Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly (44286 Views)

Contact Details Of The 109 Senators In Nigeria / President Buhari Dissolves 8th National Assembly / Hon. Idu Igariwey's Law-making Score-card In The 8th National Assembly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by iyimide(m): 5:35am On Jun 04, 2017
Many of you need to dedicate time to watching NTA parliament.. I am from Kwara state... And I wonder where the person who has said enyinnaya abaribe is a failure lives.. Or this IMO boy.. Hope uzodinma... Those boys dey talk... And work too.. They do oversight functions well..
You can't ask a senator to begin to do a governor's job na.. You expect a senator to pay salary??
Or construct road??
If they do, its an oversight! U hear.. Their job is to represent... Attend sittings such that the interest of their senatorial district is defended in the senate.

Sam egwu is an absentee senator. His seat is always vacant.. I don't think he comes for seating!

I have not seen anyone talk about Ahmad lawan.. Danjuma Gone... Kabiru marafa , ali ndume..and kabir gaya..

U can't say these senators are not working o. Remember each senator is either a chairman of a committee or a vice chairman..

1 Like

Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by YaksonFCA(m): 5:40am On Jun 04, 2017
Sen Attai Aidoko Ali of Kogi East neither contribute to debates on the floor nor attract federal presence to his constituency. 0.5/10 should be fair enough considering the protracted litigation for that seat.
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by Esji80(m): 5:45am On Jun 04, 2017
My Senator, Dr Yahaya Abdullahi (Kebbi North) is just a bench warmer of the lowest order.I rate him 0.2%
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by Ade3000yrs(m): 6:12am On Jun 04, 2017
go to farm
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by AdeKamal(m): 6:17am On Jun 04, 2017
rose54321:
From the comments so far, it's seems our senators are really not performing..
Thanks OP for this type of topic, most youth don't even know the names of the senators representing them, talk more of being able to rate their performance.
It's unfortunate really.

Many feel.. Na chop dem they chop for there.. If I have opportunity.. I'll chop my own...5 million per month is not a joking business..

However, I call on us to strive for a brighter future.. Let's not get derailed by the present.. I don't want to say America and Britain but.. Malaysia, UAE and Saudi Arabia did not make it in a day.. It was their youths then that had visions and had good predecessors and colleagues to support them..

Indeed youths are #not too young to run.. But alas.. With a right sense

God bless me, my family and my Country.!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by dikeigbo2(m): 6:37am On Jun 04, 2017
idris4r83:
Senator shehu sani is an a**hole. He is a pdp member in d hallowed chamber and apc member back in his constituency.

You don't make any sense at all
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by dikeigbo2(m): 6:42am On Jun 04, 2017
Scanty or empty chambers ......is all ayamseeing
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by olac21(m): 6:43am On Jun 04, 2017
My senator is Duro Faseyi(Ekiti North Sen. District)...an observer in the senate..more reason why Ibrahim Magu referred him as Fayose during his screening!
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by stinggy(m): 6:53am On Jun 04, 2017
abimbolayekeen:
My senator , monsurat sunmonu did not perform at all , i urge saraki led senate to stop giving her constituency allowance.
But she's the one working assiduously to see that the Oyo - Ogbomosho section of Ibadan - Ilorin expressway is completed na. If not for her closeness to Saraki, that project would have been forgotten.
That's despite sinking boreholes in some part of Ibadan(according to her Facebook wall).

She's from my LG and ward. Though I personally didn't want her in that post (I would have preferred Bisi Ilaka) but that won't stop me from pointing out her efforts in lobbying for that expressway. Maybe if she can deliver that, her tenure won't be a total failure like when she was OSHA speaker.
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by kingsley3218(m): 6:58am On Jun 04, 2017
My senator sam "daddy" anyanwu is a huge joke at the Senate! Mrs christy anyanwu performed much better than him while she represented. Owerri people don't have anyone up there in the red chamber,all he knows is to sit and dish punishments just cos he was made chairman of the ethics committee....why did saraki even give him that position undecided

1 Like

Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by Amah70: 7:07am On Jun 04, 2017
UnknownT:
Senator Hope Uzodinma, Orlu Sen. Zone. The only times I heard of him in the news were when he wanted to marry a second wife and also importing bags of rice,

For Rep. Jerry Alagboso, his own is worse, habent even heard anything whether good or controversial about him

when one thinks of Senator Hope Uzodinma representing Orlu;

and Rep. Alagboso representing Orlu,

one feels like asking: God what sins did Orlu commit in Imo state?
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by successmatters(m): 7:19am On Jun 04, 2017
lukecent:
My Senator DSP Ike Ekweremadu has been outstanding, rate him 8/10.
I know some won't like my rating but I can tell you that he has performed more than some state govs.

That guy is a 10/10 senator. The best if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 04, 2017
rahman25:
My own senator has been outstanding YAYI Ni oooo. Give him 8/10

Pls what exactly has Yayi done?
I really need to know.
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:20am On Jun 04, 2017
My senator, Danjuma Laah southern kaduna senatorial zone, AKA the sleeping senator is as useless as the 'p' in psychology.
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by jamace(m): 7:39am On Jun 04, 2017
They are all ROGUES.
Bunch of budget PADDERS.
Tactical stealing of public fund via constituency development​ fund.
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by Kiakia(m): 7:48am On Jun 04, 2017
paramakina202:
TA Orji was a failed governor and the worst senator so far.
He is also a failed senator, the worst thing to happen to Abia State!
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by VEE2010(m): 7:50am On Jun 04, 2017
Sen. Nelson Effiong - AKS south. The only time we heard about him was when he cross carpet to APC. He is just there to second every motion be it good or bad. No outstanding achievement.
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by VEE2010(m): 7:52am On Jun 04, 2017
Jolar101:
The best thread. Nse Ekpenyong representing Akwaibom south he's not doing anything.

And he's over 56 in age. Older than his state.

As Buhari is older than Nigeria, forcing himself into position meant for youths.

Oga, is NSE Bruce a senator?
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by Feemmy(m): 7:53am On Jun 04, 2017
Ondo central, senator Tayo Alasoadura is doing nothing over there.... I rate him 0/10.
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by Anikulhapo(m): 7:54am On Jun 04, 2017
Ghokes:
My senatorial district, Oyo North doesn't even have anybody representing us in the 8th Senate.
We kuku have, his name is Abdulfatai Buhari but he is useless

1 Like

Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by sleeveless: 8:00am On Jun 04, 2017
TsaTrinity:

I know that already- core duty to make law but in a situation where they're been given yearly allocation running to hundreds of millions to develop their constituency, won't you question their integrity as a senator and what they have used the money for? Besides, they're not suppose to undergo any project. That's the duty of the executive.
Mind you sir. There are no silly questions. The person asking just need to clarify or understand something.
Change begins with you

apologise for using d word 'silly', their main duty is abt legislation, though most of them are thieves but we shud not judge dem base on infrastructure but base on legislation. we often allow dem use infrastructure to campaign instead of policies.
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by dokchizzy(m): 8:01am On Jun 04, 2017
my senator representing Enugu north in d name of Sen Chukwuma Utazi, na only English him sabi speak for there..most times I wonder if he really knows his work there...rating -10/10
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by bigfather(m): 8:07am On Jun 04, 2017
OVI75:
Hello Nairalanders,Earlier I Saw A Thread About 12 Senators Who Signed And Approved More Suffering For The Masses In The Name of A National Road Fund.

I wasn't Shocked To See Common Sense Senator In The List.Something Have always Told Me He is More Of A Theorist Than A Doer.

That's Why I Opened This Thread To Allow Us Rate Our Senators.

As For My Own Senator James Manager A 4th Term Senator Rep.Delta South I Won't Be Economical With The Truth,Its Has been More Of Politics And For Political Stakeholders And Election Winners.

Well Am A Graduate And Not A Thug, Thus It Appears I Can't Appear In That List.

As For His Contributions To Debates In The Red Chamber He is Just The Normal Traditional Robber Stamp Senator..

Only I Think He is More Lively Than Chairman, Senator Committee On Observation.... People From Benue Have An Idea Who I Am Referring To.

2/10 is My Rating.

Do we even know who our senators are sef? They don't even stay around their constituency. U see most of em hide away in their private suite at a lovely hotel.
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by ohduz1988(m): 8:30am On Jun 04, 2017
Senator Burji kasham.Cocaine senator. I pity ijebu people
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by lordpreceey: 8:51am On Jun 04, 2017
sen. Ovie Omo-Agege from Delta central have been superb in his delivery/ representation at the red chamber. in less than a year and 3 months in d senate after an embattled court case, he has done what some "ancestors/landlords" in the senate have been unable to do in terms of legislation and constituency projects.
I rate him 8/10.
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by Mcowubaba: 8:52am On Jun 04, 2017
Yukaykarlz:
For my senator Mao Ohabunwa,he is trying,I rate him 4/10. Other senators from Abia state like senator Abaribe,is as well doing well. But for that so called former governor of Abia state called T.A Orji,he is just sitting like a statue in the red chamber. I just wish I have the opportunity to drag him out of their and give him 72 strokes,then send him back to his village in ibeku.

All Abia Senators are bastards.
Which Mao Ohabunwa is trying undecided undecided

You're obviously paid or confused.
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by Gabbybush(m): 8:55am On Jun 04, 2017
please is George Akume still in the senate? If yes, I don't think we can rate a ghost. He is totally incompetent.

1 Like

Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by classicopera(m): 8:57am On Jun 04, 2017
Sen. Paulker Emannuel rep Bayelsa Central is as dull as he looks, 10 wasted years down d line, Na only election period u de see am. Infact, the 8th National Assembly is a fluke like PMB. Nigeria really de one chance!
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by idris4r83(m): 9:02am On Jun 04, 2017
dikeigbo2:

You don't make any sense at all
how am i suppose to make any sense to you? He who wears the shoes knows best where it pinches.
Re: Best Performing Senators In Nigeria's 8th National Assembly by Gabbybush(m): 9:05am On Jun 04, 2017
iyimide:
Many of you need to dedicate time to watching NTA parliament.. I am from Kwara state... And I wonder where the person who has said enyinnaya abaribe is a failure lives.. Or this IMO boy.. Hope uzodinma... Those boys dey talk... And work too.. They do oversight functions well..
You can't ask a senator to begin to do a governor's job na.. You expect a senator to pay salary??
Or construct road??
If they do, its an oversight! U hear.. Their job is to represent... Attend sittings such that the interest of their senatorial district is defended in the senate.

Sam egwu is an absentee senator. His seat is always vacant.. I don't think he comes for seating!

I have not seen anyone talk about Ahmad lawan.. Danjuma Gone... Kabiru marafa , ali ndume..and kabir gaya..

U can't say these senators are not working o. Remember each senator is either a chairman of a committee or a vice chairman..

Where is George Akume in ur list

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Funny Handshakes Between Saraki And Ahmad Lawal (photos). / Ameer Sarkee To Contest For APC National Women Leader Position (Photo) / Wike: I Warned You – Eze Tells Atiku, PDP After Court Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.