Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

A Call To Checkmate Nigeria Divide And Rule - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Call To Checkmate Nigeria Divide And Rule (596 Views)

It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough / 2023: Early Moves To Checkmate Atiku / How ANN Will Checkmate PDP, APC — Olawepo-hashim, Presidential Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Call To Checkmate Nigeria Divide And Rule by Ballmer: 12:09pm On Jun 04, 2017
This is a Nigeria story narrated as a family. A family where the British is the father, three adult children among others with the HausaFulani, Yoruba and Igbo in the that order. I have been disturbed as to why Nigeria as been plagued with so many problems and could not deduce any logical conclusion. I grew up to understand the British, the military represent a section of Nigeria's problem so i naturally believed all problem should be solved with the introduction of democracy. Sadly all it did was raise bigger problem so I research further to why Nigeria problems could not be tackled head on to build the great country we desired.

I believe the problems of the world is a very simple one and could replicate world successes back home. I do not believe in magic, I can not say I believe in miracle but I believe a God is supreme to all earthly creation so I strongly believe God is not ready to make Nigeria great. My reason is as basic as my knowledge of world history. I marvel at how China out grew Japan Europe & even Russian. How UAE 'Dubai' developed into a great tourist destination even American and Europeans love to visit. How Brazil quickly transformed itself, Turkey with the rise of Erdoğan, Malaysia, Singapore etc. Back home having critically examine why Nigeria can not get the basic things right talk less of taking on complex issues. I have realized just one basic issue is the problem plaguing Nigeria. I do not have a name for it but the summary of it all is after the death of the father "British" leadership fell squarely to the eldest children who only inherited the outdated ruling skills from the father.

Last week witnessed the turning down of the SEDC south east development commission bill. I had a good laugh over it remembering how the Igbo supported and turned down the Lagos special bill by Tinubu but thinking further I realized Nigeria is sitting on a tripod of HausaFulani, Yoruba and Igbo. The three section proposed three bills which is NEDC, Lagos special bill and the SEDC. Clearly only the most UNDESERVING section which destroyed and devastated it's own region for whatever reason got it's wish. The south needs to look at the bigger picture here, if the north deserves a NEDC, the east should have it's own SEDC and Lagos and the west should be entitled to it's special bill. The south must sensitize itself and work together whether in distrust or trust. The more the south which include the Yoruba Igbo and NigerDelta convince each other in forging an alliance to demand the north does what is right and fair to all the faster this country will develop.

Re: A Call To Checkmate Nigeria Divide And Rule by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 04, 2017
Ballmer:
[s]This is a Nigeria story narrated as a family. A family where the British is the father, three adult children among others with the HausaFulani, Yoruba and Igbo in the that order. I have been disturbed as to why Nigeria as been plagued with so many problems and could not deduce any logical conclusion. I grew up to understand the British, the military represent a section of Nigeria's problem so i naturally believed all problem should be solved with the introduction of democracy. Sadly all it did was raise bigger problem so I research further to why Nigeria problems could not be tackled head on to build the great country we desired.

I believe the problems of the world is a very simple one and could replicate world successes back home. I do not believe in magic, I can not say I believe in miracle but I believe a God is supreme to all earthly creation so I strongly believe God is not ready to make Nigeria great. My reason is as basic as my knowledge of world history. I marvel at how China out grew Japan Europe & even Russian. How UAE 'Dubai' developed into a great tourist destination even American and Europeans love to visit. How Brazil quickly transformed itself, Turkey with the rise of Erdoğan, Malaysia, Singapore etc. Back home having critically examine why Nigeria can not get the basic things right talk less of taking on complex issues. I have realized just one basic issue is the problem plaguing Nigeria. I do not have a name for it but the summary of it all is after the death of the father "British" leadership fell squarely to the eldest children who only inherited the outdated ruling skills from the father.

Last week witnessed the turning down of the SEDC south east development commission bill. I had a good laugh over it remembering how the Igbo supported and turned down the Lagos special bill by Tinubu but thinking further I realized Nigeria is sitting on a tripod of HausaFulani, Yoruba and Igbo. The three section proposed three bills which is NEDC, Lagos special bill and the SEDC. Clearly only the most UNDESERVING section which destroyed and devastated it's own region for whatever reason got it's wish. The south needs to look at the bigger picture here, if the north deserves a NEDC, the east should have it's own SEDC and Lagos and the west should be entitled to it's special bill. The south must sensitize itself and work together whether in distrust or trust. The more the south which include the Yoruba Igbo and NigerDelta convince each other in forging an alliance to demand the north does what is right and fair to all the faster this country will develop.[/s]

Work with yourself in your imaginary South.

1 Like

Re: A Call To Checkmate Nigeria Divide And Rule by DocHMD: 1:30pm On Jun 04, 2017
You enjoy the throwing out of the SEDC bill as yoruba man after destruction of the EASTERN region by war but want the EAST to unite with you?

How milligrams of Tramadol and codein did you mix in your ewedu today?

grin grin

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Power Situation In Your State Now??? / Arewa Youths have granted Nnamdi Kanu his wishes. Now go for it, Kanu / How Abiola Was Killed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.