Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,743 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo (39796 Views)

22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 / Saraki, Jonathan, Obasanjo, others smile together at National Council Meeting / Bianca Ojukwu And Her Children: Then & Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 06, 2017

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by ephi321(f): 11:30am On Jun 06, 2017
I can see someone is still smarting from being dragged the other time cheesy cheesy

Sit down there and wait for God to come down and build hospitals for you.
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Kestolove(m): 11:30am On Jun 06, 2017
a skallywag vs a warrior
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by nnokwa042(m): 11:31am On Jun 06, 2017
fulanmafia:

Ojukwu's unpreparedness for the war and audacious & unilateral declaration of another country within Nigeria, is what led to the wipeout of the over 3 million Ibos, not anything else.

If anyone has a forgiving (not forgiven) heart, it is Ibos who never lynched him for leading them to an avoidable war, running away in the heat of battle and shamelessly having the guts to contest for the Presidency of a united ONE Nigeria.

If Ojukwu could run from Gowon in female clothes while he was a young soldier, I can only imagine his alarm when he heard his nemesis was coming to check on him again.
so what should Benue people do with Fulani herds men? Should they kill any Fulani they meet on the road or forest,anyways Fulani people can kill like they want in the north or middle belt they tried it with Igbo's the way we reacted gave them impression that Igbo's are not Anu ana Eri Eri if u will understand

1 Like

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by menwongo(m): 11:31am On Jun 06, 2017
ephi321:

Everything God God God!

Whatever happened to building medical facilities and equipping them? Why is Buhari off to London to enjoy superior medical care if truly that is not a factor?

Imagine the deduction.
Is only a fool that believes in his heart that there is no God!

2 Likes

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by ephi321(f): 11:32am On Jun 06, 2017
menwongo:

Is only a fool that believes in his heart that there is no God!

I certainly believe in God. I also believe He created and gave us brains to be used. Countries developing space ships and going to the moon, making breakthroughs in different fields were not created with two heads, were they?

4 Likes

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by menwongo(m): 11:35am On Jun 06, 2017
ephi321:

I certainly believe in God. I also believe He created and gave us brains to be used. Countries developing space ships and going to the moon, making breakthroughs in different fields were not created with two heads, weren't they?
They were?
But God gives wisdom to whom he please

1 Like

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by dyydxx: 11:35am On Jun 06, 2017
kingzizzy:

This is the reasoning of a Nigerian. But if I asked you why[b] Igbos consider Ojukwu their greatest hero[/b], you wont be able to answer. Thats is to tell you that we are different people and one Nigeria does not exist

you have jumped here again grin

This is the reasoning of any logical human being. Igbos considered Ojukwu their greatest hero yet they voted against him when he contested the presidency under APGA. grin who's deceiving who

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by KahlDrogo(m): 11:36am On Jun 06, 2017
kingzizzy:
Ojukwu must have had a heart bigger than.the moon. To welcome a man who killed over 3 million of your breathren into your house is not something everyone can do.

Ojukwu must have had a very forgiven heart.
I wonder how some of you people reason. Ojukwu declared war on Nigeria. He provoked the war and fought the war. People die at a consequence of war and deaths were recorded on both sides. Of Ojukwu was ill prepared, why did he take the plunge?

You should rather be grateful to Nigeria for having such a large heart as to forgive such a treasonable act as committed by Ojukwu.

4 Likes

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by ephi321(f): 11:37am On Jun 06, 2017
menwongo:

They were?
But God gives wisdom to whom he please

Should have been were, thanks.

God has given us all brains, let us apply ourselves and stop being mentally lazy. That is why Africa is still so backward.

2 Likes

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by haqueurate(m): 11:38am On Jun 06, 2017
grin they wont learn o! if you like frame the picture
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by niceprof: 11:41am On Jun 06, 2017
What many may not know is that Ojukwu had a Masters degree from Oxford when he joined Nigeria Army and he was also the first Graduate to join,so he reasoning was way above his contemporaries and for those thinking that he was selfish,his father was the Dangote of that time,so he had much to lose,patrotism was the key and such brave men as he are rare.

6 Likes

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by haqueurate(m): 11:41am On Jun 06, 2017
the coward came to begg for forgiveness
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by sample042(m): 11:42am On Jun 06, 2017
Power drunk Ojukwu...
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by almarthins(m): 11:42am On Jun 06, 2017
kingzizzy:

This is the reasoning of a Nigerian. But if I asked you why Igbos consider Ojukwu their greatest hero, you wont be able to answer. Thats is to tell you that we are different people and one Nigeria does not exist

And how is d reasoning of biafrans? The way to go is nt another war or crisis. Agama-lizard wey fall from iroko tree wey no person wey tell am well done go praise himself say "I am great". Ojukwu may be have celebrated as a hero but did people ever asked why he had to return to d same Nigeria he fought and contested for election? D man never raised Biafran flag again. Igbo's should think deeply

6 Likes

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by technicallyrich(m): 11:43am On Jun 06, 2017
Please I don't know what these means.
I had a dream last night were ss and ss achieved their biafra and yorubas and hausas were still nigerians.the yorubas were used as slave and the northerners took drugs to fukkk our women mercilessly.in that dream the yorubas were seen begging the northerners to form their own country but they refuse,and we're threatened.then I a woman rose up to defend my yoruba since our men coudnt fight and they was another civill war between yoruba and the northerners and I was the leader in the battle front.i did juju and no bullet could touch me,and I was wearin pant without bra and my brest was flapping as I was shotin then I woke up.
Please what's the meaning of these dream

1 Like

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by gberra: 11:46am On Jun 06, 2017
ephi321:

Should have been were, thanks.

God has given us all brains, let us apply ourselves and stop being mentally lazy. That is why Africa is still so backward.
We know when some people think others are illiterates while they can never go wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Drabrah(m): 11:46am On Jun 06, 2017
Josh44s:

Both side lost during the Civil war bro. Not only Indigbo.

#SayNoToTribalism

#SayNoToNeptism

#SayNoToReligionBigotry

#SayNoToCorruption

#SayYesToOneNigeria

And watch Nigeria grow rapidly and compete with developing countries

Maybe an error, buh well-said cos we ain't up to developing countries yet. Hence we're ages behind developed countries so we can't even start competing wt dem yet.
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Coolgent(m): 11:51am On Jun 06, 2017
Yakubu Gowon the slayer of Jews/Ipobb
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Basic123: 11:52am On Jun 06, 2017
These two men were just two guys suffering form youthful exuberance that lead to loss of 3000 000 soul.Both of them would be regretting what they did.They would now realize that they were just being childish like several nairalanders now.

1 Like

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by LordCenturion(m): 11:52am On Jun 06, 2017
This is the reason why iPod should stop tagging this man as great man, igbo should see ojukwu as enemy of igbo, he should be called coward
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by iLiquidator: 11:53am On Jun 06, 2017
kingzizzy:
Ojukwu must have had a heart bigger than.the moon. To welcome a man who killed over 3 million of your breathren into your house is not something everyone can do.

Ojukwu must have had a very forgiven heart.
Indeed Ojukwu has a big heart. I wish many Nigerians have such a gift from GOD, we would have developed more than we are now.
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Splashme: 11:56am On Jun 06, 2017
ok
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 06, 2017
fulanmafia:

Men in their 30's, 40's and 50's are dying daily across the country from various ailments, while other men in their 70's & 80's are doing fine and enjoying their sunset in health.

What this implies is that good health is ultimately a gift from God in his infinite grace and mercies, so don't ridicule the medically challenged lest you tempt fate.

You go fear reasoning and deduction! shocked
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Spanset(m): 12:02pm On Jun 06, 2017
wow, No gain no lost
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Tmercy(m): 12:05pm On Jun 06, 2017
fulanmafia:

Ojukwu's unpreparedness for the war and audacious & unilateral declaration of another country within Nigeria, is what led to the wipeout of the over 3 million Ibos, not anything else.

If anyone has a forgiving (not forgiven) heart, it is Ibos who never lynched him for leading them to an avoidable war, running away in the heat of battle and shamelessly having the guts to contest for the Presidency of a united ONE Nigeria.

If Ojukwu could run from Gowon in female clothes while he was a young soldier, I can only imagine his alarm when he heard his nemesis was coming to check on him again.
your​ rivers of intelligence will never dry

1 Like

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by kernel505: 12:07pm On Jun 06, 2017
fulanmafia:

Close that hole that looks like mouth. If your brothers are killed in the North and send to you via train, you will smile, Coward. Ojukwu's father was the richest man in West Africa, so don't start.

1 Like

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by kingzizzy: 12:07pm On Jun 06, 2017
almarthins:

And how is d reasoning of biafrans? The way to go is nt another war or crisis. Agama-lizard wey fall from iroko tree wey no person wey tell am well done go praise himself say "I am great". Ojukwu may be have celebrated as a hero but did people ever asked why he had to return to d same Nigeria he fought and contested for election? D man never raised Biafran flag again. Igbo's should think deeply

When Ojukwu was fighting for Biafra, you Nigerians didnt like it.

When he returned and embraced 'one Nigeria', contested elections as a Nigerian, you guys are still complaining.

Ojukwu, was an old man. His own fighting for Biafra is over. However, we the younger generation are seeking our freedom just like he did.

1 Like

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by kernel505: 12:10pm On Jun 06, 2017
Funlord2:

So ojukwu did not murder any troops under the man's command? Or had no fault?

Anyway Which choice did ojukwu have? If a man that beat you up so badly that it can cause you to run for your life and not regard the long distance from anambra to abidjan decides to pay you a visit even at 12am you no go welcome am? grin

Was that why Awolowo committed suicide?

1 Like

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by kingzizzy: 12:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
dyydxx:

you have jumped here again grin

This is the reasoning of any logical human being. Igbos considered Ojukwu their greatest hero yet they voted against him when he contested the presidency under APGA. grin who's deceiving who

Igbos respect freedom fighters not politicians. Ojukwu the Biafran freedom fighter is who Igbos respect, not Ojukwu the APGA presidential candidate.

Another example is Nnamdi Kanu. Kanu the IPOB freedom fighter can call for a million man protest and the numbers will come out.

But if Kanu ever joins politics and calls for a million people to his campaign, nobody will show up.

2 Likes

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Kaetoh: 12:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
fulanmafia:

liars like you are quite pathetic . So as you Yorubas prefer selling out your people and even leaders such as mko and awolowo who later poisoned himself with the cheapest rat poison ever, you expect Igbos to behave same way, allowing the genocide in the north against the Igbos go on without any reaction or retaliation like afonjas is what would have made you praise Ojokwu. You afonjas can keep deceiving yourselves but in a very short while you will see the clear difference between Igbos and afonjas. We speak and aggitate for our future generations unlike afonjas who go to war because of oloyin beans. Time will tell better.
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by objobj: 12:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
Keneking:
No Victor, No Vanquished

Are you sure their isno Victor?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Kano Commissioner, Garo's Spoken English After 'Arrest' / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos) / Fact Check: Did Tinubu Share Ghana Must-Go Bags Containing Cash To Delegates?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.