Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,608 members, 7,851,073 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:06 PM

A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 (34705 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare: "I Will Succeed Buhari As President Of Nigeria" / Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim: I Am Ready For Debate With Buhari Not Osinbajo / Why Osinbajo Should Not Sign 2017 Budget – Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 03, 2017
jmoore:

Which fairness? Are we the ones the killed Yar adua? Are we the one that made Yar adua sick?

undecided

Where is the fairness where Buhari ran to UK to get the best medical care, while the masses are left with dilapidated hospitals that look like poultry farms for the masses?

Fairness is good governance, not zoning formula!!!!!!!!!!

Spot on!
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by dcafe(m): 12:04pm On Jun 03, 2017
Mr Bacanista,
Mr Alex EKWUEME nko? He is yoruba abi? -----VP to Shagari

Cmdr Ebitu UKIWE nko? --------VP to Babangida.

Remember ,Google is always your friend.
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Alexis11: 12:06pm On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Thank You for acknowledging that I don't hate Yoruba race.

Now as per your position, Osinbajo CANNOT win the Presidency in 2019. Not when the opposition is determined to present a credible Northern candidate and Igbo VP.

I have NO paymaster from anywhere... don't get it twisted
Instead of you coming up with a write up that can unite the South and insight/arrangement on how others won't feel marginalized, you decided to spite the Yorubas.

Forget the Nairaland comments, an average Yorubaman should not have Problem with your plot against Osinbajo.

But.........

God sparing Buhari's life...... I hope you guys will not shout betrayal again if the Yorubas decided to vote massively for Buhari, even on a sick bed.

Wait, you completely left out the middle belt? cool

1 Like

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Klington: 12:06pm On Jun 03, 2017
The vp's performance so far is nothing to write about.... He has no bites and has started behaving like Jonathan Mr nice guy to the north.

1 Like

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by ephi321(f): 12:11pm On Jun 03, 2017
rozayx5:

dude is confused

he lost it long time ago

today he is either fighting ipob or biafra

or hailing northerners the next day

smh

I tell you. Very undependable unreliable behaviour. I can't stand such people.
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by sukkot: 12:12pm On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Simple, the south has held sway for 13 years since 1999 and the north 5 years+. It is fair to allow them another term while the SE run when it shift to South
and with this in mind why do people always say the north are oppressing us and have a born to rule mentality ? if anything the north is the one being oppressed by the south. its slowly starting to look like yoruba is the real oppressor in nigeria. i will support a president from an unknown southern tribe like itsekiri or anioma or igbira lol. maybe we should coax ogbonnaiya onu the igbo man to contest. he is a nice guy
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 03, 2017
pmc01:

Let me deviate from the topic and focus on your signature. So you think PMs are just for wooing ladies right? Rather than sell yourself through your signature, you advertise yourself as a snob. Even those at the top already make themselves available to be communicated with.
It might be none of my business though, but I feel it is important to at least enlighten you a bit. Regards.

Shut up and let me school you undecided

If I wanted to get business pms, I wouldn't have put my present signature there.
Some uncivilized Nigerians have no idea of personal privacy. How can you just send someone a pm without even informing the person by atleast quoting him or her and telling them why you wanna pm them. something like "hi you look like a good marketer tru your posts, I would love to work with you on some matters, can I send you a pm? "
Not only for business, even if you are romantically interested in me, that would make me respect you and agree to interact with you. There's nothing I like in this world more than orderliness and doing things in the right way.
It's annoying when guys are just sending pms without informing the recipient, so that she can prepare and look out for that, and that would make her like you instantly bkus you are doing the right thing.

And to show how silly some of these nairaland guys are, they still send pms without informing me even after reading my signature. And when I lash out, I'm officially a pompous b*tch undecided

Imagine a guy telling me that he was just thinking of stuffing his d*ck into my mouth when he wanted to pm me
y'all are hopeless.
That's what you want me to waste my time responding to daily
If you want something serious with me(business or otherwise) you would approach me in a serious manner and that would make me take you serious.
There are a lot of nairaland guys who I've met on my short time here, and we're having a blast on WhatsApp.
So before you come attacking me, look at things from every angle.
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by deedeedee1: 12:13pm On Jun 03, 2017
Amarabae:
boring propaganda dead on arrival.
The north desperately love a One Nigeria, after their tenure, they will shift it to the south east inorder to stop this seccession agitation.
I see a northerner taking APC flag in 2019 together with a South East VP.
Go and read the history of politics in this country or read about the emergeance of Shehu shagari as President.
Then let us just say that the reason you cry for biafra is because you want to rule the country.
Is it not so?
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by rayopt(m): 12:13pm On Jun 03, 2017
kYjelly2:
Useless country, you guys are all bastards

Right now, there is no electricity at my house and we are running on batteries. I come online and this is what I see

Bastards!!

No light, no water, currency sliding, inflation rising... Yet u bastards are here arguing about what TRIBE will produce a president.

How demented u guys must be.

Disgusting filthy third world pieces of shhhit

So I guess there would be no need for a presidential debate right, since u guys already know the tribe the presidency will come from.

Isn't is funny that in both previous elections, the candidates that didn't attend presidential debates, eventually won the election

That is to show you how demented Nigerians are, fully lacking in any form of reasoning. Bastards that failed to fully evolve and are stuck midway between Apes and Humans

Ediots

No talk of problems and who has the solutions

Just ediocy here and there

Bastards, all of u

Spits on this fvcking thread and in the faces of all u pathetic, illiterate bastards

lol

. . .and it is really annoying when you see the so-called learned dudes circle round the same problem over and over again!!!

every 4yrs we talk about politics, politicians and their politicking buh governance nko no way!!!

election will come, these ogas at the top we pick their juicy slots and another 4 yrs we and our learned OP will talk about them while they bother about election. .then the vicious circle continue. .

if OP dey collect im money. .for him, this is another job well done. .i just pity those kids wey no understand how these things work!!!

my broda just take chill pills cool ya temper!!

2 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 03, 2017
Isn't this barcanista a south south person?

how can you contradict what you claim to stand for?

I've never seen so much rubbish concentrated in one article. Osibanjo has no interest to contest for presidency anyway.

why do you feel vice president will always want to contest for presidency next?
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Dindondin(m): 12:18pm On Jun 03, 2017
PapaBrowne:
This kind of Slavery!

And if the next Northern president gets sick or passes away in power, we have to bend over backwards again just so the power hungry North gets power again and the cycle goes on and on.
And the annoying thing is that if you recommend a middle beltan as President, that same North would fight aggressively against it.

Isn't it time we all realize that producing the president doesn't add any benefit whatsoever to the region the president comes from.

Jonathan was president for 5 years yet his home state Bayelsa didn't an extra kilometer of road nor did it get a single percent rise in its HDI as a result of his presidency. Rather, Benin Ore road was fixed, Abuja-Kaduna rail was built, and a whole lot else was done elsewhere. The South South as a whole benefitted too little.

Obasanjo was President for 8 years, Ogun got absolutely nothing. Visit Otta and you'd understand the paradox. The roads to Otta is terrible. Obasanjo rather focused his energies on the Niger Delta.

Then Katsina state. The state has produced the 2 northern presidents who have ruled the country for 5 years in the last 10 years. But not a single industry, not a single infrastructure project, not a single improvement in HDI.

Isn't it time we realized that what we need is restructuring this country along the lines of the six geopolitical zones and having leaders in the mound of Ahmadu Bello, Awolowo etc all leading thier respective zones competitively?

There is no reason why Osibanjo should be prevented from contesting if his performance is on point.
Tonye Barcanista is deluded.
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by deedeedee1: 12:19pm On Jun 03, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Then forget One Nigeria

Igbos have people who can make Nigeria great
Your cries for biafra is simply because you want to become president. Now i get it
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by sukkot: 12:19pm On Jun 03, 2017
does anyone support a tinubu presidency in 2019 ? press like if you think tinubu will be a great president in 2019 or press share if your sentiment is ' fork tinubu '

tinubu will pull this country to america level. see how he has pulled lagos up to london level
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by GoodMuyis(m): 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Bro, this is one blackmail that can never move me.

Yorubas only recently occupied the Presidency for 8 unbroken years and VP for 2 years (and counting) of the 18 years of this dispensation. The North were begged to allow Jonathan in 2011 (which naturally should be their turn in the interest of equity and justice), while the Southeast is yet to produce a VP not to talk of the Presidency.

If you are fair you should be championing a northern Presidency and Igbo Presidency if you are for the interest of the South.

This is justice, Nigeria belongs to all of us.

Nigeria belong to all of us, NOT politician, but your write-ups sell us into their hand.
What happen to visionary leader? as at present, Not Popular Credible candidates has surface in the North that will not betrayed Nigerian.

Lest you forget, APC doesn't have zoning formula in their Constitution. It used to be PDP act to console themselves.

But don't worry ATIKU will loose again
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 03, 2017
See talk

Guys check out dammy krane's response to his purported arrest in usa
http://naijadailyfeed..com/2017/06/dammy-krane-finally-breaks-silence-on.html
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by HiddenShadow: 12:23pm On Jun 03, 2017
deedeedee1:
Your cries for biafra is simply because you want to become president. Now i get it
You don't get it
These are the things we want
1) Restructure Nigeria
2) Igbo presidency

Once restructuring fails, goodbye to Nigeria
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by marv1: 12:23pm On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

When he was first elevated to the status of Acting President on 19 January 2017, Professor Yemi Osinbajo embarked on a tour on Niger Delta region. His entourage included Minister of State for Petroleum, Ibe Ikachukwu; Minister of State for Agriculture, Senator Heineken Lokpobiri, as well as the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs. A move seen as a welcomed development by the good people of Niger Delta who saw it as a new chapter to finding lasting solution to the seemingly unending Niger Delta question. Not one of the rhetorical promises made to the people of Niger Delta by Acting President Osinbajo was ever fulfilled or rather, is yet to be fulfilled.

Some of us, however, suspected that the Osinbajo was neither interested in proffering solution to the Niger Delta question but to start a clandestine move to build his political capital ahead of 2019 Presidential election having read his body language.

As Vice President and sensing that President Buhari is/may be medically unfit to stand for re-election in 2019, Professor Yemi Osinbajo shifted his attention to build network in the north all for 2019.

On Thursday April 13, he went to Adamawa state to acquire the title of "Jagaban of Adamawa Emirate". Only yesterday, he went to Cross river state to collect another traditional title in Efik kingdom, Ada Idaha Ke Efik Eburutu. For what reason if not political?

While I recognize that the Nigeria Constitution gives Yemi Osinbajo the right to contest for any office, including the Presidency, I must also state that his clandestine moves to succeed Muhammadu Buhari in 2019 is counterproductive to the interest of Nigerians and threat to the unity of our country, this is aside his sheer incompetency in public service since he assumed office as Vice President, Chairman of National Planning Commission and Chairman of National Economic Council.

This article is not to talk about his preference for employing only people of his Yoruba ethnic group as Personal Aides, all these are stories for some other time. This article is strictly about the injustice that his Presidency will mean to the rest of the country if we allow it to materialise.

1. HIS PRESIDENCY IS UNJUST TO THE SOUTH
In the history of Nigeria, the Southwest and Yoruba nation have led the country for a combined period of 11 years and 11 months; Chief Olusegun Obasanjo held sway for 11 years and 8 months (8 years as President and 3 years and 8 months as Military ruler) while Ernest Shonekan held sway for 3 months.

Meanwhile, the South-south only led Nigeria for only 5 years and 25 days through Goodluck Jonathan, while the Southeast has NEVER led the country in Executive capacity save the 7 months under the military reign of General Aguiyi Ironsi.

Under this present democratic dispensation, SW and Yoruba nation has led the country for 8 years and has been occupying the Vice President office since 2015.

The Southsouth led the country for only 5 years and 25 days and occupied the office of Vice President for 3 years through Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

The Southeast has neither produced the President nor the Vice President.

Being a multi-ethnic region, it will be highly unfair for one region and ethnic group to seek to occupy the slot of the South in the Presidency in 2019 irrespective of whether it is the office of the President or the Vice President. It will amount to injustice to the ethnic nationalities in the South save the Yoruba for Yemi Osinbajo to succeed Buhari in 2019..

2. HIS PRESIDENCY IS UNJUST TO THE NORTH:
Since the return of this democratic dispensation in 1999, while the South enjoyed power for a total of 13 years (SW 8, SS 5), while the north only did for 5 years and counting through late Umaru Musa Yar’adua (3 years) and Muhammadu Buhari (2 years and counting). If the status quo remains till 2019, the north will haul a meager combined period of 7 years; a far cry when compared with the 13 years that the South held sway.

It is both morally and politically just that the North be allowed to produce the President of Nigeria come 2019 for another 4 years period. We must realize that injustice is injustice anywhere. Allowing Osinbajo, a Yorubaman/Southerner to succeed Buhari in 2019 will only cause disaffection among those in the northern part of the country. There will be feelings of marginalization will crept in. This is a situation the country cannot afford to entertain at this period.

MY SUPPORT FOR NORTH/SOUTHEAST TICKET IN 2019
Nigeria belongs to everybody, it does not belong to a section of the country. While it is fair for power to remain in the north, it is also fair for the Southeast to be part of the equation after years of absence. The only way to allow justice prevail is for a North/Southeast Presidency in 2019.

This arrangement, I strongly believe will calm the nerves of the people of the Southeast, give the Igbo people a sense of ownership in the Nigeria project and a sense of belonging in the affairs of Nigeria.

The Yoruba nation has always stood for justice, I am optimistic that they will stand for what is right come 2019. I have no doubt in my mind that they will not oppose the aspiration of a credible aspirant from the northern extraction and an Igbo man to assume the office of the President and Vice President respectively in 2019.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria
Sorry for you. Everything you have said is to the thrash.. You are not the one that will decide on that. Your ideas and suggestions are always arm twisting and funny as if you are the one that determines everything in the political space of Nigeria. Though I am not surprised because you are talking as a PDP card carrying member, so this your advice is to your pocket. As young as you are, and not ready to speak the minds of the people but rather speaking thrash most times . L will advise to go to your local government first to start from there in order to become relevant . Mind you I don't belong to any party. The only party I belong to is progressive party (PP)
which could be any party in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by mayoor15(m): 12:24pm On Jun 03, 2017
Didn't bother reading cos I know who the OP is, totally obsessed by PDP, even a goat on the streets knows osinbajo is not Jonathan that will be so greedy of power that he will insist on contesting or imposing himself against party wish, we know PDP is working on a lamido /Obi partnership, APC will also bring a northerner and easterner partnership with Senate presidency going to the South west if buhari can't continue so what the write up for, mind your business and leave the VP alone to do his work, he is doing his best, he doesn't need distractors like you to poison the heart of people.

1 Like

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by marv1: 12:24pm On Jun 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

When he was first elevated to the status of Acting President on 19 January 2017, Professor Yemi Osinbajo embarked on a tour on Niger Delta region. His entourage included Minister of State for Petroleum, Ibe Ikachukwu; Minister of State for Agriculture, Senator Heineken Lokpobiri, as well as the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs. A move seen as a welcomed development by the good people of Niger Delta who saw it as a new chapter to finding lasting solution to the seemingly unending Niger Delta question. Not one of the rhetorical promises made to the people of Niger Delta by Acting President Osinbajo was ever fulfilled or rather, is yet to be fulfilled.

Some of us, however, suspected that the Osinbajo was neither interested in proffering solution to the Niger Delta question but to start a clandestine move to build his political capital ahead of 2019 Presidential election having read his body language.

As Vice President and sensing that President Buhari is/may be medically unfit to stand for re-election in 2019, Professor Yemi Osinbajo shifted his attention to build network in the north all for 2019.

On Thursday April 13, he went to Adamawa state to acquire the title of "Jagaban of Adamawa Emirate". Only yesterday, he went to Cross river state to collect another traditional title in Efik kingdom, Ada Idaha Ke Efik Eburutu. For what reason if not political?

While I recognize that the Nigeria Constitution gives Yemi Osinbajo the right to contest for any office, including the Presidency, I must also state that his clandestine moves to succeed Muhammadu Buhari in 2019 is counterproductive to the interest of Nigerians and threat to the unity of our country, this is aside his sheer incompetency in public service since he assumed office as Vice President, Chairman of National Planning Commission and Chairman of National Economic Council.

This article is not to talk about his preference for employing only people of his Yoruba ethnic group as Personal Aides, all these are stories for some other time. This article is strictly about the injustice that his Presidency will mean to the rest of the country if we allow it to materialise.

In the history of Nigeria, the Southwest and Yoruba nation have led the country for a combined period of 11 years and 11 months; Chief Olusegun Obasanjo held sway for 11 years and 8 months (8 years as President and 3 years and 8 months as Military ruler) while Ernest Shonekan held sway for 3 months.

Meanwhile, the South-south only led Nigeria for only 5 years and 25 days through Goodluck Jonathan, while the Southeast has NEVER led the country in Executive capacity save the 7 months under the military reign of General Aguiyi Ironsi.

Under this present democratic dispensation, SW and Yoruba nation has led the country for 8 years and has been occupying the Vice President office since 2015.

The Southsouth led the country for only 5 years and 25 days and occupied the office of Vice President for 3 years through Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

Being a multi-ethnic region, it will be highly unfair for one region and ethnic group to seek to occupy the slot of the South in the Presidency in 2019 irrespective of whether it is the office of the President or the Vice President. It will amount to injustice to the ethnic nationalities in the South save the Yoruba for Yemi Osinbajo to succeed Buhari in 2019..

Since the return of this democratic dispensation in 1999, while the South enjoyed power for a total of 13 years (SW 8, SS 5), while the north only did for 5 years and counting through late Umaru Musa Yar’adua (3 years) and Muhammadu Buhari (2 years and counting). If the status quo remains till 2019, the north will haul a meager combined period of 7 years; a far cry when compared with the 13 years that the South held sway.

It is both morally and politically just that the North be allowed to produce the President of Nigeria come 2019 for another 4 years period. We must realize that injustice is injustice anywhere. Allowing Osinbajo, a Yorubaman/Southerner to succeed Buhari in 2019 will only cause disaffection among those in the northern part of the country. There will be feelings of marginalization will crept in. This is a situation the country cannot afford to entertain at this period.

Nigeria belongs to everybody, it does not belong to a section of the country. While it is fair for power to remain in the north, it is also fair for the Southeast to be part of the equation after years of absence. The only way to allow justice prevail is for a North/Southeast Presidency in 2019.

This arrangement, I strongly believe will calm the nerves of the people of the Southeast, give the Igbo people a sense of ownership in the Nigeria project and a sense of belonging in the affairs of Nigeria.

The Yoruba nation has always stood for justice, I am optimistic that they will stand for what is right come 2019. I have no doubt in my mind that they will not oppose the aspiration of a credible aspirant from the northern extraction and an Igbo man to assume the office of the President and Vice President respectively in 2019.

Sorry for you. Everything you have said is to the thrash.. You are not the one that will decide on that. Your ideas and suggestions are always arm twisting and funny as if you are the one that determines everything in the political space of Nigeria. Though I am not surprised because you are talking as a PDP card carrying member, so this your advice is to your pocket. As young as you are, and not being ready to speak the minds of the people but rather speaking thrash most times . I will advise you to go to your local government first and start from there in order to become relevant . Mind you I don't belong to any party. The only party I belong to is progressive party (PP) which could be any party in Nigeria..
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by HiddenShadow: 12:27pm On Jun 03, 2017
Alexis11:

Instead of you coming up with a write up that can unite the South and insight/arrangement on how others won't feel marginalized, you decided to spite the Yorubas.

Forget the Nairaland comments, an average Yorubaman should not have Problem with your plot against Osinbajo.

But.........

God sparing Buhari's life...... I hope you guys will not shout betrayal again if the Yorubas decided to vote massively for Buhari, even on a sick bed.

Wait, you completely left out the middle belt? cool

No problem as long as recession and depression of the economy resides in your region since you guys don't want to be fair and just in politics
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by deedeedee1: 12:28pm On Jun 03, 2017
HiddenShadow:

You don't get it

These are the things we want

1) Restructure Nigeria

2) Igbo presidency

Once restructuring fails, goodbye to Nigeria
Why would you want to become president when the country is restructured. And besides you said if igbos are not given presidency in 2027, you want biafra. Does that not mean that your cries for biafra is because you want to become president of nigeria?

1 Like

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by SuperS1Panther: 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2017
@ Tonyebarcanista

See the bashing you are receiving on the thread you created with your own hand.

Stop bringing yourself to disrepute and stop looking like a clown,
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by mayoor15(m): 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2017
Sensual:

Shut up and let me school you undecided

If I wanted to get business pms, I wouldn't have put my present signature there.
Some uncivilized Nigerians have no idea of personal privacy. How can you just send someone a pm without even informing the person by atleast quoting him or her and telling them why you wanna pm them. something like "hi you look like a good marketer tru your posts, I would love to work with you on some matters, can I send you a pm? "
Not only for business, even if you are romantically interested in me, that would make me respect you and agree to interact with you. There's nothing I like in this world more than orderliness and doing things in the right way.
It's annoying when guys are just sending pms without informing the recipient, so that she can prepare and look out for that, and that would make her like you instantly bkus you are doing the right thing.

And to show how silly some of these nairaland guys are, they still send pms without informing me even after reading my signature. And when I lash out, I'm officially a pompous b*tch undecided

Imagine a guy telling me that he was just thinking of stuffing his d*ck into my mouth when he wanted to pm me
y'all are hopeless.
That's what you want me to waste my time responding to daily
If you want something serious with me(business or otherwise) you would approach me in a serious manner and that would make me take you serious.
There are a lot of nairaland guys who I've met on my short time here, and we're having a blast on WhatsApp.
So before you come attacking me, look at things from every angle.
Haha... mama the mama.... lols... can I pm you...... lmao.. just kidding.....
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by sukkot: 12:31pm On Jun 03, 2017
TheCabal:
Ha Ha .. eastener's as usual - scared of the West. grin because the have a penchant for fixing things.. The east wants Nigeria to return to status quo because they are amongst the sole beneficiaries of corruptions in ours ports.

Westerners fixed lagos, fixed ogun, obasanjo brought in GSM .. what most of you e-rats are using to post these jargons.

They partnered with the northern part of Nigeria, and defeated PDP. The very west has Kemi as minister of Finance, plugging all the leaks that that
greedy frog punches into our system.

Fayose, Fani Kayode most outspoken men in the country are westerners. 90% of the new economy (IT and E-commerce) has westerners heavily invested into it.

As our amiable president Buhari is on leave for health reasons. Osinbajo a westerners is at the helms of affairs and has proven to the country that the west can be trusted to be just, equitable and resolute in agreements and responsibilities.

All states in the east are bankrupt - Zamfara and Imo states made similar amounts of IGR and Anambra state did not make a dime in 2016. Yet, the claim that the north brings nothing to the table - Borno state is in quagmire, yet it manage to make 2B naira in 2016 compared to Anambra.
hmmm wagbayi. omo yooba ni wa. SW is blessed. SW for presidency till Jesus returns cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by HiddenShadow: 12:34pm On Jun 03, 2017
deedeedee1:

Why would you want to become president when the country is restructured. And besides you said if igbos are not given presidency in 2027, you want biafra. Does that not mean that your cries for biafra is because you want to become president of nigeria?

I want a country where no slaves exist

I want a country where no masters exist

I want a country where everyone is equally treated

If Nigeria refuses to Restructure and handover power to the Igbos, sagobe(goodbye) to One Nigeria
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by uzoexcel(m): 12:34pm On Jun 03, 2017
Stop insulting the sensibilities of Nigerians.. wat do ur so called elites base their political permutations upon.
It's nonsensical statements like this that provide cannon fodder for the pro biafrans/pro oduduwa/pro 'let's leave this country'
How about making statements like the best candidate with the best track record of service should be nominated and encouraged to serve.

Make una noh vex me

TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

1 Like

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by omohayek: 12:35pm On Jun 03, 2017
Misterdhee1:

Okay, consider this example: Let's say we go for a credible and detribalized Nigerian like Okonjo Iweala in 2019 and she gets elected. Then after 8 years, another credible candidate rise from the East, are we also going to vote for him/her solely based on credibility?? See, the truth is ONE NIGERIA is a fluke without the zoning policy. I hate it, but it can't just be avoided.
I know this sort of thinking is beyond most Nigerians, but if it was up to me, the question wouldn't be whether the successor to Okonjo Iweala was from the East, but whether the person was

(1) As qualified as Okonjo Iweala in terms of understanding economics, and
(2) Interested in adopting policies that would encourage broad-based economic growth, rather than simply favoring a very small proportion of his or her "kinsmen".

Given the choice between someone like that from the East, and an unqualified, nepotistic candidate from another region, then I at least would support the Easterner in this case, even if it would mean 12 successive years of Eastern rule. At the end of the day, real economic growth, based on non-oil exports - the sort of growth that leads to millions of high-paying jobs in manufacturing, technology, etc. - is what really matters, not being able to beat one's chest about a President's origins, while hungry and living in a hovel with no electricity or running water.

My calculation is simple: the difference between a highly qualified candidate and a poor one can mean a variation of up to 10% in the economy's annual growth rate. Compound that over just 4 years and you're talking about incomes being 45% higher under one President than another. Extend that gap to 30 years and you get the difference between a middle-income country like Thailand or Malaysia, or a stagnant hell-hole like Nigeria! How many of the champions of "na our turn" politics wouldn't willingly move to those Asian countries, even at the cost of becoming racial minorities with no influence at all in politics? Yet when it's our own country at stake we willing throw away our futures in the name of meaningless "tribal" pride that has never done anything meaningful for the average person on the street, regardless of their origins.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Montaque(m): 12:36pm On Jun 03, 2017
Quite disappointed with this thread. Nigerian youths reasoning like their fathers. Can't we just quit this federal character that has done us no good. Its nobody's/region's turn to rule anywhere, let the qualified candidates contest

3 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by HiddenShadow: 12:37pm On Jun 03, 2017
SuperS1Panther:
@ Tonyebarcanista

See the bashing you are receiving on the thread you created with your own hand.

Stop bringing yourself to disrepute and stop looking like a clown,

Lol

Yorubas are the ones being exposed

Tonyebarcanista has finally opened the eyes of the Northerners to the real reasons you guys were shouting Sai Baba

Mark my words, Northerners will deal ruthlessly with Osibanjo until he returns back to the pulpit

3 Likes

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by marv1: 12:40pm On Jun 03, 2017
deedeedee1:

. Don't mind them as if they are the only ones being marginalised in Nigeria. They have their selfish ulterior motives and intentions. No wonder When they became Senate President Nigeria had five Senate Presidents from the east in 8 years . Only God knows what will happen when they produce Nigeria president from the east.

1 Like

Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:41pm On Jun 03, 2017
repogirl:
TonyeBarcanista, you politicians should stop confusing yourselves. If you people want to be really fair to all the regions of this country, why not put this zoning into the Constitution and how it should rotate after two terms?

Now Buhari most likely wont run for a second term and you are advocating for a replacement from the North. No replacement will agree to a one term offer. That means the North will be there for three terms instead of two.

Let the law be set so that it is clear that the Presidency for a particular number of years can only go to a particular region. This will make all the political parties present candidates from that region only.

When two terms are done, it rotates to another region for two terms. All this one you people are doing is Ojoro.
Re: A Credible Northerner, Not Osinbajo Should Succeed Buhari In 2019 by Misterdhee1(m): 12:41pm On Jun 03, 2017
omohayek:

I know this sort of thinking is beyond most Nigerians, but if it was up to me, the question wouldn't be whether the successor to Okonjo Iweala was from the East, but whether the person was

(1) As qualified as Okonjo Iweala in terms of understanding economics, and
(2) Interested in adopting policies that would encourage broad-based economic growth, rather than simply favoring a very small proportion of his or her "kinsmen".

Given the choice between someone like that from the East, and an unqualified, nepotistic candidate from another region, then I at least would support the Easterner in this case, even if it would mean 12 successive years of Eastern rule. At the end of the day, real economic growth, based on non-oil exports - the sort of growth that leads to millions of high-paying jobs in manufacturing, technology, etc. - is what really matters, not being able to beat one's chest about a President's origins, while hungry and living in a hovel with no electricity or running water.

My calculation is simple: the difference between a highly qualified candidate and a poor one can mean a variation of up to 10% in the economy's annual growth rate. Compound that over just 4 years and you're talking about incomes being 45% higher under one President than another. Extend that gap to 30 years and you get the difference between a middle-income country like Thailand or Malaysia, or a stagnant hell-hole like Nigeria! How many of the champions of "na our turn" politics wouldn't willingly move to those Asian countries, even at the cost of becoming racial minorities with no influence at all in politics? Yet when it's our own country at stake we willing throw away our futures in the name of meaningless "tribal" pride that has never done anything meaningful for the average person on the street, regardless of their origins.
All this epistle still don't answer my question. Nigeria is too diversed to be run like that. We have capable hands from each region.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Dolapo Julius: Aregbesola’s Personal Photographer Gets Married (Photo) / CHECKOUT List Of Companies Own By Atiku Abubakar / Sani Adamu: Buhari's Former Driver Begs Him For Assistance (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.