Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,995 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly (44328 Views)

Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria / President Buhari Dissolves 8th National Assembly / Hon. Idu Igariwey's Law-making Score-card In The 8th National Assembly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by ndcide(m): 11:38pm On Jun 03, 2017
bkool7:

There you go.
If the people from your constituency don't approve of you, that means you're not a good reprentative .
You are only looking at one aspect of being a senator that we see on tv
How about the developmental progress he brings to his constituency ?
What about the negative ways he carries himself , shame he brings to his people And not forgetting the certuficate. scandal .People are going to judge him from different microscopic lens and you can't blame them cos you're looking from one direction .
What I said was solely based on the opinion of those from his constituency

You are too emotional about Dino. You can't be objective.
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by NeutralJUDGE(m): 11:41pm On Jun 03, 2017
Danjuma Laah. ..senator kaduna South,,,doing good..rate him 5.5/'10
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by obasidon1(m): 11:41pm On Jun 03, 2017
[quote author=OVI75 post=57155712]Hello Nairalanders,Earlier I Saw A Thread About 12 Senators Who Signed And Approved More Suffering For The Masses In The Name of A National Road Fund.

I wasn't Shocked To See Common Sense Senator In The List.Something Have always Told Me He is More Of A Theorist Than A Doer.
I wish I can rate my senator Sunny Ogbuorji representing Ebonyi South but I can't not. Because rating 0/10 means that he tried by attempting the test. He's without rating for 6years that man has remained without any contributions to the red chamber or his constituents. He is without doubt the most docile and embecilic senator I have seen. If you want to see Sunny Ogbuorji or want to know him just watch Senate session and spot out that ugly man that doses from opening prayer to the closing other the Senate session.
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by juman(m): 11:44pm On Jun 03, 2017
Does kwara south has a senator there?
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by stuffs4me(m): 11:49pm On Jun 03, 2017
My senator representing Kogi West Senator Dino Melaye is probably the most talked about senator in the 8th asssebly.

Senator Dino Melaye is a controversial senator and I believe he is trying.

I have no comment regarding Dino Melaye
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by Makamuanwuo(m): 11:52pm On Jun 03, 2017
i don't know the name of the senator representing okigwe constituency
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by lanrecisse30(m): 11:53pm On Jun 03, 2017
My able and capable senate President Dr. Bukola Saraki
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by OAUTemitayo: 11:57pm On Jun 03, 2017
Senator Lanre Tejuoso of Ogun Central, a total failure in all ramifications.
Zero representation.
Absolutely a disaster.
A calamity in the waiting if re-elected.
Oloriburuku

1 Like

Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by gsogbu(m): 12:00am On Jun 04, 2017
Ekinematics:
My senator, Sen. Osinakachukwu Ideozu representing Rivers West is just a statue in that house.
No input at all.

My rating is 1/10
so we de share dt mute and deaf
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by CaptainFM1: 12:00am On Jun 04, 2017
Guseh:
If you want my Senator, Dino Melaye (Kogi west) to temporarily represent your senatorial district for just one month click like.

We are willing to send him on loan!

Happy for you...U get the much awaited "Likes" you've been yearning for.
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by gsogbu(m): 12:03am On Jun 04, 2017
Guseh:
If you want my Senator, Dino Melaye (Kogi west) to temporarily represent your senatorial district for just one month click like.

it seems u dnt know the value of what u have. I think he is the most active
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by ozigi444: 12:03am On Jun 04, 2017
Senator Chukwuka Utazi representing Enugu north, particularly Nsukka is doing gr8 but not to compare with Ekweremadu the king.
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by castrokins(m): 12:04am On Jun 04, 2017
I Forgot This Man Is A Senator

paramakina202:
TA Orji was a failed governor and the worst senator so far.
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by ujezeez(m): 12:08am On Jun 04, 2017
Edo north-i can't even pronounce his name...total failure.another 0/10

1 Like

Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by FrankFrenzy(m): 12:14am On Jun 04, 2017
Ekweremadu.. I give him 9/10, just because no one gets 10/10 in my course. He has been a monumental legislature with outstanding track records and footprints. I'm not his constituent but sincerely I envy them a lot.

Ikeoha Ndi Igbo Odogwu

1 Like

Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by Lobolintin(m): 12:16am On Jun 04, 2017
If we can continue like this without fighting about tribe...

We would go a long way...
Let's embibe this trend togetherness in all out political post dealing.....

We re one... This guys re thief's....

Senator Hope from Orlu... The last I heard of that dude was when he imported Bags of rice and when his business in Owerri.. Doing his thing...

1 Like

Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by samodoh: 12:18am On Jun 04, 2017
I rate Ike Ekweremadu 7/10. He has made his mark in legislations. Also there are great testimonies back home. I travelled through Enugu recently and a great number of the passengers (mostly Enugu) had great things to say of him. The road network in his constituency, the human development & empowerment programs, ET al
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by bammo: 12:24am On Jun 04, 2017
my senator plateau central "Joshua darie" 0/10... never heard his voice since he got impeached as governor cry
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by bangalee1(m): 12:47am On Jun 04, 2017
dadavivo:
Ben Bruce
Mr common sense without sense. Senator representing silverbird
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by nkemjacob2(m): 12:57am On Jun 04, 2017
I once posted dis related topic but it wasn't moved to front page.

All dis failed senators are elected freely i.e. Dey got cheap vote from Nigerians who don't no how to vote.

For the fact dat u love buhari as APC candidate doesn't mean the APc senator representing ur constituency will perform better.

Nigerians re fund of doing dis mistake since it is APc/PDP dey like dey thumb print in all APc/PDP ballot paper without asking demself who is dis person am voting for. Dat is how dis useless senators got ur cheap vote.
If u watch they hardly campaign or set agenda/project for ur constituency.... It is the winning party and Nigeria free vote dat got demi in..

#we need ur brain O! Nigeria youth.
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by bionixs: 1:13am On Jun 04, 2017
Guseh:

hate won't let you guys see. Dino is the reason why this country hasn't turned into a full military governed nation. always speaking.,love or hate him
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by yak(m): 4:06am On Jun 04, 2017
UnknownT:
Senator Hope Uzodinma, Orlu Sen. Zone. The only times I heard of him in the news were when he wanted to marry a second wife and also importing bags of rice,

For Rep. Jerry Alagboso, his own is worse, habent even heard anything whether good or controversial about him

u mean Jerry is in the national assembly?? I have never heard him say *I* with others
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by yak(m): 4:09am On Jun 04, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Senator Lanre Tejuoso of Ogun Central, a total failure in all ramifications.
Zero representation.
Absolutely a disaster.
A calamity in the waiting if re-elected.
Oloriburuku

Ogun don't have a single senator at all
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by yak(m): 4:16am On Jun 04, 2017
[quote author=cashlurd post=57169454]My senator representing Abia North, Senator Ohabunwa is just a dormant member in the 8th Assembly. I rate him 1/10[/quot

I think he has done better than the former. just make it 2.7/10 plz
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by Nobody: 4:28am On Jun 04, 2017
Dr Yele Omogunwa is my senator.
-1000000000/100. The only thing he does was to follow corrupt saraki to court.
No bill
No motion
His constituency has been in darkness for the past 3 years now.

1 Like

Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by Nobody: 4:45am On Jun 04, 2017
sleeveless:

Before u ask this silly question just take out time to find out the core duty of a Nigeria senator then thank me later
I know that already- core duty to make law but in a situation where they're been given yearly allocation running to hundreds of millions to develop their constituency, won't you question their integrity as a senator and what they have used the money for? Besides, they're not suppose to undergo any project. That's the duty of the executive.
Mind you sir. There are no silly questions. The person asking just need to clarify or understand something.
Change begins with you
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by HAH: 4:47am On Jun 04, 2017
TsaTrinity:

Baba...,daz for ur pocket. D question is how has he transformed his constituency with d allocations given to him
I don't know if you know that legislators don't have any allocation, that is the duty of executives, the performance of any legislature is measured by his activities on the floor through motions, bills and oversight functions and Dino cannot be said to lack any of this
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by Nobody: 4:50am On Jun 04, 2017
HAH:
I don't know if you know that legislators don't have any allocation, that is the duty of executives, the performance of any legislature is measured by his activities on the floor through motions, bills and oversight functions and Dino cannot be said to lack any of this
I agree with you but legislators do have allocations. Research on it
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by HAH: 5:01am On Jun 04, 2017
TsaTrinity:

I agree with you but legislators do have allocations. Research on it
please educate me on this their allocation, or do you mean constituency project? Which they insert in the budget for the executive to handle? That isn't allocation cos no kobo comes to them directly
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by Carmal90(m): 5:03am On Jun 04, 2017
HAH:
please educate me on this their allocation, or do you mean constituency project? Which they insert in the budget for the executive to handle? That isn't allocation cos no kobo comes to them directly

What about constituency allowance sir?

1 Like

Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by Nobody: 5:03am On Jun 04, 2017
HAH:
Yes that's it but they find a way to get the money. I don't know of Dino collecting any but am sure of Smart Adeyemi
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by HAH: 5:16am On Jun 04, 2017
TsaTrinity:

Yes that's it but they find a way to get the money. I don't know of Dino collecting any but am sure of Smart Adeyemi
yes there use to be a way which is by nominating or agreeing with executives on the contractor to handle the constituency project which they inturn corner the money in collaboration with contractor, to me that is corruption and collusion with the executives to cheat the constituency which should not be encouraged, senators make money yes but nothing mandates them to carry out project, they mostly do that out of philanthropy or politics so that they can be reelected

A senators, house of reps member or a state assembly members performance should be measured by his activity on the floor not distribution of sewing machine, okada or wheelbarrow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Campaign Tour: See The Roads In Lagos That Pres. Buhari Will Ply On Saturday / El-Rufai: Buhari Not Aware Of Threat To Kidnap Him Until I Told Him / Singer Daniel Wilson Mocks Gov. Chibuike Amaechi - Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.