Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,987 members, 7,814,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 (34588 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare: "I Will Succeed Buhari As President Of Nigeria" / Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim: I Am Ready For Debate With Buhari Not Osinbajo / Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by HiddenShadow: 9:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
EmeriitusMbaM:

Lmao. No more biaffra right? Chaii

When the North refuses to handover power and restructure the country, then say goodbye to a Nigeria consisting of Igbos

3 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by HiddenShadow: 9:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
mrnigerdelta:
guy receive some sence
Afonjas claiming NigerDelta
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by BabaRamota1980: 9:24pm On Jun 02, 2017
This OP has been contacted by ATIKU camp and given promises. Instead of coming straight out to say ATIKU, he conceals his mission under the banner of CREDIBLE NORTHERNER hoping eventually someone would hint on ATIKU and start a chatter to that effect.

SE has no platform for them to win nationally. If you say Okorocha or Ngige or Onu or even Ekweremadu, the first question will be how much following do they have in their own home state, region and across region....who is their godfather?

The OP is psychoanalysing...you need one candidate from either North or SE. Between North and SE the preference and logistics tilt in favor of North. So in North who shall it be....it zeroes down to ATIKU!

People like this OP ought to be flogged in public square for their penchant to sell off their brothers to the enemy.

9 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 02, 2017
Amarabae:
Good point raised.
I hate injustice, it irritates me,
South west have had an 8years presidency under OBJ and currently a 4yrs vice presidency under Osibanjo.
So whats the noise for an osibanjo 8yrs presidency?
Are there no other geopolitical zones in this country? Its funny that some people who shouted Sai buhari in 2015 are secretly praying for him to die.
This kind of self centered selfish politics should stop please.
I have nothing against a liberal northerner being President.

no more Biafra?

1 Like

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by SuperS1Panther: 9:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
BabaRamota1980:
This OP has been contacted by ATIKU camp and given promises. Instead of coming straight out to say ATIKU, he conceals his mission under the banner of CREDIBLE NORTHERNER hoping eventually someone would hint on ATIKU and start a chatter to that effect.

SE has no platform for them to win nationally. If you say Okorocha or Ngige or Onu or even Ekweremadu, the first question will be how much following do they have in their own home state, region and across region....who is their godfather?

The OP is psychoanalysing...you need one candidate from either North or SE. Between North and SE the preference and logistics tilt in favor of North. So in North who shall it be....it zeroes down to ATIKU!

People like this OP ought to be flogged in public square for their penchant to sell off their brothers to the enemy.

Don't mind him.

He is testing the waters for Atiku/Okonjo or Soludo.

In his naive political calculation, that is a failed project against PMB/PYO. Still at it PMB will deliver NE, probably not Adamawa. PYO will deliver SW, NC and Xtian parts of NW and NE and maybe some objective and progressive SS -- Itshekiris Urhobos Edos etc

SE can give their usual 99.9% vote, who cares?

One thing he should realise is Yorubas and Core Northerners are born with Politics and Politricks. We see through tactical alignment, strategic alliances, subtle machinations and deft political moves. An average Yoruba man is politically enlightened, no matter how less educated he is.

We may lose a battle, but in the final analysis WE DO NOT LOSE THE WAR.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Diademk07: 10:02pm On Jun 02, 2017
Lmao.

Tonye is surely having a laugh or just being deluded.

The truth is the South can never be united, never I would say. Eventually, it would be the North ruling us for eternity which I'm up for anyway. Tbh, I never voted for Buhari nor Jona because I realised both are eediots, especially Jonathan who went all tribalistic in his approach and was never subtle about it. How could you as a president of different ethnics sit in front of a group of individuals calling another tribe "amala"? Not only did the eediot do that but had the audacity to laugh at the joke...

I simply sat at home that day watching how things would unfold and I will likely do that once again in the next election but what I know is the fact that the North will keep ruling us for ever, they only need one of the south alliance to make up the numbers and that's all. Jonathan and his advisers ruined what could have been. Such a shame!

4 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by citizenY(m): 10:17pm On Jun 02, 2017
Sensual:

Then maybe a TIV man should come and rule us.

What is wrong with that?

2 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by JayJustus(m): 10:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
thunder with NAFDAC number
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by felicitywe(m): 11:05pm On Jun 02, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Don't mind him.

In his naive political calculation, that is a failed project against PMB/PYO. Still at it PMB will deliver NE, probably not Adamawa. PYO will deliver SW, NC and Xtian parts of NW and NE and maybe some objective and progressive SS -- Itshekiris Urhobos Edos etc

One thing he should realise is Yorubas and Core Northerners are born with Politics and Politricks. We see through tactical alignment, strategic alliances, subtle machinations and deft political moves. An average Yoruba man is politically enlightened, no matter how less educated he is.
tell me when did the Yoruba ppl become such a bride in politics.SE,SS&North made Obj president yet these ppl r not ranting.Just because you were used by the North on the fact that you agreed to betray GEJ has made you yorubas political guru.Well remember how you love opposition.It s a matter of time you will go back to opposition.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 11:06pm On Jun 02, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Which Providence? Whether Buhari contest or not, power remains in the north while VP shift to East. We shall campaign and fight for this in the interest of equity and justice.

Please dream on. Your pleasure boat is heading for the rocks.
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by SuperS1Panther: 11:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
felicitywe:

tell me when did the Yoruba ppl become such a bride in politics.SE,SS&North made Obj president yet these ppl r not ranting.Just because you were used by the North on the fact that you agreed to betray GEJ has made you yorubas political guru.Well remember how you love opposition.It s a matter of time you will go back to opposition.

Funny you.

We careless about 1999 election because it was between 2 Oluseguns.. Olusegun Obasanjo vs Olusegun Faleye and even the slogan in SW was it is Segun vs Segun, we are ok with anyone.

Achieve making the 2 top candidates from your ethnicity and come back to talk about 1999 election.

PMB contested without SW support 3times where did he end?

GEJ had SW support in 2011 despite the Northern cabal against him, what was the result. We voted against him 2015, what was the result.

Ignore Lagos, Oyo and Kanos vote at your peril.

11 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by citizenY(m): 12:00am On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Thank You for acknowledging that I don't hate Yoruba race.

Now as per your position, Osinbajo CANNOT win the Presidency in 2019. Not when the opposition is determined to present a credible Northern candidate and Igbo VP.

I have NO paymaster from anywhere... don't get it twisted

Tonye, please adjust that telescope, I do not see any *opposition* in the horizon. I think your ship is not on course. Check your bearings.

1 Like

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by MetaPhysical: 12:29am On Jun 03, 2017
Amarabae:
Good point raised.
I hate injustice, it irritates me,
South west have had an 8years presidency under OBJ and currently a 4yrs vice presidency under Osibanjo.
So whats the noise for an osibanjo 8yrs presidency?
Are there no other geopolitical zones in this country? Its funny that some people who shouted Sai buhari in 2015 are secretly praying for him to die.
This kind of self centered selfish politics should stop please.
I have nothing against a liberal northerner being President.

I read the comments through these pages. Though we do not readily admit, but it is evident that the positions of President and VP are symbolic gains that move our ethnocentric society into influence and confer privileges of supremacy.

The ethno-political relevance and power to subordinate rival ethnics is therefore hinged on who is in posession of the trophy. Whichever ethnic group posesses the trophy earns the right to control which region in Nigeria grows and which will decay. It is therefore urgent and critically important for ethnic groups to realize the danger and consequence of the trophy ending up in posession of their adversary. It's a political calculation and so far no ethnic group has demonstrated understanding odf the underlying importance and responded to it with firm competence as the Yorubas. The Yorubas are so versatile in their grip of Nigerian politics that even when not in posession of the trophy themselves they find other tangibles in the political structure to counteract the glory of the trophy and thus diminish its true worth to the holder. This is what they do when in opposition to a ruling regime. They are the only ones that are excluded from power in the center but yet continue to outgrow the center. No other region has been able to do it or even demonstrate remote capability to grow organically when excluded from power sharing in the center.

While colonialists fed other regional leaders koolaid on the generous legacies they are bequesting as they wind down colonial rule and set target date for independence, they displaced Awolowo and his Egbe Omo Oduduwa later AG) from the center. He in turn went into opposition and with his fellow Yorubas built a far more superior and long lasting legacy, accomplishing in one decade what the colonialists failed to accomplish anywhere in the country in a century of ruling the land.

Yorubas are the only ones to successfully use political party as a vehicle to run parallel government to the center. Under UPN in 1979 and to 1983 they controlled all their states, plus Bendel. They owned opposition to the ruling government.

After MKO mandate was denied, they also used a combination of political party and political movement (NADECO, OPC, AD) to run a parallel government that frustrated the center under Abacha and ultimately under Abdulsalami, and ended up forcing Nigeria to succumb to their demands.

Under Yardua's PDP they repeated the 1979 feat and put ACN in control in West.

When Jonathan succeded Yaradua and marginalized West, they faced their front and acted as if the center did not exist....waiting for the opportuned time to use the power of opposition to topple him, which they accomplished in a new strategy of mergers and acquisitions across the country.

When we talk of Nigerian politics we must recognize Yorubas for doing things on the landscape that no one else has ever been close to doing - defining the political trophy for its worth and competing against the center!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by gberra: 12:44am On Jun 03, 2017
seunmsg:

I don't think he hates Yoruba people, this thread is borne out of political interest and nothing else. He is simply doing the biddings of his pay masters.

We keep talking about building southern unity and this thread has exposed the hypocrisy of that talk. Southerners only support whoever aligns with their interest at a particular time. We only play the southern unity card when it is convenient.

Finally, whether Osinbajo will become the president or not is a matter of destiny. No amount of media attack from people like TonyeBarcanista can stop him if he's destined to. He became vice president without stress, he can still become president without stress.
To hell with Southern unity. The hate is real & the feeling is mutual. We shall revisit this thread.
ojuati elegan. Awon masha nfani eda.
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by legislatively: 1:39am On Jun 03, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Yorubas tenure built your refineries

Yorubas tenure gave you telecoms

Yorubas tenure reformed your Pension

Yorubas tenure made your Financial Institution stronger.

Yorubas tenure ensured your debt were forgiven.

Yorubas tenure ensured our savinsg moved fronm USD3bn to 36bn

yorubas tenure built Afam VI, started IPPs, refurbished Kainji Dam,

Yorubas tenure gave you the National Stadium in Abuja

Yorubas tenure handed over to a democratically elected President during military and civilian eras.

Yoruba tenure started the revamping of your rail system.

Yorubas tenure created unprecedented number of employment.

Yorubas tenure earned Nigeria respect within the comity of nations.
Yoruba and double standard, the same Yoruba tenure was PDP tenure but you all shout PDP destroyed Nigeria but Yoruba tenure made Nigeria better now.

Chai, hypocrisy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Nobody: 1:42am On Jun 03, 2017
citizenY:

What is wrong with that?
did I say something was wrong with that?
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Sanchez01: 6:18am On Jun 03, 2017
Tonye, I Honestly don't know what to think of you anymore. Truth be told, I was wondering if you wrote something as similar as this the moment Yar'Adua passed on and relinquished power to Jonathan who in turn distorted the accursed zoning madness fashioned by the PDP.

First off, Osinbajo has every constitutional right to contest for 2019 and I count this post meaningless since the VP has not flashed a green light or shown interest.

And as much as I would love that we have an Igbo president or vice, we must just have to come to terms with the fact that it cannot work. The Igbos have burnt almost diplomatic bridges before them and with the Biafra rant in everyone's mind, I for one cannot make that mistake of voting for an Igbo man. While people might say I am biased, I'd be quick to point out that the Igbos themselves have treated their own with disgust for being wise and putting their people in a strategic position ahead of coming elections.

The South South recently maxed five years, therefore would not be an option anytime soon. The South East is plagued with trust issues and I am dead sure that the other Souths wouldn't drum support for them, just as the North wouldn't.

Unfortunately, this is what happens when all you do is make noise and create unnecessary attention. Every region that has taken the mantle of the Presidency worked for it. It wasn't dropped on anyone's laps and I don't see Nigeria doing same. Blackmail and lack of tact won't see the world give you something even when it rightfully belongs to you.

Ironically, the bulk of those who call Nigeria a cesspit and a contraption are also here claiming power must get to them. It has left me puzzled and I have been wondering what happened to Biafra.

8 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by benuejosh: 6:36am On Jun 03, 2017
Sensual:

Then maybe a TIV man should come and rule us.
thanks for remembering us.

1 Like

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by benuejosh: 6:37am On Jun 03, 2017
HiddenShadow:

You spoke wisely

The Yorubas can keep fooling themselves

Power must go round and this time around

2019-2027
North= President
East= Vice President

2027-2035
East= President
North= Vice President

This is how it should be in the interest of fairness, equity and justice
you guys should remember us from the middle belt (North Central) too.

1 Like

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by HiddenShadow: 6:42am On Jun 03, 2017
benuejosh:
you guys should remember us from the middle belt (North Central) too.

Join IPOB and use that platform to pressurize Hausa Fulani people to allow rotation amongst ethnic groups in the North and if they refused, you can join us to escape from Nigeria
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Ovamboland(m): 8:58am On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Bro, this is one blackmail that can never move me.

Yorubas only recently occupied the Presidency for 8 unbroken years and VP for 2 years (and counting) of the 18 years of this dispensation. The North were begged to allow Jonathan in 2011 (which naturally should be their turn in the interest of equity and justice), while the Southeast is yet to produce a VP not to talk of the Presidency.

If you are fair you should be championing a northern Presidency and Igbo Presidency if you are for the interest of the South.

This is justice, Nigeria belongs to all of us.

Stop begging for post, play your politics like a man and get elected. Put your resources where your mouth is, don't expect those who paid the necessary price to hand over to you that was on largesse

1 Like

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:01am On Jun 03, 2017
Ovamboland:

Stop begging for post, play your politics like a man and get elected. Put your resources where your mouth is, don't expect those who paid the necessary price to hand over to you that was on largesse
Who is begging anybody for position?

The statement is very clear!!! I and the people of Niger Delta shall support Northern presidency and Igbo VP come 2019.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:18am On Jun 03, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

SuperS1Panther:

Don't mind him.

We may lose a battle, but in the final analysis WE DO NOT LOSE THE WAR.
Atiku? hahaha... These men are funny!!!

Even your calculation CANNOT win 2019 for Osinbajo.

Ijaw is majority in SS, add Efik, Ibibio and other tribes of Akwa Ibom + Cross river will over swallow the people you brought out.

NW + NE Christians are not even up to 30% of Northern population. If you remove the Igbos (who are campaigning for their VP brother), you have less than 20%. Kano state alone will take care of them, then add other NW + NE states.

As per NC, I hope you aren't hoping on Niger, Kwara and Igala people of Kogi state?

Where PYO may get block votes is SW but being a cosmopolitan state, the margin won't be massive!!!

Expect block votes against PYO from SE...

Oga SuperS, it DOESN'T favor PYO

3 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by dyydxx: 10:03am On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Atiku? hahaha... These men are funny!!!

Even your calculation CANNOT win 2019 for Osinbajo.

Ijaw is majority in SS, add Efik, Ibibio and other tribes of Akwa Ibom + Cross river will over swallow the people you brought out.

NW + NE Christians are not even up to 30% of Northern population. If you remove the Igbos (who are campaigning for their VP brother), you have less than 20%. Kano state alone will take care of them, then add other NW + NE states.

As per NC, I hope you aren't hoping on Niger, Kwara and Igala people of Kogi state?

Where PYO may get block votes is SW but being a cosmopolitan state, the margin won't be massive!!!

Expect block votes against PYO from SE...

Oga SuperS, it DOESN'T favor PYO

who is this mythical CREDIBLE NORTHERNER and HIS SE VP?

In any case PYO will only contest if Buhari dies, if Buhari is still alive he would still contest again so this your permutations are just moot. In the event Buhari steps down who buhari anoints to replace him will also be key. Let's wait and see how it all plays out. Too early to be forming God
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by MayorofLagos(m): 10:09am On Jun 03, 2017
Tonye,
The West has a lineup of politicians that were groomed specifically for corporate responsibility in Yoruba states. They are a corps of top notch performers in reserve for duty as commissioners, directors, deputy governors, chief judge, state house speaker, governor, in any of Yoruba states belonging in the DAWN and Odua Investment Corp. Ill give you an example of one who just recently passed, Dapo Famakinwa. Dapo was waiting in the wing for his next assingment as Commissioner in one of these states. Just few days ago Governor Aregbesola sworn in new cabinet members. One of the cabinet position was Commissioner for Regional Planning. So, I say all this to point to fact that Yorubas take politics in this country very seriously and attend to it with vigour. Let me put it this way....Yorubaland is a political laboratory

I can name twelve available candidates for governorship posting and another 30 at deputy level in Yorubaland. Look at Ambode and his efficiency. Almost all governors in Yorubaland today and some of their commisioners have served Lagos State in one capacity or the other. The state of readiness and the vision is superb!

So which region can you put up to match the Yorubas attendance to political service? None!

Name two persons in North who if he was Yoruba would be in the rank of Fashola, Ambode, Amosun, Aregbe, Ajimobi, Fayose....

No region as yet operate with the kind of sophistication and discipline employed by Yorubas in practicing politics. Acting President Yemi Osinbajo is a product of that reserve corps. If we admire Yorubaland and its politics then we can use it as model to reintegrate and realign political Nigeria.

Anyone you bring from other region to lead us will be a reflection of what their region is.

North has nothing to put forward towards national development so they use intimidation and threat of violence to cower everybody into backing off for them. Once they are in seat of power they lack clue on what to do to move country forward.

East has no clue what it wants. I doubt they will havr clue on what rest of the people want.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by IgboAmakaa(f): 10:17am On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Who is begging anybody for position?

The statement is very clear!!! I and the people of Niger Delta shall support Northern presidency and Igbo VP come 2019.

dat is right

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:21am On Jun 03, 2017
MayorofLagos:
Tonye,
The West has a lineup of politicians that were groomed specifically for corporate responsibility in Yoruba states. They are a corps of top notch performers in reserve for duty as commissioners, directors, deputy governors, chief judge, state house speaker, governor, in any of Yoruba states belonging in the DAWN and Odua Investment Corp. Ill give you an example of one who just recently passed, Dapo Famakinwa. Dapo was waiting in the wing for his next assingment as Commissioner in one of these states. Just few days ago Governor Aregbesola sworn in new cabinet members. One of the cabinet position was Commissioner for Regional Planning. So, I say all this to point to fact that Yorubas take politics in this country very seriously and attend to it with vigour. Let me put it this way....Yorubaland is a political laboratory

I can name twelve available candidates for governorship posting and another 30 at deputy level in Yorubaland. Look at Ambode and his efficiency. Almost all governors in Yorubaland today and some of their commisioners have served Lagos State in one capacity or the other. The state of readiness and the vision is superb!

So which region can you put up to match the Yorubas attendance to political service? None!

Name two persons in North who if he was Yoruba would be in the rank of Fashola, Ambode, Amosun, Aregbe, Ajimobi, Fayose....

No region as yet operate with the kind of sophistication and discipline employed by Yorubas in practicing politics. Acting President Yemi Osinbajo is a product of that reserve corps. If we admire Yorubaland and its politics then we can use it as model to reintegrate and realign political Nigeria.

Anyone you bring from other region to lead us will be a reflection of what their region is.

North has nothing to put forward towards national development so they use intimidation and threat of violence to cower everybody into backing off for them. Once they are in seat of power they lack clue on what to do to move country forward.

East has no clue what it wants. I doubt they will havr clue on what rest of the people want.

Oga, you are a Yoruba nationalist (is it supremacist?) and I don't expect anything less.

I am a man that believes in Equity and justice, this position my ethnic group stand on.

The North has had performers like Rabiu Kwankwaso, Sule Lamido, Ibrahim Shema, Hassan Dankwambo and several others who served and still serving as Governors. These are men that beat all aforementioned names you listed!!! Yet, no noise...

I'm not opposing Yoruba nation but I'm for rotational leadership across board to give everyone sense of belonging. Nigeria belongs to all of us

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by IgboAmakaa(f): 10:24am On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Oga, you are a Yoruba nationalist (is it supremacist?) and I don't expect anything less.

I am a man that believes in Equity and justice, this position my ethnic group stand on.

The North has had performers like Rabiu Kwankwaso, Sule Lamido, Ibrahim Shema, Hassan Dankwambo and several others who served and still serving as Governors. These are men that beat all aforementioned names you listed!!! Yet, no noise...

I'm not opposing Yoruba nation but I'm for rotational leadership across board to give everyone sense of belonging. Nigeria belongs to all of us

they keep chestbeating that they are sophisticated lol

one thing about Nigeria politics is that power must always change so dont be so sure about ur sef

u may think dat Igbos are so naive about politics but they may surprise u

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:37am On Jun 03, 2017
IgboAmakaa:

they keep chestbeating that they are sophisticated lol

one thing about Nigeria politics is that power must always change so dont be sure about ur sef

u may think dat Igbos are so naive about politics but they may surprise u
I have always maintained at every given opportunity that the Igbos must be allowed to produce at least the NUMBER 2 man and subsequently the Number 1 man in this country from 2019-2031/2035.

Since 1999,

The SS has occupied both positions for 8 years (5 years President and 3 years VP)

The Southwest occupied both positions for 10 years and counting (8 as President and 2+ as VP)

The SE should be allowed and supported by all to produce the Southern slot in both capacities in succession before we can talk of shifting to another zone in the South.

Otherwise, it is injustice!!!

5 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Firgemachar: 10:41am On Jun 03, 2017
felicitywe:

We Yorubas were NEVER used!

Rather, we created and sponsored the platform on which Buhari ran to become president,

Today, we are reaping the rewards as acting president. Whatsoever you sow, you will reap.

It can never be so with the SS/SE. They will always be underdogs in such an arrangement.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by IgboAmakaa(f): 10:44am On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I have always maintained at every given opportunity that the Igbos must be allowed to produce at least the NUMBER 2 man and subsequently the Number 1 man in this country from 2019-2031/2035.

Since 1999,

The SS has occupied both positions for 8 years (5 years President and 3 years VP)

The Southwest occupied both positions for 10 years and counting (8 as President and 2+ as VP)

The SE should be allowed and supported by all to produce the Southern slot in both capacities in succession before we can talk of shifting to another zone in the South.

Otherwise, it is injustice!!!

dats true but the north and south west will always play tribalism card..

i just pray dat my fellow Igbos will forget about this Biafra of thing lets stick to restructuring

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Video Of Nnamdi Kanu Leaving The Court After His Case Was Adjourned / Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday / Nigeria Police To Go On 2-Week Strike Over Salary, Outdated Weapons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.