military n politically elected n u were here screaming one useless party d other day, I don know u now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Misterdhee1(m): 11:00am On Jun 03, 2017
Sensual:

Then maybe a TIV man should come and rule us.
You are being emotionally biased unnecessarily. He never mentioned a specific individual, he said anyone from the North. And stop trying to pick on the North, for a crime we are all guilty of in Nigeria. Northern Nigeria is dominated by Muslims, same as the eastern part is dominated by Xtians.. So, according to your analogy, will the South/ South Eastern ever support an Igbo Muslim presidency. Let's be fair in our sentiments.

1 Like

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Nazacent: 11:01am On Jun 03, 2017
Situation report

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 03, 2017
@ TonyeBarcanista as long as we're going to keep playing tribal politics and not politics based on ideologies,its better for Nigeria to just become a confederacy, simple. I don't know how youths of today can still be arguing about the North the Southwest, etc when its competence that matters.
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by nwabobo: 11:03am On Jun 03, 2017
MayorofLagos:

You are well spoken but you are not well taught in politics. You don't allow or give Presidential office. Aspirants must invest themselves. If Ibo wants to be President what are they erecting currently in the political landscape to secure that interest?

What did Yorubas erect to have OBJ as president in 1999?

5 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Kassidy90(m): 11:05am On Jun 03, 2017
Remain small ...the post for make sense
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by larrybabanla(m): 11:05am On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Bro, this is one blackmail that can never move me.

Yorubas only recently occupied the Presidency for 8 unbroken years and VP for 2 years (and counting) of the 18 years of this dispensation. The North were begged to allow Jonathan in 2011 (which naturally should be their turn in the interest of equity and justice), while the Southeast is yet to produce a VP not to talk of the Presidency.

If you are fair you should be championing a northern Presidency and Igbo Presidency if you are for the interest of the South.

This is justice, Nigeria belongs to all of us.
tonye or what are you called? Na joke you dey, the solution is restructuring, shikena
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by rozayx5(m): 11:05am On Jun 03, 2017
ephi321:
This thread will soon scatter. Lemme find my way out jejely cheesy

I can never take the OP seriously, but he certainly is entitled to his views.

dude is confused

he lost it long time ago

today he is either fighting ipob or biafra

or hailing northerners the next day

smh

2 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by MrSly(m): 11:07am On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

Mr.,Barkanista. With due respect, we the Biafrans neither want nor need your vp nor presidency. All we want is freedom, Biafra.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Reps’ Speakership: Emeka Nwajiuba’s Emergence Upsets Gbajabiamila’s Ride / Caption This Photo Of Fashola And His Pretty Female Fan / Killing Of Policemen: Police Slams Army. Asks, "Where Is Arrested Kidnapper?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.