Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,847 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji (30745 Views)

Gabrielle Union Vs Genevieve Nnaji / Ini Edo Vs Genevieve Nnaji / Stephanie Okereke Vs. Genevieve Nnaji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by H2O2: 8:42pm On Jan 04, 2010
Bimbo Akin is of course the better actress.
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by yjay(f): 9:37am On Jan 05, 2010
no comparison at all! they are not even in the same league! WAT!!! & i do agree with the person who said bimbo's command of English made jenny's sound like ABC
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by H2O2: 9:41am On Jan 05, 2010
yjay:

no comparison at all! they are not even in the same league! WAT!!! & i do agree with the person who said bimbo's command of English made jenny's sound like ABC
Ouch. That's cold!
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by yjay(f): 11:40am On Jan 05, 2010
sorry, no disrespect at all!
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by H2O2: 12:17pm On Jan 05, 2010
No offence taken. I agree with you sha grin
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by TeeJay6(m): 1:37pm On Jan 05, 2010
No contest whatsoever, Bimbo is in a different league to Genevieve,
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 05, 2010
Bimbo is a diva!
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by sentimentalsoul(m): 8:04pm On Jan 05, 2010
hw can u compare bimbo to Genny, abeg the difference is clear, Genny is the bomb, Genny is a lady that knows her Onion very well, thumb ups for Genny o jari
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by kemcin: 8:01pm On Feb 07, 2010
haters of genny sorry!
is very clear dat u ppl r not
sayin d fact,u hate genny does not mean
u shd condem what she does betterangry

u r talkin of best actress rite!!!!!!!
bimbo her actin where has it taken her to?

pls genny anytim any day
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by giwa4giwa(m): 1:32pm On Mar 25, 2010
shes active in any role dat comes her way, she can play iya arugbos role, she can play bad girl, nice girl, even street hawk gal, bt genny dou shes hot too, but her role in move is one way, i mean nice guy always or mums pet dat fall in luv.

hersafety air bag is even active. do touch it.

i gv it to Beambor gal,

Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by davmor(m): 9:36pm On Apr 07, 2010
You all that says that Bimbo or Bingo I don't know, is better than Gene-Nnaji are fools. Gene, is as popular as Obama of United State, why is it that the Bimbo or Bambo u guys called her is not known at all. You judges should judge well. No racism. Yoruba or no Yoruba, Gene is THE BEST in capital. Believe me or not. NB: that in world of Philosophy, I can believe you if only you believe me. Even the Bambo or Bimbo's pix you guy posted here is never identifiable. But in the contrary, if like post a dirty/damaged pix of Gene-Nnaji, all soul must definitly got to that its Gene. So check well.
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by H2O2: 9:45pm On Apr 07, 2010
^^^ You are a FOOL!
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by davmor(m): 11:31pm On Apr 07, 2010
H2O2:

^^^ You are a FOOL!
Senior fool is what u are! Dare Gene-Nnaji again next time.
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by H2O2: 4:06am On Apr 08, 2010
^i'm scared niggero.
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by davmor(m): 6:44am On Apr 08, 2010
H2O2:

^i'm scared niggero.
I mean no harm
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by kemcin: 8:00pm On Apr 08, 2010
genny has gone to oprah show ooo!!
haters of genny sorry
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by davmor(m): 10:45pm On Apr 08, 2010
kemcin:

haters of genny sorry

Tell them my dear, its a pitty for them. Gene is movig ahead!
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by jamolomo(f): 3:30pm On Apr 13, 2010
bimbo is better
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by davmor(m): 6:19pm On Apr 13, 2010
jamolomo:

bimbo is better
bloody lie. Believe that Gene is the best or, !
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by davmor(m): 6:33pm On Apr 13, 2010
jamolomo:

bimbo is better
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by jamolomo(f): 7:33pm On Apr 13, 2010
davmor:

davmor pls i have the fucking right to say anything i want to say
this post was meant for nairalanders to give their own fucking point
and i stand on THE FUCKING POINT
BIMBO IS BETTER THAN THING CALLED GENNY WHOSE DAUGHTER DOESNT EVEN KNOW HER FATHER
SHE HAS TO KEEP THE CHILD WITH HER MOTHER WHAT A SHAME
MORESO GENNY IS A SKET AND A SLAG SHE WAS DATING DBANJ AND LATER DATING THE CHILD
OF THE VICE PRESIDENT OF GHANA AND THE GUYS THINKS SHE GONNA MARRY THEM
SO DAVMOR OR WHAT THE Bleep YOU CALL NAME
I STAND ON FUCKING POINT AND I DONT GIVE DAMN A SHIT ON WHAT YOU MEAN OR WHAT YOU ARE TRY TO THREATENING ME AND THEY ARE EMPTY THREATS
GET THAT YOU CUNT
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 13, 2010
My choice is Bimbo Akintola.
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by kemcin: 9:53pm On Apr 16, 2010
if u c good thing pls appreciate it
how cld u compare genny wit bimbo
it is very obvious dat is racism,,,
so y r we one nigeria?.anyways

whether u ppl like it or not,who God has blessd,nobodi
can change it,,genny will continue to move higher
even ur hatered towards her,can never get her.lol
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by ceasyc(f): 4:39am On Apr 17, 2010
kemcin:

she went to d show? physically shocked shocked shocked
really = THATS A BLOODY LIE!

i like bimbo, gene too but
saying geneveive's name on oprah's show amongst a lot of
other famous ppl in their own country/continent & being on d show physically is not d same thing

my source/link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_eXV_ftPAY

inspiremagng — September 28, 2009 — "Miss Genevieve Nnaji was featured on Oprah on the 28th of September as one of the most famous people in the world of Entertainment. Genevieve was described as the most famous actress in Nollywood."

your source pls
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 27, 2011
jamolomo:

davmor pls i have the bleeping right to say anything i want to say
  this post was meant for nairalanders to give their own bleeping point
and i stand on THE bleeping POINT
BIMBO IS BETTER THAN THING CALLED GENNY WHOSE DAUGHTER  DOESNT EVEN KNOW HER FATHER
SHE HAS TO KEEP THE CHILD WITH HER MOTHER WHAT A SHAME
MORESO GENNY IS A SKET AND A SLAG  SHE WAS DATING DBANJ AND LATER DATING THE CHILD
OF THE VICE PRESIDENT OF GHANA AND THE GUYS THINKS SHE GONNA MARRY THEM

SO  DAVMOR OR WHAT THE bleep YOU CALL NAME
I STAND ON bleeping POINT AND I DONT GIVE DAMN A poo ON WHAT YOU MEAN OR WHAT YOU ARE TRY TO THREATENING ME AND THEY ARE EMPTY THREATS
GET THAT YOU womanliness

shocked shocked

[In Trinidadian accent >>>>]Oh my gowsh!

heheeeeeeee!  cheesy cheesy
and they say Mrs.Chima is bad!  grin *psh!*
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by ifyalways(f): 12:30pm On May 28, 2011
@Topic,better actress . . . definitely Bimbo,love her to pieces BUT she has not been as lucky and favored as Genny in the industry.
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by Basics007: 6:57am On May 29, 2011
Waoh! Six yrs on this thread has not degenerated into an ethnicity b.i.t.c.hfest? That is an achievement on NL!
Bimbo can act better than Gene (pls i'm not sayin Gene cant act o. I'm also a huge fan of her) but of course Gene's career will always move higher cos of her superior beauty because in the movie industry beauty rules.
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by spicyhoney(f): 11:57pm On May 29, 2011
Though am one of Genevieve's greatest fan but when it comes to acting skills and diction; Bimbo Akintola wins, there is no room for comparison here, way to obvious.
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by vislabraye(m): 4:12am On May 30, 2011
Genevieve has that presence and class a lot actresses don't have in Nollywood.

Bimbo Akintola is that actress that would fit stage play/ drama perfectly. She's got good command of English and has years of experience acting. But there is non in Nollywood like Gene
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by vislabraye(m): 4:16am On May 30, 2011
Genevieve has that presence and class a lot actresses don't have in Nollywood.

Bimbo Akintola is that actress that would fit stage play/ drama perfectly. She's got good command of English and has years of experience acting. But there is non in Nollywood like Gene
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by Nairaface: 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2011
In terms of beauty, one man's acid is another man's antacid. I happen to think Bimbo Akintola is pretty. Genevieve is pretty too (below is the pic of her that I think reveals her face best), but I think Bimbo is prettier. I also don't see the striking prettiness in Genny that is talked about, but she has star-power and good PR. She has,  I am not going to say she has more class, but she has a way of keeping to herself that makes the media/public more intrigued. That is how to stay relevant in the entertainment industry: keep them yearning for more (more information, more dirt, more rumor, more clarification, ). Bimbo Akintola is pretty, but she doesn't fit the Western definition of attractive size as much as Genny does, and we all know more people go with Western everything. Genny is slimmer, but the new Bimbo is slimmer than the old Bimbo.

(below is her current FB profile pic)

Face wise, Bimbo is prettier. English diction wise, Bimbo is better, and it's probably owing to her pedigree (The Akintola in her. Of course I am speculating here). Star-power wise, Genny it is. Stage presence wise, Bimbo. Acting wise, Bimbo. Give Bimbo a mini-role in a movie, and she will still stand out. Case in point, Keeping Faith. She was supposed to be the friend with practically nothing going for her, but she stood out! That's a star right there. Let's face it, if she had an English name, she would have gone places more than she has. Someone in the earlier post even inferred that by saying "how can you compare a Bimbo to a Genny. Look at the names sef" or something to that effect. Did you guys see Back to Life? Bimbo held her own even with Liz Benson in the movie. Her presence was equally felt. Could be the fact that she actually studied this Theater business, in a great school for that matter, long before Nollywood became what it is now. I think that's a sign that she has a passion for acting, and did not just waka dia because of fame or fortune.  Did you not see Dangerous Twins? What I don't like in the Yoruba movies she acts in is that they tend to give her these "big-madam" roles. Almost like they are so in awe of her that they don't think of giving her challenging roles. But she delivers in Yoruba movies too, as she does in stage plays.

Genny is a star! She's a smart business woman. She appears to have mastered the tricks to stay relevant. She has natural talent too, so with just a little bit more training, she might be in Bimbo's level acting wise. But she is an undeniable star. I think she can become irrelevant with time though if she doesn't work on her stage presence. Don't really have an opinion on her personality because we don't really know these people. So maybe she is likeable in person, she needs to bring that to life on stage too. Give us some fire!

A good comparison of skills with Bimbo in the midst should include names like (A+ Listers):
Uche Osostule (Onome)
Kate Henshaw
Stella Damascus
Wale Macaulay
Maureen Iweka
Rita Dominic
Gloria Anozie
Kunle Bamtefa
Clarion Chukwura (Clarion of the 90s)
Lanre Balogun (probably should be on the same list as Liz)
this lady from the East or South South who acted in Hostages (the abused wife of Alhaji in Keeping Faith that went to Funlola's office)
RMD
Shola Shobowale (she probably should be in the same list as Liz too,  I am not sure).

Too good to be on any list (A+++):
Toun Oni
Bukky Ajayi
Mama Rainbow
Liz Benson
Ngozi Nwosu
Funmi Martins
Remi Abiola
Keppy Ekpeyong Bassey
Joke Silva

A listers:
Omotola J E
Nse Ikpe Etim
Dakore Egbuson
Mercy Aigbe
Ramsey Noah
Olu Jacobs

A- List (Acting wise, these A- listers are A to A+, but I wanted to keep the two lists classy)
Mercy Johnson
Ayo Adesanya
Eucharia Anunobi

With Genny in the midst (B listers):
Funlola Aofiyebi (The only reason Funlola is here is, although she is a good actress, I "think" the way she talks is played up/fake. Especially in Violated. If I am wrong, then she belongs with Bimbo and co)
Patience Ozokwor
Chioma Chukwuka
Charion Chukwura (post 90s)

Out of Bounds - "Don't mess with my Tutu", as said by Bimbo Akintola, remains a classic line. And the Gardener? I should scavenge the internet for a copy of that! That was when Nollywood made movies, not churn out garbage!

The problem that I see with a lot of the quality actors in Nigeria is that they relied solely on their skills, which should be a good thing, but not in Nigeria where sex and fakeness sells (case in point: Tonto Dike is described as an A-lister in some publications!!! Tonto what Is she an actress? Even Ini Edo, a D- Lister, is a better actress). Maybe if they all came together to create quality movies, slowly but surely, love of their work will be renewed, and the mediocre "actors" will either be forced to step up their game or phase out.

Notice the ones that get featured by the top notch producers. Tade Ogidan movies are rare, but you can be sure that these golden fishes are going to be fished out to take up roles in them. Same goes for Ego Boyo's movies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Flavour Takes A Walk With His Daughter / Dija On Set With Mercy Johnson, Queen Nwokoye, Bimbo Akintola & KOK / Lilian Esoro And Friends Recreate Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.