Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria (35396 Views)

See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) / 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos / Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by morpheus24: 10:39am On Jun 06, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Hai Shem. Be strong ladies. I'm laughing at how much this is surprising you. Open your minds and the world is your oyster. ZarZar, asking Mduza uyanthemba (trusts me)? Hahaha. You're right, it's perfectly okay for you to take things with a grain of salt. You never know these days. But this post was directed to Nigerians living there about work opportunities. So, as for you trusting me or not and typing in Zulu to decipher me hahah. It's hilarious
As I mentioned earlier Africanbabe, you need to take that leap of faith and go. You will become a better person for it when you remove yourself from your comfort zone and venture out. There are risks to moving to Nigeria but I am not too worried about you because you have already been there before and are not totally clueless of where you are going to.

PS worse case scenario, if you get in trouble your embassy is situated somewhere off Ajose Adeogun in Victoria island, Take a taxi there, show them your passport or speak strong Tswana or fanagalore to them and you are on a one way ticket back to OR tambo
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 06, 2017
ZarZar:

Can you blame me for having mixed reactions though? Yours is a curious case, hence I'm not sure if it's for real or not. Where you are going aside, mentally, I'm trying to put myself in the same situation of deciding to move permanently to a place where I don't have any relatives etc & it's a scary thought. I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds it hard to understand but oh well.

I don't know if you know how annoying and condescending you South Africans seem on this thread? Honestly, if you ever try putting on this attitude if anything brings you down to Nigeria, I trust my people, they will remind you that we saved your sorry ass' from white supremacists in your country.

Stop this unnecessary interrogations Zulu being and stop spoiling this thread. Go away from here to your South African/Zulu natal blogs, stop this xenophobia stuff and GETOUT of here pls.
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by morpheus24: 10:42am On Jun 06, 2017
czaratwork:
Abeg a million Nigerians will give an arm to be in your place. please stay put and enjoy your country.

A million poor Nigerians would give an arm and leg. Did she tell you she is poor?

2 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by morpheus24: 10:50am On Jun 06, 2017
Pidgin2:

I don't know if you know how annoying and condescending you South Africans seem on this thread? Honestly, if you ever try putting on this attitude if anything brings you down to Nigeria, I trust my people, they will remind you that we saved your sorry ass' from white supremacists in your country.

Stop this unnecessary interrogations Zulu being and stop spoiling this thread. Go away from here to your South African/Zulu natal blogs, stop this xenophobia stuff and GETOUT of here pls.

Guy you cant blame them honestly.
1.They do not know much about anything outside of the country and they just got it back 20 years ago so no rush to leave.
2. Their cultures are centered around closely knit families so they do not venture far.
3. They have a skewed perception of the rest of the continent because they see an influx of immigrants into the country and so assume everything outside cannot be reasonably better than what they have.

When I lived in the US i found this phenomena very evident in African Americans as well. i am not sure what the link is, possibly as result of being mis-educated by an oppressive govt. Funny thing is the White population in SA and America are eager to spread their wings any where in the world. I guess it boils down to culture.

4 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Omoluabi16(m): 11:27am On Jun 06, 2017
Hello afrikanbabe. Good thing you want to experience the Nigerian culture and possibly have a life here. Anybody can thrive here, we do not discriminate.. infact We are very welcoming to foreigners. But a jobseeker here? I'll advice you to be very careful, you can't be trusting. Research deeper about the lagos environment/life before you take that leap. Good thing some people have given you Job sites.

It's unfortunate the way your fellow nationals are subtly trying to discourage you and making condescending remarks about Nigeria. I'm happy you've been here, seen our 'madness' and hold no prejudice about nigeria. whatever you choose to do, I wish you the best.

2 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Omoluabi16(m): 11:30am On Jun 06, 2017
czaratwork:
Abeg a million Nigerians will give an arm to be in your place. please stay put and enjoy your country.
you are so wrong.

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by justwise(m): 12:49pm On Jun 06, 2017
@All

Please stop derailing this thread and take your debate about Nigeria vs SA to general section.

Thank you.
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by madjune(m): 1:04pm On Jun 06, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Madjune,

I don't know actually. I guess it all depends on who you know

It's well.
I'm praying for you. Amen.
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by DAPMAN601: 1:31pm On Jun 06, 2017
Hello, you might try to do a job search on WWW.NEUVOO.COM. There is a comprehensive list of almost all the jobs openings in Nigeria there.
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 2:43pm On Jun 06, 2017
ZarZar:

Can you blame me for having mixed reactions though? Yours is a curious case, hence I'm not sure if it's for real or not. Where you are going aside, mentally, I'm trying to put myself in the same situation of deciding to move permanently to a place where I don't have any relatives etc & it's a scary thought. I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds it hard to understand but oh well.

It's not that curious case if you read and find out what is happening in the world. If you have the chance, travel too. It opens one's mind. Don't judge what you don't understand

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Rain Falls For The First Time In Maiduguri, Residents Celebrate (Screenshots) / Married Lady Dies In Accident In Makurdi While Trying To Avoid Okada Man (pics) / Ongoing Rehabilitation Of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Ihiala Section)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.