Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,399 members, 7,819,422 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria (35386 Views)

See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) / 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos / Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 6:10am On Jun 06, 2017
Lionessza:

Where are you from in pta?

Living Menlyn side.

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Lionessza(f): 6:11am On Jun 06, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Living Menlyn side.

Ok .where are you from originally?
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 6:12am On Jun 06, 2017
Lionessza:

Ok .where are you from originally?
Hammanskraal

My dear. Are you interviewing me?

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Lionessza(f): 6:14am On Jun 06, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Hammanskraal

My dear. Are you interviewing me?

Just curious nje , you are free not to respond dear if the questions make you feel uncomfortable .
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 6:19am On Jun 06, 2017
Lionessza:

Just curious nje , you are free not to respond dear if the questions make you feel uncomfortable .

I know you are very curious. I can see that. If I don't respond, then please don't make 'accusations' about my not being SA'n. Letting you know where I'm from doesn't make me uncomfortable. I hope you're comfortable now knowing your fellow SA'n is planning to relocate to Nigeria. It's not strange. That doesn't take away from the fact that I love my country. Very much. (Even with the increased crime against women and children nowadays and Zuma and Guptas). Every country has its pros and cons.

Have a good day!
One love

3 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Lionessza(f): 6:21am On Jun 06, 2017
afrikanbabe:

I know you are very curious. I can see that. If I don't respond, then please don't make 'accusations' about my not being SA'n. Letting you know where I'm from doesn't make me uncomfortable. I[b] hope you're comfortable now knowing your fellow SA'n is planning to relocate to Nigeria.[/b] That doesn't take away the fact that I love my country. (Even with the increased crime against women and children nowadays and Zuma and Guptas). Every country has its pros and cons.

Have a good day!
One love

Hahahaha. Enjoy dear.

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 06, 2017
MduZA:

NO answer yet...Im also curious

Uyamthemba? I have my suspicions but this is the internet. You have to take everything with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 7:11am On Jun 06, 2017
Lionessza:

Yazi ndicinga ngulo uqale waphendula undecided . She's always saying the same things nge SA .

Hai Shem. Be strong ladies. I'm laughing at how much this is surprising you. Open your minds and the world is your oyster. ZarZar, asking Mduza uyanthemba (trusts me)? Hahaha. You're right, it's perfectly okay for you to take things with a grain of salt. You never know these days. But this post was directed to Nigerians living there about work opportunities. So, as for you trusting me or not and typing in Zulu to decipher me hahah. It's hilarious

2 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 06, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Hai Shem. Be strong ladies. I'm laughing at how much this is surprising you. Open your minds and the world is your oyster. ZarZar, asking Mduza uyanthemba (trusts me)? Hahaha. You're right, it's perfectly okay for you to take things with a grain of salt. You never know these days. But this post was directed to Nigerians living there about work opportunities. So, as for you trusting me or not and typing in Zulu to decipher me hahah. It's hilarious

Can you blame me for having mixed reactions though? Yours is a curious case, hence I'm not sure if it's for real or not. Where you are going aside, mentally, I'm trying to put myself in the same situation of deciding to move permanently to a place where I don't have any relatives etc & it's a scary thought. I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds it hard to understand but oh well.

2 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by OakPearl(m): 7:31am On Jun 06, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Hi @bisi16
Right on, I bet your girl would've loved Nigeria and probably would be in agreement that it has a great energy (compared to Cape Town). Black folks are struggling in comparison to white folks in the Western Cape. It's sad really. Though CPT is beautiful, hands down. Aluta continua. It is well

Let me push some more on the portals! Thanks

Yeah, beautiful.
Visited Cape Town only, Table Bay mountain and all.
You've got me feeling nostalgic already.
Na wa grin

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by londoner: 8:23am On Jun 06, 2017
Op try and join InterNations.org It's an expat site and they a group in Lagos and Abuja you may be able to make some useful contacts or opportunities. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by czaratwork: 9:35am On Jun 06, 2017
Abeg a million Nigerians will give an arm to be in your place. please stay put and enjoy your country.
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by morpheus24: 10:35am On Jun 06, 2017
ZarZar:

Can you blame me for having mixed reactions though? Yours is a curious case, hence I'm not sure if it's for real or not. Where you are going aside, mentally, I'm trying to put myself in the same situation of deciding to move permanently to a place where I don't have any relatives etc & it's a scary thought. I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds it hard to understand but oh well.

In other words what you are again insinuating is that it is very unusual for "Black" SA's to leave their country to places where they have no family support. White SA's do this all the time and no one finds it strange how they have left in droves carrying their skills or adventurous spirits.

As mentioned earlier, the reason it seems unusual is because of the perception that most black SA's have become accustomed to as regards the rest of Africa and so it is difficult to fathom that one would move from a SA to say Ghana

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Girl Crush To Death By Dangote Truck In Okene, Kogi (Graphic Photos) / Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section) / Rain Falls For The First Time In Maiduguri, Residents Celebrate (Screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.