Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership (23130 Views)

Ethiopia Admits Shooting Down Kenyan Aircraft Taking Medical Supplies To Somalia / Protests In Tehran After Iran Admits Shooting Down Plane / Trump Staring At Sleeping King Of Morocco, Mohammed VI In France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by lockupnop: 11:39am On Jun 06, 2017
Wait
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by purplekayc(m): 11:40am On Jun 06, 2017
Keneking:
That means they have displaced Nigeria grin

1. Giants of West African football

- Ivory Coast
- Senegal
- Cameroon
- Ghana
- Morocco
- Mali
- Nigeria

Buhari sef angry angry

Morocco is not in west Africa
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by cooljude(m): 11:40am On Jun 06, 2017
This move is political, they want to cut short the dreams of independence of Western Sahara from Morocco and they see a big market in ECOWAS.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by martineverest(m): 11:40am On Jun 06, 2017
Keneking:

- Ivory Coast
- Senegal
- Cameroon
- Ghana
- Morocco
- Mali
- Nigeria

Buhari sef angry angry
is cameroon a west african nation?.....well,they are btwn west and central africa
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by bigpicture001: 11:47am On Jun 06, 2017
...u guyz shld look @ d big picture: Morocco didn't apply to b admitted into ecomog,neither did they apply to b admitted to b enlisted into west africa's political organisations,rather it chose to join Ecowas..thats a vry tactical move from morroco.west Africa boast the latest population among all regional Africa: it has a common market as promoted by ecowas treaties.morroco as it is known has a bigger production capacities than the region's sleeping giant NIGERIA. niw they ain to fill up the lags in the production nd distribution of goods nd services as in shortage by the region instead of them patronising europeans.morocco will sure be better for it economically than any other nation in the group..my dear country naija with her influence in the region shouldn't have allowed Morocco entrance....whike naija is busy arguing abt the health of thier president,morocco is orchestrating it's vry ambitious plan of dominating west africa......for those of you who think movement of naija goods too wll get them to morocco,transportatiin cost will b a hindrance......now it's official,naija has totally lost its powers nd relevance

5 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by otosa(m): 11:50am On Jun 06, 2017
That means Algeria will also join ECOWAS Community in the future.
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 06, 2017
martineverest:
is cameroon a west african nation?.....well,they are btwn west and central africa

Hope you are not referring to time zone?
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by UncleJudax(m): 11:56am On Jun 06, 2017
CollinsWeGlobe:
my dad is biafran,my mom is nigerian
does this mean i'm an half cast??
"Fool cast"
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by otosa(m): 11:58am On Jun 06, 2017
On GIAS odd of Double chance I don't know where u get your own odd of 15 but and I think all your posts are not genuine
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by martineverest(m): 12:02pm On Jun 06, 2017
Keneking:

Hope you are not referring to time zone?
not at all....cameroonians are west africans by tribe and culture but geographically a central african nation
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by okoliexpress: 12:20pm On Jun 06, 2017
anyone pls explain the implications of this move
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by musicwriter(m): 12:21pm On Jun 06, 2017
The moment the Moroccan king began showing animosity because Israel was invited, the earlier ECOWAS member states should know Morocco would not be a blessing, but a problem to ECOWAS. Organizations like ECOWAS are better off with fewer member nations. There's a reason its called the economic community of west African states.

However, what African countries should do more is on the African union (AU) front. There's much more the African union can do to encourage intra-African trade and co-operation.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by bankable: 12:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
please help a nairalander qualify for a chance to perform at glo concert jez click d link and like his video https://www.instagram.com/p/BUucRSdBjsa/
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by ybalogs(m): 12:33pm On Jun 06, 2017
Keneking:
- Ivory Coast - Senegal - Cameroon - Ghana - Morocco - Mali - Nigeria
Buhari sef angry angry
NIGERIA IS 3RD IN AFRICA NOW.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Quality20(m): 12:33pm On Jun 06, 2017
chi4ik:
there's a mission behind this... I hope is not the process of Islamizing the whole of West Africa
. Yea u are so smart. It's meant to Islamise the whole of Africa, just as Buhari was accused before he won election of plotting to islamise the whole of Nigeria. Anyway some people are stupidly myopic in reasoning, thinking, talking and in all spheres of their lives
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by morningsta(m): 12:33pm On Jun 06, 2017
realone2012:
Some of you have this skewed victimization mindset.
So inviting a country would lead to Islamization? The other countries would fold their hands and let that happen?
Israel was invited for the meeting and you won't hear West African Muslims crying wolf.
Can't you see the bigger picture that it will further strengthen ECOWAS. Or which country in the current ECOWAS is a good as Morocco?

Hypocrites Islamophobes!!!

You really think Morocco is joining ECOWAS because they want to help ECOWAS? There are implications which must be studied carefully. every action is all about interest.
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 06, 2017
Since when did Morocco become a West African country? Those North Africans should form their own, they can call it the "ECONAS" smiley
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by arewaboy(m): 12:50pm On Jun 06, 2017
chi4ik:
there's a mission behind this... I hope is not the process of Islamizing the whole of West Africa

Muslims are already the majorityin West Africa, so no cause for alarm.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by EazyMoh(m): 12:55pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
Ok is that why our govt shun it cos of israeli pm. Cos apc, buhari, and north kicked against it when gej govt signed a mou on new diplomatic relationship with israel about 2014. Now the cabals have cornered act. Press not to attend. This is fishy. And as for the rising sun will still be an ecowas member and free entry and movement will be guaranteed. To any country,
So that you will have the chance to move drugs freely within the countries and beyond? Lie Lie!

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 06, 2017
Even if your dad was Ghanaian and your mom is Nigerian, you are still NOT an half-caste. The term half-caste applies to the child of two different human races.

CollinsWeGlobe:
my dad is biafran,my mom is nigerian
does this mean i'm an half cast??
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by baby124: 12:58pm On Jun 06, 2017
They better not try that. Besides Africa is a continent of multiple religions which promote religious tolerance. If Morroccos king wants to join ECOWAS yet cannot be religiously tolerant of the Israeli minister, then the application must be denied immediately. That is an affront already to ECOWAS and a sign of things to come. We don't want chaos in West Africa. Same with Tunisia and Mauritania. Let them go and form a North African bloc. African leaders need to have vision and stop selling Africa short. By the way are they not part of the Arab League?
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 06, 2017
adeadeyera:
The rationale behind the move still beats me.
I understand bi-lateral interests but ECOWAS is a sub-regional formation, for the life of me.
And the last time I checked, Morocco is up there in the north.
Besides, have they given up their Arab/Gulf identity?

Anyways, the only good news is West African hustlers can now travel there visa-free.

Goan get your ECOWAS passport if you don't already have.
Oya gbera, Morocco ti ya.

Morocco is playing a very smart game, that I could only widh Nigeria would copy. Their King was in Nigeria recently to cement trade ties with concrete action plans and clear time-lines, now they are joining a regional market - even though they are not in the region. What this means is that their goods can enter the west-african market with little hinderance +its a wider market for their local manufacturers. Morocco is being smart in positioning itself for trade and political benfits in both north and west Africa.
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Ogalanyachieze: 1:02pm On Jun 06, 2017
EazyMoh:

So that you will have the chance to move drugs freely within the countries and beyond? Lie Lie!
oya go and re write that law and lets see guy biafra belongs to west africa and that mou covers our movement. Deal with it. You cant stop
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Mightyraw(m): 1:02pm On Jun 06, 2017
suremanpatriot:
All this Mideast nations their ppl are prone to terrorism,why bring them to ecowas to cause chaos. We dont agree to this so send them back to their domain
Mideast,?
Morocco?
Wetin you drink?

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Mightyraw(m): 1:05pm On Jun 06, 2017
ivolt:
Please do not admit an Arab country into ECOWAS
because that would lead to free movement of terrorists.
We have enough local terrorists on our hands already.
last time I checked, Morocco is more peaceful than Nigeria
They should be scared of us, not the other way round

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by ivolt: 1:11pm On Jun 06, 2017
Mightyraw:
last time I checked, Morocco is more peaceful than Nigeria
They should be scared of us, not the other way round

Same way Saudi Arabia is more peaceful than its neighbours,
guess what ? a large percentage of terrorists fighting in Iraq and
Syria are actually from Saudi Arabia.

Some Arabic countries have learnt to maintain peace at home
by exporting the terrorists to fight abroad.
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by austinvsb1(m): 1:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
Jiang:
I have no idea whats going on nor do i give a shyt, lets ser how dis works out

One like for the picture grin grin

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by Mightyraw(m): 1:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
ivolt:

Same way Saudi Arabia is more peaceful than its neighbours,
guess what ? a large percentage of terrorists fighting in Iraq and
Syria are actually from Saudi Arabia.

Some Arabic countries have learnt to maintain peace at home
by exporting the terrorists to fight abroad.
Syria?
Terrorists? shocked
They are rebels fighting against the Syrian government,
Even Russians are fighting in Syria and they aiint Muslims country,
Are u saying the Arab government are the one sponsoring the terrorists?
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by TheMortician: 1:18pm On Jun 06, 2017
realone2012:
Some of you have this skewed victimization mindset.
So inviting a country would lead to Islamization? The other countries would fold their hands and let that happen?
Israel was invited for the meeting and you won't hear West African Muslims crying wolf.
Can't you see the bigger picture that it will further strengthen ECOWAS. Or which country in the current ECOWAS is a good as Morocco?

Hypocrites Islamophobes!!!
please shut up your mouth. What has the 15 West African countries comprising ECOWAS got to benefit from Morocco ?

Isn't it Morocco who has a chance to gain access to the Jude market of over 300 million people and thier resources?

Do you know Morocco has plans to collaborate in building a gas facility to ferry gas from Nigeria across Morocco with a broader view of targeting Europe?

What's there to gain in Morocco, a country that's not an African heavy weight even in economic terms?

And what's Israel Prime Minister got to do with anything? Is Israel joining ECOWAS? Is Israel a Christian country?

We know there's no means or intention to islamise the region but your using the Israeli's Prime Minister's address to the group is way off.

And your suggesting the block has all to gain from Morocco's inclusion is pure naivete.
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by GR8ST(m): 1:19pm On Jun 06, 2017
This is quite out of it

Ecowas is made up of 15 West African nations, none of which shares a border Morocco
Re: ECOWAS Admits Morocco Into Its' Membership by ivolt: 1:21pm On Jun 06, 2017
Mightyraw:

Syria?
Terrorists? shocked
They are rebels fighting against the Syrian government,
Even Russians are fighting in Syria and they aiint Muslims country,
Are u saying the Arab government are the one sponsoring the terrorists?

If you don't know this already, then you are not current with international affairs.
Russia will align with any force that serves its interest,
same way the US and the gulf countries will any group
that furthers their interest , it doesn't mean they support
all the actions of such group.

That is the bitter truth of international politics.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ukraine Bans Men From Getting Passports, Tells EU To Deport Its Men / Map Shows World's 'Most Racist' Countries (and The Answers May Surprise You) / North Korea Joins Hypersonic Arms Race ( Pics , Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.