Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,870 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone (11061 Views)

5 Things To Consider When Buying A New Smartphone. / Why Is Glo 4g A Dire Need When Considering Buying A Phone / 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by Coolhubs: 8:41am On Jun 06, 2017
Some of us might have come across companies, which sells phones that are maid by fake phones manufacturers. And this phones which we buy will look exactly 99.8% as the original, and unknowingly to some people they will think it's the real product of the phones they want to buy, so the buyer gets tricked because of the cost price of the phone is lower than the original product.

I have also met some of my friends who have fall victim to buying fake phones for cheaper amounts and they rejoice not knowing that they have bought the fake version of the phone and later-on, they will begin to discover all the features that are not available but are fully available in the real/original product.

These fake products usually have nice and beautiful casings to convince the buyer to buy them, and after buying it, the buyer will start encountering problems like: low memory space, poor camera pixel(phone camera might not be good enough), low RAM(random access memory) and more issues to be generated while using the phone.
So for those who wants to get phones but afraid of getting the wrong one, my dear breath in, this post is for you.

How To Identify Original Phones When Buying

Dial *#06# for all types of phone

A number will display on your phone screen
All Nokia, symbian and other phones in line with each other, will display serial number.

While other phones like: China phones, Android, i-phone etc.will display IMEI(International Mobile Equipment Identities).

> NOTE: The things that displays involves:

1) The number must begin with 35, except i-phones which must start with 01.
2) Make sure the numbers are up to 15 digits.
3) Finally, make sure that the numbers that are displayed is the same with the one at the back of your phone battery side.

> Additional option for Android phones

Dial *#*#4636#*#*
Things displayed involves: (Phone Information, Battery Information, User Statistics, Wifi Statistics)

> RAM

Check out the RAM(Randow Access Memory), make sure it's up to 1gb and above if not, you will start discovering problems like:
- Phone seizing
- Inability to run some apps and others.

Location- Settings> App> Running apps> You view it there

> BATTERY VOLTAGE

Also make sure you take a close look at the battery voltage before buying, although this one in particular is not that important cause, it might be written but it's not really capable. So if
you have good/strong battery, it's good choice but, note that you can always get an original one else where.

Location- At the Back of the Battery Or On the Phone Pack Or You can also use this number( *#*#4636#*#*)

> CAMERA

Camera also is not that important for some but, you should also check the camera practically and not only reading its details. As i said before anything can be written but the system is not really capable.

Camera Location- Phone Home Screen Or At the Phone Menu.

> BLUETOOTH

This one, as we all know is used for transferring files, songs, images, videos and others. Although, android and other top smart phone users are now used to using app like: Flash-share, Xender, Hotspot and other sharing apps around, no one has time for bluetooth but you will need it cause, not all phones can relate with other using the above listed app, phones like; Windows to Android, blackberry to Android and more. So, make sure you check it out before buying a phone cause, bluetooth will be useful in such cases.

Bluetooth Location- At phone drop-down menu Or Goto> Settings>Bluetooth

> STORAGE

Phone inbute storage is another issue you should make sure you check it very closely before buying a phone, you should always look up to buying a phone with 4GB to 32GB inbut storage so that you won't be have Low Storage Space(LSS) problem.

Storage Location- Goto> Settings> Storage Or File-manager

> SPEAKER

speaker is not really important cause you can make use your head-set for Calls and Musics, but in some cases whereby head-sets are not available, it can before helpful. So make sure it's intact.

Test- Goto> Setting> Notifications/Rind-tones> then Play a ringing tone Or Make An Imagency Call.

With these guides, you can now boldly go to any company of your choice and buy any phone you like.

ENJOY!!!

I will so much appreciate if you leave a comment on this post and also if you have any additional information, you can as well share. Thanks and God bless.

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by mervinmails: 7:20am On Jun 08, 2017
Nice one.

My 1st time.

3 Likes

Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by kittykollinxx(m): 7:21am On Jun 08, 2017
this topic has been discussed times without number here. why this topic again?

1 Like

Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by mervinmails: 7:21am On Jun 08, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by john1035: 7:21am On Jun 08, 2017
Who brought this crap to front page

Who says an imei must start from 35 to show it's original
A manufacturer can start use any imei he wishes too. People using MTK phones can even change theirs with ease

Battery voltage, you didn't tell us what we are looking for.

For phone storage, the manufacturer can tweak it to show whatever number he desires, but the real capacity will be very low

For Bluetooth, what you typed there just weak me.
Blackberry and Windows can't transfer to android I die

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by smartty68(m): 7:22am On Jun 08, 2017
Nice. But Bluetooth is mostly used for pairing gadgets/midgets, transferring data over Bluetooth is always quite slow for that reason was the introduction of data transfer over WiFi.

As for the check battery volts that you know too well that majority of Nigerians don't understand it neither do they have the time to check. They questions most of us tend to ask is "What's the battery capacity?"

Lol
Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by calibet(m): 7:24am On Jun 08, 2017
tongue
Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by 3DCYCLOPS: 7:24am On Jun 08, 2017
nice info

That was how I went to purchase iphone at Banex 2weeks ago, and the guy gave me one cute sweet settled down refurbished phone

I just checked the imei no at the back and on the phone settings and pointed it out to him

Hehehe from there I became the one giving terms for negotiation grin

Got the phone at the exact price I had in mind cheesy
Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by NwaObinkita: 7:27am On Jun 08, 2017
angry

Mumu post.

So before I buy a phone, I'd read all.of these
Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by smartty68(m): 7:27am On Jun 08, 2017
mervinmails:
Nice one.

My 1st time.
Enjoy while it last tongue
Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by Infoay: 7:28am On Jun 08, 2017
Good post
Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by michaelfriday44(m): 7:30am On Jun 08, 2017
Coolhubs:

Some of us might have come across companies, which sells phones that are maid by fake phones manufacturers. And this phones which we buy will look exactly 99.8% as the original, and unknowingly to some people they will think it's the real product of the phones they want to buy, so the buyer gets tricked because of the cost price of the phone is lower than the original product.

I have also met some of my friends who have fall victim to buying fake phones for cheaper amounts and they rejoice not knowing that they have bought the fake version of the phone and later-on, they will begin to discover all the features that are not available but are fully available in the real/original product.

These fake products usually have nice and beautiful casings to convince the buyer to buy them, and after buying it, the buyer will start encountering problems like: low memory space, poor camera pixel(phone camera might not be good enough), low RAM(random access memory) and more issues to be generated while using the phone.
So for those who wants to get phones but afraid of getting the wrong one, my dear breath in, this post is for you.

How To Identify Original Phones When Buying

Dial *#06# for all types of phone

A number will display on your phone screen
All Nokia, symbian and other phones in line with each other, will display serial number.

While other phones like: China phones, Android, i-phone etc.will display IMEI(International Mobile Equipment Identities).

> NOTE: The things that displays involves:

1) The number must begin with 35, except i-phones which must start with 01.
2) Make sure the numbers are up to 15 digits.
3) Finally, make sure that the numbers that are displayed is the same with the one at the back of your phone battery side.

> Additional option for Android phones

Dial *#*#4636#*#*
Things displayed involves: (Phone Information, Battery Information, User Statistics, Wifi Statistics)

> RAM

Check out the RAM(Randow Access Memory), make sure it's up to 1gb and above if not, you will start discovering problems like:
- Phone seizing
- Inability to run some apps and others.

Location- Settings> App> Running apps> You view it there

> BATTERY VOLTAGE

Also make sure you take a close look at the battery voltage before buying, although this one in particular is not that important cause, it might be written but it's not really capable. So if
you have good/strong battery, it's good choice but, note that you can always get an original one else where.

Location- At the Back of the Battery Or On the Phone Pack Or You can also use this number( *#*#4636#*#*)

> CAMERA

Camera also is not that important for some but, you should also check the camera practically and not only reading its details. As i said before anything can be written but the system is not really capable.

Camera Location- Phone Home Screen Or At the Phone Menu.

> BLUETOOTH

This one, as we all know is used for transferring files, songs, images, videos and others. Although, android and other top smart phone users are now used to using app like: Flash-share, Xender, Hotspot and other sharing apps around, no one has time for bluetooth but you will need it cause, not all phones can relate with other using the above listed app, phones like; Windows to Android, blackberry to Android and more. So, make sure you check it out before buying a phone cause, bluetooth will be useful in such cases.

Bluetooth Location- At phone drop-down menu Or Goto> Settings>Bluetooth

> STORAGE

Phone inbute storage is another issue you should make sure you check it very closely before buying a phone, you should always look up to buying a phone with 4GB to 32GB inbut storage so that you won't be have Low Storage Space(LSS) problem.

Storage Location- Goto> Settings> Storage Or File-manager

> SPEAKER

speaker is not really important cause you can make use your head-set for Calls and Musics, but in some cases whereby head-sets are not available, it can before helpful. So make sure it's intact.

Test- Goto> Setting> Notifications/Rind-tones> then Play a ringing tone Or Make An Imagency Call.

With these guides, you can now boldly go to any company of your choice and buy any phone you like.

ENJOY!!!

I will so much appreciate if you leave a comment on this post and also if you have any additional information, you can as well share. Thanks and God bless.

Nice one

1 Like

Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by mmafhew(m): 7:33am On Jun 08, 2017
Cool. Exactly.. If dah lady dah got an exploded infinix did all this it would ve helped her

1 Like

Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by DjAndroid: 7:33am On Jun 08, 2017
This is a guide to buying a Tokumbo phone.
Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by zinaunreal(m): 7:34am On Jun 08, 2017
Even battery is not that important? Lol
Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by nenergy(m): 7:36am On Jun 08, 2017
Archos 50c Platinum + Sony headset for only N21,700.
Lagos only.
Service centre in Ikeja, Lagos
See full spec: https://www.archos.com/us/products/smartphones/platinum/archos_50cplatinum/index.html

Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by ExInferis(m): 7:37am On Jun 08, 2017
This is absolutely pointless and badly written.

Anyone with money to spend knows exactly what they want to buy. All specs are listed in the box right off the bat.

Virtually anyone buying a phone base their choice on their budget, and usually have done their homework.

I'm also yet to see an Android phone without BT.

Anything for FP, eh?
Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 08, 2017
michaelfriday44:

Nice one
u sef u dey craze must u copy all d tin we im post, we tl u say we no read wetin im post or wot
Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 08, 2017
plz cn somebody tl me hw to book space on nairaland
Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by IntrovertGuy: 7:43am On Jun 08, 2017
Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by consultancy: 7:51am On Jun 08, 2017
3DCYCLOPS:
nice info

That was how I went to purchase iphone at Banex 2weeks ago, and the guy gave me one cute sweet settled down refurbished phone

I just checked the imei no at the back and on the phone settings and pointed it out to him

Hehehe from there I became the one giving terms for negotiation grin

Got the phone at the exact price I had in mind cheesy
how exactly did you see the IMEI at the back of an iphone to compare with the one in the settings page? you unscrewed it?
Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by Techpaded(f): 7:54am On Jun 08, 2017
helpful!

I'm here with 16 amazing Android Smartphones you can buy below 20000 naira in Nigeria.

These lovely phones come with great specs and features like 2gb/3gb RAM, good camera, 3000mAh monster battery, running on Android 5.0 / 6.0 marshmallow and I also included where you can buy them (Jumia, Konga, etc). This certainly is good value for your money. Let's see them!

http://www.techpaded.com.ng/2017/04/16-android-smartphones-below-20000-naira.html
Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by Realboygenius(m): 7:56am On Jun 08, 2017
Nice write up
Not everyone​ are tech savvy
So this guide should do it for an average phone buyer.
Re: Top Guide You Need When Buying A Phone by agitator: 8:11am On Jun 08, 2017
didn't learn meaningful thing from this lengthy write-up undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Error Reload Software:552 On Blackberry Curve 8520. Pls Help! / Glo Launch Free Facebook Browsing Exclusive On All Device. / Between Royal And Hisense TV.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.