Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators (4056 Views)

Cac Closes Manual Registration Of Companies In Five States / Black Market Operators Lose As Naira Trades At N400/dollar / 14 Investors Drag CBN, SEC To Supreme Court Over N23.7bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by mzirawo: 6:35am On Jun 06, 2017
SEC TO REVOKE REGISTRATION OF 400 CAPITAL MARKET OPERATORS
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/06/sec-to-revoke-registration-of-400.html

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) said it would revoked the registration of about 400 capital market experts and professionals who do not comply with the directive to provide updated information of their companies by July 31, 2017.
According to a circular from SEC, yesterday, any firm whose response is not received within this time frame would be considered inactive and the SEC would exercise its power to revoke its registration.
SEC said pursuant to the powers conferred on it by the Investments and Securities Act (ISA) 2007, it has directed all capital market experts or professionals to provide updated information of their companies/firms in December 2016 and February 2017.
The commission observed that a large number of capital market experts or professionals comprising Reporting Accountants, Solicitors, and Estate Surveyors/Valuers, among others did not respond to the request.
“The concerned firms are by the circular required to indicate their interest in retaining their registration with SEC as capital market experts or professionals by providing updated information on their firms.
“They are also reminded that the minimum number of Sponsored Individuals required for their registered function is three, including a Compliance Officer,” SEC said.
Eyes Of Lagos gathered that, According to SEC, in recognition that a larger number of capital market experts or professionals have offices in Lagos, the Commission in January 2017 relocated its Registration and Inspectorate Divisions to Lagos.
“The concerned capital market experts or professionals are enjoined to visit any of the commission’s offices in Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt and Kano for further clarification:
“All concerned capital market experts are required to comply with this directive on or before July 31, 2017 as any firm whose response is not received within this time frame would be considered inactive and the SEC would exercise its power to revoke its registration,” the statement added.

Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by sukkot: 7:48am On Jun 06, 2017
cool stuff mate
Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by vict505(m): 7:48am On Jun 06, 2017
Chiam
Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by gidi365: 7:50am On Jun 06, 2017
SEC TO REVOKE REGISTRATION OF 400 CAPITAL MARKET OPERATORS
source: http://www.gidi365.com/2017/06/sec-to-revoke-registration-of-400.html
Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by Seun4FastLoans(f): 7:50am On Jun 06, 2017
Okay
Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by Goodgate111(f): 7:52am On Jun 06, 2017
Noted.
Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by obojememe: 7:53am On Jun 06, 2017
i don't think i will ever understand what goes on in the so called capital market. ..i have tried my best to understand, buh i still don't get it
Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by centboy123456(m): 7:53am On Jun 06, 2017
aaa
Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by maxiuc(m): 7:53am On Jun 06, 2017
When are this SEC people recruiting

I need job there

The person below me is a masquerade let me book a land space for him to dance
Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by peteredo: 7:54am On Jun 06, 2017
Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by ictmikky(m): 7:56am On Jun 06, 2017
Dem go comply
Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by chuka5000(m): 8:07am On Jun 06, 2017
obojememe:
i don't think i will ever understand what goes on in the so called capital market. ..i have tried my best to understand, buh i still don't get it

u are not alone my brother
Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by bigfoot79(m): 8:12am On Jun 06, 2017
I have been processing my application for Sponsored Individual as a Capital Market Consultant for over a year now, yet the officers at SEC are not helping matter!
Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by alanka(f): 8:12am On Jun 06, 2017
vict505:
Chiam
OK!!! Perhaps market manipulation will reduce
Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by Ngasky(m): 8:12am On Jun 06, 2017
Imaginary market selling imaginary goods by official legal criminals to gullible financial illiterates.
The only winners in the so called capital market are the so called brokers ( legal criminals). They never loose their commission no matter how the market crashes, and funny enough those operators don't gamble in the stock exchange market they prefer to save their money in the bank or productive business but uses their clients money for the capital market gambling.
If you have money I'll advise you to use it to start a production/manufacturing business instead of this failed capitalist invention.
The capital market crashes in an average of every 10-15 years and the gullible customers bear the brunt of other people mistakes. But what bothers me is still you'll see other foolish people taking their money into same fictious paper wealth that can loose its value from 1000 naira to 25 naira within 3 hours without any pre warning
Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by Repairnigeria(m): 8:40am On Jun 06, 2017
nawa
Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by Bondesniger(m): 9:15am On Jun 06, 2017
will soon be back
Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by seniwellsFX: 11:41am On Jun 06, 2017
Ngasky:
Imaginary market selling imaginary goods by official legal criminals to gullible financial illiterates.
The only winners in the so called capital market are the so called brokers ( legal criminals). They never loose their commission no matter how the market crashes, and funny enough those operators don't gamble in the stock exchange market they prefer to save their money in the bank or productive business but uses their clients money for the capital market gambling.
If you have money I'll advise you to use it to start a production/manufacturing business instead of this failed capitalist invention.
The capital market crashes in an average of every 10-15 years and the gullible customers bear the brunt of other people mistakes. But what bothers me is still you'll see other foolish people taking their money into same fictious paper wealth that can loose its value from 1000 naira to 25 naira within 3 hours without any pre warning
hahaaa...guy u harsh oo...the capital market or financial instrument trading and investing must have dealt with u seriously.. the key to success in trading and investing in financial asset classes lies with a very few. And they have succeeded in guarding it with all their life. It takes beyond a university education in finance,econonics or any other discipline to succeed in market speculation or investing. That is why many fall towards the brokerage side of the business just like you said.

1 Like

Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by olujastro: 1:58pm On Jun 06, 2017
obojememe:
Like you, I used to skip Business news on Channels or when reading newspapers for the same reason several years ago. But now I spend much more time reading Business news than others.
How? I became an investor. Where your money is, there shall your heart be.
You can start with little investments in the stock market especially now that it's fast rising again since the CBN launched the new FX window for foreign investors. The ASI is just about 31,000 and I expect it to get back to pre-recession figures of about 48,000. So money can still be made before then.
Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by obojememe: 2:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
olujastro:

Like you, I used to skip Business news on Channels or when reading newspapers for the same reason several years ago. But now I spend much more time reading Business news than others.
How? I became an investor. Where your money is, there shall your heart be.
You can start with little investments in the stock market especially now that it's fast rising again since the CBN launched the new FX window for foreign investors. The ASI is just about 31,000 and I expect it to get back to pre-recession figures of about 48,000. So money can still be made before then.
thanks for your input
Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by Toscoas2(m): 2:42pm On Jun 06, 2017
chuka5000:

u are not alone my brother
Your background of study will speak much to that. any one in finance and accounting line knows better what capital market by does.
Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by vict505(m): 4:15pm On Jun 06, 2017
Yes dear!!!
alanka:
OK!!! Perhaps market manipulation will reduce
Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by Ngasky(m): 4:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
seniwellsFX:
hahaaa...guy u harsh oo...the capital market or financial instrument trading and investing must have dealt with u seriously.. the key to success in trading and investing in financial asset classes lies with a very few. And they have succeeded in guarding it with all their life. It takes beyond a university education in finance,econonics or any other discipline to succeed in market speculation or investing. That is why many fall towards the brokerage side of the business just like you said.
Ive never deal in speculative market. Apart frpm obvious flaws it is not allowed in islam per see. Even though some muslims justify it but i dont believe that
Re: SEC To Revoke Registration Of 400 Capital Market Operators by Ngasky(m): 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
seniwellsFX:
Ive never dealt in speculative market. Apart from obvious flaws it is not allowed in islam per see. Even though some muslims justify it but i dont believe that

(1) (Reply)

Abcon Kicks As Banks Suspend Bdcs’ Accounts Over Tax Remittance / What I Saw In Zenith Bank Today (pic Attached) / Igbos At Balogun Market In Lagos Have Decided To Come Down To The East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.