Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo (39786 Views)

22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 / Saraki, Jonathan, Obasanjo, others smile together at National Council Meeting / Bianca Ojukwu And Her Children: Then & Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
ephi321:

Everything God God God!

Whatever happened to building medical facilities and equipping them? Why i s Buhari off to London to enjoy superior medical care if truly that is not a factor?

Imagine the deduction.
that is what have kept us in dark ages. God God God at everything instead of improving ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by mpowa(m): 12:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
kingzizzy:
Ojukwu must have had a heart bigger than.the moon. To welcome a man who killed over 3 million of your breathren into your house is not something everyone can do.

Ojukwu must have had a very forgiven heart.
All these playing victims as if the other party is Always at fault. It was a war, and if Ojukwu and his army had a change to wipe out 5 million Nigerians he won't have hesitated.

1 Like

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by gawu1: 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
fulanmafia:

Ojukwu's unpreparedness for the war and audacious & unilateral declaration of another country within Nigeria, is what led to the wipeout of the over 3 million Ibos, not anything else.

If anyone has a forgiving (not forgiven) heart, it is Ibos who never lynched him for leading them to an avoidable war, running away in the heat of battle and shamelessly having the guts to contest for the Presidency of a united ONE Nigeria.

If Ojukwu could run from Gowon in female clothes while he was a young soldier, I can only imagine his alarm when he heard his nemesis was coming to check on him again.
You have not only condemned the condemned, but also condemned the condemned statement.
The guy most be ashamed of himself by now.

1 Like

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by kingzizzy: 12:30pm On Jun 06, 2017
mpowa:

All these playing victims as if the other party is Always at fault. It was a war, and if Ojukwu and his army had a change to wipe out 5 million Nigerians he won't have hesitated.

Then question would then have been, would Gowon have recieved Ojukwu warmly into his own house?
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Mpanyi: 12:33pm On Jun 06, 2017
technicallyrich:
Please I don't know what these means.
I had a dream last night were ss and ss achieved their biafra and yorubas and hausas were still nigerians.the yorubas were used as slave and the northerners took drugs to fukkk our women mercilessly.in that dream the yorubas were seen begging the northerners to form their own country but they refuse,and we're threatened.then I a woman rose up to defend my yoruba since our men coudnt fight and they was another civill war between yoruba and the northerners and I was the leader in the battle front.i did juju and no bullet could touch me,and I was wearin pant without bra and my brest was flapping as I was shotin then I woke up.o
Please what's the meaning of these dream

KKikikikikiiii. Are youwellat all? I still dey ground dey laugh.
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by mpowa(m): 12:34pm On Jun 06, 2017
fulanmafia:

Ojukwu's unpreparedness for the war and audacious & unilateral declaration of another country within Nigeria, is what led to the wipeout of the over 3 million Ibos, not anything else.

If anyone has a forgiving (not forgiven) heart, it is Ibos who never lynched him for leading them to an avoidable war, running away in the heat of battle and shamelessly having the guts to contest for the Presidency of a united ONE Nigeria.

If Ojukwu could run from Gowon in female clothes while he was a young soldier, I can only imagine his alarm when he heard his nemesis was coming to check on him again.
Funny enough they don't only forgive him, they even made him their hero, but every other persons who played minute part in the disaster are their enemies forever, Now Nnamdi Kanu is rising, they wont tell him not to mislead them, until another bad events happen and it's other people's fault - Hipocracy of the highest order.

2 Likes

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Brugo(m): 12:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ojukwu who sacrificed his people to fight a war he could never win. He played on the thoughtless brashness of his clansmen and abandoned them towards the end. They are quick to draw blood and even quicker to play the victim.

That is how you become a hero in Biafra.
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by pezest: 12:38pm On Jun 06, 2017
What is the meaning of this? Why is it coming now?

Gowon killed Biafrans and they will never forget.

The much he can do now is yo apologize openly, which I also doubt with make any meaningful impact.
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by almarthins(m): 12:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
kingzizzy:

When Ojukwu was fighting for Biafra, you Nigerians didnt like it.

When he returned and embraced 'one Nigeria', contested elections as a Nigerian, you guys are still complaining.

Ojukwu, was an old man. His own fighting for Biafra is over. However, we the younger generation are seeking our freedom just like he did.

Sentiments is all I see in ur agitation for a nation whose sun will rise from d west and set in d east. Ojukwu learnt a powerful lesson which he didn't share because he knows his people are too egoistic and too proud to admit certain facts.

It snt we that didn't vote for him , it was Igbo's that didn't vote for him. If u doubt me I can take u aback

1 Like

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by gawu1: 12:42pm On Jun 06, 2017
chidiadivictor:
All these cartoonistic write-ups above is just because of the unprecedented fear that has crippled the arewa and its allies as a result of the soon coming Biafra. all hail Biafra.
Calm down, bloda! With Bia Fraud I hope you are ready to leave Port-Harcourt to your ugwu producing land?
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Kanoman82(m): 12:45pm On Jun 06, 2017
kingzizzy:
Ojukwu must have had a heart bigger than.the moon. To welcome a man who killed over 3 million of your breathren into your house is not something everyone can do.

. But i think ojukwu is responsible for that killing.
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by whoThemBe: 12:48pm On Jun 06, 2017
fulanmafia:

YOU REASON THROUGH YOUR ANUS, DID OJUKWU UNILATERALLY DECLARE BIAFRA? WHERE YOU NOT TOLD HE WAS FORCED BY THE ELDERS.OWING TO INCIDENCES THAT TOOK PLACE UP NORTH. EWU MEH LIKE YOU.

1 Like

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by whoThemBe: 12:49pm On Jun 06, 2017
Brugo:

Don't mind those defeated people. You know that defeat does a lot of damage to the psyche of the vanquished.

A man died in his old age yet they would attribute it to some harebrained conspiracy theory of suicide or karma as if old people don't die. Perhaps we should say it was karma that snuffed the life out of Achebe and Ojukwu.

Perhaps they just can't get over the fact that Ojukwu abandoned his feeble campaign and fled leaving it to a brave Efik man to surrender.

The Igbos were led into battle by a coward of no equal.
YOUR FAMILY IS THE MOST COWARD,YOU KNOW WHY? ASK YOUR FATHER.

1 Like

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by kingzizzy: 12:50pm On Jun 06, 2017
Kanoman82:
. But i think ojukwu is responsible for that killing.

How?
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Misterpaul(m): 12:52pm On Jun 06, 2017
Two old men.
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Brugo(m): 12:54pm On Jun 06, 2017
whoThemBe:
YOUR FAMILY IS THE MOST COWARD,YOU KNOW WHY? ASK YOUR FATHER.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Not surprised this is coming from the offspring of a defeated nation. Biafra, the nation that never was. . . Sunset at dawn.

My friend take your bitterness to Ojukwu and ask him why he led your forebears to their unavoidable disgrace and defeat.

He who builds a house must first count the cost. Ojukwu threw caution to the wind when he went to war armed with sentiments, sticks and stones.

Do us a favour and learn from history.
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by gawu1: 12:58pm On Jun 06, 2017
technicallyrich:
Please I don't know what these means.
I had a dream last night were ss and ss achieved their biafra and yorubas and hausas were still nigerians.the yorubas were used as slave and the northerners took drugs to fukkk our women mercilessly.in that dream the yorubas were seen begging the northerners to form their own country but they refuse,and we're threatened.then I a woman rose up to defend my yoruba since our men coudnt fight and they was another civill war between yoruba and the northerners and I was the leader in the battle front.i did juju and no bullet could touch me,and I was wearin pant without bra and my brest was flapping as I was shotin then I woke up.
Please what's the meaning of these dream
Take to your forefathers' graves, and put before them your dream. They will respond to you in the next dream. Fool!

1 Like

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Funlord2(m): 12:59pm On Jun 06, 2017
Fulmigati:

Bwahahahaha The Irony of you calling someone ignorant then using Wikipedia as your source of reference. There is a reason why college professors tell their students not to use wiki as their reference when writing a paper.
You are a complete buffoon.

By the way even Harvard allows wikipedia to be cited as a source but not for academic purposes you half wit! We were discussing history and not writing a term paper innugo? grin

Being extremely foolish is a trade mark of ipob miscreants so I am not surprised at your outburst! Maybe the new York times from the day of his death should not be cited too!

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/05/11/obituaries/chief-obafemi-awolowo-dies-a-nigeria-nationalist-leader.html

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Obafemi-Awolowo

These semi baked jews sef na wa!

1 Like

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by AlwaysUltraPad: 1:01pm On Jun 06, 2017
kingzizzy:

200, 000 people no even die for that war. Syria of close to 6 years, how many people die? And this one is happening in the whole country.
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Az1000: 1:04pm On Jun 06, 2017
pezest:
What is the meaning of this? Why is it coming now?

Gowon killed Biafrans and they will never forget.

The much he can do now is yo apologize openly, which I also doubt with make any meaningful impact.
Do you know how many Nigerian the Biafra people kill too. It's a war so stop saying one kill another while they both hold their gun

1 Like

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Fulmigati: 1:13pm On Jun 06, 2017
Funlord2:

By the way even Harvard allows wikipedia to be cited as a source but not for academic purposes you half wit! We were discussing history and not writing a term paper innugo? grin

Being extremely foolish is a trade mark of ipob miscreants so I am not surprised at your outburst! Maybe the new York times from the day of his death should not be cited too!

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/05/11/obituaries/chief-obafemi-awolowo-dies-a-nigeria-nationalist-leader.html

These semi baked jews sef na wa!
Each post from you does nothing but confirm that you are indeed a dunce cap wearing window licker. No decent University much more Harvard would accept wiki because it is unreliable and open to editing by the general public. In other words, a single digit IQ organism like you can fill it with figments of your ewedu inspired imagination. Even wiki link says it was last edited 5 days ago by an unverified source.
The nyt also didn't address the circumstances surrounding his death, so that did nothing. Thanks for playing.

1 Like

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Funlord2(m): 1:20pm On Jun 06, 2017
Fulmigati:

Each post from you does nothing but confirm that you are indeed a dunce cap wearing window licker. No decent University much more Harvard would accept wiki because it is unreliable and open to editing by the general public. In other words, a single digit IQ organism like you can fill it with figments of your ewedu inspired imagination. Even wiki link says it was last edited 5 days ago by an unverified source.
The nyt also didn't address the circumstances surrounding his death, so that did nothing. Thanks for playing.

Read my friends lips!

It describes you perfectly! grin grin grin

Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 06, 2017
ALL HAIL THE WORLDS GREATEST COWARD!!!!!!
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by kingthreatz: 1:26pm On Jun 06, 2017
One Nigeria. IF the commanders united later on for peace, why not the youths?
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Ogheneruona: 1:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
Bodmas97:
See my account balance is working for all mtn sim
scammer
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 06, 2017
Papiikush:

Nice one smiley

Ogbeni shut the fück up and learn. Everything is God!

I have seen strong medical scientists die of a minor sickness. Back in the days of our forefathers they live longer just because of the natural foods they eat.

The same medical care will approve can products which later gives cancer and other diseases humans die of these days.

That's why i live close to the farm woh, not because am afraid of death 9r because natural foods are cheaper. its just nice to patronise my fellow farmers. A mean just imagine a fellow aboki# will give you small faro bottle filled to d brim with fresh milk for just #80 while peak will say #150 for dat chemical saturated tin can. so i also sell chicken for them very cheaply 1k max for 2-2.5kg, naso we no dey feel recession
Re: Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 06, 2017
This Biafra thing just d pain me,Media just d hype those idiots,and how is Gowon responsible for 3m life lost,Ojukwu started the war,now Nnamdi don start,una no go warn a,I want u igbos to have ur Biafra,u d 1s killing our economy,get ur Biafran and destroy urselves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari With Dangote In Washington As He Prepares To Meet Trump / Charly Boy: "Any Politician Or Pastor That Owns A Private Jet Is A Bastard" / FG Decries Underpayment Of Nigerian Doctors Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.