Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership (23131 Views)

Ethiopia Admits Shooting Down Kenyan Aircraft Taking Medical Supplies To Somalia / Protests In Tehran After Iran Admits Shooting Down Plane / Trump Staring At Sleeping King Of Morocco, Mohammed VI In France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 06, 2017
dexterinc2003:
Then the name should be changed from ECOWAS to ECONWAS. North and west African countries.
N.B: Looks like another north and west alliance. grin grin
We are also leaving this contraption called Africa.but we will take southafrica with us. grin grin grin

I agree with you 100% as the name no longer represents the objective
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by PETUK(m): 11:07am On Jun 06, 2017
ECOWAS was supposed to be a West Africa organization, it at well
Then Nigeria should join Europian Union

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 06, 2017
16 now
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by ivolt: 11:07am On Jun 06, 2017
Please do not admit an Arab country into ECOWAS
because that would lead to free movement of terrorists.
We have enough local terrorists on our hands already.

5 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by FX(m): 11:07am On Jun 06, 2017
How can a North African country join a west African community. Can Bayelsa state become a northern state in Nigeria. Wonders shall never cease. If na so, then South Africa should join Ecowas.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by WORLDPEACE(m): 11:08am On Jun 06, 2017
You that wants to travel to Europe and was considering the sahara desert where you might die from dehydration, pray this country is admitted into the ECOWAS so that your journey will be easier. You don't need a visa to enter any ECOWAS country. Even if you are a religious bigot and you have the highest Islamophobia, my brother cast and bind it in Jesus name. Phobia is anti progress. Jesus will not reward you for it.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 06, 2017
I have no idea whats going on nor do i give a shyt, lets ser how dis works out

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 06, 2017
Isn't Morocco in north africa though lipsrsealed Anyway na their wahala be that at least now boys fit hussle morocco visa free cheesy Make Angola, Botswana and Namibia sef do quick join ECOWAS. tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by rofanx13: 11:10am On Jun 06, 2017
If d presence of israeli prime minister could make him to stay away frm d meeting, then they are nt welcomed. what business has a country in d north africa wt a west african bloc? there is more to their membershp than just business. my opinion though

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by chi4ik(m): 11:10am On Jun 06, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

Your guess is as good as mine. They usually have no more compelling mission
these people are as smart as serpent.... ECOWAS need to watch out...

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by adeadeyera(m): 11:12am On Jun 06, 2017
Tobicrystal:
It's a good development as it will strengthen ties and foreign relations....OMG and I narrowly missed the FTC

Is it food?
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by SalamRushdie: 11:15am On Jun 06, 2017
ivolt:
Please do not admit an Arab country into ECOWAS
because that would lead to free movement of terrorist.
We have enough local terrorists on our hands already.

Smart observation

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by 0b100100111: 11:16am On Jun 06, 2017
dexterinc2003:
Then the name should be changed from ECOWAS to ECONWAS. North and west African countries.
N.B: Looks like another north and west alliance. grin grin
We are also leaving this contraption called Africa.but we will take southafrica with us. grin grin grin

The North an West re always allies

The problem of the World is the East.

East Africa
Middle East
Eastern Europe
Eastern Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by MrEverest(m): 11:17am On Jun 06, 2017
WTF? Morroco applying to join ECOWAS even when we are not geographically intelligible? Thats curious I must say. Again, coming back to your vomit when the Europeans have roundly & correctly rejected you? Thats shameful indeed! Even Turkey that is relatively developed both economically and militarily, and is even contigous geographically, is just being tolerated. These Barbers are indeed funny people.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by KemjikaEme: 11:18am On Jun 06, 2017
These people hold onto their Arab identity so tenaciously,so why are they rushing to join a core Sub Saharan group?
I sense a lot of ulterior motives behind this new desire to join Ecowas, more penetration into West Africa while keeping us at bay with terrorism and religious strife.
They are not to be trusted. This is not a good development at all!
West African and Ecowas leaders should be weary and careful!

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by maclatunji: 11:19am On Jun 06, 2017
adeadeyera:
The rationale behind the move still beats me.
I understand bi-lateral interests but ECOWAS is a sub-regional formation, for the life of me.
And the last time I checked, Morocco is up there in the north.
Besides, have they given up their Arab/Gulf identity?

Anyways, the only good news is West African hustlers can now travel there visa-free.

Goan get your ECOWAS passport if you don't already have.
Oya gbera, Morocco ti ya.

Google 'Western Sahara', the region that Morocco has annexed since the 70s after Spain. It has a direct border with Mauritania which used to be an ECOWAS member. This is a subtle attempt by Morocco to ensure that territory remains under its control. It might also make it difficult for Nigeria to keep supporting the Polisario front which is the body made-up of Saharawi people fighting for independence.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by almarthins(m): 11:19am On Jun 06, 2017
Afonjas:
Corruption everywhere, it's not West Africa organization again

Dem say go school u no gree go, u come here come dey make mouth. Olodo!

Morocco and Mauritania are d only countries in west that are still dilly dallying over which regional body to join. Mauritania is definitely west African, but in d case of Morocco a some portion of their land is in d west and 59% in d north.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 06, 2017
Nigeria was absent too, probably due to it being an Islamic nation.Isreal, we are sorry for that oh, we have no choice in the matter.
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by chi4ik(m): 11:20am On Jun 06, 2017
realone2012:
Some of you have this skewed victimization mindset.
So inviting a country would lead to Islamization? The other countries would fold their hands and let that happen?
Israel was invited for the meeting and you won't hear West African Muslims crying wolf.
Can't you see the bigger picture that it will further strengthen ECOWAS. Or which country in the current ECOWAS is a good as Morocco?

Hypocrites Islamophobes!!!
Must you insult before you air your view? u had an amazing point but ended up trashing it with insults. here is a forum whereby divergent views are bound to surface, dichotomy in conception never stimulate nor trigger any insult..... shalom
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Ogalanyachieze: 11:21am On Jun 06, 2017
Ok is that why our govt shun it cos of israeli pm. Cos apc, buhari, and north kicked against it when gej govt signed a mou on new diplomatic relationship with israel about 2014. Now the cabals have cornered act. Press not to attend. This is fishy. And as for the rising sun will still be an ecowas member and free entry and movement will be guaranteed. To any country,

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Catastrophe1: 11:22am On Jun 06, 2017
Moroccoans got love for west Africans. Nigeria especially.
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Yemi7up: 11:22am On Jun 06, 2017
9jasave:
How the new map go com be??
Good question but I still dought there intentions, hope this won't bring about high risk of terrorist in our region.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 06, 2017
Lol Osinbajo na real fake pastor, see how he threw his religion under the bus, why didnt he attend or send a minister, when i say this govt is inept ,BMC will start insulting Igbos, only the hand of God will deliver us from this bondage.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by RaptorX: 11:27am On Jun 06, 2017
They are all seeking closer ties to black Africa because of the vast amount of natural resources it's blessed with. Africans themselves don't know how blessed their continent is.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by MtuMsuper: 11:27am On Jun 06, 2017
Fantastic! We Kenyans are sending our applications ASAP.
Oga Nowenuse, uzzyfire, genieluv, and others too numerous to mention, tell them about our good behaviour!
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 06, 2017
ECOWAS is shiit.

All their visions, missions, are yet to be achieved or the treaties fully implemented.

with this decision, ECOWAS has further proven to be a joke.

and it's not surprising that ECOWAS is a failure, because the mother and life of ECOWAS which is Nigeria is also a failure.

The Francophone countries in ECOWAS (Benin, Togo, Ivory coast) are more committed to UEMOA than to ECOWAS. They don't even take ECOWAS seriously.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 06, 2017
na wa oh

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by adeadeyera(m): 11:29am On Jun 06, 2017
maclatunji:

Google 'Western Sahara', the region that Morocco has annexed since the 70s after Spain. It has a direct border with Mauritania which used to be an ECOWAS member. This is a subtle attempt by Morocco to ensure that territory remains under its control. It might also make it difficult for Nigeria to keep supporting the Polisario front which is the body made-up of Saharawi people fighting for independence.

Yes I'm aware they're afraid to lose grounds on old annexed territories. Which is why I questioned the rationale.
If you understand my comment well, it's a veiled pass at the ECOWAS "henchmen" who ensured the agenda materialised.
Trust me, I saw it coming. You'll recall Buhari visited Morocco a while back. What did you think was topmost on the agenda? Remember also, the Moroccan king reciprocated Buhari's gesture severally. Goodwill messages, solidarity visits, etc.

We sabi as e dey go jare.
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 06, 2017
CollinsWeGlobe:
my dad is biafran,my mom is nigerian
does this mean i'm an half cast??
No, you are Biacast wink
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 06, 2017
chi4ik:
these people are as smart as serpent.... ECOWAS need to watch out...

Nah. They're far from smart. They cannot put 2 and 2 together. All their plans are usually in the open. The problem is politicians. Its all about money for politifians.
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by martineverest(m): 11:37am On Jun 06, 2017
chi4ik:
there's a mission behind this... I hope is not the process of Islamizing the whole of West Africa
na......they dont want to free western sahara..west africa nations have been after d independence of western sahara.with this move,it will be difficult for dem to gain independence
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by martineverest(m): 11:39am On Jun 06, 2017
maclatunji:

u are d only person on dis thread dat understands moroccan ulterior motive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ukraine Bans Men From Getting Passports, Tells EU To Deport Its Men / Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) / North Korea Joins Hypersonic Arms Race ( Pics , Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.