Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,462 members, 7,846,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:52 AM

Kashamu: No Extradition Case Against Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashamu: No Extradition Case Against Me (623 Views)

Diezani: Setback In Extradition Moves Over Dominica Republic Citizenship / EFCC Chairman, Magu Meets UK Authorities, Begins Diezani’s Extradition Process / Kashamu: I’ve No Extradition Case In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kashamu: No Extradition Case Against Me by GovernorGeneral: 9:17am On Jun 05, 2017
Kashamu: No extradition case against me

The senator representing Ogun East Senatorial District, Buruji Kashamu, has said there is no case of extradition against him. 
He also described as wrong Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose’s call for President Muhammadu Buhari’s resignation.
Kashamu, in a statement yesterday, said the Ekiti State governor’s call was unfortunate coming at a time eminent Nigerians were praying for the president’s recovery.
He said: “It is most unfortunate that while eminent and responsible Nigerians are praying for the quick recovery of our dear President, all a misguided state governor could do, apart from chasing the shadows of an illusionary elongation of his tenure, is to call for the resignation of the President. Is there any vacuum in governance? No! We are all living witnesses to the marvelous work that the structure that has been put in place by this government is doing seamlessly. Anybody can be sick. Fayose himself is the one acting like a sick person; his erratic and unpredictable nature gives the impression of someone who lives on anti-depressant drugs. This is confirmed by his irrational call for the president’s resignation and compulsive rhetoric in the guise of opposition. Fayose should concentrate on the task of governing Ekiti State; per chance he might end up accomplishing something meaningful.   Unfortunately, he burns his energy on unimportant things instead of using it to serve his people and fight for the interest of the Yoruba race.  He cannot leave the reins of power for anyone because he is power drunk. He cannot also trust anyone with power. The cloak of seeking to complete the seven months that he was denied in 2006 when he was impeached is a tall dream – an impossibility!”
Kashamu described as sesational a news report about the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, and the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) saying they would halt extradition moves against him until all the court cases are disposed of.
The senator said: “It is all mischief and over sensationalism by some reporters. As judicial reporters, they should know that there is no extradition case anywhere against me. I was the one who went to court to commence contempt proceedings principally against the NDLEA when I learnt of their collusion with others to either kidnap or abduct me, in defiance of subsisting court judgments and orders from both home and abroad. But, good enough they came to court and denied the plan and stated on oath that they will respect court decisions and abide by the Rule of Law. Hence, my lawyers decided to withdraw the case. Moreover, in the latest court order issued on the 30th of May 2017 by a Federal High Court in Abuja, the court agreed with my lawyers that ”…the judgments of this Court have provided sufficient protection to the Applicant from being kidnapped...”
“Let me say it loud and clear: in the face of the law, I do not have any extradition case to answer. Political manipulation and wizardry is deadly in Nigeria; people can kill for power and pull down people for being upright and daring to stand up to the truth. Politicians in Nigeria, especially of the Yoruba stock are wicked and evil-minded; they can do anything to cripple you. We do not have the fear of God. You can hardly see a Northerner pull down another northerner. I want to draw the attention of Nigerians and the whole world to the fact that there isn’t ANY pending extradition case against me in ANY court either here in Nigeria or any part of the world; nor any attempt to extradite me per se. What I have been fighting is any attempt to abduct or kidnap me in the guise of an extradition. The purported extradition case that was filed against me in May 2015 was dismissed for being an illegality. In fact, the courts found it incomprehensible that any government official or agency could want to take any step or collaborate with some foreign agents under any guise to perpetrate an ill

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Quit Notice: Igbo Youth Avengers Reacts / Ladoke Akintola And Ahmadu Bello's Hate Campaign Against The Igbos / I’ll Take Presidential Powers Out Of Buhari’s Hand As Next President – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.