Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,782 members, 7,813,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist (2328 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:14am On Jun 04, 2017
www.livingwaters.com

"Sure wish you can talk to my dad Ray. He's an atheist and so difficult to talk to about God." Ingrid Urey Bolanos

This is how I would talk to your dad if I had a chance. I would say "I have a question for you. As an atheist, do you believe that nothing created everything?—which is a scientific impossibility.” If he says that he does, I would emphasize that it's scientifically impossible, and leave him with that. If he doesn't believe that (which most admit they don't), I would follow up with "So you believe that something made everything, but it just wasn’t God?"

If he says a predictable "Yes, that's right," I would say, "Well you're not an atheist. You're an agnostic. You believe in some sort of creative force but you don't think it was God. Let's see if we can find out why you don't want it to be God." If he would let me speak further, I would take him through the Ten Commandments and we would find out that the issue isn't intellectual. It's moral. He's a liar, a thief, a blasphemer and an adulterer-at-heart who knows that God exists (but as someone once wisely said) He can't find Him for the same reason a thief can't find a policeman.

No More Delusions -> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 4 June 2014 at 17:00

Also see:

https://www.nairaland.com/5197050/woman-caught-act

https://www.nairaland.com/5244703/revolting-natives#79328081

https://www.nairaland.com/5217484/what-saved#78878196

https://www.nairaland.com/5211136/christian#78773509

https://www.nairaland.com/5166358/hands-carpenter#78057969

https://www.nairaland.com/5175183/those-think-hell-hideous-doctrine#78199300

https://www.nairaland.com/5166379/a-frame-roof#78058149

https://www.nairaland.com/3839573/how-preach-loved-one-atheist#57176103
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by menxer: 8:38am On Jun 04, 2017
Why must the Creator be God?

The Creator is just that, Creator.

Since you are the Creator of this thread, Are you God?

God is a creation of the Creator.

4 Likes

Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:09am On Jun 13, 2017
menxer:

Why must the Creator be God?

The Creator is just that, Creator.

Since you are the Creator of this thread, Are you God?

God is a creation of the Creator.

Who is the infinite Creator?
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by menxer: 6:32am On Jun 13, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Who is the infinite Creator?
So you don't know you are the infinite creator as you choose to put it?

Take a look at your physical body, how many cells are there?
Do the cells in your body worship you, or do you demand praise and worship from those cells?

You are just a cell in the body of the infinite Creator, for lack of a more simplistic comparison.
Meaning at the level you are, you are a Creator.
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by Akiintom: 8:30am On Jun 13, 2017
Now that i know your childish creationist and mechanical method of evangelism, am i now ready to accept Jesus as my lost and personal servant?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:56pm On Jul 01, 2017
menxer:

So you don't know you are the infinite creator as you choose to put it?

Take a look at your physical body, how many cells are there?
Do the cells in your body worship you, or do you demand praise and worship from those cells?

You are just a cell in the body of the infinite Creator, for lack of a more simplistic comparison.
Meaning at the level you are, you are a Creator.

Kindly visit this link and when you are done kindly feed us back with your findings. www.NeedGod.com
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by menxer: 10:20am On Jul 02, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Kindly visit this link and when you are done kindly feed us back with your findings. www.NeedGod.com
That is just what a man created, and i am free to create mine. That doesn't mean you are not free to abdicate your creative freewill and adopt another man's creation.
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:17am On Jul 03, 2017
menxer:

That is just what a man created, and i am free to create mine. That doesn't mean you are not free to abdicate your creative freewill and adopt another man's creation.

You are still arguing intellectually. Put your pride aside and let your conscience answer those questions, your conscience wouldn't deceive you.
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 11:25am On Jul 03, 2017
Akiintom:
Now that i know your childish creationist and mechanical method of evangelism, am i now ready to accept Jesus as my lost and personal servant?

Ray Comfort is a joke, no atheist actually takes him seriously cuz his ignorance is nauseating

1 Like

Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:58am On Jul 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Ray Comfort is a joke, no atheist actually takes him seriously cuz his ignorance is nauseating

The joke is on you for believing that everything came out of nothing.
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 12:03pm On Jul 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The joke is on you for believing that everything came out of nothing.
you forgot to share your post

2 Likes

Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you forgot to share your post

Is it worth sharing? undecided
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by menxer: 12:27pm On Jul 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

You are still arguing intellectually. Put your pride aside and let your conscience answer those questions, your conscience wouldn't deceive you.
You are not through with freewill, you are bringing in conscience and intellect.
Issorite!

My opinion is a reflection of my conscience expressed intellectually using freewill.
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
menxer:

You are not through with freewill, you are bringing in conscience and intellect.
Issorite!

Why are you afraid of your personal police? Your conscience is your personal police, you can only silence it but it is still there to blow the whistle when you are doing wrong.
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by menxer: 12:37pm On Jul 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Why are you afraid of your personal police? Your conscience is your personal police, you can only silence it but it is still there to blow the whistle when you are doing wrong.

So subscribing to a doctrine is not being afraid of conscience? That is still an exercise of freewill.
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:42pm On Jul 03, 2017
menxer:

So subscribing to a doctrine is not being afraid of conscience? That is still an exercise of freewill.

Just go through the link and let your conscience speak for itself. It will not deceive you as your mind would usually like to. It speaks the truth.
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by menxer: 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Just go through the link and let your conscience speak for itself. It will not deceive you as your mind would usually like to. It speaks the truth.
Do you think I haven't done that already?
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2017
menxer:

I don't mean that you give your mental assent to it, what I meant is answering it with your conscience and if you did what did your conscience say?
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 1:21pm On Jul 03, 2017
menxer:

you're wasting your time discussing with him, he's of little intellect (no offense meant) cuz he only regurgitates articles he found on apologist's websites, can't hold a discussion himself, has no opinion of his own but gives witty answers when cornered and shares every of his own posts
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by menxer: 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I don't mean that you give your mental assent to it, what I meant is answering it with your conscience and if you did what did your conscience say?

My conscience expresses itself through my intellect using freewill.

Left to my conscience alone we wouldn't be having this conversation, because it doesn't communicate with outsiders, (except telepathically, which is not an option here) yet you keep insisting I am using my intellect which is just an expressive part of my being.

How can you express yourself meaningfully, without your intellect?

You are trying to use emotional blackmail (which is what that link is about) forgetting this thread is about freewill.
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:45pm On Jul 03, 2017
menxer:

My conscience expresses itself through my intellect using freewill.

Left to my conscience alone we wouldn't be having this conversation, because it doesn't communicate with outsiders, (except telepathically, which is not an option here) yet you keep insisting I am using my intellect which is just an expressive part of my being.

How can you express yourself meaningfully, without your intellect?

You are trying to use emotional blackmail (which is what that link is about) forgetting this thread is about freewill.

The moment you allow your intellect to get involved in matters of the heart you will get derailed and start arguing using human philosophies to defend yourself. The basis of that link is the Moral Law which God, the Infinite Creator has given to guide us back to the truth. This Moral Law is what we are going to be judged by at the end of the day.
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by menxer: 1:46pm On Jul 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you're wasting your time discussing with him, he's of little intellect (no offense meant) cuz he only regurgitates articles he found on apologist's websites, can't hold a discussion himself, has no opinion of his own but gives witty answers when cornered and shares every of his own posts
I just realized I am trying to extricate myself from the paradox of Proverbs 26:4-5.
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by menxer: 1:51pm On Jul 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The moment you allow your intellect to get involved in matters of the heart you will get derailed and start arguing using human philosophies to defend yourself. The basis of that link is the Moral Law which God, the Infinite Creator has given to guide us back to the truth. This Moral Law is what we are going to be judged by at the end of the day.

I guess hopefulLandlord was right after all.

1 Like

Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:56pm On Jul 03, 2017
menxer:

I guess hopefulLandlord was right after all.

You have the freewill to continue to argue as your bedfellows. It's your choice that no one can take from you but remember that the Moral Law of God would there waiting for you at the end of the age.
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by menxer: 8:17am On Jul 05, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

You have the freewill to continue to argue as your bedfellows. It's your choice that no one can take from you but remember that the Moral Law of God would there waiting for you at the end of the age.

We are here discussing freewill and you start emotional blackmail by bringing in "moral law of God," for your information, there is no moral law except the ones made by man to keep people under control.

I say that to mean, just like in science, the laws of classical physics hold true untill you enter the realms of quantum physics.

Same with what you called "moral law of God," which doesn't exist in other realms of existence beyond the realms of religious indoctrination but as for freewill, you can't do without it no matter the realm of existence.

By the way, the sharia law is the "moral law of God," I believe that it is binding on you as a non-Muslim.
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2017
menxer:

We are here discussing freewill and you start emotional blackmail by bringing in "moral law of God," for your information, there is no moral law except the ones made by man to keep people under control.

You can see that your conscience is already condemning you when the subject of moral law comes up. Why don't you listen to your conscience for once? It will not deceive you unlike your faulty sinful theories.

menxer:

I say that to mean, just like in science, the laws of classical physics hold true untill you enter the realms of quantum physics.

The Moral Law is universal, it applies to all colours, cultures, nationalities and creed. They are objective wherever you apply them to your conscience. cool

menxer:

Same with what you called "moral law of God," which doesn't exist in other realms of existence beyond the realms of religious indoctrination but as for freewill, you can't do without it no matter the realm of existence.

Your freewill has been given to you to choose whether you want to obey the Moral Law or not. The man who refuses to obey the law of gravity will certainly pay the consequences when he is to jumb from the top of a tower building whether he likes it or not. shocked

menxer:

By the way, the sharia law is the "moral law of God," I believe that it is binding on you as a non-Muslim.

Sharia laws are only applicable to those subjecting themselves under it. It is not universal. cool
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by menxer: 5:17pm On Jul 06, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

You can see that your conscience is already condemning you when the subject of moral law comes up. Why don't you listen to your conscience for once? It will not deceive you unlike your faulty sinful theories.

Since you can see into my conscience why bother arguing?
@bolded, it's good you are the Judge, deciding what is Sin and what is not.

The Moral Law is universal, it applies to all colours, cultures, nationalities and creed. They are objective wherever you apply them to your conscience. cool

Your freewill has been given to you to choose whether you want to obey the Moral Law or not. The man who refuses to obey the law of gravity will certainly pay the consequences when he is to jumb from the top of a tower building whether he likes it or not. shocked.

Sharia laws are only applicable to those subjecting themselves under it. It is not universal. cool

It is now the "moral law" no longer the "moral law of God"?
Did you realized you have shifted to the atheist position of morality without God?

the "moral law of God" just like gravity is not universal because there is no gravity in space. Meaning it applies to Christians on earth.
Choose your analogy well

Is it Allah that dictated the "moral law" you are talking about?

Pick another fight, bro.
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:07pm On Jul 08, 2017
menxer:

Since you can see into my conscience why bother arguing?
@bolded, it's good you are the Judge, deciding what is Sin and what is not.

Your conscience is your personal policeman. Don't be like the thief who doesn't believe in the existence of the police until he gets caught.

menxer:

It is now the "moral law" no longer the "moral law of God"?
Did you realized you have shifted to the atheist position of morality without God?

There is only one Moral Law (the decalogue) and this is universal and that is the reason it consonates with your conscience.

menxer:

the "moral law of God" just like gravity is not universal because there is no gravity in space. Meaning it applies to Christians on earth.
Choose your analogy well

There is gravity everywhere. Gravity from Earth keeps the Moon in orbit. Why don't you try jumping out of an airplane that is 30,000 miles in the air without a parachute and see whether there is gravity up their in the sky to be obeyed. shocked

menxer:

Is it Allah that dictated the "moral law" you are talking about?

Pick another fight, bro.

Ask your conscience and compare it to either the decalogue or sharia law and see which one will resound in you. cool
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by menxer: 4:04pm On Jul 08, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Your conscience is your personal policeman. Don't be like the thief who doesn't believe in the existence of the police until he gets caught.

There is only one Moral Law (the decalogue) and this is universal and that is the reason it consonates with your conscience.

There is gravity everywhere. Gravity from Earth keeps the Moon in orbit. Why don't you try jumping out of an airplane that is 30,000 miles in the air without a parachute and see whether there is gravity up their in the sky to be obeyed. shocked

Ask your conscience and compare it to either the decalogue or sharia law and see which one will resound in you. cool

So your conscience is your police and polices you, ok. Hope it doesn't take bribe.

So 30000 miles in the air is how far your decalogue clouded mind can imagine?
Space is measured in light years.

Besides the decalogue is a plagiarized version of other more ancient scriptures.
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:37pm On Jul 26, 2017
menxer:

So your conscience is your police and polices you, ok. Hope it doesn't take bribe.

So 30000 miles in the air is how far your decalogue clouded mind can imagine?
Space is measured in light years.

Besides the decalogue is a plagiarized version of other more ancient scriptures.

It's either you trust your conscience or you silence it with your philosophies. The fact remains that your conscience and the Moral Law is in agreement whether you like it or not. Only Jesus can set you free from intellectual suicide.
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by menxer: 3:23am On Jul 27, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

It's either you trust your conscience or you silence it with your philosophies. The fact remains that your conscience and the Moral Law is in agreement whether you like it or not. Only Jesus can set you free from intellectual suicide.

I don't need to ascend the Mountain using your idea of moral law as compass, as it is useless in this terrain and you can't force or blackmail me to.

Jesus discovered and said, "I am the way. I am the truth. I am the life, nobody accesses the Father except by me (I am)"
mind you, he didn't say, "I, Jesus, am the way." "I, Jesus, am the truth." "I, Jesus, am the Life."

And I also have discovered that I am the way, I am the truth, I am the life, and I have access to the Father through me (I am).

If and when you make that discovery for yourself, the teachings of Jesus has set you free.

Jesus did not come to be worshipped of men and neither did any of the ancient masters.

So the earlier you wake up to that reality (before you are awaken by physical death) the better.
Re: How To Preach To A Loved One Who Is An Atheist by blackbriar: 11:49am On Jul 27, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

what is conscience please?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Catholic: Must We Confess Sin To Priest, Cant We Talk To God Directly??? / Message Series / Powerful Sermons Audio Download Mp3 By Nigerian Pastors, Real Pastors Are Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.