Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti (7264 Views)

Corruption: BUHARI gives EFCC Go Ahead to Probe JONATHAN / Ekiti Lawmakers 'offered' $1m To Remove Fayose / Appeal Court Gives CCT Go Ahead To Try Saraki For Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by thameamead(f): 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2010
emcaluv:

I comend Fashola for this gesture. Other Governors should borrow a leaf from him.

Well, the money in question is much compared to what USA donated. What those Haitians need are food, shelter(Make Shift Tents), water and Cloths. If you are following the news, you will find out that the major problem is not money or food but how to get them there. Ships cannot dock because of washed away ports. Planes finds it difficult to drop some airlifted foods. That is the scenario there not money. No nation will give money for the re-building of destroyed houses affected by the Earthquake.

Do you know how many people that was displaced by Religious riots in Nigeria(northern Part)? Do you know how many businesses that was grounded as a result of Religious Riots? Do you know how many pple that was killed or maimed during such mayhem?

Recently, we heard of displaced ppl in Jos due to religious riot. How much did Lagos State government donate to alleviate the sufferings of the displaced?

let us leave all these politics and foreign diplomacy. What Fashola did is commendable but the money is too much considering our economy.

Every coin has two sides. please look at it critically. American government spent over 200 billion dollars to prosecute the war in Iraq and all they could give was 100 million dollars.

It is a pity that such thing should happen to Haiti.

the major problem in Haiti is the American's, they care more about military than humanitarian, they have refused to let planes carrying food and medicines land @ the airport, as for the UN, they r absolutely useles, they should be called the united nonentities because they can't cordinate anything, i'll do a better job if they can give me the chance,
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by thameamead(f): 2:21pm On Jan 20, 2010
ayettymama:

PEOPLE PEOPLE IGNORANCE IS A DISEASE!!!!

THE UK GOVT WILL NEVER DIP FINGERS INTO PUBLIC FUNDS LIKE THAT NO MATTER THE CAUSE

THEY MEAN THE UK PUBLIC DONATED THE MONEY THROUGH CHARITIES

IT DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT, SO PEOPLE NEED TO GET THIER FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE THEY JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS

FASHOLA HAD GOOD INTENTIONS BUT HE HAS NO RIGHT

DONATING TAXPAYERS MONEY

ayettymama link=topic=384451.msg5353064#msg5353064 date=1263985701:

PEOPLE PEOPLE IGNORANCE IS A DISEASE!!!!

THE UK GOVT WILL NEVER DIP FINGERS INTO PUBLIC FUNDS LIKE THAT NO MATTER THE CAUSE

THEY MEAN THE UK PUBLIC DONATED THE MONEY THROUGH CHARITIES

IT DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT, SO PEOPLE NEED TO GET THIER FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE THEY JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS

FASHOLA HAD GOOD INTENTIONS BUT HE HAS NO RIGHT

DONATING TAXPAYERS MONEY

THE UK WILL NEVER TRY THAT, THATS EXACTLY WHAT NGO'S ARE FOR!!!!

LOOK AT THE BLIND MAN TRYNA HELP THE CRIPPLED CROSS THE ROAD!!

where d heck did u think d £23M donated from the uk came from? it was from the international development agency and the money is from uk tax payers so get ur facts right sweetie, the disaster emergency fund is diiffrent from the £23M d uk donated,

THE UK WILL NEVER TRY THAT, THATS EXACTLY WHAT NGO'S ARE FOR!!!!

LOOK AT THE BLIND MAN TRYNA HELP THE CRIPPLED CROSS THE ROAD!!
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by honeric01(m): 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2010
The money has been donated, if you don't like it, you can go to Alausa to complain. by the way, if you are so concerned about what the money would have done for the people of Lagos state then you should be so concerned about all the monies that got stolen (that hasn't helped anyone) at least, the money will help some of these people who desperately need the money.
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by Dammyray(m): 2:33pm On Jan 20, 2010
Bravo
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On Jan 20, 2010
honeric01:

The money has been donated, if you don't like it, you can go to Alausa to complain. by the way, if you are so concerned about what the money would have done for the people of Lagos state then you should be so concerned about all the monies that got stolen (that hasn't helped anyone) at least, the money will help some of these people who desperately need the money.

So, people have NOT BEEN COMPLAINING about that problem up to this date?
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by honeric01(m): 2:59pm On Jan 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

So, people have NOT BEEN COMPLAINING about that problem up to this date?

And what had it done?

what i am saying here is that 150,000 million naira is not too to much for a state as big as Ghana to donate. this money is to save lives that need it now.

If Fashola and Lagos has not done anything for Lagos, it would have been a different ball game, but he's working and since Nigeria is yet to do anything (financially) $1m is not too much to donate.

If u say $1m is too much, then what about the millions of $$$ that was donated to Obama by the so called okerekes? $1m is for a good course and as long as it's for humanity, it's okay.
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by spikedcylinder: 3:13pm On Jan 20, 2010
Gbawe:

How do you know that the money is too much? Are you the Treasurer of Lagos State? Do you know how much Lagos State has in its emergency reserve? If you don't , I would suggest you let Fashola get on with spending what his State can afford in helping victims of a terrible humanitarian disaster. I don't see how it is sensible to preempt the administrator of a State over financial spending for an emergency when we don't know precisely how much the State has set aside for contingencies. What is important for us to be aware of is that lagos State  may have $1 million available to spend on an emergency , brought on by an unforseen natural disaster anywhere in the world, but the same amount cannot be doled out to house the destitutes on Lagos Streets.

Those of you citing poverty in Lagos as a reason Fashola should not have donated $1 million are therefore speaking without understanding that distinction i.e money that is made available to spend during an emergency , such as a disaster that leaves many dead on the Streets,  is very different to money allocated to tackling the problems of a State/Nation !!!!!

Are some of you even aware of how much the Federal and State Government spend on dealing with 'emergencies' within Nigeria such as religious riots? How much has Nigeria spent already on the 'emergency' of Mr President's medical treatment in SA?

How do I know the money is too much? Common sense perhaps? I don't need to be the Auditor General of the Federation to realise the value of money and how much the state should give away BECAUSE I am a tax payer in Lagos state.

You talk about Lagos State emergency reserve. Is that not money reserved for emergencies IN LAGOS? Fashola cannot afford to give away $1m of tax payers money when majority of Lagosians still live in squalor. Half of that money can be used in providing employment for a lot of people that have been very recently  displaced from their jobs and businesses , build more health centres and other basic infrastructure.

I'm all for team Fashola but if we are to truly appreciate him as a Governor, we need to be able to point out his good and bad sides and not give him accolades for everything single thing he does like he's the damn Messiah.
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by ziga: 3:56pm On Jan 20, 2010
spikedcylinder:

How do I know the money is too much? Common sense perhaps? I don't need to be the Auditor General of the Federation to realise the value of money and how much the state should give away BECAUSE I am a tax payer in Lagos state.

You talk about Lagos State emergency reserve. Is that not money reserved for emergencies IN LAGOS? Fashola cannot afford to give away $1m of tax payers money when majority of Lagosians still live in squalor. Half of that money can be used in providing employment for a lot of people that have been very recently  displaced from their jobs and businesses , build more health centres and other basic infrastructure.

I'm all for team Fashola but if we are to truly appreciate him as a Governor, we need to be able to point out his good and bad sides and not give him accolades for everything single thing he does like he's the damn Messiah.

Before we continue arguing over non-issues like this, i think you guys should go read the article again.

IT IS NOT TAX PAYERS MONEY!

It is an appeal fund which will be kept by skype bank until $1 million.

members of the SEC are contributing 150k naira each towards the appeal fund!!!
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by aloyemeka7: 4:02pm On Jan 20, 2010
transformR:

[size=15pt]What? [/size] The British public has so far donated £25m (about $45 Million ) via the appeal launched by the Disasters Emergency Committee

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8468933.stm

[size=14pt]Damned if they do and Damned if they don't[/size]

When no one from Nigeria helped loads of Negative People came on this forum satying "Africans never help each other" when African leaders help they say "Thats too much what about us?"  tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Yes but England as a nation donated £2M. The so called £25M is accrued fund from the public and its an estimated amount.
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by spikedcylinder: 4:15pm On Jan 20, 2010
ziga:

Before we continue arguing over non-issues like this, i think you guys should go read the article again.

Oh ok, point taken. Then why are they saying it is Lagos State donating the money though?
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by ziga: 4:17pm On Jan 20, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Oh ok, point taken. Then why are they saying it is Lagos State donating the money though?

Naija style journalists!!!
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2010
ziga:

ROFLMAO!!!! I knew it!!!! I knew it!!! I sensed this was yet another LAGOS-DID IT BUT IT WAS NOT LAGOS story!!! ROFLMAO!!!!

I read the article over and over to figure out why it did not specifically state that Lagos donated the money. I knew there was yet something suspicious about that whole report but decided to wait for it.

Wait second, uumm. . . .  any other report corroborating your own claim here? Before I fall for another one?

spikedcylinder:

The article does not say Lagos gave, or Lagos donated, but that Lagos launched an appeal fund. I saw that and had to read and re-read.

@Poster, is it just me or does it seem these reports always have Lagos DOING what it is not DOING ?? I mean it is like Lagos is always INVOLVED in what Lagos is NOT ACTUALLY INVOLVED in?? ROFLMAO!! It is like you have to wait for the twist for each and every story. From CCTV, to the Floating Hotel deal, the Solar Power project to this, is Lagos actually ever involved in anything?
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by kushe: 4:24pm On Jan 20, 2010
God save us from poverty,see as the future of Nigeria on nairaland dey exhibit unrestrained POVERTY.

YOU CAN NEVER BE BETTER THAN THE WAY YOU THINK AND NOW I REALIZE SOME OF YOU WHEN YOU BECOME GOVERNORS AND SENATORS WILL NOT HAVE AN OUNCE OF COMPASSION IN YOUR FLESH,RATHER WATCHING HUMANS LIKE YOU SUFFER IN ANGUISH ONCE THEIR LIVES DONT DIRECTLY AFFECT U.

STINGY FOLKS ARE USUALLY TIRED,FRUSTRATED AND DEPRESSED NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY AMASS.

GIVEEEEEEEEEEEE AND BE SET FREE YOU STINGY EXCUSES FOR LIVING BEINGS.
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Jan 20, 2010
kushe:

God save us from poverty,see as the future of Nigeria on nairaland dey exhibit unrestrained POVERTY.

YOU CAN NEVER BE BETTER THAN THE WAY YOU THINK AND NOW I REALIZE SOME OF YOU WHEN YOU BECOME GOVERNORS AND SENATORS WILL NOT HAVE AN OUNCE OF COMPASSION IN YOUR FLESH,RATHER WATCHING HUMANS LIKE YOU SUFFER IN ANGUISH ONCE THEIR LIVES DONT DIRECTLY AFFECT U.

STINGY FOLKS ARE USUALLY TIRED,FRUSTRATED AND DEPRESSED NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY AMASS.

GIVEEEEEEEEEEEE AND BE SET FREE YOU STINGY EXCUSES FOR LIVING BEINGS.

Oh please save your us the rambling, abeg!!!! There is COMMON SENSE giving and ridiculous giving!!! Look at the situation with churches in Nigeria today where poeple give all they have, even borrow to give without using their mental faculty. That is what is the problem. Even as you give, you give SENSIBLY not STUPIDLY.
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by babapupa: 4:41pm On Jan 20, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I'm all for team Fashola but if we are to truly appreciate him as a Governor, [color=#990000]we need to be able to point out his good and bad sides and not give him accolades for everything single thing he does like he's the damn Messiah
.[/color]

There's no need to keep going back and forth with meaningless semantics.

Obviously, we have different value system and sense of social responsibility, just because helping and showing compassion is a bad thing where you're from doesn't mean helping folks in need is not a good and commendable act. Just speak for yourself.  

Till I see Lagosians rebelling, the government of Lagos state did the right thing and Lagosians are OK with it, end of story.  

This is not about your greed and what the money should have been used for, it's about helping and compassion, something Lagosians knows a whole lot about, it's part of their make up and character. Lagos is the only best governed and prosperous state in Nigeria for a reason.

What's next, Lagos is bankrupt because they gave 1 million dollars to Haiti?

See, they have a lot of endearing proud sayings in Lagos and this wonderful gesture rings true and contextualize the sayings.

“B’oju o ba ti Ehin’gbeti, oju o ni ti ilu Eko”. (If “Ehingbeti is not in shame, Lagos will never be ashamed)

We are proud people and we do great things. Understandably, gestures like these is new and foreign to a lot of people, but not to Lagosians.

Well, let me rejoice Lagosly,

Eko akete  
Ile ogbon
Eko aromi sa legbe legbe
Eko aro sese maja
Eni ti o ba re ilu eko
Ko ya bu omi suru mu
Ni to ri pe
Kuramo a no ni
Agoin a no ni
Ero ilu eko
Mo yo fen e Mo yo fun ra mi,
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by kushe: 4:41pm On Jan 20, 2010
@KOBOJUNKIE

I SEE YOU  wink  wink  wink
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by sjeezy8: 4:52pm On Jan 20, 2010
babapupa:

Obviously, we have different value system and sense of social responsibility, just because helping and showing compassion is a bad thing where you're from doesn't mean helping folks in need is not a good and commendable act. Just speak for yourself. 

Till I see Lagosians rebelling, the government of Lagos state did the right thing and Lagosians are OK with it, end of story. 

This is not about your greed and what the money should have been used for, it's about helping and compassion, something Lagosians knows a whole lot about, it's part of their make up and character. Lagos is the only best governed and prosperous state in Nigeria for a reason.

See, they have a lot of endearing proud sayings in Lagos and this wonderful gesture rings true and contextualize the sayings.

“B’oju o ba ti Ehin’gbeti, oju o ni ti ilu Eko”. (If “Ehingbeti is not in shame, Lagos will never be ashamed)

We are proud people and we do great things. Understandably, gestures like these is new and foreign to a lot of people, but not to Lagosians.

Eko akete 
Ile ogbon
Eko aromi sa legbe legbe
Eko aro sese maja
Eni ti o ba re ilu eko
Ko ya bu omi suru mu
Ni to ri pe
Kuramo a no ni
Agoin a no ni
Ero ilu eko

haha lmfao

spikedcylinder is related to kobojunkie- they never make sense
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by paddylo1(m): 4:57pm On Jan 20, 2010
ROFLMAO!!!! I knew it!!!! I knew it!!! I sensed this was yet another LAGOS-DID IT BUT IT WAS NOT LAGOS story!!! ROFLMAO!!!!

I read the article over and over to figure out why it did not specifically state that Lagos donated the money. I knew there was yet something suspicious about that whole report but decided to wait for it.

Wait second, uumm. . . . any other report corroborating your own claim here? Before I fall for another one?

The Lagos State House of Assembly on Tuesday said it was in support of Governor Babatunde Fashola’s resolution to donate $1m to victims of the Haitian earthquake.

[size=16pt]Fashola in a letter to the Assembly, dated January 18, 2010, had explained that the State Executive Council in its meeting on Monday discussed the recent devastation occasioned by the catastrophic natural disaster in the Republic of Haiti.

The letter was titled, “The Haiti Humanitarian Crisis” and read on the floor of the House by the Clerk of the Assembly, Mr. Taiwo Olatunji

Fashola said in the letter, “We are witnesses to the hardship being experienced and the untold toll on innocent human lives. We have as a government decided that a hand of compassion at this time from the people and government of Lagos State is not only appropriate, but a gesture of recognition of our common heritage and ancestry to a people much in need at this time.

“Accordingly, we resolved to make a donation of $1,000,000 (One Million United States Dollars) on behalf to the government and people of Lagos State as a contribution to this humanitarian crisis of grave proportions.
[/size]

“I respectfully invite distinguished members of the House of Assembly to consider tabling a resolution recognising this humanitarian crisis and the desirability of providing necessary assistance to the people of Haiti.”

However, in their contribution, the lawmakers said the gesture should have been a responsibility of the Federal Government.

According to Mr. Ipoola Omisore, “this should have been a responsibility of the Federal Government, but now the Lagos State Government has taken the lead and I think it is worthy of commendation.”

Deputy Chief Whip of the House, Lola Akande while urging well meaning Nigerians to support the Haiti’s victims, suggested that the gesture should not be left to the government alone. She added that individuals should also join in contributing through donation of cash and material things.

The House however, in its resolution commended Fashola and the Executive Council for the gesture and thereafter called on other states governments and the Federal Government to support the Haitians.

Haiti was on Sunday hit by 7.0 scale earthquake, which destroyed communities and killed over 100,000 people.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201001200591154
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by babapupa: 4:57pm On Jan 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Actually, the state did both, the state donated I million dollars and opened up channels for other people to add to the million dollar donation.

Sadly meaningless bad bele is part of our National character, I'm just glad all your meaningless and mindless anti Lagos rants only resides in your mind and on the pages of NL because it's yet to prevent Lagos from excelling and doing great things.

The Lagos State House of Assembly on Tuesday said it was in support of Governor Babatunde Fashola’s resolution to donate $1m to victims of the Haitian earthquake.

Fashola in a letter to the Assembly, dated January 18, 2010, had explained that the State Executive Council in its meeting on Monday discussed the recent devastation occasioned by the catastrophic natural disaster in the Republic of Haiti.

The letter was titled, “The Haiti Humanitarian Crisis” and read on the floor of the House by the Clerk of the Assembly, Mr. Taiwo Olatunji

Fashola said in the letter, “We are witnesses to the hardship being experienced and the untold toll on innocent human lives. We have as a government decided that a hand of compassion at this time from the people and government of Lagos State is not only appropriate, but a gesture of recognition of our common heritage and ancestry to a people much in need at this time.

“Accordingly, we resolved to make a donation of $1,000,000 (One Million United States Dollars) on behalf to the government and people of Lagos State as a contribution to this humanitarian crisis of grave proportions.

“I respectfully invite distinguished members of the House of Assembly to consider tabling a resolution recognising this humanitarian crisis and the desirability of providing necessary assistance to the people of Haiti.”

However, in their contribution, the lawmakers said the gesture should have been a responsibility of the Federal Government.

According to Mr. Ipoola Omisore, “this should have been a responsibility of the Federal Government, but now the Lagos State Government has taken the lead and I think it is worthy of commendation.”

Deputy Chief Whip of the House, Lola Akande while urging well meaning Nigerians to support the Haiti’s victims, suggested that the gesture should not be left to the government alone. She added that individuals should also join in contributing through donation of cash and material things.

The House however, in its resolution commended Fashola and the Executive Council for the gesture and thereafter called on other states governments and the Federal Government to support the Haitians.

Haiti was on Sunday hit by 7.0 scale earthquake, which destroyed communities and killed over 100,000 people.
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by paddylo1(m): 4:58pm On Jan 20, 2010
@kobojunkie. ,

what part of lagos donates $1million dollars dont u understand?
some ppl sef with their unnecessary mischief making. .
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by babapupa: 4:59pm On Jan 20, 2010
Thanks paddy lo, you read my mind.
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by sjeezy8: 4:59pm On Jan 20, 2010
lmfao
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by Mariory(m): 5:17pm On Jan 20, 2010
babapupa:

Actually, the state did both, the state donated I million dollars and opened up channels for other people to add to the million dollar donation.

Sadly meaningless bad bele is part of our National character, I'm just glad all your meaningless and mindless anti Lagos rants only resides in your mind and on the pages of NL because it's yet to prevent Lagos from excelling and doing great things.

paddy_lo:

@kobojunkie. , 

what part of lagos donates $1million dollars dont u understand?
some ppl sef with their unnecessary mischief making. .

Yup I have noticed that too about her. Back to topic, well done Lagos State.
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by Gbawe: 5:31pm On Jan 20, 2010
babapupa:

Simple !!!! Some folks here are simply "taking Panadol for another man's headache" while others are simply obeying the 'bad belle' instinct pushing them to condemn the actions , however good or well-meaning , of a man Nigerians are united in praising.
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by boyt1: 5:33pm On Jan 20, 2010
LASG  has done a good job, Bravo!!  the FGN  should come up with something Bigger.
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by spikedcylinder: 6:07pm On Jan 20, 2010
babapupa:

Eko akete  
Ile ogbon
Eko aromi sa legbe legbe
Eko aro sese maja
Eni ti o ba re ilu eko
Ko ya bu omi suru mu
Ni to ri pe
Kuramo a no ni
Agoin a no ni
Ero ilu eko

What drivel are you spitting? Where have I said that money shouldn't be donated? Or are you one of those that do selective reading and then turn it around to fit your deluded satisfation?
I should speak for myself? If I have to explain to you that posts coming from 'spikedcylinder' represent spikedcylinder's point of view, then you truly are a lost cause. undecided undecided undecided
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by spikedcylinder: 6:15pm On Jan 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

The article does not say Lagos gave, or Lagos donated, but that Lagos launched an appeal fund. I saw that and had to read and re-read.

@Poster, is it just me or does it seem these reports always have Lagos DOING what it is not DOING ?? I mean it is like Lagos is always INVOLVED in what Lagos is NOT ACTUALLY INVOLVED in?? ROFLMAO!! It is like you have to wait for the twist for each and every story. From CCTV, to the Floating Hotel deal, the Solar Power project to this, is Lagos actually ever involved in anything?

In fact eh, I don't understand some of these people anymore. They are so bent on licking Fashola's anus, they refuse to think outside the box.
From the article, I can deduce that the money will be given by Lagos State Government whilst urging other well meaning Nigerians to donate voluntarily. I am yet to see where the monies given on behalf of the government are said to come from Fashola's salary.
Befuddling!
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by babapupa: 6:22pm On Jan 20, 2010
spikedcylinder:

What drivel are you spitting? Where have I said that money shouldn't be donated? Or are you one of those that do selective reading and then turn it around to fit your deluded satisfation?
I should speak for myself? If I have to explain to you that posts coming from 'spikedcylinder' represent spikedcylinder's point of view, then you truly are a lost cause. undecided undecided undecided

Ok, let's make this very easy because you can not have both ways, you either support and disagree at the same time and what you wrote doesn't sound like you're on the same page with the Lagos state government, in fact you're on the other side of the fence.

You talk about Lagos State emergency reserve. Is that not money reserved for emergencies IN LAGOS? Fashola cannot afford to give away $1m of tax payers money when majority of Lagosians still live in squalor. Half of that money can be used in providing employment for a lot of people that have been very recently  displaced from their jobs and businesses , build more health centres and other basic infrastructure.

Answer yes or no?

By donating a million dollars to Haiti, did the Lagos state government did the right thing?

Btw, you were not speaking for yourself because you said the mentioned tax payers and said the state can not afford 1 million dollars? you're speaking for a lot of people because the state doesn't belong to you and you're not the only tax payer in the state of Lagos. Next time, add a disclaimer that you're speaking for your self and quit generalizing.
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by spikedcylinder: 6:31pm On Jan 20, 2010
babapupa link=topic=384451.msg5356111#msg5356111]

Ok, let's make this very easy because you can not have both ways, you either support and disagree at the same time and what you wrote doesn't sound like you're on the same page with the Lagos state government, in fact you're on the other side of the fence.

Answer yes or no?

By donating a million dollars to Haiti, did the Lagos state government did the right thing?

Btw, you were not speaking for yourself because you said the mentioned tax payers and said the state can not afford 1 million dollars? you're speaking for a lot of people because the state doesn't belong to you and you're not the only tax payer in the state of Lagos. Next time, add a disclaimer that you're speaking for your self and quit generalizing.
[/quote]

[quote author=spikedcylinder:

[size=25pt]I said it's a good gesture but that the money is too much as majority of Lagosians themselves need help.[/size]

I am a tax payer in Lagos. They don't remove over 100k every month from my salary for nothing. If I cannot talk about where MY money goes and what it is being used for then I might as well not pay it.
I don't need a disclaimer. Like a primary school pupil I might have to let you know that whatever posts you see from this ID ----->spikedcylinder means exactly what spikedcylinder wants to say.
Sheesh. These kids roaming around.
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Jan 20, 2010
Roflmao!!!!  I see I am not the only one having a problem with people's inability to READ without needing to inject their delusions into what is posted so they can score for themselves yet another brownie point. . . . ROFLMAO!!!
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by babapupa: 6:41pm On Jan 20, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I am a tax payer in Lagos. They don't remove over 100k every month from my salary for nothing. If I cannot talk about where MY money goes and what it is being used for then I might as well not pay it.
I don't need a disclaimer. Like a primary school pupil I might have to let you know that whatever posts you see from this ID ----->spikedcylinder means exactly what spikedcylinder wants to say.

Answering the simple  Yes and No question would have sufficed.

Are you on board with the state for donating a million dollars to Haiti? Yes or No.
Re: LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti by Gbawe: 6:41pm On Jan 20, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Ewo  shocked shocked shocked!!! You are paying £400 a month as tax in Lagos? How much do you earn as montly salary? £3000? My friend, you are a 'big man' and with what you earn you should actually be busy writing Lagos State a 'decent' cheque towards its Haiti funds !!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

C N N :: Flooding Displaces Nearly 700 People In Nigeria / Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue / Nairaland Doesn't Support Nigeria Breakup:Stop Using Ijaw militants as decoy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.