Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,533 members, 7,861,544 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:11 PM

How To Cope With Stories On Nairaland! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Cope With Stories On Nairaland! (756 Views)

Top 10 Writers And Stories On Nairaland 2018(check It Out) / The Best Stories On Nairaland Forum. / Why Do We Have Lazy Writers That Post Uninteresting Stories On This Section? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cope With Stories On Nairaland! by Mistyice(f): 6:01pm On Jun 06, 2017
I know we are supposed to appreciate the fact that writers give us their stories for free and we shouldn't complain when there is a glitch somewhere,but some writers also forget that when they decide to start a story they saddle themselves with a responsibility that no one forced them to take in the first place. So they end up frustrating themselves and others for free. For those of us that have been in this situation countless times,here's how to cope:

1. Follow many stories simultaneously- if you are a worker and you like to unwind at the end of the day with reading,this could be a helpful tip. That way if A doesn't update then B,C or D will so you still get to read something delightful at the end of the day. And follow only stories that are interesting to you so that you are not reading one and your mind is on another.

2. Make up your mind- What if this one doesn't complete his/her story? Don't push this question away,face it before you even start reading.
Re: How To Cope With Stories On Nairaland! by Mistyice(f): 6:12pm On Jun 06, 2017
-In fact tell yourself: this story might not make it to the end O,believe me it helps.

3. Read with unseriousness- LOL some nairalanders have suggested this as well. Don't attach yourself too much to a story so if the main thing happens you can genuinely feel sorry for the writer and not think about yourself cos deep down we know that they all want to finish their story.

4.Continue the story yourself- Tor if a story eventually crashes you can choose to finish it in your mind and even arrange it how you like if you were so attached to it. I know this is a last resort, but who knows?, it could help.

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With Stories On Nairaland! by Divepen1(m): 7:06pm On Jun 06, 2017
It AF well
Re: How To Cope With Stories On Nairaland! by Missnande(f): 11:01pm On Jun 07, 2017
LOL it haff really well.
Re: How To Cope With Stories On Nairaland! by illicit(m): 7:46am On Aug 17, 2017
I feel your pain.
If such writers arent dead, they can continue the story anytime anyway but the fans will be really starved for updates in those trying moments
Some stories just have to be like that because the writer/s just couldnt help it.
Stories dont end actually..... That interlude, that gap is still telling something
Re: How To Cope With Stories On Nairaland! by Creeza(m): 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hmm... And this got my attention, issorite...
Re: How To Cope With Stories On Nairaland! by ObaKlaz: 5:17pm On Aug 17, 2017
@op: Lord knows I was gonna do a thread like this, but it ain't bad you beat me to it though.

One of 'em writers retorted recently, that I should not have complained since he was doing it FOC. This guy still ain't finished a story he started since 2015/16! They should put their complete works on okadabooks or somewhere, or publish, and stop whinning about how they're doing it free here (I buy some of those that I find riveting enough).

They need not start what they wouldn't finish. Don't start it at all, don't leave readers here high and dry!
Re: How To Cope With Stories On Nairaland! by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 17, 2017
No. 1 hit my nail hard.....and then ince in a while I, the reader disappears.

Taste of thier medicine grin
Re: How To Cope With Stories On Nairaland! by Creeza(m): 6:14pm On Aug 17, 2017
funny.. Now I'm thinking ... grin maybe I should always post my stories on okadabooks... At least I won't have this stench of guilt rolled up , right up to my armpit..

Its disgusting and painful to stumble across threads like this, honestly.. I'm bleeding right now.

(1) (Reply)

Fate / 5 Things Every Twenty Something Year Old Should Keep In Mind / The Amazing Power Of Forgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.