Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why (39861 Views)

Teju Babyface, Wife Tobi And Their Twins (Photos) / Teju Babyface And Wife, Welcome Twins After Six Years Of Marriage / Teju Babyface: "I Wasted 10 Years Of My Life As A Comedian" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why by Stanleyville(m): 5:32pm On Jun 03, 2017
brunofarad:
This guy is funny that year

#English ....gone too soon! cry

2 Likes

Re: Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why by FashionandStyle: 5:37pm On Jun 03, 2017
This Guy is also a very good actor. How many of you remember "Diamond Ring"?

I think he should also venture into acting.
Re: Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why by mikeweezy(m): 5:44pm On Jun 03, 2017
yeyeboi:
Lol
maka why naw give them a little respect naw
Re: Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2017
PearlStreet:

If I reply you in kind now, you'll start crying that you're marginalized and you want Biafra.
connie ,your statement is as dry as your cone head

1 Like

Re: Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why by madjune(m): 5:47pm On Jun 03, 2017
This guy is really destined for great things and there's something about him.

I remember bumping into him and Basketmouth sometime in 2001 at NTA Yaba then during their early hustles for small joke airtimes with Marian Arthur.

He got friendly with me and I asked him why he wasn't job hunting like me for a salaried job then...
His reply was short, deep and haunting till this day.

He said to me, " Bro, i didn't study comedy but we are following the path we see, with time we shall come to a road we know."

I couldn't quite foster any sustained relationship with him due to no phones then but after some years, i began to see him grow and Basketmouth looming on the scene.

I then understood.

Now, he's found a more familiar road.
Happy for him.

4 Likes

Re: Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why by Incident1: 5:48pm On Jun 03, 2017
sekundosekundo:
The destiny of man sometimes is unpredictable. I suffered the same fate, I was once a clearing agent at Apapa seaport and Cotonou but there was no joy in me in that profession, the frauds, bribes etc didn't help matter at all. The huge amounts made on weekly basis especially when I clear CB goods don't give me joy as well. One day, I just called my boys and settle them, and close the company.

Hmmm, my friends thought I have gone mad but today, they can see the benefits of that madness.

Do what gives you joy and stay out of crime you will surely make it.
Am moved by this, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why by Marrtynze(m): 5:48pm On Jun 03, 2017
He is really being honest, the stand up comedy thing wasn't his calling at all, always looked like he was trying too hard to impress, but he has found his niche now with what he does, good for him

1 Like

Re: Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 03, 2017
Mid-life soul searching!
Re: Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why by Lamiri(m): 6:13pm On Jun 03, 2017
Oluwasaeon:
Unlike A.Y
God bless you I thought I was the only Nigerian who thought of this

2 Likes

Re: Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why by flexxyworld(m): 6:18pm On Jun 03, 2017
ybalogs:
FEGOITE
please explain ..
Re: Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why by seunfape(m): 6:20pm On Jun 03, 2017
He was never a comedian but forming Yoruba accent
Re: Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why by dy27(m): 6:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
Re: Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why by jswagg4(m): 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2017
Wizkhalifa2:
Mayb AY shud key into this and stop stand up comedy too... ND also that Jedi guy too

Was at a Jedi show in Ibadan. Was boring af

1 Like

Re: Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 03, 2017
sekundosekundo:
The destiny of man sometimes is unpredictable. I suffered the same fate, I was once a clearing agent at Apapa seaport and Cotonou but there was no joy in me in that profession, the frauds, bribes etc didn't help matter at all. The huge amounts made on weekly basis especially when I clear CB goods don't give me joy as well. One day, I just called my boys and settle them, and close the company.

Hmmm, my friends thought I have gone mad but today, they can see the benefits of that madness.

You are confused
Re: Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why by Afam4eva(m): 9:31pm On Jun 03, 2017
I don't know what made people like Teju Babyface, Gbenga Adeyinka and Tee A ever thing that they're funny. The warri boyz have taken over the business totally such that they have formed a cabal and it will be hard for anyone to break in.

1 Like

Re: Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why by ybalogs(m): 9:33pm On Jun 03, 2017
flexxyworld:

please explain ..
HIS SECONDARY SCHOOL.
Re: Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why by sonofluc1fer: 10:04pm On Jun 03, 2017
sekundosekundo:

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why by Jarus(m): 11:27pm On Jun 03, 2017
I never found this guy funny.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why by josite: 10:58am On Jun 04, 2017
some of us knew this alone,ive always found your shows too childish and very disgusting.all the sunny ades ,banires etc u brought even made the matter worse.and the silly hat throwing and the alarm bells,very pathetic.MAY THE GOOD LORD DIRECTS YOU.
Re: Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why by Mrjo(m): 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2017
sekundosekundo:

pls, sir u need to write ur experience. When u do pls mention me

1 Like

Re: Teju Babyface Quit Stand-up Comedy, Reveals Why by kokoA(m): 5:15pm On Jun 04, 2017
.. and who will tell AY and Helen paul the truth? Helen is a fantastic presenter/MC but a very poor stand up comedian while AY cannot crack a joke to save his life but also a wonderful MC and actor. The ease with which Basket Mouth and Bovi do their thing on stage cannot be matched by anyone. Seyi Law and godorns are distant 3rd and 4th respectively.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Davido Reacts To Fight With Boity At His Concert In Zimbabwe Over Sex Demand / Nollywood's Hottest Moms / Kiss Daniel's "Uncle Stop Touching" Line In 'Yeba': Twitter Users Question Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.